* Real Estate Buyers - for finding the sun exposure of properties you are considering
* Gardeners - for finding optimal planting locations for current and seasonal solar exposure
* Photographers - for planning optimal light conditions
* Architects - for getting a feel for the spatial variability of the solar angle throughout the year
* Campers - to find shadowed areas, even when sun is hidden by clouds or walls
* Uses GPS and magnetometer to find the correct solar position and path for your current location
* Flat compass view showing current solar position, diurnal solar angle and elevation (separated into day & night segments), shadow length ratio, atmospheric path thickness
* 3D augmented reality camera overlay view showing the sun's current position, its path with hour points marked
* Camera view also has an optional pointer to guide you towards the current location of the sun
* Map view showing solar direction arrows for each hour of the day.
* Ability to choose any date and view solar path for that day
* Ability to choose any location on earth
* Additional details including rise, set and culmination times, maximum elevation
* User option to include summer and winter solstice paths on both flat compass view and camera view
* The compass accuracy depends on having an undistorted magnetic field around your device. If you use it close to metallic objects or electrical equipment, directional accuracy may be impaired.
* The compass accuracy is also reduced when the device is aligned with the local magnetic field vector, so there may be portions of the 3-D view where results are less reliable.
Use the interactive controls to:
- Predict and plan for the golden hour, blue hour and every sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset
- Find the time of year and angle to shoot a location at sunrise or sunset, or compositions involving the Moon
- View augmented reality projections of the sun and moon paths, pinpoint the time the sun or moon will be at a particular location in the sky
- Visualize the sun and moon throughout the day or over a year for any location on the earth
- Observe the Summer and Winter Solstice paths & Equinox paths for any location
- Sun & Moon bearing and altitude, Sunrise & Sunset, Shadow Ratio, Moon Rise & Set, Moon Phase & Illumination %, Twilight Times (Civil, Nautical, Astronomical), Summer and Winter Solstice Paths, Equinox Paths, Golden Hour and Blue Hour Times, Solar Noon, upcoming moon phase dates and a Super Moon finder!
- 3D Compass - A 3D projection of Sun and Moon positions and events overlaid onto a compass representing the device's bearing and orientation in the world
- Augmented Reality - View through the device's camera, visualize where the sun and moon will be in the sky, or when they will move behind a building
- Map View - A top-down view of Sun and Moon event positions overlaid onto an interactive map . Lock down your shooting point and align your shot with Sun & Moon events! Uses the new Google Maps API featuring Terrain maps and rotation and tilting of the map view. Also features elevation lookups and the ability to determine difference in vertical angles between two locations.
- Widgets - 9 varieties of sun and moon widgets for your homescreen and lockscreen
- Import and Export of Locations - (new!) import Google Earth .kmz/.kml placemarks, and export to share with others or for backup purposes
- Time Machine Slider - Visualize events for a single day, or watch the days get longer and shorter and the Moon's path get further and closer throughout a year
- Offline Usage (excludes Map View)
- Enter Coordinates, Save & Load Locations with no data connection or GPS available
- Send screenshots and details
- Sun shadow ratio and projection, visualize the shadows cast from the Sun
- Moon distance, age, apogee, perigee, super moon predictions
- Local, Auto-Detect and Manual TimeZone selection
- Compensation for Magnetic Declination
- Elevation data for locations
- Languages: English, Deutsch, Français, 日本語, Italiano, Español, русский, Norsk (Bokmål), Dansk, Nederlands, 中文 (繁體), 中文 (简体), 한국의, čeština, Türkçe, Português (Brasil), Polski
** NOTE: the 3D Compass and Augmented Reality portions of this app make use of your device's compass. Some devices (HTC One V, HTC Desire C, etc) do not have a compass. The Maps and Details portion will remain unaffected. I do not ban any devices from installing this app, as some people have more than one device, such as tablets without cameras, or compasses, and I will gladly refund users if the app is not working for them.
Your pictures are displayed vertically, the latest at the top. Click on the photos that you'd like to share, and they will be displayed on the bar at the bottom of the screen. You can click on them to remove them from the bar if they had been added by mistake. Once all the required photos are selected, hit the 'Compose' button, and choose the way you would like to share them - Gmail, Facebook, Flickr, etc. (depending on what is installed on your phone). The photos will be resized according to the setting of your choice and sent to your recipient.
* resize and send multiple photos at once.
* aspect ratio will be preserved.
* send to multiple people at once.
* click on the photo to see a larger version.
* the original photos are left untouched.
* resized versions are not saved - no unneeded stuff left on your phone!
More from developer
Take better photos by simply knowing when the sun sets and rises. This is a great tool for photographers and hikers! The sunset and sunrise times are extremely useful if you want to take good looking photos. To get good landscape photos you should be at the shooting location near sunset or sunrise, usually the best photos can be taken just after sunrise or just before sunset, but sometimes the light and sky can look good for as long as one hour after sunset while the sky gradually turns blue. The reason photos often look bad in the midday sun is that the light has very sharp shadow edges and the light intensity is too high. Take better photos with the help of this app!
NOTE: Lite version, for full functionality get the paid version.
Permissions needed: Coarse Location, used to calculate the sunset and sunrise times based on your location.
Since this is an early version I would appreciate if you could send me any feedback on the application to: email@example.com. Please mail me if you have problems with the app, rather than just give a bad rating. Thank you.
Does not drain battery. No special permissions needed.
Please mail me to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have problems with the app, rather than just give a bad rating. Thank you.
To Install: Menu > Wallpaper > Live wallpapers