LIRR train schedule for AndroidTM provides accurate and the latest schedules for the Long Island Rail Road which help you plan your commute and be on time when it matters. It provides departure and arrival times including information about transfers. The information is presented in a clean and easy to read interface, making it very easy to process at a glance.
Now get schedules till your final destination.
ONE TOUCH RESULTS(FAVORITES)
Save all your favorites. Get one touch results by setting favorites as default screen via preferences.
Provides you service status and advisory information of each line
LIRR SYSTEM MAP
You can view LIRR Map by paying $0.99 for lifetime
Clean and easy to read interface
We are very receptive to your feedback. Let us know if you face any issues in using the app at email@example.com. Suggestions are most welcome.
This app is not affiliated to MTA
You can set your preferred/favorite routes under user preferences. You can quickly switch back to your preferred/favorite routes by using menu->Restore my routes button.
Please email me if a route does not display correctly. Please include origin/destination/date/time information that you used for the route search so I may troubleshoot.
This app is not affiliated with, or endorsed by the MTA.
*** 0.4 ***
Fixed a bug that seemed to cause the app to not function on LTE and 4G connections. If you faced this bug, please let me know if the problem is resolved.
Also added a 'Arrive by', 'Depart by' sorting option for times. Please let me know if any time labels show up incorrectly -- I think I have the logic for displaying arrive/depart correctly but some instances might fail.
Right Track: LIRR provides full offline schedule searches (no data connection required!) combined with real-time status updates that inform you of delays, cancellations and schedule changes, as they happen.
• Trip Searches with up to 2 transfers (offline, no data connection required)
• Real-Time Status and Track Information (when available)
• Station Tables (train status and track numbers)
• Branch Status (system-wide delays and schedule changes)
• LIRR Twitter Feed (for @LIRR updates)
• MTA Status (including NYC Subway and Buses)
• In-app Schedule Updates
• Line Map
• Fare Information
• Favorites (unlimited favorites available as an upgrade)
• Trip Alarms (available as an upgrade)
• Trip Sharing (available as an upgrade)
• Home screen widgets (available as an upgrade)
This app has a number of expanded features available for purchase as in-app upgrades:
• Ad Removal - $0.99
• Unlimited Favorites - $0.99
• Widgets - $0.99
• Other: Alarms, Trip Sharing - $0.99
• All of the above - $2.50
Explanation of Permission Requests:
• Access Network State: Determine if your device has a data connection
• Internet: Required to access real-time status information and displaying ads
• Write External Storage: Needed for backup of settings and storage of map tiles
• Wake Lock: Used by the travel alarms to turn the screen on when an alarm starts
• Vibrate: Used by the travel alarms
• Read Phone State: Used to verify upgrades against the device ID (the device ID is not logged or sent anywhere, but is used to generate a one-way hash for license keys)
• Location: only used when you request the closest station
This app is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by either the Long Island Rail Road or the MTA.
The LIRR TrainTime App allows you to:
• Get personalized, up-to-the-minute Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) train updates, including train status, schedules, fares and related information
• Review individual stations for information related to connecting services (bus connections), taxi information, parking information, escalator/elevator information and status along with Ticket Office & Waiting Room hours.
• Service Status information including real-time train information, detailed information on customer alerts and special service notices (planned or upcoming changes to LIRR service)
• Social Media links to LIRR Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
• Additional LIRR Options, including the latest information on LIRR News, Deals & Getaways (Packages, Tours or Deals), Lost & Found Inquiries (link to submit form online), TripPlanner+ (allows you to build a trip using all Transit Options), System Maps (LIRR, NYC Subways & Buses and Metro-North), Ticket Machine Assistance, Contact MTA Police, Contact LIRR (Phone or E-mail), Alternative Travel Information (Penn Station, Jamaica, Atlantic Terminal), LIRR Bike Policy and MTA Accessibility Information.
* Easy to use buttons for entering the value on your card.
* Or tap the field to type in the amount.
* Change fare type: Regular, Reduced, Express Bus, Reduced Express Bus.
* Change the highlight color to match your subway ride.
Submitted as part of NYC Big Apps 3.0 competition.
Highlight color data from MTA.info Developer Resources.
Internet/Network Permission is for ads/analytics.
This has MTA Bronx, Roosevelt Island, Staten Island bus routes,
B63 route, and Downtown Connection route
GPS Real times countdown, vehicles map live
NOW YOU CAN SAVE YOUR FAVORITE STOPS
see vehicles as they move on the map updates every 20 sec
arrival times for stops updates every 20 sec
With this app you don’t have to wait at the bus stop for the bus to come. It will tell you exactly when the bus will come to your stop. You can see the vehicles on the map as they move.
First select the route, direction and the stop that you want to get bus arrival times.
This app will give you exact time bus arrival at your selected stop.
This application features status display and up to the minute information. The power of knowledge in the tips of your fingers.
Please NOTE the Data is from the MTA site and updated by the MTA
Added safety for failed services from MTA Status API
- Fixed Orientation Bug when loading data
- Updated Loading UI
- Updated Refresh
- Added Loading screen
- Added Multi-threading
- New UI
- Multi-Touch pinch-to-zoom where supported, or double-tap to zoom in, tap the zoom-out button to zoom out
- Batch download multiple maps in the background
- Quick links to the MTA's online route details
- Create custom home screen shortcuts to any map or quick-link
- Choose where to save you map tiles (defaults to SD Card)
- Access real-time trip information directly from Metro-North including train status, track number, and the latest service notices
- Save favorite trips for one click access to daily schedules, status and track number
- Get schedules that update in real-time — no need to download new timetables every time you open the app
- Find out trip details including duration, transfer details, Peak / Off Peak, fares and station stops
- Look up station information including location, parking, taxis and connecting services
- Easy access to accessibility details including ADA compliance and elevator / escalator status for all stations
Whether you are a daily commuter looking for up-to-date information on your usual trip or an occasional traveller trying to find the best trip option, the Train Time App is the most convenient and accurate way to plan a seamless trip.
This app provides access to the MTA's Service Status, which gives up-to-the-minute updates on delays, planned work, service changes and suspensions for all MTA-operated transit agencies, including:
• NYCT Subways,
• NYCT and MTA Buses
• MTA Metro North Railroad
• MTA Long Island Railroad
• MTA operated bridges, tunnels and highways
NOTE: This app is ad-supported, with a paid upgrade to remove ads and further customize the app coming soon.
•Restaurants: Best places to eat, cuisine by cuisine with over 6,800 listings
•Shopping: From the latest fashion to the best bargain hunting on Long Island
•Kids: Family events, camps, indoor and outdoor activities
•Music and Entertainment: Popular concerts and community events listings
•Nightlife: Local bars, hotspots, and best happy hours
•Getaways: What to do, where to stay on the East End, South Shore, and more
•Plus, Sports, Fitness, Parks, Recreation, Beaches, and more!
•Location-based map search by category
•Advanced search filtering
•Newsday Critic Picks
•Make reservations at your favorite restaurants
•Money-saving local deals
•Share content via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter
•Save to Favorites
***APP UPDATE #3 - JUNE 2013***
-New App icon!
-We've made it faster to select the right station in the list (we now remember the spot the list was left in)
-Fixed the crash on the 1 line, the crash upon device rotation, and a few more
-Station updates (more soon!)
***APP UPDATE #2 - MAY 2013***
-Just pushed the newest update -- the app now includes ALL STOPS in NYC! Tell your friends.
-We've updated a whole bunch of stations in NYC.
***APP UPDATE #1 - APRIL 2013***
-The app now works on ALL android devices
-Photo assets are no longer stored on the SD card (meaning they'll no longer show up among your personal photos)
In the next update:
-Even more updates to various stations...thanks to all the users that have sent in corrections and updates -- we're going through one by one and making those changes.
-Correcting several bugs and errors (like a crash on rotation bug)
-A prettier homescreen.
-A cooler icon
In future updates:
-Who knows...the more people buy the app the more we can afford to work on it and add cool stuff -- so tell your friends! And please leave us a nice review so we can continue to invest more in the product
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch - firstname.lastname@example.org or @JWegener on twitter.
Note to Amtrak Acela riders: install all Amtrak Northeast Corridor. Acela trains have numbers 2100-2299.
If you are not sure about purchasing this application, or whether if has schedules you are looking for, please install 'RailBandit - Free Trial', which is a free time-limited equivalent of this application specifically made so that you could evaluate it worry-free with no rush.
-Offline transit directions. Enter points A and B and the program gives you the best directions, including connections between lines and agencies. It works in tunnels, subways - anywhere.
-Information includes delays, service advisories and track information where available.
-No hassle schedule updates. No need to reinstall the application when schedules change. Download new schedules directly to your phone at any point.
-Find stations by name, by alphabetic listing, by line, by proximity to your current location or simply pick recently used stops.
-Your recent trips are saved and accessible with a single click.
-Automatic schedules updates. Select "automatic updates" box and application will check for new schedules automatically once a day, and notify you about available updates.
-Track yourself on-board of the train with GPS to see if it is on time or delayed.
Amtrak (selected lines), LIRR, NJ Transit, MTA Metro North, SEPTA, PATCO, Chicago Metra, Chicago Subway, CTA, MBTA (Boston), PATH, BART, LA Metro, SFRTA (Florida), PATCO, Caltrain, Metrolink, WMATA, Baltimore light rail, Baltimore Metro Subway, DART, Trinity Railway Express (TRE), DCTA A-Train, SLE (Shore Line East), Virginia Railway Express (VRE), MARC, Florida Tri-Rail, MARTA (Atlanta), Miami MetroRail, Sound Transit, NCTD (Coaster, Sprinter), LA Metro, Portland TriMet, GoTransit Rail (Ontario), Toronto TTC, and more… http://www.railbandit.com/schedules.htm
Keywords: Acela, realtime, itransit, itrans, MTA
What's your next train? No need to search for your train schedule. Set up your favorite trips and each time you open your app - you'll see your next trains - with just one touch. Commuters - you'll never miss your train again!
More from developer
Alerts, Fares, Transfers + Connections
Find a schedule faster than njtransit.com!
* No Internet connection required!
* All NJ Transit train lines supported.
* Displays time remaining until departure.
* Alarm to wake you up before arrival or departure.
Send feedback to email@example.com
Not affiliated with NJ Transit, NJTransit.
Formerly known as NJTransit Rail
Find a schedule faster than mta.info!
* No Internet connection required!
* Lists which trains are approaching.
* Displays time remaining until departure.
* Not affiliated with Metro North Railroad
Trips (location A>B>C) currently not supported.
Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is not for forecasted temperatures, it is for the actual temperature relevant to where you are.
If all you see is --, you don't have a temperature sensor.
To avoid getting confused do not search by overtime. Your head will explode. But before it does you will question why some employees make more than their salary in overtime. Well thats complicated and I will leave it up to you guys to be the judge and jury of that.
Dataset is available for 2010 only.
Don't like the ads? You can get rid of them by going into airplane mode.
Why release an app like this? Because the transportation is too damn high!
More features available upon request. Remember to check out NJTransit Rail with DepartureVision (TM) to get up to date schedules.
HappyTap offers no guarantee on the accuracy of this data. For all you know, we made it up.
So go ahead and search the Rutgers salary database to find someone earning top dollar. Look up what your professor is making and cry or maybe he is underpaid and feel for them.
On the application's launch an alphabet jumper is launched and you can drill down to your contact with minimum user input.
Great for making calls when you are preoccupied.
TODO: add a keypad for when you don't have the contact.