When you're standing in line, waiting for something, why waste time. You can use WPME to build up your vocabulary even in that short period of time.
We try to keep the process as fast as possible:
You will get random words from a very big offline in-app dictionary. You have to guess the meaning of the word in 1 second otherwise the app will show it to you. So you need to be fast. You can tap anywhere to get the next word.
This application need no special permissions.
* You don't need internet connection to use this application.
* You will get addicted to it.
IELTS Word Power allows you to:
• Learn English and improve your vocabulary.
• Prepare for the IELTS test with all the information for candidates.
• Find the nearest IELTS test centre.
1. This app provides all the Barron's word list in a simple interface but with an effective content for an efficient learning experience.
2. Each word in the list has an extensive collection of Synonyms,Antonyms and Usage.
3. Pronunciation of each word to help with the correct accent and usage.
4. Provision to add words into a favourites list to help you revise the words regularly.
5. Navigation between words made easier using swipe
6. ****** No Ads ******
Enjoy the app
Check out the Pro Version with more functions than the free one.
- create a bunch of decks with your vocabularies in the appropriate language
- edit your decks and define auto-translation languages
- insert vocabularies to your decks
- import and export decks and lists
- we support TTS and SVOX TTS
- edit or delete single vocabularies from your list (Long click on a item in the vocabulary list)
- learn with Leitner system, up to five boxes
- choose a box and learn flashcard words. To see the corresponding word perform a simple click on the card and it turns around
- change the language order to learn vise versa (Click menu button in Vocabulary Box tab)
- use the GoTo button to jump to a specific vocable number within a box
- learn in random mode
Create vocabulary flashcard lists on your pc or export some lists from your dictionary websites and import them into your decks.
Use www.dict.cc access in import/export section to download vocabulary lists. Export lists from the website on your SD card download folder and import the list into your app.
The app supports "Move App to SD Card" only available for Android version 2.2 or higher.
The app is free and supported by Google Ads.
Buy the Pro Version which is ad free.
The app was tested on:
Nexus S Android 4.1
HTC Desire S Android 2.3.6
Motorola Defy Android 2.1
### OLD VERSION was released by the name of "Today's Word" ###
** Update History
Transparent widget added.
Quiz now possible only with favorite words.
long press and copy word in description to look up with ColorDict dictionary(installation required).
Play audio with changing playback speed.
Able to listen the word itself.
Backup or restore data and audio files on Dropbox.
THE TOPICS WHICH ARE INCLUDED ARE :
5. EMAIL WRITING
6. DIARY ENTRY
10. FACTUAL DESCRIPTION
EVEN YOU CAN USE THE ONLINE DICTIONARY.
MAKE USE THIS APP. THE BEST ONE CAN. :)
DATA CONNECTION IS MUST FOR USING THIS APP.
Vocab PRO is specifically designed for students appearing for GRE, SAT, GMAT, CAT, ASVAB, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, MCAT, PCAT, NMAT, SNAP, CMAT, XAT or other competitive exams; for those who are looking to build a substantially rich and diverse vocabulary or for simply those who wish to broaden their linguistic horizon.
The various categories of words in ‘Study Words’, ‘Random Words’ or ‘Sentence Completion’, are all interlinked in such a way that no matter whichever option you choose, it will help you learn the word in the correct way - pronunciation, meaning, grammar and example in sentence usage.
Vocab PRO not only helps you learn new words but also guides you towards using the newly-learned words in its proper form and context and acts as a handy dictionary as well. With a comprehensive database of several diverse words, it features the correct audio pronunciation of the word, synonyms, antonyms, grammar and its correct use in a sentence all in one selection of the word. This app makes it a pleasurable and fruitful experience to learn new words at any time on the go.
Furthermore, Vocab PRO allows you an option to categorise your learned words into ‘known’, ‘unknown’ and ‘not sure’ depending on the level of your preparation and to attach additional notes for future reference. By this you can go back and refer to the words that you are ‘not sure’ or ‘unknown’ and learn them to your best.
Vocab PRO can be used in a variety of ways from just learning new words, their correct audio pronunciations to revising and testing your vocabulary makes it a ‘complete’ package of learning. With its clean, uncluttered and intuitive interface and rich features, Vocab PRO is the complete solution for all candidates appearing for competitive exams as well as for those who simply wish to upgrade their vocabulary.
Vocab PRO is the perfect tool to enhance your vocabulary, master the usage, grammar, synonyms, antonyms and pronunciation of tricky words and constantly evaluate yourself through unlimited sentence completion tests.
What is your English level? Check now - it's fast!
*Find out your vocabulary and grammar level: Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced.
*Get results quickly
* Full test: find out your overall English level.
* Full report: Get a detailed level description. Learn your predicted TOEIC, TOEFL and IELTS scores, as well as your U.S. grade school reading level.
*Check your reading, writing, grammar or vocabulary levels separately.
By downloading this app you accept the terms of our End User License Agreement (EULA) found at http://eltsoft.com/eula/ and our privacy statement found at http://eltsoft.com/privacy/
Who is this app for?
*English learners - Get a rough idea of your English level without spending a lot of money on expensive exams.
*English teachers and school administrators - Quickly and easily check your students' English levels.
*Business managers - assess your employees' English level.
Special low price. Buy now!
1. How does the test work?
This is a diagnostic test. The test starts with a beginner question. Every time the test taker gets an answer correct, they proceed to a higher level. However, if the test taker gets a question wrong, they drop one level. This process continues until an assessment of the test takers ability level is made.
2. How accurate are the tests?
Our app is designed to give you a quick and approximate idea of your level. All questions have been written by expert teachers. The reading passages were analyzed using special software that tests for word difficulty and sentence length.
3. What about listening and speaking?
We are currently working on a listening test. For speaking, due to the current limits of technology, it's best to seek out a certified oral proficiency tester. For example, take an IELTS test or the Standard Speaking Test (SST).
4. How can I improve my test scores?
The best way is to immerse yourself in the language. Read and listen to interesting topics at your level, and try to find another student or native speaker to practice with. If you're studying for a specific exam, then it's important to take practice tests and learn test-taking strategies. Also, use your time efficiently. Practice with your mobile device when you're waiting in lines or commuting by public transportation. Our apps are perfect for this. Check out: English Grammar Quiz Game, Practical English and Pronunciation Checker.
This is EFL/ESL Language Learning Software.
Authors: Jason Byrne & Robert Diem
Each IELTS Skill is available as a separate app:
► IELTS Skills - Reading
► IELTS Skills - Listening
► IELTS Skills - Speaking
► IELTS Skills - Writing
All four skills are also available together in a single app - IELTS Skills.
The IELTS Skills apps provide exam practice exercises and interactive tasks to help you develop the skills you will need to do well at IELTS.
► Written by Sam McCarter the author of the best selling Ready for IELTS and Tips for IELTS .
► A wide range of innovative and interactive exercises that help you work on the essential skills needed for the IELTS exam.
► Each skill is explained andcomes with examples and an interactive exercise.
► Practise answering a full range of question types that you can expect to find in the IELTS exam.
► A detailed overview of the exam.
► Score yourself on the interactive Can Do statement section.
Let's face it, not everyone can commit full-time to learning a language. We know there are many things going on in your life: school, work, the kids, that special someone. That's why we developed WordPower Learn American English Vocabulary Lite for the ultra-busy, 21st century lifestyle. There's absolutely no reason to miss out on all the benefits of learning American English just because you're light on time. With WordPower Learn American English Vocabulary Lite, you'll start down the road to fluency and reap the rewards that go with it.
With WordPower Learn American English Vocabulary Lite, you'll master 100 of the most frequently used words and phrases in the American English language right on your Android device! The app doubles as a mini travel guide packed with cultural insights and practical American English phrases. Learn American English with audio recordings of a native American English speaker and a voice recorder so you can master perfect pronunciation anywhere, anytime. This list of the 100 most frequently used American English words is compact enough to fit a little review into you busy schedule. Study at your convenience at times and places that work for you! WordPower Learn American English Vocabulary Lite also comes with an addictive Word of the Day alert and free American English audio lessons when you sign up for a free EnglishClass101.com account inside the app.
What makes WordPower so effective? It's Fun, Fast and Easy to Use!
WordPower Learn American English Vocabulary Lite FEATURES:
- Completely redesigned UI. The user interface has been redesigned from the ground up to be much cleaner, beautiful, and more user friendly
- New! Android Tablet support
- American Top 100 Words: A special list of words specific to daily life in the United States. You’ll learn handy cultural insights with every entry transforming Word Power into a mini travel and cultural handbook (3G or WiFi required to access Wikipedia links within the app)
- Essential American English vocabulary all in one place showing you the spelling, translation, pronunciation, image, and class(Note: You will need an internet connection for the initial download)
- Sample Sentences: See and hear practical sample sentences with every word entry
- Free Audio Lessons: Learn more than just words! Access the newest EnglishClass101.com audio lessons when you sign up for a Free Lifetime Account within the app
- Updated Basic Resources: Want to explore the American English language even more? Learn everything you need to know with this comprehensive source of American English learning tips, information and material
- Easy to Use Design: Intuitive Android swipe navigation allows visual learners to browse vocabulary images quickly. Find everything you need without excessive swiping and tapping
- Custom Flashcard Settings: You're in control of your study sessions. Mix up question types (recognition, production, audio and visual) for a full understanding of each word
- Listening Practice: Hear each word's proper pronunciation by a native speaker
- Perfect your Pronunciation: Compare your pronunciation to the native speaker's with the Voice Recorder, easily accessible throughout the app
- Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time
- Advanced Search Function: Search entire database in English
- Progress Bar: Keep track of how many words you have really mastered
- Authentic American English pronunciation
100 words not enough?
Upgrade to WordPower Learn American English Vocabulary full edition to get 2000 more words and phrases!
"World's 1st and best visual photo dictionary with mnemonic words colour linkage"
#1 - Vocab Crown is the best mnemonic dictionary which helps you in memorizing the difficult English words. Download this app and see the "magical power" of your brain. You won't believe how quickly you can remember difficult english words.
-------------Vocab Crown Features-------------
★ Powerful visual along with mnemonic
★ Online/Offline Mnemonic Dictionary
★ Amazing color linkage between meanings & mnemonics
★ No In-app purchase
★ Smooth and quick interface
★ Alphabet wise flash cards for recalling meanings of words
★ Regular updates of apk
★ Share visual mnemonics on Facebook and Twitter
★ App could be stored in memory card/SD card
---->Please watch the new tutorial video to understand the concept
- Best and funny video: http://youtu.be/yMovXw0acPM
- American and British accents : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJFdy755xek&feature=youtu.be
- English: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoLkQSyWs-c
- Hindi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67UAerCl0I0&feature=youtu.be
- Gujarati https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcDL9C6FXa0&feature=youtu.be
►Plzzzzzzzz help us by installing any one app from advertisement (ads shown inside my app)◄
►Kindly visit http://www.baraioverseas.com/location.html for fastest technical support or to connect with me directly◄
"We would love to hear your comments on google play"
THE FANS HAVE SPOKEN:
Play►5 star: Love it! I don't see any other app even competing with yours!
Play►5 star:MAGIC ! thank you for yr hard work. you just save my life and others more
Play►5 star: Ultima Great.. an app that can't be built without team work.. and totally free.. look beyond just dictionary.. this is the most needed task which was left uncompleted by inventors of new words for dictionaries.
Email: This app has all "word power made easy" by norman lewis dictionary words. I will call it word power made easy app as it has extension of how to remember dictionary which was missing in a book. This app also gave me a unique technique to remember everything using innovative mnemonics, This app is my favorite app I have low memory phone samsung duos but I have deleted other apps to download this app. This help me a lot in my
GRE, and will be more useful in life. Thanks a lot Barai Apps
Javed Malek ( Top English Faculty of Endeavor Classes)
play►4 star: Good and helpful app. for students fraternity
Dinesh Rathi (ACE Student)
play►5 star: Excellent App Its wonderful and amazing very nicely organised and a boon for Aspirants of Higher Studies.
Dr CM Kanabar (Doctor & Assistant registrar of Sau. University)
Email: Many Many congratulations for your innovative project
Man Singh ( Dean of "School of Chemical Sciences" Gandhinagar )
play►5 star: Excellent application to build word power. Enjoying learning new words thank you development team
Please download Visual Mnemonics Vocabulary (mini app 2MB ) before utilizing your 70MB, please test mini app in your device and view its concept before downloading full pro app. Both of these apps are absolutely free
->As per Oxford Dictionary 'Mnemonic' is a device, such as a pattern of letters, ideas or associations that assists in remembering something. We can also relate it with memory power.
->In this Vocab Crown app we have short listed important difficult words with visual mnemonic which will be very useful for the students appearing for TOEFL, IELTS, CAT, CMAT, XAT, SAT, GRE, LSAT etc.
->Must have app for students of CMAT, CAT, TOEFL, IELTS, XAT, SAT, GRE, LSAT, e.t.c
->It took about one year for me to develop this visual mnemonic dictionary in such a way that its each difficult world would be stored in a long term memory of your brain.
* Please note this app contains limited educational value.
The best way to improve your English grammar.
This app contains more than 3000 questions.
List of lessons:
- Articles: a/an/the
- Prepositions of Time & Place: in/at/on
- Present Simple
- Present Continuous
- Present Perfect
- Present Perfect Continuous
- Past Simple
- Past Continuous
- Past Perfect
- Past Perfect Continuous
- Future Simple
- Future Continuous
- Future Perfect
- Future Perfect Continuous
- Question Tags
- Question Words
- Either/or and Neither/nor
- Gerunds and Infinitives
- Some or Any
- Much or Many
“A positively addictive app for aspiring wordsmiths.” —Fast Company
“Vocabulary.com reveals the truth about your vocabulary skills and helps you improve.” —AppAdvice
“An addictive word-learning app... an approachable dictionary and quiz machine.” —TIME
IT’S A SCIENCE...
Vocabulary.com is a comprehensive program for lifelong learning of vocabulary, in which each activity is specially chosen for you.
• We use sophisticated algorithms to help you learn more effectively.
• We start with 120,000 questions that teach 12,000 words.
• We use the science of learning to model how you learn (and retain) new words.
• By comparing your answers to the hundreds of millions of answers given by other Vocabulary.com users, we personalize your learning experience and choose the best question for you at just the right time.
...AND IT’S A GAME
We’ve turned learning vocabulary into an addictive game. You may not even notice that you’re learning along the way.
• Accumulate points, achievements and badges.
• Compete with Vocabulary.com users from throughout the world.
Studying for an exam like the SAT, GRE, or TOEFL? We have learnable lists for you, covering everything from standardized tests to breaking news — you name it.
• Choose from one of our 50,000 ready-to-learn lists.
• Or if you see a word in the dictionary that you want to learn, just click "learn this word" and we'll teach it to you.
...OR WE CHOOSE
Don't have a specific word or list in mind? Let our adaptive learning system find the right word for you.
• Just play a few questions, and we'll pinpoint the words that are appropriate for your level.
• We won't waste your time on words that are too easy or too hard.
Like a good coach, Vocabulary.com won’t give up on you. Whether you pick the words or let us find them for you, we’ll work with you until you've mastered them.
And even after you've achieved mastery, we'll continue to reinforce what you have learned to make sure that it all stays fresh in your memory. Next thing you know, you’ll be expanding your vocabulary and improving your communication, a key to success in school and business.
FINALLY, A DICTIONARY WITH A SOUL
Our dictionary was written for humans, by humans. Look up a word, and you’ll read a friendly explanation that you'll actually remember. It’s as if your favorite teacher were explaining it to you.
We include clever usage tips and thousands of real-world example sentences that'll show you how words live in the wild and will make you more confident about using them yourself.
See a word you’d like to know better? Tap "Learn this Word" and easily add it to your learning program.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"Vocabulary.com is among the quickest, and most intelligent ways for students to improve their vocabulary. Regardless of education level or age, Vocabulary.com will help master the words that are essential to academic and business success." —National Education Association
“Educators who are familiar with Vocabulary.com are impressed by the technology. It is a sign, they say, that real progress is finally being made in computer-assisted education.” —The New York Times
“Vocabulary.com could actually make speaking well cool again.” —TIME
“Vocabulary.com boasts a Web-based dashboard bristling with points, levels, progress bars and achievement bonuses, among other attractions.” —USA Today
HONORS AND AWARDS
• TIME’s 50 Best Websites of the Year
• PC Magazine's Top 100 Websites of the Year
• Tech & Learning Award of Excellence
• Webby Awards: Official Honoree in Education
This application will help you prepare for various examinations like GRE and GMAT.
Designers and Developers:-
Natasha Bianca Basaiawmoit - (in.linkedin.com/pub/natasha-bianca/68/124/174/)
Rahul Bhat - (in.linkedin.com/pub/rahul-bhat/37/ba3/51b/)