- Installs to your device's SD card
- Get free, up-to-date seafood recommendations
- Search for seafood quickly and easily by common market name
- Search for sushi by Japanese name as well as common market name
- Add restaurants and stores where you've found ocean-friendly seafood and locate businesses where others have found sustainable seafood
- Access in-depth conservation notes and reports
Using a 3-color classification, you can quickly decide whether the fish you're about to order is sustainable, or whether it's better for the oceans to make another choice.
Green - Tuck in with a clear conscience.
Orange - Think twice because of associated environmental impacts.
Red - Avoid altogether.
We help you make ocean-friendly seafood choices. For the love of our oceans.
As a bonus, you can watch the "Planet Ocean" movie by Yann Arthus-Bertrand and Michael Pitiot, as well as interviews and "making of" scenes.
You will also find recent news about the marine world through articles of GoodPlanet Info magazine, as well as consumer advice and cooking recipes.
Within its Ocean Program, The GoodPlanet Foundation has developed the "Planet Ocean" application to inform consumers about marine species and to promote sustainable fishing.
"Planet Ocean" was developed in partnership with Omega, with the collaboration of SeaWeb Europe.