Learning Genie for Childcare is a daily report & portfolio app for preschool teachers, child care centers, family care providers, and nannies.
Key features of the Learning Genie Childcare app:
1. Allows users to share daily routines, photos, reminders, notes and more with parents in real time on the Learning Genie Parent App. Also provides an automatic e-mail daily report summary.
2. Helps encourage parents to reinforce learning at home through sharing songs, videos, books. Parents can play full-length songs and videos, and even read entire e-books right on their Parent App.
3. Uses preset portfolio tags to help preschool teachers and childcare providers track and organize children’s developmental observations and assessment evidence. There is a set of built-in Early Learning Standards can be used. You can always contact firstname.lastname@example.org to customize and upload your custom set of tags. The portfolio tool also provides a quick summary of what has been observed and unobserved in a specific period of duration to help teachers stay on track.
4. Features an offline mode, which allows full, uninterrupted use of the app in areas with weak Wi-Fi. This is especially useful during outdoor play or field trips.
5. Provides desktop/laptop access through the Learning Genie web portal so school admins and teachers can manage classrooms with ease and download portfolio reports in PDF form.
The Learning Genie Program provides free sign up and 3-month trial, and is always free for family caregivers and nannies.