LAUNCH SALE! Go on an adventure with one gutsy Grandma as she tricks some hungry forest animals in the jungle of South Asia! Our storybook app has built in gameplay, a STEM-inspired mini-game, and interactive activities for family fun. Featured on: Geeks with Juniors 2016 Best Book Apps List and Common Sense Media's "Best Book Apps for Kids" list; winner of Tech with Kids "Best Pick App" award; a Teachers with Apps "Top Pick" and recipient of a TWA Badge of Excellence; a Children's Technology Review's "New & Noteworthy App."
You will get 4 rich experiences in your one-time download:
READ: An animated, interactive adventure story based on a Kirkus Reviews Best Children's Book, "Grandma and the Great Gourd: A Bengali Folktale," by best-selling author Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni.
ROLL: Play a rollicking, physics-inspired mini-game as you roll Grandma through the forest & unlock powerful gourds of different shapes and sizes! Created with input from science & STEM educators from the NY Hall of Science and the American Museum of Natural History.
RECORD: Discover a recording studio where you can create sound effects and record custom narrations of the story in your own voice. Your child will love hearing his/her voice in the story and game. Parents, teachers, and grandparents can also use this feature to translate and record the story in another language; a great tool for bilingual homes and classrooms!
EXPLORE: Take a virtual field trip to South Asia to get a taste of its food, art, music, language, and clothing with our In-App videos! No WIFI required; great for travel!
- Language: Watch children around the world say Grandma in different languages!
- Dress: An animated video of how to put on a sari!
- Animals: Meet the wildlife of the Sundarbans Forest
- Art: Discover Alpona, a traditional art form from Bengal
- Food: Make a sweet treat" inspired by Grandma's puffed rice snack!
PLUS: An original music score and voiceover by award-winning composer and voice artist Kamala Sankaram, recognized as "one of "10 cutting edge artists that have captured the imagination" (WQXR) and “strikingly original” (The New York Times).
- Read by Myself and Auto Read for Me modes
- Text highlighting
- Interactive Gardening mini-game
- Physics-inspired mini-game, created with input of science educators
- Recording Studio great for language localization for classrooms or bilingual homes
- Free curriculum connections guide for educators and parents
- One time download
- Story text in Castledown, a dyslexic-friendly font recognized by Wired magazine as a “font designed to help kids learn to read and write”
- Great for traveling: No Internet connection needed to run app or play videos
Recommended Ages: 3-8
Categories: Book, Classics, Folklore, Reading, Literature, Picture Books, Multicultural, Strong Girls,
Please WRITE A REVIEW of Grandma's Great Gourd. We want to hear what you think!
CONNECT WITH US
Follow us on Twitter: @LitSafariApps
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/meetgrandma
Publisher website: www.literarysafari.com
E-mail us at email@example.com
ABOUT THE PUBLISHER
Literary Safari is the publisher of award-winning storybook & literacy apps Dentist Bird: A West African Folktale ("Fast-paced fun that will keep children coming back for more"—School Library Journal) and HangArt ("Rich in bite-size bits of interactions ... promotes cooperative play"—The New York Times).
Literary Safari is a proud member of the interdisciplinary coalition Diversity in Apps/Children's Media Diversity Initiative which supports the creation of inclusive, equitable, and diverse children’s media. We are also a member of Know What's Inside, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeing to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Subscribe to our mailing list at www.literarysafari.com for news about new apps and updates!