The United Power Grandstand Arena hosts rodeos, motorsports and cultural entertainment. In addition, the fair keeps things lively with entertainment stages, on-grounds entertainment, rides and amusements on the Midway.
The fair brings communities together, crossing cultural demographic and ethnic lines to provide affordable family entertainment, education and enrichment.
In this app you'll find:
- One-touch calling, GPS-based directions & built-in sharing features
- A full events list, featuring event pictures, directions, descriptions, sharing, commenting & the ability to add directly to your phone's calendar
- PDF maps of the grounds, exhibitors & vendors
- Send Pictures functionality, where you can take shots of you and your family at the fair and send them in to staff to get posted and win prizes
- Photo Gallery, displaying popular images from the fair, along with your additions
- E-mail Alert Sign-ups, where you can add your contact information directly from your phone
- Food & Shopping Guide, featuring all of the vendors and their locations
- Sponsors, FAQs, weather, social media & lots more
* Find taprooms and breweries by name, location or search terms such as "organic," "Belgian," "laid-back" or "live music."
* Discover which craft beers are similar to big-name beers you normally drink.
* Get tips on what to drink at Twin Cities taprooms from Pioneer Press food/drink reporter Jess Fleming.
* Create an account so you can mark favorite places and join discussions about the craft brew scene.
• GPS of all booth locations, including food vendors
• Daily schedule of all Fair events, searchable by time and venue
• Links to quickly and easily buy tickets for admission, concerts and events
• In-depth info on concert entertainers, including bios and performance samples
• Fairground map, directions, parking info and current weather
• Details on discounts, entertainment, exhibits, contests and more
• Browse and purchase 2013 Fair souvenirs
• Access the Fair on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
The Alaska State Fair, which has been entertaining and educating Alaskans and visitors alike since 1936, is held annually at the fairgrounds in Palmer. The 2014 Fair takes place August 21 – September 1.
While visiting, use your app to share with your friends via social media and find your favorite vendor. You will also be able to schedule your day to see concerts on the Free Stage or Grandstand. You will also be able to share your status or take a photo from the fair and post to your Facebook or Twitter.
In the past, Fair week concerts included acts such as Sugarland, Lady Antebellum, Jeff Dunham, Three Days Grace, Alan Jackson and many more.
We also have motor sports at the grandstand which include Tractor Pulls, Figure 8 Racing with Rollover, and a championship Demo Derby. There is also an antique tractor parade.
The fair is the largest agricultural fair in PA and is home to the country’s oldest Dog Show.
With well over a thousand vendors, there are plenty of food stands to please your palate and many crafts and other items for sale.
Our exhibit buildings include displays of Industrial, Education, Arts & Crafts, Agriculture and Horticulture displays.
Our barns are full of cows, sheep, goats, pigs, rabbits, chickens, ducks, and horses. There are horse races several days during the fair as well as a horse pulling event.
There is also a Farm Museum and Historic Area which includes the original farm house that was on the site in 1855. A one room school house is also on display.
The fair also has parking for over 22,000 vehicles.
We have been creating memories since 1855.
The 2014 fair begins September 20th.