Welcome to Violet – the first App that helps you achieve balanced sun exposure and promotes a healthy sun experience while reducing the risk of sun damage due to ultraviolet (UV) radiation.
A healthy lifestyle is a balanced lifestyle. It means not only a balanced diet, balanced exercise and rest, but also balanced sun exposure!
Sunshine is essential to an active and happy life. It is our natural source of vitamin D. It promotes bone health and prevents many chronic diseases. It synchronizes the hormonal rhythms of our body. It is nature’s oldest remedy for adverse moods. But too much sunshine may do more harm than good to our health. It can lead to sunburn and skin aging. It may suppress the immune system and cause skin cancer.
Violet is here to help! It is your personal guide to help optimize your sun experience. With a friendly user interface, Violet offers unique features including:
• Customization for the user’s skin type, age, and body size
• Displaying the local weather and UV index
• Predicting the user’s safe sun exposure time
• Notifying the user to seek sun protection before reaching the safe UV dose limit
• Estimating the daily amount of vitamin D generated from sun exposure
• Predicting the time remaining to reach daily vitamin D goal set up by the user
• Taking into account sunscreen applied and various clothing coverage.
• Offering contextual health tips on the safety and benefits of sun exposure
• Coaching the user on balanced sun exposure
Violet is not just another app to generate data. It is designed as a tool to encourage behavioral change toward a better health by reducing the risks while harnessing the benefit of sun. The goal is to motivate the user to get outdoors and safely enjoy the sun without fear it, and to Live Ultra Healthy!
Track and improve your sun experience with Violet. Join the LiveUltraHealthy community and become a Healthy Sun Tracker!