SKILL-UP is a fun, easy-to-use android mobile application that has been conceptualized by Superheros Incorporated. At Superheros, we train the youth in life skills by conducting workshops at various colleges, schools, corporates and vocational training institutes. We focus on three broad categories of skills- personal development, social leadership and global citizenship education
This application has 15 levels of increasing difficulty and it is in turn divided into three stages having 5 levels each. The first five levels are called the Garage Level, the next five are called the Small Scale industry level and the final five levels are called the Silicon Valley Level.
The application focuses on building 6 essential life skills for living in the 21st century economy:
1. FLEXIBILITY AND ADAPTABILITY. This skill describes your ability to adapt to different work roles and responsibilities. It also measures your ability to work competently when a plan changes and to deal positively with praise, setbacks and criticism.
2. INITIATIVE AND SELF DIRECTION. This measures your time management skills along with your ability to set short- term and long-term goals. It also scores your ability to work independently, reflect critically on your behaviour and look at learning as a life-long process.
3. SOCIAL AND CROSS- CULTURAL SKILLS. This skill describes whether you know when it is appropriate to listen and when to speak. It looks at whether you treat others respectfully and express yourself with an open mind. This skill measures your ability to accept cultural differences and work with others effectively.
4. PRODUCTIVITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY. This measures your planning skills, ability to prioritize work, perform under pressure and achieve results. It also describes your ability to work with others, multi task and be a dependable team member.
5. LEADERSHIP AND RESPONSIBILITY. This describes your ability to influence and guide others towards a goal. This skill also measures whether you act responsibly with the interests of the larger community in mind and whether you inspire others to do the same. Basically, are you a role model for others? Are you able to lead teams?
6. GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP. Do you follow traffic rules and behave respectfully? Do you pity people or do you empathize with them and offer help? This skill measures your deep knowledge of global issues and universal values such as justice, equality, dignity and respect for all living beings. It also describes your ability to see yourself as part of a collective identity.
To know more about this initiative, visit us at www.superherosincorporated.org or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org