“What's A Nine Letter Word For A 'Type Of Word Puzzle Game?'”
Like playing the Will Shortz New York Times Edition Crossword? USA Today Crossword? Washington Post Crossword? or Los Angeles Times Crossword? Play all these crossword puzzles and many others on any Android Mobile Device. Browse daily or weekly crosswords and access crossword puzzle archives for endless hours of crossword puzzle challenges to solve offline anywhere in the world!
FACT: 2013 is the 100th anniversary of the crossword puzzle. On December 21, 1913, Arthur Wynne, a journalist from Liverpool, England, published a "word-cross" puzzle in the New York World that embodied most of the features of the genre as we know it. This puzzle is frequently cited as the first crossword puzzle, and Wynne as the inventor. Later, the name of the puzzle was changed to "crossword"
THIS APP IS AD FREE, CONTAINS NO VIRUSES, NO MALWARE, NO SPYWARE, AND NO ADVERTISMENTS OF ANY KIND!
DAILY NEWSPAPER CROSSWORD PUZZLES APP FEAUTURES
- 7 Daily and 13 Weekly Crossword Puzzle Sources! (See List)
- Reveal Clue Letter, Entire Clue Answer, Or Entire Puzzle!
- Crossword Puzzle View Zoom!
- Landscape Or Portrait Mode!
- Downloads Crosswords To SDCARD For Anywhere Gameplay!
- Archive Crossword Puzzles!
- Show/Hide Errors! (Highlight Errors In Red)
- Crossword Puzzle View or Clue View Mode!
- Simple User Interface! (GUI)
- Help! Features And Usage Guide!
- Many Additional App Options! (See Screenshots)
Current Available Crossword Puzzle Sources:
- Wall Street Journal
- Permier Crosswords
- Philadelphia Inquirer
- LAT Sunday Calendar
- Chronicles Of Higher Education
- Boston Globe
- I Swear
- People Magazine
- The Onion
- Jonesin' Crosswords
- Ink Well
- New York Times (NYTimes Subscription Required)
- Washington Post
- Los Angeles Times
- Universal Crossword
- USA Today
ALPHA Sources (Currently Being Tested And Developed)
- Cru Puzzle Workshop (NY Times Cru Cryptic Fan Puzzles)
- Kegler's Kryptics (Ron “Kegler” Sweet's Cryptic Archive)
NOTE: Additional crossword puzzle sources will be added soon.
DID YOU KNOW?
In 1944, Allied security officers were disturbed by the appearance, in a series of crosswords in The Daily Telegraph, of words that were secret code names for military operations planned as part of Operation Overlord. "Utah" (the code name for one of the landing sites) appeared in a puzzle on May 2, 1944. Subsequent puzzles included the landing site "Omaha" and "Mulberry"; the secret artificial harbours.
On June 2, four days before the invasion, the puzzle included both "Neptune" (the naval operations plan) and "Overlord". The author of the puzzles, a schoolteacher named Leonard Dawe, was interviewed. The investigators concluded that the appearance of the words was not an attempt to pass messages. According to a former crossword editor of The Daily Telegraph, in 1984 a former student of Dawe's claimed that he had picked up the words from soldiers' conversations around the army camps, and included them when helping Dawe to choose words to fill crossword grids. Some cryptologists for Bletchley Park were selected after doing well in a crossword-solving competition.
Initial App start up may take up 10 seconds, delay is caused by crossword puzzles being downloaded at App start up, disable this in the settings and download crossword puzzles manually if desired.
See Help! in App menu for specific App features and usage.
For more Android Apps please see our website: http://www.androidputing.com
This APP is Open Source under the GNU License Version 3.0, license and source code are available at our website: http://www.androidputing.com
Portions of this APP description were written with Wikipedia.org as a source.
Not Require Any Extra Permission
Just beta release here..! Much more to come!
The app includes
- Best Total Moves
- Total moves taken to solve the puzzle
- A timer which shows Total Time Taken to solve the puzzle
- Supporting almost all kind of resolutions.
Yet to come
- Difficulty levels
- Submit your score online
- Best scores list
We would appreciate your valuable feedback. If you like this app then share with others.
If you find any problem please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
No other crossword puzzle app has this many features!
Free daily and weekly crossword puzzles from your favorite sources. Two weeks of archives are available to download past puzzles.
• Ask a Friend for help
• Search Google for help
• Hide/Show errors
• Reveal a letter, word or the whole puzzle
• Daily, world-wide competition with virtual trophies
• View elapsed time
Setting options include:
• See your ranking compared to others for each puzzle completed
• Auto download today's puzzles when starting the app
• Show the number of letters in the answer on a clue line
• Show timer
• Double tap to zoom
• Lock screen orientation
• Select a key board layout
• Enter & space changes direction rather than moving to next clue
• Full screen: Hides the notification bar
• Snap to current word: Toggles the auto-scrolling of the play board to the current play position
• Scroll to clue: Toggles the auto-scrolling to the selected clue in the clue list mode
• Movement style: Select what happens when you type past the end of a word
• Skip filled boxes: Toggles the skipping of filled boxes when you enter a new letter
Top Crossword Puzzles PREMIUM features an additional 200+ puzzles each month for $1.99 per month (less than 1 cent per puzzle!). Premium users have access to all archives (some puzzles available back to 2009).
This app includes the option to accesses additional content and features after purchasing a subscription.
Non-premium users: This app contains paid ads that link to third parties.
Please rate our app in the Google Play store.
We are operated by SplashPad Mobile, a top Android app developer. Your app experience is important to us. If you encounter any problems or issues, email email@example.com for a direct response.
We've produced a MAMMOTH puzzle, with more than 7,000 unique clues. The puzzle is hand-crafted with over 350 carefully selected and edited crossword grids and many secrets and challenges to discover. Can you beat all the Quests, and collect all of the Trophies?
To fully master the game you must complete all these challenges:
- Solve over 7,000 clues
- Complete each of the 361 individual puzzles
- Collect all 45 of the prestigious trophies
- Complete all 57 quests
- Unlock all 10 achievements
If you have any questions about the game or want to report a bug or other issue, drop us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
FIND US ON TWITTER: @BigPuzzles
LIKE US: http://www.facebook.com/BigPuzzles
VISIT US: http://www.appynation.com/
WATCH US: http://www.youtube.com/appynation
The format is non American but all the clues and answers are in American English.
Two entry views for the crossword puzzle:
-New crossword daily.
-Traditional (with zoom)
-Clue view (large squares and each clue with its solution)
-Hints for one letter, clue or whole puzzle.
-Check errors for clue or whole puzzle.
-Timer. See your best times.
-Works offline once puzzles are downloaded.
Puzzles are not included. When you start up Crosswords Plus, you can use the built-in browser to download crossword puzzles and begin playing. If you have puzzles on your PC, you can copy them into the crosswords folder created on your device's SD card. And if you have a New York Times puzzles subscription, Crosswords Plus can download and play them.
Supported formats: .puz, .jpz, .xpf, and .ipuz
Written by Hariharan Swaminathan and Kevin Vajk.
If you like puzzles you will love this game. You can create any puzzle with the photos you did or using the camera to create a new puzzle instantly.
Split and merge your friend's face and unlocking every level. The levels include high quality photos of animals, cities, landscapes, food, vehicles and sports.
You can compete with your friends with the online ranking or try to solve all puzzles with 3 stars.
Available in English, Spanish, French, Catalan, Italian, Portuguese and German.
Try to resolve it with little movements!
• Easy and simple puzzles with easy to play small board.
• Enjoy the audio while playing.
• 2 skill levels - Regular/Master are available.
• You can get hints, cheats and also search the Internet while playing the game.
• Select a preferred search engine and explore the net while playing.
• A simple clue space is provided. You can easily work with 1 or 2 clues at a time.
If you enjoy this puzzle please leave your valuable review in Play Store.
The best Word fill-in app available! The well-known combination of crossword and jigsaw puzzles is now available for your Android phone! Thousands of word fill-ins, several difficulty levels and word lists in English, German and Dutch. Compare your puzzle points score to other players with the online ranking system! If you enjoy word puzzles like word search you will love this!
- Large word dictionaries for English, Dutch and German
- Five difficulty levels
- Optional hint system
- Online profile and rankings!
- Completely designed with the popular 'Metro' style
- Music and sound effects
Professional crossword puzzles all features enabled and "No Ads" from the world’s top puzzle creators.
Brendan Emmett Quigley whose work is regularly published in The New York Times and the Washington Post.
Mr.X - Acclaimed UK crossword constructor.
"wellywearer" Star of the cryptic crossword puzzle world.
"PBJ" - Online legend USA crossword constructor.
You Love Crosswords
Kids Crosswords by MerridithT
The Crossword Puzzle King app is inspired by the popular paper version of the crossword puzzle game, but offers so much more!
Start your experience by choosing a crossword puzzle. Crossword Puzzle King gives you variety you won’t find in similar games, paper or digital. There are ample puzzles from Easy, Medium, Hard, Themed, Cryptic, USA Style, Mixed Quick and No Hints. If those categories don’t tickle your fancy, you’re sure to find a winner in one of our long list of themed crosswords.
We regularly add more puzzles so if you don’t find a style that suits you please check back later.
> Professionally made crossword puzzles from the world’s top crossword constructors; no computer generated junk content here!
> Themed crosswords based on a variety of subjects such as geography, wildlife, fruit, animals, and movie stars-you're sure to have a favourite, or two, or three, or more!
> Puzzles categorized by degree of challenge: Easy, Medium, Hard, Mixed Quick, Cryptic, USA and for a real challenge No Hints.
> Clean and clear screen layout in landscape and portrait modes-you choose which suits you best!
> Easy to navigate interface-like the paper version, only better!
> Reveal a letter, clue or the Crossword if you're struggling! "Excludes the No Hints section"
> Option to download puzzles individually or all at once from the same screen!
> New and exciting puzzles and new styles added on a regular basis.
Try Crossword Puzzle King today!
If you do have a problem please help us make our app the best it can be.
We have a great support team if you have any problems with our apps please contact us and we will do our very best to fix the problem asap.
Hidden words can be found vertically (from top to bottom, or vice versa), horizontally (from left to right or vice versa) and diagonally (from top to bottom or vice versa).
Slide your finger on letters to select a word
"Wow Best way to spend your time. Love this app!"
"praise the Lord This is an awesome app! It helps me see what I know and learn more! Thank you. I am really enjoying this app"
"Great Brainteaser It gives you scripture references for some of the questions, causes you to read the entire chapter to find others and then on others it picks your brain; causing you to do research for your answer... Love it... What a challenge!!!"
"Excellent!!! It helps you learn about the bible and it promotes reading the word of God :)"
Bible Crossword. Enjoy playing Bible based crossword puzzles while you get edified! See how well you know the Bible!
With questions gathered from favourite and inspirational verses, historical accounts, Biblical characters (patriarchs, prophets, kings, judges, widows, prominent historical figures, heroes of faith, mighty men and women of valour, people with moral flaws, etc), the Gospels, the work of the Spirit, Jesus Christ, prophetic books, the reality and remedy for sin, grace and salvation, resurrection of the dead, Christian living, God's love, etc you will surely enjoy and be blessed.
- This app is like a Mustard seed. It's small in size (0.2MB) but comes hundreds of questions in the database
- Get extra questions by downloading them from our server. Simply press Menu -> Download more questions. There are 600+ on the server
- Each puzzle is unique, randomly created every time you choose "New Puzzle"
- Has a custom Keypad that does not get in your way but gives a convenient way to read the puzzle questions even on small screens
- Multiple background colors (themes) to choose from
- Easy navigation through the questions
- The database has a mix of both simple and cryptic questions, questions for those new in the Christian faith and questions for mature in the faith
- Get extra questions by downloading them from our server. Simply press Menu -> Download more questions. There are 600+ on the server
HOW TO PLAY
- Tap/Click in the white boxes when you want to type answers. The currently active cell will be highlighted
- Tap/Click in the empty space to hide the keypad. Click on the Menu to create a New Puzzle, Check Answers, change color themes and more
- To navigate through questions:
* Click on the arrows at the far left or right of the questions or
* Swipe on them with two fingers or
* Swipe on them with one finger
May the __ of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. 2Thes 3:18; Rev 22:21
Start by entering a category name (e.g. "Best Film"). Next, enter the voting options for the category (e.g. the names of the movies that have been nominated as the best film). If you make a mistake you can click the checkbox to remove the voting option from the list.
Once you have completed the first category, tap the right button to create another category and repeat the process as for the first category. Repeat for each category on which you want to vote. Want to remove a category? First remove all of the voting options, then tap the right or left button - the category is automatically removed.
Once all categories are entered, tap the menu hard button and switch to voting mode. If you haven't already set a password, you may be prompted to do so. Keep track of your password - you'll need to enter it to return to admin mode to see the results!
When ready, hand the device to the first voter. He or she will enter his or her name, then select his or her choice for each voting category. Once finished, he or she will submit his or her ballot by tapping "Vote", and the next voter can take a turn. The app will wisely prevent multiple votes from the same name.
Once all votes have been entered, you should retrieve the device and switch back to Admin mode. Your password may be required. The app will indicate to you the winning vote options in each category (in case of a tie, the category will indicate multiple winners), and will also indicate the 'winning' voter (or in the case of a tie, voters); that is to say, the voter(s) who voted for a winning option in the highest number of categories.
Categories and/or voting options can always be added or removed, so feel free to poll your friends early and often!