With our mobile app, you will be able to connect with other event participants, view agenda & speaker bios, schedule the sessions that are important to you, easily retrieve all relevant event documents, explore nearby venues and more.
Content is only available to registered participants of an Opal event.
aXes Mobile provides mobilization and modernization capabilities for the enhancing the display of IBM i 5250 screens on mobile devices.
aXes Mobile is an extension of the aXes product family (http://www.axeslive.com/) which allows 5250-applications running on IBM i (AS/400) servers to be instantly displayed via web browsers, with the option of extending and modernizing them.
The mobile applications can be created and maintained by existing IT staff with IBM i skills.
- Multiple 5250-sessions to the same IBM i server: For example instantly swap and share data between Ordering, Customer Maintenance and Invoicing screens without navigating 5250 menus.
- Multiple 5250-sessions to different IBM i servers: For instance instantly swap between CRM and ERP on different IBM i servers. Again, data can be shared between sessions.
- Single signon to multiple 5250 sessions.
- Enhanced function key and Enter key handling. Remember that mobile devices do not have function keys like 5250 devices or PCs do.
- Integration with other corporate web pages
- Running of queries over you IBM i's DB2/400 database
- Automated configuration from URLs received via QR code, SMS or email.
- Viewing and printing IBM i spool files.
- Wireless printing directly from device. A server-side program can print to a wireless printer directly or with a preview. For example a 5250 RPG program can print an invoice or a receipt.
- Photo and video capture and annotation. Images and videos can be captured replacing text, for example in issue or damage reporting, asset management, HR, OH&S, site or product inspections. Users can annotate images to increase understanding.
- Camera Based Bar Code Scanning to speed up access to information.
- Email, SMS, Phone and Voice integration with existing 5250 applications.
- Copy to Clipboard and ‘Intelligently’ format and post data to the mobile device user’s clipboard. For example formatted product details on a 5250-screen can be posted as a response to a customer’s email inquiry.
- PDF integration. Produce, display, print and locally save PDF documents.
- Read and write data to the mobile device’s local file system. For example upload the daily schedule for a sales rep as a PDF for later offline access.
- Upload local files to the IBM i’s IFS.
- Download files from the IBM i’s IFS. 5250 iseries as400 lansa
The key features of CE Mobile
- Tight integration with your ERP leverages your development investment by reusing the business logic that makes your company unique, improving accuracy of orders and reducing supply chain inefficiencies.
- Touch-optimized navigation enables sales teams and customers to quickly validate inventory levels, confirm UPC numbers, review and update order information, and more.
- Credit card processing reduces the time it takes to receive payment. CE Mobile supports third party credit card readers and Payment Card Industry (PCI) security standards.
- Touch-optimized sales reporting allow users to drill down into real-time sales information.
This is the client component of CE Mobile. You will also need to install the server component of CE Mobile on your IBM i server. Contact LANSA for more details.