Pinch zoom to enlarge or shrink the puzzle grid. Drag to scroll the puzzle grid.
The clue area is scrollable - simply drag your finger over the clue to scroll left and right.
If you are experiencing a Force Close error when the app is trying to resume a puzzle, please delete any files in "/sdcard/andwords/" and relaunch the app.
You can navigate the puzzle grid by:
- Using the hardware arrow keys (holding shift moves to the beginning/end of the word)
- Using the volume rocker
- Using the enter key to move between clues (shift-enter will move to the previous clue)
- Using the enter key to change directions (configurable option)
- Using the camera button to change directions
- Using the space bar to change directions (configurable option)
- Tapping on a square
No other crossword puzzle app has this many features!
Free daily and weekly crossword puzzles from your favorite sources. Two weeks of archives are available to download past puzzles.
• Ask a Friend for help
• Search Google for help
• Hide/Show errors
• Reveal a letter, word or the whole puzzle
• Daily, world-wide competition with virtual trophies
• View elapsed time
Setting options include:
• See your ranking compared to others for each puzzle completed
• Auto download today's puzzles when starting the app
• Show the number of letters in the answer on a clue line
• Show timer
• Double tap to zoom
• Lock screen orientation
• Select a key board layout
• Enter & space changes direction rather than moving to next clue
• Full screen: Hides the notification bar
• Snap to current word: Toggles the auto-scrolling of the play board to the current play position
• Scroll to clue: Toggles the auto-scrolling to the selected clue in the clue list mode
• Movement style: Select what happens when you type past the end of a word
• Skip filled boxes: Toggles the skipping of filled boxes when you enter a new letter
Top Crossword Puzzles PREMIUM features an additional 200+ puzzles each month for $1.99 per month (less than 1 cent per puzzle!). Premium users have access to all archives (some puzzles available back to 2009).
This app includes the option to accesses additional content and features after purchasing a subscription.
Non-premium users: This app contains paid ads that link to third parties.
Please rate our app in the Google Play store.
We are operated by SplashPad Mobile, a top Android app developer. Your app experience is important to us. If you encounter any problems or issues, email email@example.com for a direct response.
We've produced a MAMMOTH puzzle, with more than 7,000 unique clues. The puzzle is hand-crafted with over 350 carefully selected and edited crossword grids and many secrets and challenges to discover. Can you beat all the Quests, and collect all of the Trophies?
To fully master the game you must complete all these challenges:
- Solve over 7,000 clues
- Complete each of the 361 individual puzzles
- Collect all 45 of the prestigious trophies
- Complete all 57 quests
- Unlock all 10 achievements
If you have any questions about the game or want to report a bug or other issue, drop us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
FIND US ON TWITTER: @BigPuzzles
LIKE US: http://www.facebook.com/BigPuzzles
VISIT US: http://www.appynation.com/
WATCH US: http://www.youtube.com/appynation
Have you tried all the World's Biggest puzzles?
- World's Biggest Crossword
- World's Biggest Jigsaw
- World's Biggest Sudoku
- World's Biggest Wordsearch
"Wow Best way to spend your time. Love this app!"
"praise the Lord This is an awesome app! It helps me see what I know and learn more! Thank you. I am really enjoying this app"
"Great Brainteaser It gives you scripture references for some of the questions, causes you to read the entire chapter to find others and then on others it picks your brain; causing you to do research for your answer... Love it... What a challenge!!!"
"Excellent!!! It helps you learn about the bible and it promotes reading the word of God :)"
Bible Crossword. Enjoy playing Bible based crossword puzzles while you get edified! See how well you know the Bible!
With questions gathered from favourite and inspirational verses, historical accounts, Biblical characters (patriarchs, prophets, kings, judges, widows, prominent historical figures, heroes of faith, mighty men and women of valour, people with moral flaws, etc), the Gospels, the work of the Spirit, Jesus Christ, prophetic books, the reality and remedy for sin, grace and salvation, resurrection of the dead, Christian living, God's love, etc you will surely enjoy and be blessed.
- This app is like a Mustard seed. It's small in size (0.2MB) but comes hundreds of questions in the database
- Get extra questions by downloading them from our server. Simply press Menu -> Download more questions. There are 600+ on the server
- Each puzzle is unique, randomly created every time you choose "New Puzzle"
- Has a custom Keypad that does not get in your way but gives a convenient way to read the puzzle questions even on small screens
- Multiple background colors (themes) to choose from
- Easy navigation through the questions
- The database has a mix of both simple and cryptic questions, questions for those new in the Christian faith and questions for mature in the faith
- Get extra questions by downloading them from our server. Simply press Menu -> Download more questions. There are 600+ on the server
HOW TO PLAY
- Tap/Click in the white boxes when you want to type answers. The currently active cell will be highlighted
- Tap/Click in the empty space to hide the keypad. Click on the Menu to create a New Puzzle, Check Answers, change color themes and more
- To navigate through questions:
* Click on the arrows at the far left or right of the questions or
* Swipe on them with two fingers or
* Swipe on them with one finger
May the __ of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. 2Thes 3:18; Rev 22:21
The format is non American but all the clues and answers are in American English.
Two entry views for the crossword puzzle:
-New crossword daily.
-Traditional (with zoom)
-Clue view (large squares and each clue with its solution)
-Hints for one letter, clue or whole puzzle.
-Check errors for clue or whole puzzle.
-Timer. See your best times.
-Works offline once puzzles are downloaded.
As seen on Facebook and throughout the Internet, by popular demand resident constructor Harald Hornung has released his cleverly fun, themed crosswords in the Play Store. On par with Shortyz and NY Times style crosswords, but purposefully clued to be quite easy for the leisure solver, these puzzles stand out far above the rest.
Crossword apps that do not contain simple and boring computer generated crosswords are rare. Solvers have been heralding Harald’s Crossword Rush puzzles on the Internet (see some comments below) and now we have finally finished the app for all of you. Don't forget to check back here for updates and more crossword puzzle packs!
This is a FREE app. Download it now and start solving themed crosswords on or offline. All crosswords are automatically saved upon exit and will be there as you left them each time you re-open the app. Also, free real-world Kiip rewards (such as a free Starbucks coffee) will occasionally be offered to deserving solvers who attain certain achievement levels. There are no ads in this app, only free real-world rewards that are offered to our good solvers that love crosswords.
Here are some reviews of Harald Hornung’s crosswords:
“I have emailed before but I have to tell you again this was the greatest puzzle ever. Please make sure this website keeps them coming. I wouldn't mind if I got one of your puzzles every day. Love your stuff Harald.” – Teena B
“Hi. Thanks for making a truly 'easy' and enjoyable crossword. With so little time to relax, it's nice to find an easy that's fun and doesn't require me to stress out over the answers. Easy, themed puzzles are the perfect way to clear the cobwebs in the morning. thanks!” - Lysa D.
“Great fun and loved the reinventing of the verbs to fit the theme” – wichampisky
“Harald Hornung is the best constructor on this site. Please post more puzzles.” -Susan
“That was a fun puzzle” - storpy
“I’ve done all your puzzles so I hope you send some more” -wichampisky
“Well done!” -aj
“That was fun ! I appreciate easy going puzzles to relax with after an insane work day(s). Hope you do more like that.” - wichampisky
“Good one. Thank you.” -jasadate
“Thank you for making the crossword puzzle. I enjoyed solving it.” -pdqbach
“You’re good. More of them please.” -Tony D
“Thank you for your fine effort constructing this puzzle, I completed it with a 100% score!! keep them coming” -Eddie M.
“Hey HH, Another good one!! Keep em coming & thanks, AJ” -AJ
“Thanks again, HH. I enjoy your puzzles. Looking forward to more of them. Lois” - Lois S.
Currently the app offers only crosswords in Slovak and Czech language.
- Pinch Zoom the crossword view or set zoom level from presets in settings.
- Crosswords Puzzle automatically download of over 20 different daily, weekly, and monthly puzzles.
- Crosswords Puzzle downloads puzzles by selected date.
- Download .puz and .jpz files from the web or from your email.
- Supports circled letters appearing in some puzzles.
- Optional puzzle timer.
- Optional hinting feature to reveal letters, words, or the whole puzzle.
- Hints to highlight errors by marking incorrect letters in red.
- Set custom keyboard or switch to device default keyboard.
- Cleanup completed puzzles and archive/delete them to save space.
- Switch between archived and regular crosswords.
- Puzzle download notifications.
- Through the Crosswords Puzzle app share completed puzzles with your contacts.
- Crosswords Puzzle supports phones and tablets of various sizes running Android OS version 1.6 and higher.
- American Values Club xword
- Andy Kravis, Cruciverbalist at Law
- Brendan Emmett Quigley (manual download required)
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- CRooked Crosswords
- Crossword Nation
- Daily Record
- Der Standard
- Devil Cross
- Erik Agard
- Ink Well Xwords
- Jonesin' Crosswords
- Joseph Crosswords
- Los Angeles Times
- Matt Gaffney's Daily Crossword (manual download required)
- Matt Gaffney's Weekly Crossword Contest (manual download required)
- Muller Monthly Music Meta
- Neville Fogarty
- New York Times (paid subscription required)
- Patrick Blindauer Free Monthly Puzzle
- People Puzzler
- Premier Crosswords
- Sheffer Crosswords
- Stan Newman's Newsday Crossword
- Universal Crossword
- USA Today
- Wall Street Journal
- Washington Post (aka CrosSynergy)
- Washington Post Puzzler
Kindly report all your feedback to email@example.com
Crosswords need little introduction; they have been the staple puzzle of newspapers and magazines the world over, and Puzzler has been providing high quality content for over 40 years.
To get you started there are 12 free Crossword puzzles containing a selection of various grid sizes to test your Crossword skills.
Within the store there are two options:
• Quick Crosswords - 9x9 to 11x11 grid sizes
• Standard Crosswords - 13x13 to 15x15 grid sizes
Each option then allows you to purchase further content via a range of IAP pack sizes, with each pack size giving increased savings. You can purchase any of the IAP options as many times as you like, and a completely fresh set of puzzles will be downloaded to your puzzle matrix screen every time!
Every week we will also deliver to your account a FREE puzzle!
• Free weekly puzzles via Push Notification
• Two level options; Quick Crosswords and Standard Crosswords
• Unlimited ability to re-purchase any IAP option, returning fresh new content with every new IAP purchase
• Quality English language puzzles
• Pick up play across multiple devices using the same account details (excludes anonymous registered players)
• Straight clues suitable for all Crossword fans
• Connect with friends when connected via Facebook
• Share your achievements with friends and family via Facebook or Twitter
• Collect trophies and free hint coins with each purchased pack
• Switch on in-game themes to personalise backgrounds, fonts and motifs (Requires purchase of IAP features option)
• Full in-game hints feature allowing you to spend Hint Coins to help solve those trickier clues
• Use the same login details across all of our new apps
• Easy to contact us from within game
• No advertising
See our growing range of puzzling apps, with something for the whole family, by either searching puzzler in your app store, or visit: http://www.puzzler.com/digital-apps/
Enjoy and don’t forget to talk to us if you have any questions, or need help!
Check PRO version with no ads and bigger dictionaries: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pw.megacrosswordspro
MEGA Crosswords is an ideal application for all fans of such entertainment. Crosswords are generated randomly from an internal database of clues, so each new puzzle is unique. The gamestate is stored in memory, so you can always pause the game and return to it later.
The user interface is designed for easy navigation in crossword area. The selection of letter/clue is made by single touch, common gestures are also supported (pinch-to-zoom). The letters are typed using built-in keyboard.
- Random crossword generator,
- Gamestate saving and loading,
- Two crossword sizes (small/large),
- Navigation in the area of crosswords by touch,
- Selection of letter/clue by touch,
- Support for common gestures like pinch-to-zoom,
- Zoom in/out by pinch-to-zoom or double tap on upper/lower part of screen,
- Built-in keyboard,
- Possibility of typing single letters in the crossword cells,
- Checking of single clue,
- Checking of entire crossword,
- Revealing of single letters,
- Revealing of single clues.
Keyboard special keys
- The "^^" button is the SHIFT and allows you to enter Polish characters,
- The "<<" button erases the value in selected cell,
- The "||" button opens a menu (for devices without hardware menu button).
The application is constantly evolving. Dictionaries will be gradually enlarged in the next updates.
Currently supported languages (interface): Polish, English
- Polish - basic,
- Polish - geography,
- English - basic.
The best Word fill-in app available! The well-known combination of crossword and jigsaw puzzles is now available for your Android phone! Thousands of word fill-ins, several difficulty levels and word lists in English, German and Dutch. Compare your puzzle points score to other players with the online ranking system! If you enjoy word puzzles like word search you will love this!
- Large word dictionaries for English, Dutch and German
- Five difficulty levels
- Optional hint system
- Online profile and rankings!
- Completely designed with the popular 'Metro' style
- Music and sound effects
Often having to think several moves ahead, deduce which of several possible numbers is the correct one to fill the space on the grid. Each number fits in just one place!
But watch out – you need to ensure a new number intersects correctly with those already placed or they will be erased from the grid and placed back in the list!
Place all the numbers correctly and the puzzle is solved.
Great enjoyment for all the family.
Number Jig puzzles are also known as Number Cross, Number Fill or Number Fit.
FREE PUZZLE every week.
UNLIMITED PUZZLES allows you to purchase any of the IAP options as many times as you like and new puzzles will be downloaded every time.
EXTRA HINT COINS with every IAP purchase.
ACCESS your game & pick up your state of play across multiple devices when logging in via email or Facebook.
EARN trophies to display in your cabinet and points to move you up the leaderboard.
CONNECT with your friends through in-game chat and share your achievements via Facebook and Twitter.
ENJOY other great Puzzler apps and use the same login details.
CONTACT us from within game to get help and advice.
Other great features:
• Easy to fill grid – just tap and drag numbers from the list onto the grid.
• In-game hint options.
• Flexible in-app pack options offering great savings, extra hint coins & new content every time!
• Personalise backgrounds, fonts and motifs.
• No advertising.
See our growing range of puzzle apps, with something for the whole family, by either searching Puzzler in your app store or visit: http://www.puzzler.com/digital-apps/
Number Jig Puzzler is brought to you from the world’s most diverse puzzle publisher, taking puzzling to a whole new level of engagement, fun, diversity and ability to access and consume as much content as you want.
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cross out all the words that are hidden in the grid by sliding from letter to letter and discover the secret word.
More than 1 lakh 70 thousand words in the built-in word list, which has been run through several profanity filters!!
# Multiple Grid Size support
# Auto-adjusting touch controls for selecting words with just a swipe
# Select words forwards or backwards, in any direction
# Different Letter Size.
# Words are heavily interlocked in the wordsearch letter grid
# Infinite number of wordsearch puzzles to boggle your mind!
# Compatible with different mobile screen sizes
# Infinite play with dynamic grids
# The grid filled with words that cross and intersect
# Dynamically generated puzzles; you'll never get the same
# Customizable Themes
Categories : Hollywood, Dictionary, Kids, Music, Places, Personalities, Singer, Music
“What's A Nine Letter Word For A 'Type Of Word Puzzle Game?'”
Like playing the Will Shortz New York Times Edition Crossword? USA Today Crossword? Washington Post Crossword? or Los Angeles Times Crossword? Play all these crossword puzzles and many others on any Android Mobile Device. Browse daily or weekly crosswords and access crossword puzzle archives for endless hours of crossword puzzle challenges to solve offline anywhere in the world!
FACT: 2013 is the 100th anniversary of the crossword puzzle. On December 21, 1913, Arthur Wynne, a journalist from Liverpool, England, published a "word-cross" puzzle in the New York World that embodied most of the features of the genre as we know it. This puzzle is frequently cited as the first crossword puzzle, and Wynne as the inventor. Later, the name of the puzzle was changed to "crossword"
THIS APP IS AD FREE, CONTAINS NO VIRUSES, NO MALWARE, NO SPYWARE, AND NO ADVERTISMENTS OF ANY KIND!
DAILY NEWSPAPER CROSSWORD PUZZLES APP FEAUTURES
- 7 Daily and 13 Weekly Crossword Puzzle Sources! (See List)
- Reveal Clue Letter, Entire Clue Answer, Or Entire Puzzle!
- Crossword Puzzle View Zoom!
- Landscape Or Portrait Mode!
- Downloads Crosswords To SDCARD For Anywhere Gameplay!
- Archive Crossword Puzzles!
- Show/Hide Errors! (Highlight Errors In Red)
- Crossword Puzzle View or Clue View Mode!
- Simple User Interface! (GUI)
- Help! Features And Usage Guide!
- Many Additional App Options! (See Screenshots)
Current Available Crossword Puzzle Sources:
- Wall Street Journal
- Permier Crosswords
- Philadelphia Inquirer
- LAT Sunday Calendar
- Chronicles Of Higher Education
- Boston Globe
- I Swear
- People Magazine
- The Onion
- Jonesin' Crosswords
- Ink Well
- New York Times (NYTimes Subscription Required)
- Washington Post
- Los Angeles Times
- Universal Crossword
- USA Today
ALPHA Sources (Currently Being Tested And Developed)
- Cru Puzzle Workshop (NY Times Cru Cryptic Fan Puzzles)
- Kegler's Kryptics (Ron “Kegler” Sweet's Cryptic Archive)
NOTE: Additional crossword puzzle sources will be added soon.
DID YOU KNOW?
In 1944, Allied security officers were disturbed by the appearance, in a series of crosswords in The Daily Telegraph, of words that were secret code names for military operations planned as part of Operation Overlord. "Utah" (the code name for one of the landing sites) appeared in a puzzle on May 2, 1944. Subsequent puzzles included the landing site "Omaha" and "Mulberry"; the secret artificial harbours.
On June 2, four days before the invasion, the puzzle included both "Neptune" (the naval operations plan) and "Overlord". The author of the puzzles, a schoolteacher named Leonard Dawe, was interviewed. The investigators concluded that the appearance of the words was not an attempt to pass messages. According to a former crossword editor of The Daily Telegraph, in 1984 a former student of Dawe's claimed that he had picked up the words from soldiers' conversations around the army camps, and included them when helping Dawe to choose words to fill crossword grids. Some cryptologists for Bletchley Park were selected after doing well in a crossword-solving competition.
Initial App start up may take up 10 seconds, delay is caused by crossword puzzles being downloaded at App start up, disable this in the settings and download crossword puzzles manually if desired.
See Help! in App menu for specific App features and usage.
For more Android Apps please see our website: http://www.androidputing.com
This APP is Open Source under the GNU License Version 3.0, license and source code are available at our website: http://www.androidputing.com
Portions of this APP description were written with Wikipedia.org as a source.
Start by entering a category name (e.g. "Best Film"). Next, enter the voting options for the category (e.g. the names of the movies that have been nominated as the best film). If you make a mistake you can click the checkbox to remove the voting option from the list.
Once you have completed the first category, tap the right button to create another category and repeat the process as for the first category. Repeat for each category on which you want to vote. Want to remove a category? First remove all of the voting options, then tap the right or left button - the category is automatically removed.
Once all categories are entered, tap the menu hard button and switch to voting mode. If you haven't already set a password, you may be prompted to do so. Keep track of your password - you'll need to enter it to return to admin mode to see the results!
When ready, hand the device to the first voter. He or she will enter his or her name, then select his or her choice for each voting category. Once finished, he or she will submit his or her ballot by tapping "Vote", and the next voter can take a turn. The app will wisely prevent multiple votes from the same name.
Once all votes have been entered, you should retrieve the device and switch back to Admin mode. Your password may be required. The app will indicate to you the winning vote options in each category (in case of a tie, the category will indicate multiple winners), and will also indicate the 'winning' voter (or in the case of a tie, voters); that is to say, the voter(s) who voted for a winning option in the highest number of categories.
Categories and/or voting options can always be added or removed, so feel free to poll your friends early and often!