First of all: I am not affiliated with the device maker in any way.
This app was written to allow me control of my own One Top in the face of missing Android control app (promised for more than 6 months and still not delivered).
Currently supported features:
- Manual mode - you can set a power level of your One Top.
- Temperature maintaining mode - you can set desired surface or probe temperature and One Top would maintain the temperature for you.
- SousVide - all four phases fully supported (with probe only!):
* Water heating to desired temperature
* Ask for food to be added
* Maintain temperature for desired time
* Once cooking time is up, sound alarm and keep maintaining temperature for another
30 minutes or until One Top is turned off
- General timer:
* just set a timer to a desired value by pressing on the 00:00 timer display.
* Press the timer display in countdown mode to pause, press again to unpause
* While the timer is paused, longpress would clear the timer if you need to set
No plans to support:
- Recipes integration
Do note that when you set a desired temperature you need to press the power button on the One Top for it to start its job (you'll get a dialog prompt, no way to turn on the One Top without a manual button press after a mode change unfortunately). You'll know it's working because the power LEDs would play a repeating pattern.
The app will show you current temperatures and the power output levels as they are being applied.
Keep in mind that you really need to insert the temperature probe as deeply as you can for the most accurate readings. Insert it too little and results would read too low! The manual asks to insert the probe for 1.5 inches at the very least.
The "Surface Temperature" reading does not really have big connection to contents temperature in my testing so don't put too much trust into it.
This is a work in progress that's functional enough for a release, but if you have feature requests, do let me know.
Also I am not a big UI whiz, so the looks are not going to win any awards.
Permission notice: Location permissions are required to use BlueTooth LE - this is an Android thing, your location is not sent anywhere.