Made for you who wish to learn more about the word of the Lord !
Now you can do a prayer request.
With an intuitive interface and easy to read even on devices with small screens and the ability to zoom using the pincer movement. The best Bible Glossary ever.
- Share Verses through Whatsapp!
- Places in Bible
- New Bible Facts
- Prayer Request
- Share mode
- All Biblical Places
- Complete Dictionary A - Z
- All Biblical names and their meanings
- Bible Plan
- Biblical themes for different situations
- Link to Audio Bible MP3
Bible Promises is free and supported by ads.
* Daily verse notifications
* Beautiful design and presentation
* Multiple English translations: KJV, NIV, NKJV, ESV, NLT, as well as Bibles in French, German, Spanish and Italian.
* Share verses through Facebook, Twitter, SMS, Email, and many other apps
Addiction, Anger, Belief, Boredom, Children, Christmas, Contentment, Courage, Death, Depression, Encouragement, Envy, Faith, Family, Fear, Friendship, Forgiveness, Gossip, Grace, Grief, Guidance, Healing, Health, Hope, Humility, Jealousy, Joy, Loneliness, Love, Lust, Marriage, Meekness, Money, Obedience, Patience, Peace, Perseverance, Praise, Prayer, Pride, Protection, Redemption from Sin, Repentance, Righteousness, Sabbath, Salvation, Seeking God, Strength, Stress and Anxiety, Success, Suffering, Temptation, Thanksgiving, Tithes and Offerings, Trust, Truth, Wisdom, Work, Worry, Worship.
Commentaries on the Whole Bible
Matthew Henry Complete Commentary on the Whole Bible you find in my apps
Also I recommend you "Bible Concordance & Strongs" which you find in my app. You find there Bible Concordance, Strong's Concordance and Hebrew and Greek dictionaries.
Written by well-known and popular theologians, Bible commentaries aid in the study of Scripture by providing explanation and interpretation of Biblical text. Whether you are just beginning to read Scripture or have been studying the Bible daily, commentaries offer greater understanding with background information on authorship, history, setting, and theme of the Gospel. Verse by verse exposition of the New and Old Testament can be found in commentary written by one of the greatest Christian church leaders - Matthew Henry
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on the Whole Bible is developed from the author's rare ability to express profound spiritual insights with simplicity and eloquence. His writings have been read and enjoyed for both their scholarship and devotion. For over 250 years this commentary has been one of the most widely used of all Bible commentaries.
Matthew Henry was born near Wales on October 18, 1662.
Henry was primarily home-educated by his father, Rev. Philip Henry, and also at the Thomas Doolittle academy from 1680-1682. Henry first started studying law in 1686, but instead of pursuing a career in law he began to preach in his neighborhood.
Henry's reputation rests upon his renowned commentary, An Exposition of the Old and New Testaments (1708-10, known also as Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible). He lived to complete it only as far as to the end of the Acts, but after his death other like-minded authors prepared the remainder from Henry's manuscripts. This work was long celebrated as the best English commentary for devotional purposes and the expanded edition was initially published in 1896. Instead of critical exposition, Henry focuses on practical suggestion, and his commentaries contains rich stores of truths. There is also a smaller devotional commentary on the Bible from Henry known as Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary.
Spurgeon used Henry's commentary and commended it heartily, saying: "Every minister ought to read it entirely and carefully through once at least."
There are over 100 stories in the app. These are grouped in eight parts. A page at the beginning of each part tells briefly what is found in that part. The stories appear in the order that events occurred in history.
Feature this app you can :
- Find word / sentence on story.
- Bookmark page.
I want to thank the wonderful people -Lynn Moore and lulu Couture (Maria) - who really helped me in the making of this concordance - a huge thanks to them!
It's almost "Strong's Exhaustive Bible Concordance", I made my own search by the Bible ( it supports search by several words)
Here you will find:
Alphabet index of all words from the Bible (total in app 12839) ("the, and, of" are excluded - don't use them in search query)
Bible Concordance - also you can search by several biblical words using space between them
Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries with information from Hebrew and Greek Lexicons. Use numbers in search query to find them. Excluded some Greek words which not used in the Bible - G1400, G1418, G2717, G3203-G3302, G4452 and G5104
Strong's Concordance- the concordance you find below information of the Strong's number
All bible verses in concordance with clickable strongs numbers!
I hope this app will be your perfect companion in the study of the Bible!
Also I hope you will not have to carry a heavy book and spend much time on the search.
You need about 18Mb on your phone and about 47Mb on your SD card.
If you want to see concordance of another bible version or may be another language (without strong's numbers and concordance) - please let me know.
If you are annoyed about ads - try paid version "Bible & Strongs Concordance" which you find in my apps.
Feel free to contact me if you want to improve or have any problems with this app.
Bible Study Resources
* King James Version Bible (preloaded)
* Bible-in-a-year reading plan (preloaded)
* Free translations: ASV, WEB, YLT, Darby, RVA, LSG, Thai KJV, AA (optional downloads)
* Free commentaries: Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary, Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary, Scofield Notes (optional downloads)
* Free devotionals: Spurgeon's Morning and Evening, Daily Light on the Daily Path (optional downloads)
* Free study tools: Easton's Bible Dictionary, KJV with Strong's numbers, Greek NT, Thompson Topics, Treasury of Scripture Knowledge (optional downloads)
* Paid translations: NIV, NAS, NKJV, ESV, NVI (in-app purchases)
First things first. If you have any questions or issues with the Blue Letter Bible app, contact us immediately @ http://blb.sc/00016q, or our public Google Group @ http://blb.sc/001Yea. You can also email us @ theBlueLetterBible@gmail.com. We want the app to work for you.
Join our millions of annual website users who choose to dig deeper into God’s Word with Blue Letter Bible!
POWERFUL BIBLE STUDY TOOLS
• Study the Hebrew & Greek with our original language lexicon
• Perform word study searches using the many available dictionaries and encyclopedias
• Use the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge for an in-depth study
• Over 8,000 text commentaries by over 40 different authors
PERSONALIZED BIBLE STUDY
• Powerful note taking feature lets take notes while organizing them into notebooks
• Tag your favorite verses and collect them into custom folders
• Highlight verses in unlimited customized colors
• Show / hide footnote and verse markers
• Show / hide words of Christ in red
• Adjustable font size and line height for easier reading
• Side by side, parallel Bibles
Please take a minute to rate the Blue Letter Bible app!
The week-by-week structure inspires thought, prayer and action and supports both daily and intense bursts of reading and reflection. Try before you buy with our sample readings then decide on which length of subscription you'd like to the Guideline service.
This unique Bible reading resource offers in-depth study, drawing on the insights of current scholarship. It is written by a global pool of leading scholars and represents a stimulating and thought provoking breadth of Christian tradition. This new Guidelines app means that you can build your own personal reference library to keep on your device.
The weekly readings or Guidelines are broken into six separate sections, with an introduction giving context to the passage and a final section providing points for thought and prayer. Fit your readings around your work or home routine, and read as many or few sections as you wish on any given day. Each contributor makes suggestions of books for further study.
- Click on the weekly sub-section to see your readings for that week
- Build up your own personal reference library of Guidelines commentary – all downloads are permanently stored on your app
-Readings displayed in book page format, so no need to scroll down and lose your place
- Book format lets you swipe onto the next reading effortlessly
- Browse by contributor, date or bible book
- Use alongside your own bible or use the links to the Bible Gateway online resource
- Downloads are all stored within the app so you can access all readings without an internet connection
The Guidelines app comes with two Guidelines worth of free readings, that you can keep and use on your device forever. Subscriptions for 1 or 12 month periods for future readings are available for purchase within the app.
Guidelines is commissioned by Canon Dr Jeremy Duff and edited by Lisa Cherrett.
Guidelines is a publication of BRF. For more about BRF visit http://www.brfonline.org.uk/iphoneapps
Available language English, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Chinese.
Bible NIV, Louis Segond and Union Version.
Study Bible functionality includes:
- Navigating between adjacent chapters or jumping to any chapter and verse by giving the reference (e.g. Rev 14:6)
-A nice and easy to use selection panel (you long press on a verse to activate it). It provides the ability to copy, highlight or chain a reference to the verse.
--Once in selection mode, to highlight another verse you simply tap on the interested verse, and do the same to deselect it.
--If you would like to select a long passage simply long press on a verse again, and all the verse between the last selection and the current long pressed verse will be selected.
-As can be expected; Study Bible also has a search feature that one can use to find passages with similar wording to the search query.
-A history action to show all the chapters one has been to, and you can tap on the list to go back to that chapter.
-The ability to share Scriptures you like
-Now one can keep notes of thoughts they have one certain verses
-One can now show as to which are their favourite verses. Start placing them, for soon there shall be a means of uses those verses to keep the word of God ever before you.
-Also what has now been added is the ability to back up one's study info, so if somehow the app's data is cleared, or a new install is made, it will be a small process to restore you study info.
-There are also what are known as Active notes, which help one take notes in a dynamic manner; they also provide easy reading of verses referenced in the note.
-One can also change the theme of the app to a colouring you more comfortable with.
The FASTEST Bible app and most efficient way to read & study the Bible. Quickly navigate to any verse and easily access tools to help further your understanding of the Bible. Over 5 million downloads on both iOS and Android, and over 400,000 people reading their Bibles each week!
The New International Version (NIV) Bible is the most popular English language Bible available today. It is an excellent translation into very good contemporary English. It is suitable for public and private reading, teaching, preaching, memorizing, and liturgical use.
• Take Notes
• Highlight or Underline words & entire verses
• Bookmark Verses
• Add Margin Notes
• 4 types of Navigation (Scroll Wheel, 3-Tap, 2-Tap, & Keyboard)
• Full Screen Immersive Mode by a simple double tap (Android KitKat and higher)
• Folders to organize your notes & bookmarks
• Access Study Bibles & read the study notes beside the Bible
• Offline (No Internet connection required for downloaded Bibles)
• Red Letter text for Jesus' words
• Search the Old & New Testament to find verses containing the entered keyword
• Night mode for low-lit reading areas
• History folder to access past 50 viewed verses
• Split-screen mode to read two Bible translations at once
• Share verses & notes via Google+, Facebook, Twitter, email, & SMS
• Bible talks to you! Text-to-Speech allows the Bible to be read to you out loud
• Change font size and font type
• Auto scroll allows the Bible to scroll automatically
• Backup all your purchases and created Bible data using a FREE TecartaBible.com account
• Cross References & Footnotes by long-pressing on dotted-underlined words & superscript letters
• Bibles (KJV, NLT, NKJV, ESV, GW, MSG, NCV, and more!)
• Commentaries (Matthew Henry's Concise, Commentary Critical & Explanatory on the Whole Bible, John Wesley's Explanatory Notes, John Gill's Exposition on the Whole Bible, and more!)
• Study Bibles (NIV Study Bible, NKJV Study Bible, NIV Woman's Study Bible, Lucado Life Lessons Bible, and more!)
• Devotionals (One Year Devos)
If you have suggestions, questions, or comments we would love to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com
If you need help or want to see all the features in your Tecarta Bible, please visit our Help website at http://tecartabible.com/help/
If You liked this book you can find version without advertisement in my applications: "Matthew Henry Commentary Pro"
Originally written in 1706, Matthew Henry's six volume Complete Commentary provides an exhaustive look at every verse in the Bible.
Matthew Henry's well-known six-volume Exposition of the Old and New Testaments (1708–1710) or Complete Commentary, provides an exhaustive verse by verse study of the Bible. covering the whole of the Old Testament, and the Gospels and Acts in the New Testament. After the author's death, the work was finished (Romans through Revelation) by thirteen other nonconformist ministers, partly based upon notes taken by Henry's hearers, and edited by George Burder and John Hughes in 1811.
Henry's commentaries are primarily exegetical, dealing with the scripture text as presented, with his prime intention being explanation, for practical and devotional purposes. While not being a work of textual research, for which Henry recommended Matthew Poole's Synopsis Criticorum, Henry's Exposition gives the result of a critical account of the original as of his time, with practical application. It was considered sensible and stylish, a commentary for devotional purposes.
Famous evangelical Protestant preachers such as George Whitefield and Charles Spurgeon used and heartily commended the work, with Whitefield reading it through four times - the last time on his knees. Spurgeon stated, "Every minister ought to read it entirely and carefully through once at least."
Henry's reputation rests upon his renowned commentary, An Exposition of the Old and New Testaments (1708-10, known also as Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible). He lived to complete it only as far as to the end of the Acts, but after his death other like-minded authors prepared the remainder from Henry's manuscripts. This work was long celebrated as the best English commentary for devotional purposes and the expanded edition was initially published in 1896. Instead of critical exposition, Henry focuses on practical suggestion, and his commentaries contains rich stores of truths.
Also join Bible lexicon community on google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104475940864223988052
For help see http://biblelexicon.net/help
• Lexicon search
• Concordance search
• Bible text (multiple Bible texts can be paralleled side by side)
• Passage translator (Translate selected passage from original text)
• Vocabulary creator (Create and print vocabulary for selected passage)
• Exegetical study tool (helps you get inside the text)
• Bookmarks, Notes
• Searching by Greek/Hebrew characters, strong numbers, transliteration
• Clickable words (dialog box with further study options)
• Concordance, Bible text, Vocabulary exports
• Night mode
• Phone & Tablet layout
• Google+, Facebook, Twitter share
• Free, no ads
• And some other features…
Please, rate only application features, implementation, design, user-friendliness and so on. If application force closes rather write me an email or report the problem so I can make update fixing this. This way is much helpful.
- Arabic: Arabic Bible
- Chinese: Chinese Union Version Simplified, Chinese Union Version Traditional
- Czech: Bible 21, Bible kralická, Český ekumenický překlad, Český studijní překlad, Svaté Písmo - Překlad nového světa 1997
- Dutch: Statenvertaling
- English: American standard version, Bible in Basic English, Geneva Bible, King James Version, World English Bible, Young's Literal Translation
- French: French Darby Translation, French Louis Segond, La Sainte Bible
- German: Elberfelder 1905, Luther Bible
- Greek: Byzantine NT, Nestle 1904 Greek New Testament, SBL Greek New Testament, Septuagint, Textus Receptus, Westcott-Hort
- Hebrew: Aleppo Codex, Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia, Westminster Leningrad Codex
- Indonesian: Terjemahan Baru
- Italian: Italian Diodati Bibbia
- Japanese: Japan Bible
- Korean: Korean ASV
- Latin: Latin Vulgate
- Polish: Biblia gdańska
- Portuguese: Almeida Revista e Corrigida
- Romanian: Dumitru Cornilescu
- Russian: Russian Synodal Bible
- Slovak: Slovenský ekumenický preklad
- Spanish: Reina-Valera, Sagradas Escrituras
- Swahili: Biblia Takatifu
- Swedish: Svenska 1917 års bibelöversättning
- Syriac: The Syriac New Testament (Peshitta)
- Tamil: Tamil BSI, Tamil WBTC
- Turkish: Turkish Bible
- Vietnamese: Vietnamese Bible
- Greek: Abridged Greek - Czech, Bartoň Uvedení do Novozákonní Řečtiny, Mounce The Basics of Biblical Greek, Strongs greek, Thayer's NT Greek Lexicon, Tichý greek
- Hebrew: Brown Driver Briggs Hebrew lexicon, Hebrew lexicon, Strongs hebrew, Weingreen hebrew
- Latin: Latin lexicon
Furthermore, this Amplified Bible version Includes adjectives and synonyms expanding the main idea words on each verse, in order to give you a better scope on God's Word. You will also find extra expanding concepts for key verses, at the end of several chapters.
The Amplified Bible is a nice reading and listening material for every Christian, including scholars and students, fulfilling the task as a spiritual guidance for your biblical study.
1) The reading text inside this Android App will self adjust it's size depending of your phone or tablet's screen size, aiming for an easy, uncluttered, reading experience.
2) The Speak aloud function may not be installed or configured in your Android device. This Android app will pop up a message box telling you about the need of installing or configuring the voice function inside your Android Device. You may do so by getting into your Android´s home screen, opening the SYSTEM SETTINGS menu and scrolling down into the Language & Input option. Inside you will find the Text to Speech configuration panel.
Functions: select Bible book; select chapter; scroll or click verse link to verse; go to previous chapter; go to next chapter; 200 history; search; bookmark; user define font size and color; user sort Bible Versions.
Current bible versions: King James Version (KJV), Chinese Union Version (Simplified) (CUVS)簡體中文和合本, Chinese New Version (Traditional) (CNVT)繁體中文新譯本, New Living Translation (NLT), Chinese Union Version (Traditional) (CUVT)繁體中文和合本,New International Version (NIV), English Standard Version (ESV)
AMP and NASB were removed as copyright owner required.
To install Beta version, please join my Google group by login https://groups.google.com and search 789ijk, click 789ijk then click "Join group to post". Or you can Email me. Once you join, you can update to new Beta from https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.zs.multiversionsbiblestatic.
IF YOU HAVE ISSUE BECAUSE ROTATED SCREEN OR STORAGE ISSUE, PLEASE CLOSE THE APP AND REOPEN IT, OR CLICK "REBUILD APP" MENU.
Please select "External storage" for Storage type in main screen Settings menu to avoid App crash caused by clean up Apps