When you're standing in line, waiting for something, why waste time. You can use WPME to build up your vocabulary even in that short period of time.
We try to keep the process as fast as possible:
You will get random words from a very big offline in-app dictionary. You have to guess the meaning of the word in 1 second otherwise the app will show it to you. So you need to be fast. You can tap anywhere to get the next word.
This application need no special permissions.
* You don't need internet connection to use this application.
* You will get addicted to it.
1. This app provides all the Barron's word list in a simple interface but with an effective content for an efficient learning experience.
2. Each word in the list has an extensive collection of Synonyms,Antonyms and Usage.
3. Pronunciation of each word to help with the correct accent and usage.
4. Provision to add words into a favourites list to help you revise the words regularly.
5. Navigation between words made easier using swipe
6. ****** No Ads ******
Enjoy the app
IELTS Word Power allows you to:
• Learn English and improve your vocabulary.
• Prepare for the IELTS test with all the information for candidates.
• Find the nearest IELTS test centre.
If you like VocabPower, try the full version - VocabPowerPro!
Cracking the verbal section of the SAT, GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, MCAT and other exams made a whole lot easier!!!
Two modes of VocabPower -
1) Flash cards: Learn words, their meanings, parts of speech and pronunciations using flash cards. 1200 words available in alphabetical groups!(VocabPowerPro has around 4300 words).
2) Test yourself: Run a quick self-adaptive test and find out where you stand. Test will move on to different levels of difficulty based on your performance. Detailed score analysis and test walk-through options available.(This test actually gives you word meaning choices in the same part of speech to rule out answering by elimination).
*Test names and other trademarks are the property of the respective trademark holders.None of the trademarks holders are affiliated with this application.
Words in GRE are very limited and memorizing a few words helps you a lot.
You don't have to learn all the words, just concentrate on the important ones.
1. Frequently asked exams in competitive exams.
2. Frequently updated.
3. GRE Quantitative tips.
So what exactly you are waiting for? Download this free application & brush-up your vocabulary.
What we bring to the table?
✔ 1000+ questions to test your power of words.
✔ Explanation, additional information that helps you to understand various implications.
✔ Deal with questions & check your progress.
✔ A great tool to practice the use of new words.
✔ Share your progress with your friends on social networks.
✔ Notebook based user-interface with a great ease of use.
This application provides a great help to test your vocabulary.
- TOEIC Vocabulary (600 TOEIC Words): The data is standard from the book "600 standards essential words for the TOEIC - 3rd edition" includes 600 words with many parts: definition, vietnamese meaning, examples, related words and testing lessons for every word categories. In special, from version 2.1, supporting listening tests in this data.
- TOEFL Vocabulary (400 TOEFL Must-Have Words): The data from book "400 Must-Have for the TOEFL" with with many parts: definition, examples, related words and testing lessons for every word categories.
- TOEFL/IELTS Vocabulary (5000 TOEFL/IELTS Words): From "5000 words for TOEFL & IELTS" include 5000 words. The data has only definition of the words.
- TOEIC Vocabulary (3420 TOEIC Words): Includes 3420 words with definition, related words.
Especially, with every lessons, you can do test lessons to remembered longer. Additionally, through widget, the app English Vocabulary Daily helps you to learn vocabulary every hour, every day like "small rain lays great dust". The app English Vocabulary Daily works offline, so you learn anytime, anywhere without a network connection.
The app English Vocabulary Daily has features as following:
- Support pronunciation and translation.
- Supports two types of widgets (4x2 and 2x2) gives you flexibility in use.
- Supports for multiple profiles as show/hide parts of words, change display font size
- Supports sharing the app via Facebook, Twitter, Google+...
For more effective learning, below is some small tips upon application English Vocabulary Daily:
1. Spend 15 to 30 minutes everyday to learn a list of categories. At each category, firstly learning with full meaning, then go to "Settings", uncheck the relevant settings. This helps you remember of the words meaning faster.
2. After completing the words lesson in each category, you do the test lessons. This will help you remember the learned words longer.
3. Please add widget to your android Home Screen, so every opening, a certain word is shown on the display. This is the way that the application helps you to learn words gradually rather than over-full manner causing difficult to remember. This function is helpful for people with limited time.
Have an effective learning and success in TOEIC / TOEFL / IELTS examination!
This application can also call under another name as English Vocabulary Test, Toeic Vocabulary Test, TOEFL Vocabulary, IELTS Vocabulary
“A positively addictive app for aspiring wordsmiths.” —Fast Company
“Vocabulary.com reveals the truth about your vocabulary skills and helps you improve.” —AppAdvice
“An addictive word-learning app... an approachable dictionary and quiz machine.” —TIME
IT’S A SCIENCE...
Vocabulary.com is a comprehensive program for lifelong learning of vocabulary, in which each activity is specially chosen for you.
• We use sophisticated algorithms to help you learn more effectively.
• We start with 120,000 questions that teach 12,000 words.
• We use the science of learning to model how you learn (and retain) new words.
• By comparing your answers to the hundreds of millions of answers given by other Vocabulary.com users, we personalize your learning experience and choose the best question for you at just the right time.
...AND IT’S A GAME
We’ve turned learning vocabulary into an addictive game. You may not even notice that you’re learning along the way.
• Accumulate points, achievements and badges.
• Compete with Vocabulary.com users from throughout the world.
Studying for an exam like the SAT, GRE, or TOEFL? We have learnable lists for you, covering everything from standardized tests to breaking news — you name it.
• Choose from one of our 50,000 ready-to-learn lists.
• Or if you see a word in the dictionary that you want to learn, just click "learn this word" and we'll teach it to you.
...OR WE CHOOSE
Don't have a specific word or list in mind? Let our adaptive learning system find the right word for you.
• Just play a few questions, and we'll pinpoint the words that are appropriate for your level.
• We won't waste your time on words that are too easy or too hard.
Like a good coach, Vocabulary.com won’t give up on you. Whether you pick the words or let us find them for you, we’ll work with you until you've mastered them.
And even after you've achieved mastery, we'll continue to reinforce what you have learned to make sure that it all stays fresh in your memory. Next thing you know, you’ll be expanding your vocabulary and improving your communication, a key to success in school and business.
FINALLY, A DICTIONARY WITH A SOUL
Our dictionary was written for humans, by humans. Look up a word, and you’ll read a friendly explanation that you'll actually remember. It’s as if your favorite teacher were explaining it to you.
We include clever usage tips and thousands of real-world example sentences that'll show you how words live in the wild and will make you more confident about using them yourself.
See a word you’d like to know better? Tap "Learn this Word" and easily add it to your learning program.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"Vocabulary.com is among the quickest, and most intelligent ways for students to improve their vocabulary. Regardless of education level or age, Vocabulary.com will help master the words that are essential to academic and business success." —National Education Association
“Educators who are familiar with Vocabulary.com are impressed by the technology. It is a sign, they say, that real progress is finally being made in computer-assisted education.” —The New York Times
“Vocabulary.com could actually make speaking well cool again.” —TIME
“Vocabulary.com boasts a Web-based dashboard bristling with points, levels, progress bars and achievement bonuses, among other attractions.” —USA Today
HONORS AND AWARDS
• TIME’s 50 Best Websites of the Year
• PC Magazine's Top 100 Websites of the Year
• Tech & Learning Award of Excellence
• Webby Awards: Official Honoree in Education
Get the FREE vocabulary app right now!
* 6,000 words with images to illustrate words, phonetic transcriptions and English pronunciation recordings by native speakers.
* Vocabulary covers 15 thematic topics divided into 140 subtopics.
* The entire vocabulary has been translated into 51 languages:
✔ Afrikaans ✔ Albanian ✔ Arabic ✔ Azerbaijani ✔ Bengali ✔ Bulgarian ✔ Catalan ✔ Chinese (Simplified) ✔ Chinese (Traditional) ✔ Croatian ✔ Czech ✔ Danish ✔ Dutch ✔ Estonian ✔ Filipino ✔ Finnish ✔ French ✔ Georgian ✔ German ✔ Greek ✔ Hebrew ✔ Hindi ✔ Hungarian ✔ Icelandic ✔ Indonesian ✔ Italian ✔ Japanese ✔ Korean ✔ Latvian ✔ Lithuanian ✔ Macedonian ✔ Malay ✔ Norwegian ✔ Persian ✔ Polish ✔ Portuguese ✔Brazilian Portuguese ✔ Romanian ✔ Russian ✔ Serbian ✔ Slovak ✔ Slovenian ✔ Spanish ✔ Swahili ✔ Swedish ✔ Thai ✔ Turkish ✔ Ukrainian ✔ Urdu ✔ Vietnamese
* Select from 7 fun games to learn in a uniquely entertaining manner.
* Built-in "Spin Categories" feature allows the app to choose a random topic, subtopic and game for you to enhance your learning experience.
* "Review Manager" allows you to review all the words you've learned during each game.
* No internet connection is required to use the app.
* 3 difficulty levels: beginner, intermediate and advanced.
* Choose your preferred tuition language from 51 pre-programmed interface languages: English, German, French, Turkish, Russian, Korean, Arabic, Thai, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, etc.
Learn English app is absolutely FREE!
With funeasylearn.com learning apps, you can learn English for free. Learn more than 6,000 words through image illustration, recorded pronunciation and native translation into 51 languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese. The app's vocabulary is divided thematically and covers most aspects of the everyday world, from the restaurant to the hotel, the home to the workplace, outer space to the animal kingdom. FunEasyLearn is a valuable learning tool as it has many fun games developed by experts.
FunEasyLearn is perfect for anyone who wants to learn English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, etc.
Please support us by leaving a good rating, or share this app with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ if you like it.
If you have any issues regarding this app, please feel free to let us know at
Vocab PRO is specifically designed for students appearing for GRE, SAT, GMAT, CAT, ASVAB, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, MCAT, PCAT, NMAT, SNAP, CMAT, XAT or other competitive exams; for those who are looking to build a substantially rich and diverse vocabulary or for simply those who wish to broaden their linguistic horizon.
The various categories of words in ‘Study Words’, ‘Random Words’ or ‘Sentence Completion’, are all interlinked in such a way that no matter whichever option you choose, it will help you learn the word in the correct way - pronunciation, meaning, grammar and example in sentence usage.
Vocab PRO not only helps you learn new words but also guides you towards using the newly-learned words in its proper form and context and acts as a handy dictionary as well. With a comprehensive database of several diverse words, it features the correct audio pronunciation of the word, synonyms, antonyms, grammar and its correct use in a sentence all in one selection of the word. This app makes it a pleasurable and fruitful experience to learn new words at any time on the go.
Furthermore, Vocab PRO allows you an option to categorise your learned words into ‘known’, ‘unknown’ and ‘not sure’ depending on the level of your preparation and to attach additional notes for future reference. By this you can go back and refer to the words that you are ‘not sure’ or ‘unknown’ and learn them to your best.
Vocab PRO can be used in a variety of ways from just learning new words, their correct audio pronunciations to revising and testing your vocabulary makes it a ‘complete’ package of learning. With its clean, uncluttered and intuitive interface and rich features, Vocab PRO is the complete solution for all candidates appearing for competitive exams as well as for those who simply wish to upgrade their vocabulary.
Vocab PRO is the perfect tool to enhance your vocabulary, master the usage, grammar, synonyms, antonyms and pronunciation of tricky words and constantly evaluate yourself through unlimited sentence completion tests.
Great for GRE, CAT, CMAT, XAT, SAT, GMAT, etc.
This free app has the following features:
1.A collection of 380 words categorized as Beginner/Expert.
2.Dictionary with Filter-Based Search:
*Online mode - Search for any word to get its definitions & usage examples from a wide range of dictionaries like WEBSTER, CENTURY, WORDNET, WIKTIONARY, AMERICAN HERITAGE DICT. provided by Wordnik.com.
*Offline mode - Search from the 380 words in the free App.
3.Daily Word Notifications - No more widgets required, instead get notified with a new word daily.
4.Root Words - Upto 320 roots with example words(Very useful for GRE GMAT SAT & CAT aspirants).
Find it difficult to remember new words??? Try the Root Word technique(eg. below):
The Root 'bell' means 'war'--- bellicose, belligerent etc.
The Root 'ante' means 'before'--- antecedent, antediluvian, antedate etc.
So now if you come across the word 'antebellum' you can guess its meaning which would be 'before the war'.
5.Learn Word Mode - Learn new words in the form of flashcards.
6.Test Mode - Test based on the words learnt by you.
7.Review List - Lets you easily access all the words you find difficult at one place.
8.Statistics regarding your performance.
9.Integrated with Wiktionary - Long press a word to get more details about it like Etymology(i.e word origin).
10.U.S and U.K vocal pronunciations(via Google text-to speech).
11.If you come accross a new word when you are browsing through websites you can now find its meaning through the Word Learner App as follows:
Long Press the word, click on the share icon and select the Word Learner App.
(Limitations: This feature is dependent on the native browser implementation(works well on ics).It even works with certain ebook readers like Aldiko).
In case of any queries regarding the usage of this application please check the extensive help in the menu options.
If this application helps you with your vocabulary, purchase the Word Pack for more words and features.
WORD PACK(PAID) - A collection of over 1500 words.
Purchasing the word pack will enable the following features in your application:
1.A huge collection of powerful and important words(very helpful for students appearing for GRE, SAT, GMAT, CAT, etc.).
2.Will enable multiple Daily Word Notifications.
3.Will enable Interval-Based Word Notification.
4.Will remove the ads.
For Feedback/Suggestions mail me at email@example.com
App launcher icon - http://altonbrian16.deviantart.com/
Quickly learn the most frequent English words and travel phrases before your holidays or build a solid vocabulary in just 10 min per day. Proven methodology for accelerated and stress-free learning of English. Over 10.000 words and phrases with images and quality audio. More than any other app! Learn vocabulary while driving, running or doing housework in listening-only mode.
It's 100% free. Give it a try and download now!
► Courses: English Travel phrases, Most frequent words, English Slang, Business English, Pickup lines... (all 100% free)
► Listening-only mode included
► Accelerated learning method with spaced repetitions, based on the latest research for optimum memorization
► Quality audio pronunciation and images
► No internet connection required while learning
► From absolute beginners to advanced learners
► Adapts to mobile phones and tablets
How does it compare to other language learning apps?
► 100% Free: No limitations of content or functions in an attempt to make you buy a paid version. Everything is free.
► More Words and Courses: Courses adapted to fit your language learning objectives, whether you want to study the language for your job, your holidays or just for asking someone on a date.
► Adjustable Learning Speed
► Accelerated Learning Methodology: Research in the field of vocabulary learning showed that spaced repetition language training gives the best results for memorization in language lessons. Plus optional relaxation music can increase student memory capacity (superlearning).
► Add your own vocabulary lists: If you are taking a course at a school, university or private academy, you can add the words from your textbook and learn them here instead of looking them up in a dictionary.
See our detailed comparison of the most popular language learning educational apps such as duolingo, busuu or babbel at http://www.languagecourse.net/mobile/comparison
Do not download this app if you want to learn grammar.
This app is designed for rapid learning of vocabulary and phrases.
For learning grammar thoroughly (such as tenses and verb conjugations) the best option is to attend a language course ideally in a country where the language is spoken. On our website http://www.LanguageCourse.net you can compare over 10000 reviews of language courses & programs worldwide. The best app is no replacement for a English course, but can help make the vocabulary learning part of any course so much easier.
Available Course Content:
► Most Frequent Words
- Beginner A1 (500 words)
- Elementary A2 (501-1250)
- Lower Intermediate B1 (1251-2250)
- Upper Intermediate B2 (2251-3500)
- Advanced C1 (3501-5000)
► Dating Phrases
- Dating, Romance and Going Out
- Business Vocabulary
► Travel phrases
Learn any of the following 32 languages with our other apps: Croatian, Romanian, Chinese, Catalan, Vietnamese, Turkish, Norwegian, Hungarian, Hindi, Thai, Bengali, German, Finnish, Bulgarian, French, Swedish, Slovak, Ukrainian, Danish, Italian, Malaysian, Korean, Persian, Arabic, Hebrew, Czech, Greek, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Japanese, Dutch
LEARN: uVocab contains a comprehensive database of nearly 5000 quality, hand-picked words, considered 'high-frequency' in various competetive tests and essential for every advanced vocabulary learner. With a clean & customizable UI, you can explore the word database via multiple browsing methods that support both systematic learning or a casual look up. In-depth vocabulary information categories makes the dataset relevant to both beginners and advanced learners.
EVALUATE: Take realistic tests to evaluate your vocabulary strength. You can track your progress with detailed test statistics alongwith complete test history to review past performance. uVocab now supports multiple test types to take vocabulary test with different word groups.
REVISE: uVocab contains all the features to keep track and quickly review words of interest to you. Favorite tags allow you to conveniently locate interesting words. Failed tags are automatically added for mistakes made during tests to aid your revision process. Flash cards provide another way to create word groups to help you during test preparations.
~ Comprehensive, in-depth word database.
~ Multiple word browsing methods.
~ Multiple realistic test types.
~ Audio pronunciations for unfamiliar words.
~ Web resources integration for advanced learning.
~ Supports favorite/failed tags for word revision.
~ Flash cards for test preparations.
~ Detailed test history to monitor progress.
~ Share words with your friends.
~ Clean and fully customizable UI with multiple themes.
** Absolutely free, supported with minimal ads.
** Your kind comments and ratings are highly appreciated to help improve this app.
Are you preparing for TOEIC, TOEFL, GMAT, SAT, GRE, MCAT, PCAT or ASVAB exam?
If you want to score high, you need an extensive vocabulary. The dictionary in this app includes:
TOEIC (3420 words)
TOEFL (600 words)
GMAT (1400 words)
SAT (5000 words)
GRE (3750 words)
MCAT (1230 words)
PCAT (1190 words)
ASVAB (300 words)
For each word you will find a correct pronunciation (via your Android device) and translation to your mother language (via Google Translate - requires an internet connection, but only a little data).
This application will help you learn essential vocabulary. You can test and improve your knowledge in two ways: You can either match words with their meanings or meanings with their words. Every test contains 10 questions and each question has 4 answer options. You have to select the correct answer. In the end of each test you can check your answers.
During your study you can relax and still stay in touch with English language. Play some word games, like Anagram, CodeWord, Millionaire, Puzzle or Stop Word.
You can read and listen to it.
*this can improve your English reading and listening comprehension level.
*200 brief articles in English and reading these articles corresponding MP3.
*Articles are short. reading speed is slow.
*All reading mp3 are free to download.
*Favorite your favorite articles.
If you're learning English, download it. Thank you.