• Access all your Sync folders and files from your Android device.
• Add photos, videos, PDFs, or docs from your Android device to any of your Sync folders.
• Automatically backup your files (photos, videos, PDF, documents) to a folder on your computer.
• File transfers are encrypted and protected by secure keys.
• Your information is never stored on a server in the cloud.
To get the best performance and avoid running up your data charges while syncing your mobile device, we recommend leaving the "Use mobile data" setting off.
Please note that BitTorrent Sync is a personal file syncing application. It is not compatible with torrent file sharing applications and is similar to Box and Dropbox.
BitTorrent Sync for Android is not compatible with Intel Atom-based devices and is compatible with BitTorrent Sync for desktop version 1.1.27 or later. If you don’t already have this version, you can download it at: http://www.bittorrent.com/sync
When installing BitTorrent Sync, it will ask permission to find accounts on your device. This is required to enable you to send feedback and other information from the application to our team of developers. The application will also ask permission to access your camera for scanning QR codes, as well as to access network connection and storage in order to download and store files on your phone and SD card. You can find more about our permission requirements on our web site: http://www.bittorrent.com/sync/help/mobile-manual
Looking for answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) or a guide to get started? Visit: http://www.bittorrent.com/help/faq
Support and feedback? firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the BitTorrent Sync forum at http://forum.bittorrent.com/forum/56-bittorrent-sync/
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bittorrent
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bittorrentsync
Synchronizes directories/files with PC.
Application web page: http://www.psencik.cz/local-sync
It is possible to use Local Sync without Outlook to synchronize files/directories between Android and computer or use Local Sync only in Android for its Tasks and Notes apps without any synchronization.
Localization: English, Czech, German
PC server application download is available on product homepage.
Support, documentation and educational videos are available on product homepage.
It is possible to synchronize one Android device with many PCs and one PC with many Android devices (e.g. synchronize Android with notebook and PC at home and with PC at work) - Local Sync is primarily designed to support such a scenario.
If manufacturer replaced Android 4 contacts application with own (naive) version it may not be possible to add/edit Local Sync contacts - ask manufacturer for stock contacts apk.
(Also check out CalDAV-Sync beta)
HTC One users please check out this site first: http://dmfs.org/wiki/index.php?title=HTC_Sense_issue
Please do not install the Workaround app when you use the free version of CardDAV-Sync. It's for the paid version only
Get support and news via Twitter https://twitter.com/dmfs_org
If you find a bug send me an email, please. Without detailed error description I often can't do anything especially when I can't reproduce it. It's also possible that your server has a bug that CardDAV-Sync can not (yet) tolerate or work around. If you report bugs I can fix them quickly and everyone will benefit.
Also check out the paid version CardDAV-Sync beta. It syncs some additional fields (like company/organization and notes). For details see my website.
Please uninstall the free version before you install the paid one (and vice versa).
Note to Yahoo!® users: Due to the many issues on Yahoo!'s servers, Yahoo! is no longer officially supported by this app.
After the installation got to "Settings" > "Accounts & Sync" and create a new Account.
Important! If your phone removes the accounts on reboot, move the App back from SD card to the phone. Some phones (if not all) can't handle sync adapters on SD Card properly.
For users who are unable to edit or create synced contacts I published an editor at the market. Just search for "Contact Editor" or see my website.
Once this app reaches version 1.0, I'll make it open source.
See http://dmfs.org/wiki/index.php?title=Open_source_status for details on the open source status.
* Sync contacts from a CardDAV-server (tested and reported to work with DAViCal, SOGo, egroupware, Zimbra, david.fx, Fruux, ownCloud ... and more. See my website for details)
* basic support for self-signed certificates
* two-way-sync (please, don't forget to backup your contacts before you use this! It is still beta!)
* syncs names, phone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses, photos and birthdays (but please visit "date formats" on my website first)
* automatic address book discovery (works with most servers in default configuration)
* one-way-sync of Apple-style groups
* Support for Apple-style custom labels (X-ABLABEL)
* stores passwords encrypted
* supports efficient sync-collection request
It is still under development and some important features may be missing. Known limitations are:
* organizations, instant messengers, categories, notes and websites are *not* synced by the free version
* SOGo Contact lists are not supported yet (work is in progress)
* only "server wins" and "phone wins" (default) conflict resolution available (that is when a contact is updated on server and on phone between two syncs)
* and maybe more
Please report bugs. Feedback is very welcome.
Btw: just writing a comment like "Doesn't work on..." won't help neither you nor me to get it running on your device. Please contact me if you have problems.
* @david.fx users: david.fx returns all links to contacts from sub-folders. Currently this leads to the situation that some contacts may appear multiple times (joined to one contact)
More from developer
If you have a Windows PC and Android device (Smartphone or Tablet), chances are at some point you will want to sync files and folders between them. With Laplink Sync, this task is no longer complicated!
Laplink Sync makes it easy for you. With a few clicks, you can choose the folders and files that you want to transfer between your devices. Just select your devices and the folders you wish to sync, and that’s it! It is the easiest way to copy your newest pictures from your phone to your PC!
To get Laplink Sync for Windows, visit: