When you're standing in line, waiting for something, why waste time. You can use WPME to build up your vocabulary even in that short period of time.
We try to keep the process as fast as possible:
You will get random words from a very big offline in-app dictionary. You have to guess the meaning of the word in 1 second otherwise the app will show it to you. So you need to be fast. You can tap anywhere to get the next word.
This application need no special permissions.
* You don't need internet connection to use this application.
* You will get addicted to it.
IELTS Word Power allows you to:
• Learn English and improve your vocabulary.
• Prepare for the IELTS test with all the information for candidates.
• Find the nearest IELTS test centre.
1. This app provides all the Barron's word list in a simple interface but with an effective content for an efficient learning experience.
2. Each word in the list has an extensive collection of Synonyms,Antonyms and Usage.
3. Pronunciation of each word to help with the correct accent and usage.
4. Provision to add words into a favourites list to help you revise the words regularly.
5. Navigation between words made easier using swipe
6. ****** No Ads ******
Enjoy the app
If you like VocabPower, try the full version - VocabPowerPro!
Cracking the verbal section of the SAT, GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, MCAT and other exams made a whole lot easier!!!
Two modes of VocabPower -
1) Flash cards: Learn words, their meanings, parts of speech and pronunciations using flash cards. 1200 words available in alphabetical groups!(VocabPowerPro has around 4300 words).
2) Test yourself: Run a quick self-adaptive test and find out where you stand. Test will move on to different levels of difficulty based on your performance. Detailed score analysis and test walk-through options available.(This test actually gives you word meaning choices in the same part of speech to rule out answering by elimination).
*Test names and other trademarks are the property of the respective trademark holders.None of the trademarks holders are affiliated with this application.
PLEASE NOTE! This Application is compatible with all the reading and news apps that allows you to copy the text. While other power features like exam mode and customized lists works perfect. Also original name of application is Word Snitch and it works offline too.
● No need to open dictionary app to see meanings
● Refer as you read and save time
● Also save sentences while reading
● Power full for learning new English words
● Works offline
● Useful in preparation for GRE, GMAT, SAT, CAT.
● New Exam Mode has rich collection of more than 800+ words
● Add sentences at later time
● You can even edit the dictionary
● Designed on the philosophy of word power made easy and also after finding best practices from popular blogs
● Powerschool could boost their grades with it
Very useful for daily English reading and preparing for GRE, GMAT, SAT, CAT
Much more than just an English Dictionary
Very popular among powerschool students and parents.
Please note: powerschool is not owned by us. It is owned by pearson education, Inc. copyright© 2005 - 2011
Having problems or want to give suggestions! Email us: email@example.com or visit https://www.facebook.com/WordSnitch
For list of supported Applications. Visit: http://wordsnitch.blogspot.in/2015_03_01_archive.html
★★★★★ 1 million downloads in the United States !!
★★★★★ $3.99> Free (1 month's worth of learning English)
★★★★★ I love this app for business conversation!!
★★★★★ Help you to conduct better business in today’s global, fast paced,corporate world.
Our Business Conversation course has been designed for all business people and those curious about learning how to conduct business in English.
Whatever your situation, you’ll learn specific and practical skills and vocabulary that go beyond the realm of simply speaking English.
We’ll instruct you on
- how to - conduct meetings,
- give presentations,
- negotiate successfully,
- network with foreign business associates
- communicate effectively via the telephone.
You’ll also cover all the relevant and modern business language including expressions,slang and idioms.
MES’ Business Conversation course will help you to conduct better business in today’s global, fast paced,corporate world.
Words in GRE are very limited and memorizing a few words helps you a lot.
You don't have to learn all the words, just concentrate on the important ones.
1. Frequently asked exams in competitive exams.
2. Frequently updated.
3. GRE Quantitative tips.
“A positively addictive app for aspiring wordsmiths.” —Fast Company
“Vocabulary.com reveals the truth about your vocabulary skills and helps you improve.” —AppAdvice
“An addictive word-learning app... an approachable dictionary and quiz machine.” —TIME
IT’S A SCIENCE...
Vocabulary.com is a comprehensive program for lifelong learning of vocabulary, in which each activity is specially chosen for you.
• We use sophisticated algorithms to help you learn more effectively.
• We start with 120,000 questions that teach 12,000 words.
• We use the science of learning to model how you learn (and retain) new words.
• By comparing your answers to the hundreds of millions of answers given by other Vocabulary.com users, we personalize your learning experience and choose the best question for you at just the right time.
...AND IT’S A GAME
We’ve turned learning vocabulary into an addictive game. You may not even notice that you’re learning along the way.
• Accumulate points, achievements and badges.
• Compete with Vocabulary.com users from throughout the world.
Studying for an exam like the SAT, GRE, or TOEFL? We have learnable lists for you, covering everything from standardized tests to breaking news — you name it.
• Choose from one of our 50,000 ready-to-learn lists.
• Or if you see a word in the dictionary that you want to learn, just click "learn this word" and we'll teach it to you.
...OR WE CHOOSE
Don't have a specific word or list in mind? Let our adaptive learning system find the right word for you.
• Just play a few questions, and we'll pinpoint the words that are appropriate for your level.
• We won't waste your time on words that are too easy or too hard.
Like a good coach, Vocabulary.com won’t give up on you. Whether you pick the words or let us find them for you, we’ll work with you until you've mastered them.
And even after you've achieved mastery, we'll continue to reinforce what you have learned to make sure that it all stays fresh in your memory. Next thing you know, you’ll be expanding your vocabulary and improving your communication, a key to success in school and business.
FINALLY, A DICTIONARY WITH A SOUL
Our dictionary was written for humans, by humans. Look up a word, and you’ll read a friendly explanation that you'll actually remember. It’s as if your favorite teacher were explaining it to you.
We include clever usage tips and thousands of real-world example sentences that'll show you how words live in the wild and will make you more confident about using them yourself.
See a word you’d like to know better? Tap "Learn this Word" and easily add it to your learning program.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"Vocabulary.com is among the quickest, and most intelligent ways for students to improve their vocabulary. Regardless of education level or age, Vocabulary.com will help master the words that are essential to academic and business success." —National Education Association
“Educators who are familiar with Vocabulary.com are impressed by the technology. It is a sign, they say, that real progress is finally being made in computer-assisted education.” —The New York Times
“Vocabulary.com could actually make speaking well cool again.” —TIME
“Vocabulary.com boasts a Web-based dashboard bristling with points, levels, progress bars and achievement bonuses, among other attractions.” —USA Today
HONORS AND AWARDS
• TIME’s 50 Best Websites of the Year
• PC Magazine's Top 100 Websites of the Year
• Tech & Learning Award of Excellence
• Webby Awards: Official Honoree in Education
What is your English level? Check now - it's fast!
*Find out your vocabulary and grammar level: Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced.
*Get results quickly
* Full test: find out your overall English level.
* Full report: Get a detailed level description. Learn your predicted TOEIC, TOEFL and IELTS scores, as well as your U.S. grade school reading level.
*Check your reading, writing, grammar or vocabulary levels separately.
By downloading this app you accept the terms of our End User License Agreement (EULA) found at http://eltsoft.com/eula/ and our privacy statement found at http://eltsoft.com/privacy/
Who is this app for?
*English learners - Get a rough idea of your English level without spending a lot of money on expensive exams.
*English teachers and school administrators - Quickly and easily check your students' English levels.
*Business managers - assess your employees' English level.
Special low price. Buy now!
1. How does the test work?
This is a diagnostic test. The test starts with a beginner question. Every time the test taker gets an answer correct, they proceed to a higher level. However, if the test taker gets a question wrong, they drop one level. This process continues until an assessment of the test takers ability level is made.
2. How accurate are the tests?
Our app is designed to give you a quick and approximate idea of your level. All questions have been written by expert teachers. The reading passages were analyzed using special software that tests for word difficulty and sentence length.
3. What about listening and speaking?
We are currently working on a listening test. For speaking, due to the current limits of technology, it's best to seek out a certified oral proficiency tester. For example, take an IELTS test or the Standard Speaking Test (SST).
4. How can I improve my test scores?
The best way is to immerse yourself in the language. Read and listen to interesting topics at your level, and try to find another student or native speaker to practice with. If you're studying for a specific exam, then it's important to take practice tests and learn test-taking strategies. Also, use your time efficiently. Practice with your mobile device when you're waiting in lines or commuting by public transportation. Our apps are perfect for this. Check out: English Grammar Quiz Game, Practical English and Pronunciation Checker.
This is EFL/ESL Language Learning Software.
Authors: Jason Byrne & Robert Diem
With synonym you will have access to the most popular Internet dictionaries: http://www.beautifulsynonyms.com, http://www.sinónimo.es, http://www.sinônimo.com
Our dictionaries are amongst the most comprehensive, including from 50,000 to 150,000 terms depending on the language, and more than 100,000 meanings per language.
We offer access to all this information completely free.
Download it now! Synonym is the best dictionary you can install in your mobile phone.
An antonym is one of a pair of words with opposite meanings. Each word in the pair is the antithesis of the other. A word may have more than one antonym. Some examples of anytonyms are: male : female, long : short, and precede : follow.
There are sometimes cases when we know the word but fail to find the synonym or antonym of the word. This app thus helps you to know synonyms and antonyms of most of the English words and use them effectively.
This application is brought to you totally free with the help of search monetization. I have opted to use this to be able to keep creating more free apps for you. Please note that with this app you will receive a few search points on your device, all are easily deleted or replaced. Thank you for your understanding.
- Negative marking system,
- Interactive self learning method,
- 20-20 Quiz (Our new system) based App
While doing tests you must choose the best synonym word for a given sentence. We recommend that you use a thesaurus to learn word definitions. A thesaurus allows you to become familiar with the family of synonyms associated with a given word. In terms of test taking, this can prove more valuable than knowing the precise definition of individual words.
Thanks for using our app.