Undergoing a healthcare procedure can be a daunting experience for anyone, especially as a child. Whether as part of routine care or a clinical trial, Little Journey supports children and their families from contemplation to full recovery through this award-winning app.
The simple-to-use app guides and supports children and their families through their healthcare journey – all from the comfort and safety of their own home. We support children through:
• Virtual reality tours enabling them to explore the exact rooms they’ll visit while in hospital.
• Age-tailored animations explaining what will happen and why.
• Breathing and relaxation exercises.
• Therapeutic and distraction games to use during stressful periods.
Little Journey helps parents by:
• Drip feeding information before, during and after their procedure.
• Providing small bitesize chunks of information to assist with information retention.
• Making it easier talk to children about what’s going to happen.
• Providing checklists, hints and tips, and nudges to make sure you’re all ready to go.