Hyper efficient web dictionaries and search engine parallel search gadget. (Ankidroid Flashcard Support)
Online dictionaries are much more powerful than conventional paper dictionaries or even portable digital dictionaries which has multiple dictionaries inside. But no single online dictionary is perfect and you have to visit several dictionary sites to find the meaning of words or use cases. And ordinary browsers are not designed to record words you are specially interested to create your own word books.
Parallel Dictionary can solve all these problems. With a single input of the word you want to search, you can run up to five dedicated browsers at a time. You can switch among the dictionaries by simply touching buttons. If you find the best answer and if you want to record it, you can do it very easily and can create your own word books. Not only this, you can have several sets of dictionaries. It means that you can have five English-English dictionaries in a set, and three French-English in another and two Japanese-English in another and so on. You can switch among these dictionary-sets but one push on a button.
And best of all, you can customize this very handy application by yourself. You can edit predefined dictionary sets. You can even add new dictionary sites by yourself. A simple tool helps you to acquire necessary information from the site. Dictionary set button color and dictionary icons are customizable. You can add new icons, if you really want to do so.
1. Parallel search of a word with up to five internal browsers.
2. Search history for each dictionary set or for all.
3. Word book for each dictionary set or for all.
4. Editable history.
5. Editable word book.
6. Starting an external browser of choice from an internal browser.
7. Customizable dictionaries. (title, urls, icon)
8. Customizable dictionary sets. (title, dictionaries, show/hide, button color)
9. Creating new dictionaries and new dictionary sets.
10. A tool which makes creating new dictionaries easier.
11. Accept new icons for dictionaries.
12. Encoding supported: UTF-8, EUC-JP, Big5, EUC-KR, GBK
13. Ankidroid support. You can create cards without touching a keyboard.
A request from the developer
Please tell me which dictionary sites we should support in the predefined list. The developer can understand Japanese and English, but no other languages. So we are especially interested to hear about other languages.
Submit questions or suggestions to:
#Search Tag: Web Online Dictionary Engine Parallel Concurrent Language Education Tool wordbook history Wikipedia thefreedictionary.com dictionary.com webster word.com Ankidroid