- A new star is born in our galaxy every 18 days
- There are more stars than all of the grains of sand on earth
- Saturn is the only planet in the solar system less dense than water
- The Virgo Cluster is 50 million light years away and is made up of 1000 galaxies
- Every year, the Moon is moving away from Earth by 3.8 centimeters
With "Amazing Universe Facts" learn every day new fascinating, strange, funny and interesting facts and trivia about the universe.
* Hundreds of amazing facts about space and astronomy
* Receive daily facts in the notification bar
* Very fast and simple to use
* Works offline, even in "airplane mode". Access all facts anytime, anywhere, no internet connection needed.
* Search any term and find all facts about it
* Bookmark your favorite facts for quick future reference
* Read random facts
* Share your favorite facts by Email, Twitter, etc.
* Listen to the facts using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer
* Works in both portrait and landscape mode for easier reading
Q: How can I share a fact from the list?
A: Just press for 2 or 3 seconds over the fact, a menu with the available sharing options will appear
Q: How can I change the speech speed?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Android Market.
Q: How can I change the speech accent?
A: Just go to Menu --> Settings and select the language. Currently, 2 accents are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
About the permissions:
We know you may be worried about the permissions required by the application so here is the explanation of why they are needed:
To load the ads used to support the development of the application, these permissions are required:
- Full Internet access
- View network state
About the speech synthesizer:
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.
Scientists are finding new planets and views into the deepest reaches of space, breaking new ground in understanding the universe and its mysteries. The facts that we are familiar with universe is the the Sun, Moon, and the nine planets that comprises the galaxy Milky wave.
The geophysical matter and their properties such as temperature, density and pressure, and how it's distributed in the space as well in the planets is explored by the department of cosmology by different countries.
The sensor control will also enable you to identify what you see in the sky in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at it!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on Android featuring:
* a very intuitive touch-screen interface
* the integration of GPS positioning
* the control of the direction of view using the device accelerometers
* a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
* a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
* asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
* realistic Milky Way
* realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
* 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
* night mode (red)
Stellarium mobile is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium software.
Using IR Spec Check is easy! Just enter a wavenumber (cm⁻¹) and hit 'Search'. The icon for each result shows what bond is responsible for the absorbance. The text displays what type of R-group is absorbing at the frequency. Click on the row to load the page in Wikipedia.
This app does not collect any information about the user, and the only permission that is required is internet connectivity to load the Wikipedia pages of molecules.
Created by Marzloff Media and adapted for Android by Logan Munro
Check out IR Spec Check on the Apple App store as well!
- A reminder system to automatically notify you when the next shower is coming up!!
- Expandable notifications on 4.1+ devices
- Share this app with a friend on both Android and iOS
- Widget for your home screen to show the number of days until the next shower, your location's sunrise/sunset times, and the current phase of the Moon! (widgets use very little battery and don't connect to the internet)
- LockScreen widget on 4.2+ devices
- Share details about an individual meteor shower
- Choose to sort the list of meteor showers by peak, start, or ending dates
- Swipe left/right to see next/previous meteor showers when viewing the details page
- The upcoming sunrise or sunset time is shown at the top
- Enable the "Auto theme" feature and the theme will automatically change to day and night mode before and after sunrise/sunset!
- 4 color themes to choose from: Light, Dark, Daylight, and Night
- Conduct a Google Search within the app to read even more about each meteor shower such as its origins and many, many other details and share it with your friends via SMS, Email, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, or any other social network!
- View a Sky Map search to point you approximately where in the sky to look for the meteor shower when it peaks. Compatible with SkEye and beta support for Google Sky Map
- See current Weather Forecast to get ready for the the upcoming conditions
- Shows the Phase of the Moon on the approximate meteor shower peak date!
Go out and enjoy looking at the sky!
Ad supported. To remove ads and support development, please purchase the Meteor Shower Calendar Key
- Internet needed to show ads
- Coarse location needed to calculate sunrise/sunset time
- Automatically start at boot needed for the notification system
O aplicativo é extremamente simples. Tem dois themes que você pode usar (um claro e um escuro), tem uma parte falando sobre nós e as últimas notícias de nosso blog. Simples e direto.
You want to know if the next lunar eclipse is visible from your location or when the next bright comet is visible? You would like to be notified by your smart phone the next time, Jupiter and the Moon meet in the sky? You want to know what the blazing bright object in the evening sky is? You want to be always up-to-date which celestial events are visible from your location? Then this app is a must-have for you!
The app does not only include a live, zoomable sky map telling you what sky object you are looking at but provides you with loads of detailed extra information on stars, planets, deep sky objects, meteor showers, comets, asteroids, lunar and solar eclipses as well as detailed ephemeris of all included sky objects and an interactive top-down view of the Solar System. All that in just one app!
- Zoomable sky map showing stars, planets, asteroids, and more (above and below the horizon)
- Interactive top-down view of the Solar System
- Live mode (point device on sky and get information on what you see)
- Calendar showing detailed descriptions of celestial events
- Push celestial events to your phone's calendar and set a reminder alarm
- Rise, set, and transit times for any object
- Position of any object in the sky (altitude and direction)
- Twilight times, length of day
- Bright Star Catalog (~9000 stars) with detailed information
- More than 400 000 additional stars from the PPM Star Catalog (Android 3.1 or higher required)
- 2500 selected NGC objects (galaxies, clusters, ...)
- Messier Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Caldwell Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Hidden Treasures Catalog (109 objects) complete with images
- Meteor streams (begin, maximum, hourly rate, ...)
- Lunar and solar eclipses information
- Lunar librations, ascending node, maximum declination
- Bright comets (automatically selected according to the date)
- Dwarf planets: The five known dwarf planets
- Minor planets: bright, near Earth, trans-Neptune (more than 10000 in the database)
- Update database online: download up-to-date orbital elements of comets and minor planets
- Moon phases, the apparent view of the sun and planets
- Current image of the Sun and sunspot number
- Automatically generated visibility report for any object
- Simulation of light pollution
- Intuitive User Interface: quickly find what you are looking for
- Widget with rise & set times of the Sun and Moon
- Maintain your favorite locations in a list
- Automatic location determination from the mobile network or GPS
- Select a location from a built-in database or online via Google Maps
- 400 observatory locations
- Choose any time and date
- Detailed ephemeris, visibility information of all objects
- Dates of conjunctions between any object with planets or the Moon
- 3D-view of the Moon and the planets
- Accurate calculations for dates between 1900 and 2100
keywords: astronomy stars, telescope, planets, messier, live, augmented reality, sky view, minor planets, asteroids, dwarf planets, mercury, venus, earth, moon, mars, jupiter, saturn, uranus, neptune, ceres, vesta, juno, eros, transit, eclipse lunar, solar, sunspots, golden hour, blue hour, photography, great red spot, galaxies, cluster, nebulae, orion, meteor showers, milky way, perseids, shooting stars, ISON
Great selection of videos are added regularly
Channels such as:
- National Geographic
- Carl Sagan's Cosmos
- Discovery Channel
- Stephen Hawking
- Carl Sagan
- Hiroshima Nuclear Aftermath
- Chernobyl Nuclear Incident
- Animal Life
- Space Exploration
- Journey to the Earth's Core
- Hubble Space Telescope
- Aliens and UFOs
New video are being added automatically.
You can now have a virtual planetarium in your pocket! Look through the eyes of your Android device* to see a virtual window into the whole visible universe.
All you have to do is point your Android device* at the sky and Star Chart will tell you exactly what you are looking at.
Using state of the art GPS technology, an accurate 3D universe, and all of the latest high tech functionality, Star Chart calculates – in real time - the current location of every star and planet visible from Earth and shows you precisely where they are; even in broad daylight!
Want to know what that bright star is called? Point your device at it – you might just find out it’s a planet!
Want to know what the night sky looks like to people on the other side of the earth? Well just point your device down!
Want to know where your star sign is in the sky? Star Chart will tell you all this and more.
Star Charts features include:
- Just point and view. No need to scroll around the screen to find out what you are looking at*.
- Alternatively, look around the sky using finger gestures – perfect for armchair astronomers!
- Voice Control: Explore the solar system with commands like: "Fly me to the Moon" / "Go to Saturn" / "Tour Mars" / "Look at Andromeda" / "Where is the Cigar Galaxy?"[English only]
- Supports dynamic device orientation viewing. Allows you to view the night sky whilst holding your Android device at any angle.
- Accurately depicts all the visible stars of the northern and southern hemispheres - a total of over 120,000 stars!
- Fly to and explore all the planets of the solar system, their moons and the sun all rendered in beautiful 3D with state of the art visual effects.
- Displays all 88 constellations, with constellation imagery based on the beautiful artwork by 17th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius.
- Includes entire Messier catalogue of exotic deep sky objects.
- Using the powerful Time Shift feature allows you to shift up to 10,000 years forward or backward in time.
- Tap on anything in the sky and get the facts on what you are looking at, including distance and brightness.
- Very powerful zoom function, lets you view the sky in extra detail, using intuitive finger gestures.
- Fully configurable. Star Chart displays only the sky objects that you are interested in.
- Allows you to view the sky underneath the horizon. So now you can see where the sun is, even at night!
- Manually set your location to find out what the sky looks like from anywhere in the world.
- Full search feature
- Installable on an SD card
So point your Android device at the sky and see what's out there!
Escapist Games will update Star Chart regularly, so please send us your feedback and features requests to firstname.lastname@example.org … thanks!
*Augmented Reality mode only available if your device supports it, as this feature requires a built-in compass. Manual scrolling is supported on all other devices.
Follow Star Chart on Twitter: StarChartApp - twitter.com/StarChartApp
Star Chart does not require internet access for normal usage. Internet access is only required initially to verify the license and subsequently when accessing the support page and external links.
A unique game in the genre, Universe Pandemic combines the classic arcade flash game Pandemic (2001) and adds a spin; multiple planets!
Use your puzzle breaking skills to upgrade your pathogen on the go, try to kill off the entire universe! (Including Earth). Each planet has it's own unique challenge!
- 10 Unique planets, all with their own challenges.
- 52 Unique traits
- 21 Pathogen Modifications
- 21 Unique abilities
- Call in Air strikes, Death beams and planet bombs.
- Each area has it's own statistics.
- Speed-up and slow down buttons included.
- Score system to unlock more planets and impress your friends
- Game automatically saves so you can return later.
- Mutate your virus to radically change the game play type.
- Works fast on any device.
More planets, artificial planets, moving areas, increased tiers, more abilities, more customization & much much more!
Ever wondered what objects are up in the sky? Now you can get familiar with Astronomy by identifying stars, planets, and constellations. Also look up deep sky objects from the Messier and NGC catalogs.
If you have a telescope, just strap the phone onto the OTA and you get a PUSHTO guide!
Astronomy, Sky Map, Digital Setting Circles, Star chart, Space
• Time machine : Jump to any date in past or future
• Real time Alt-Azimuth and Equatorial coordinates
• Messier objects
• mini-NGC catalog (subset of ~180 bright objects)
• Solar system objects including all 8 planets and the 4 Galilean moons
• Night Mode
• Search, with a guiding arrow
• Alt-Azimuth, Equatorial grid
Send an email to email@example.com.
• For better accuracy, calibrate the magnetic sensors by waving the phone in a figure-8 motion of your hands.
• For advanced use read: http://lavadip.com/skeye/documentation.html
‣ Upcoming features:
• More deep sky objects, Satellites and Asteroids
• Support for DSC with encoders
* Over 70 of the brightest stars in the night sky
* Pronunciation guides (it's not obvious how to pronounce many star names)
* Origin of the name (the meaning of a star's name is often insightful)
* Brightness and distance from Earth
* Interesting astronomical facts
* Includes all stars displayed in Google Sky Map
* Integration with the SkEye planetarium app for locating stars (Unfortunately Google Sky Map does not support this feature)
* Algol Eclipse schedule (find out when to watch the Demon Star fade and re-brighten)
* astronomy, star chart, star map, sky map, star guide, algol minima calculator
* Launcher Icon made by OCHA from Flaticon.com
It is your own virtual planetarium. Ideal for amateur Astronomy.
It has all the Surya and Chandra along with the planets Budh, Shukra, Mangal, Brihaspati, Shani and also Rahu and Ketu.
Watch Dhurva tara, Saptarishi, Mesh, Dhanu, Vrishabha, Kark, Ashadha, Jyeshta, Kritika among all the other objects.
Star, planets and constellations names are augmented with Western names where Indian names are not there. e.g, Neptune.
These names would be updated in the future as and when discovered.
Built as a derivative of Sky Map, it has all its features.
From the makers of Hindu Calendar.
Get started quickly
• Launch the app and point your device at the night sky, you'll see the stars, planets, satellites, and constellations in their proper place for your location. As you move your device, the star map updates in real time. The Moon is the easiest first target.
• Tap Augmented Reality icon in the upper right corner to add the image from your camera to your sky view.
• Use Night Mode to go easy on your eyes and preserve night vision when exploring the Universe.
Go deeper and beyond
• Every star, planet, constellation, or deep space object, such as nebulae and galaxies, has an (i) next to its name. Tap it to access information.
• A scale on right is the Time Machine, slide it to explore the map of the night sky of tomorrow or years ago.
• StarWalk has data on over 9000 man-made satellites. Track their flight across the sky, be it day or night, catch iridium flares.
• Meteor showers are spectacular yearly events. Star Walk can help you plan ahead and locate the meteor shower on the night sky.
Share your experience
• Post pictures from your virtual planetarium and let your friends learn about the night sky. Astronomy has never been so engaging!
Duran Duran's keyboard Nick Rhodes mentions Star Walk as his favorite app:
"With the Star Walk app, if you hold your device up towards the sky, you can see all the stars and constellations. It even tells you the names of all the planets. Then, if you point it towards the ground, it shows you what all the stars are in the other hemisphere. It’s brilliant, and if you’re ever somewhere with a clear sky and no light pollution, it’s a revelation. It’s beautifully designed and makes clever use of the available technology. I’m fascinated by astronomy, but even if you’re not, give this a go."
- The Star Spotter feature won't work for the devices that are not equipped with the gyroscope and compass.
- For Android 4.4 KitKat users: the application doesn't support ART, please switch to Dalvik.
-Swipe the screen and a list of the marked features will be revealed.
-Tap on images to zoom in
- English and latin nomenclature
All updates will be made freely available for current and future users.
- This is entirely for statistical and developemental purposes e.g. in which countries the app is downloaded the most.
Network communication, full internet access:
-This is entirely for application updates.
Storage, modify/delete USB storage contents:
-This is entirely for application updates.
Read phone state and identity:
-This is to prevent the application to interfere with incoming calls.
Prevent phone from sleeping:
-This is to prevent the phone from sleeping when using the application.
View network status:
-This tells the application if you are in the vicinity of WiFi.
-This will have no effect whatsoever since the application does not have access to developer tools unless you actively allows it. Even then it will not have any effect.
-This is entirely for short cuts and automatic start at reboot.
To avoid downloading spyware or malware with your apps we highly recommend the following applications:
Pdroid Privacy Protection
LBE Privacy guard
Key words: Human, anatomy, x-rays, bones, bone structures, chest, abdomen, radiology, radiography, anatomi, røntgen, radiografi
Combining simplicity and beauty with unrivalled features and power, let Vortex provide you with a stunning view of the night sky.
Augmented Reality (with camera support)
Hold your device to the sky and see an accurate representation of the stars and planets. If your device has a rear facing camera, experience true augmented reality with our sky map overlayed onto the real world! A unique experience not found in any other Android planetarium.
View the sky from any location - Use GPS, Network Provider or our powerful search feature to show you the night sky at your current location, or even the other side of the world.
Using our inovative time slider, you can see how the skies looked at any point in time, with fine control over the abilty to rewind, or fast-forward time. Select an object and watch it's motion as it rises and falls.
Huge object database
With over 20,000 objects to discover, you wont run out of things to search for! Included are
* All major and minor planets in our Solar System including all major moons.
* 88 constellations
* 110 Messier objects
* 109 Caldwell objects
* Full Revised NGC-IC catalog (Over 14,000 objects)
* More than 9000 stars
* Meteor showers
Combined with our powerful search, you will never be far away from any one of these objects!
Facts and figures
To compliment the staggering number of objects available, we have made available concise facts and information about the majority of them, with detailed ephemeris and figures for all. You will learn something new with each and every object in the sky!
Discover, at the touch of a button, upcoming celestial events such as eclipses, conjunctions, moon phases, season changes and much more. With the ability to add these events to your device calendar you'll never miss these sometimes once in a lifetime events again!
With just one button press, see what objects of interest are in the night sky right now!
Unique to Vortex Planetarium, we provide a 3 day forecast for anywhere in the world, focusing on astronomical data, like transparency and seeing. With the ability to mark those clear nights in your devices calendar, you will have no excuse to get outside and marvel at the beauty the Universe beholds.
With a bewildering number of configuration options, packaged in a simple to understand design, you can tailor Vortex to your exact needs. Maybe the constellation art is too bright, no problem, adjust it's transparency, need to adjust the number of stars you see to match the real night sky? No problem! We have pretty much every option covered, and if we don't, let us know why we should!
Beauty, speed & simplicity
Our aim is to make sure Vortex Planetarium is easy to use, extremely powerful and look stunning.
Vortex Planetarium has been optimised to run as fast and as smoothly as possible, no jerky movements when you zoom in on Jupiter. We have not ported Vortex from iPhone, it's purely an Android product. This means we can focus on optimising for the platform exclusively. This philosophy guarantees fast and regular updates.
And much more to come
We are always improving Vortex, and you will never have to "upgrade" or make additional purchases for these features and improvements.
Keywords: Astronomy, Planetarium, Sky Map, Star Map, Sky Chart, Star Chart, Stars, Planets, Star Walk