To start a photo based poll, users enter their question and select from one (1) to four (4) photos/images/selfies to include as answer choices. Users can select pre existing photos/images from their camera roll or snap photos/images/selfies within the app, to include with their poll.
Snap, Ask, Vote!
- Choose the length of time the vote stays live (from 15 minutes up to 1 month)
- Customize the list of people that can view your question and vote - full privacy control
- Share your poll with friends on all popular social media platforms and let them join in the fun
- Get feedback on your selfies/photos before you upload them to Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr or Snapchat
- Get fast opinions from friends or the crowd while out shopping using the 15 minute flash vote feature
- Enjoy 5 different feed types; public, following, friends, trending and most active - you decide what interests you
- Anonymous voting allows you to get answers from your friends they might not be comfortable giving you face to face - you can see that they voted but not what their choice was
What is Votify?
Votify is a free photo based social voting app that allows you to snap pictures, ask a question and crowdsource votes from your friends, followers or the Votify community to help you make an important life decision.
Votify is set up to allow you total control over who can see and vote on your polls. Open your question up to the entire Votify community or create a private question that only a select group of your friends can view and vote on.
Vote durations can be configured to last from as little as 15 minutes up to a full month. Get a fast answer while out in a shop or allow votes to flood in to your poll over time so you can make a more measured decision.
Why use Votify?
Votify is incredibly addictive fun! Get anonymous answers from your friends! Votify does not disclose which option you selected when voting on others’ polls or questions. Your friend will know you voted but not which option you selected ensuring you never get in trouble for voting honestly.
Use the Votify “flash” vote feature and get answers in as little as 15 minutes to help you make a quick decision while you are out shopping. Set up your question so that only a select group of your friends can see it and they will get a push notification that you are in need of help… quick!
Simple Social Networking
Votify is totally plugged in to all of your favorite social networks. Add your polls automatically to your Facebook feed, invite your friends from social networks to join in your votes or send push notifications to your friends for fast answers to questions while you are out shopping. Votify was built with social media and real human interaction in mind.
Receive instant in app notifications when others follow you, vote on your questions or comment. Get updated instantly when your friends or people you follow submit a new question.
At Chrono we are connecting the dots to understand how seemingly unrelated events are interdependent/interconnected using crowdsourcing.
As the information age is growing, our dependency on each other is increasing. The world today no longer exists in silo, but there is a growing global interdependency. To succeed in such a globally connected space, it is important to understand the domino effects of natural, political, social, economical events in one part of the world on the other parts of the world. Mapping out these interdependencies will help us better understand how things work and make better choices.
How it works?
Chrono is designed to harness common user experience and knowledge. Users can:
- Create an event
- Join connecting events
- Copy events and paths created by others
- Users can vote on each connection and the app will maintain the path that gets the highest votes. It is a very democratic process.
- View statistics in profile
What is an event?
Event in Chrono app is a world incident that ever happened in the past or currently happening or going to happen in future. Below are few examples:
• Random events – Traffic in highway 101 / Strange smell in Fremont, CA / Construction going on at railway line near Chicago
• Political – Debt crisis in Greece / End of Iraq War / GOP presidential race
• Financial – Google stock price goes up by 1% / Dollar value increases / Oil price goes down in United States / Coffee price increases
• Natural Phenomenon – Earthquake in Alaska / Tsunami in Japan in 2011 / Hurricane Katrina / Drought in California
• Social – Arab spring / protest against government in Hong Kong
• Astronomical event – star alignment on Monday / Full moon day / Solar eclipse
• Company events – Larry Ellison steps down as Oracle CEO/ Apple launches iPhone 6 / Microsoft releases Windows 8
What is a path?
Path is a sequence of connected events in which one event impacts the other event in Chronological order. These events could be of same domain or different domain. Below are few examples:
• Protest against government in Hong Kong → Government imposes curfew in Hong Kong → Hong Kong stock market crashes and goes down by 5% → World stock market is down by average of 2%
• Drought condition in California 3 years in a row → 17 K Job Lost → CA Economy loses $2.2 Billion
• Earthquake off the coast of Japan → Tsunami in Japan → A Hitachi factory north of Tokyo that makes 60% of the world’s supply of airflow sensors was shut down → General Motors to shut a plant in Shreveport, Louisiana for a week and Peugeot-Citroen to cut back production at most of its European plants