You will be given a list of words that all will fit in the non black squares.
Touch a red or yellow square to place a word, and it will be strikeout and not possible to choose again.
The crossword is completed when all the words are placed on the board.
Just fill in all the none black squares
There are four boards 8 squares wide and 16 squares high or 12 squares wide and 12 squares high or
15 squares wide and 15 squares high or
20 squares wids and 20 squares high.
There will be new crosswords added later on.
Compare your number of solved crosswords with others online through Swarm.
tags: word fill in, crossword, puzzle, crusadex, cruzadex
Send feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
“What's A Nine Letter Word For A 'Type Of Word Puzzle Game?'”
Like playing the Will Shortz New York Times Edition Crossword? USA Today Crossword? Washington Post Crossword? or Los Angeles Times Crossword? Play all these crossword puzzles and many others on any Android Mobile Device. Browse daily or weekly crosswords and access crossword puzzle archives for endless hours of crossword puzzle challenges to solve offline anywhere in the world!
FACT: 2013 is the 100th anniversary of the crossword puzzle. On December 21, 1913, Arthur Wynne, a journalist from Liverpool, England, published a "word-cross" puzzle in the New York World that embodied most of the features of the genre as we know it. This puzzle is frequently cited as the first crossword puzzle, and Wynne as the inventor. Later, the name of the puzzle was changed to "crossword"
THIS APP IS AD FREE, CONTAINS NO VIRUSES, NO MALWARE, NO SPYWARE, AND NO ADVERTISMENTS OF ANY KIND!
DAILY NEWSPAPER CROSSWORD PUZZLES APP FEAUTURES
- 7 Daily and 13 Weekly Crossword Puzzle Sources! (See List)
- Reveal Clue Letter, Entire Clue Answer, Or Entire Puzzle!
- Crossword Puzzle View Zoom!
- Landscape Or Portrait Mode!
- Downloads Crosswords To SDCARD For Anywhere Gameplay!
- Archive Crossword Puzzles!
- Show/Hide Errors! (Highlight Errors In Red)
- Crossword Puzzle View or Clue View Mode!
- Simple User Interface! (GUI)
- Help! Features And Usage Guide!
- Many Additional App Options! (See Screenshots)
Current Available Crossword Puzzle Sources:
- Wall Street Journal
- Permier Crosswords
- Philadelphia Inquirer
- LAT Sunday Calendar
- Chronicles Of Higher Education
- Boston Globe
- I Swear
- People Magazine
- The Onion
- Jonesin' Crosswords
- Ink Well
- New York Times (NYTimes Subscription Required)
- Washington Post
- Los Angeles Times
- Universal Crossword
- USA Today
ALPHA Sources (Currently Being Tested And Developed)
- Cru Puzzle Workshop (NY Times Cru Cryptic Fan Puzzles)
- Kegler's Kryptics (Ron “Kegler” Sweet's Cryptic Archive)
NOTE: Additional crossword puzzle sources will be added soon.
DID YOU KNOW?
In 1944, Allied security officers were disturbed by the appearance, in a series of crosswords in The Daily Telegraph, of words that were secret code names for military operations planned as part of Operation Overlord. "Utah" (the code name for one of the landing sites) appeared in a puzzle on May 2, 1944. Subsequent puzzles included the landing site "Omaha" and "Mulberry"; the secret artificial harbours.
On June 2, four days before the invasion, the puzzle included both "Neptune" (the naval operations plan) and "Overlord". The author of the puzzles, a schoolteacher named Leonard Dawe, was interviewed. The investigators concluded that the appearance of the words was not an attempt to pass messages. According to a former crossword editor of The Daily Telegraph, in 1984 a former student of Dawe's claimed that he had picked up the words from soldiers' conversations around the army camps, and included them when helping Dawe to choose words to fill crossword grids. Some cryptologists for Bletchley Park were selected after doing well in a crossword-solving competition.
Initial App start up may take up 10 seconds, delay is caused by crossword puzzles being downloaded at App start up, disable this in the settings and download crossword puzzles manually if desired.
See Help! in App menu for specific App features and usage.
For more Android Apps please see our website: http://www.androidputing.com
This APP is Open Source under the GNU License Version 3.0, license and source code are available at our website: http://www.androidputing.com
Portions of this APP description were written with Wikipedia.org as a source.
The format is non American but all the clues and answers are in American English.
Two entry views for the crossword puzzle:
-New crossword daily.
-Traditional (with zoom)
-Clue view (large squares and each clue with its solution)
-Hints for one letter, clue or whole puzzle.
-Check errors for clue or whole puzzle.
-Timer. See your best times.
-Works offline once puzzles are downloaded.
• Easy and simple puzzles with easy to play small board.
• Enjoy the audio while playing.
• 2 skill levels - Regular/Master are available.
• You can get hints, cheats and also search the Internet while playing the game.
• Select a preferred search engine and explore the net while playing.
• A simple clue space is provided. You can easily work with 1 or 2 clues at a time.
If you enjoy this puzzle please leave your valuable review in Play Store.
* Shikaku (also known as Rectangles) is a logic puzzle from Sudoku authors with simple rules and challenging solutions.
The rules are simple.
You have to divide the grid into rectangular and square pieces such that each piece contains exactly one number, and that number represents the area of the rectangle.
You have to find the location of all dominoes on the grid. A domino is a pair of numbers. You can have only one of each pair.
Visit our Google+ page: http://goo.gl/Xxeb8
or Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Spear/290643634305314
* Serão liberadas novas cruzadinhas na opção de download todo inicio de semana.
*Essa é uma versão de contribuição idêntica a versão free, porém sem propagandas.
Qualquer bug ou sugestão de melhoria reportar para o e-mail: email@example.com
This is the PREMIUM VERSION of crossword solver that rivals all other crossword puzzle solvers found in the market. Instead of solving based on purely letter count of each word, etc, this solver has the ability to use CONTEXT such as the actual clue given in the puzzle. A very useful crossword puzzle helper to bring along with you!
For example, the clue "enemy of Perseus" with the pattern "M5" will return MEDUSA as one of the possible words!
This version has UNLIMITED REQUESTS PER DAY and NO ADVERTS!
HOW TO USE
There are two main steps.
1. Enter a hint or a clue.
- This would typically be the actual clue on the crossword
- e.g. Ottoman dynasty founder, Helen of _
- Underscores can be used to replace blanks
2. Enter a pattern.
- A number represents unknown letters.
- e.g. for a five letter words with all letters unknown, 5 will be the pattern
- alternatively, question marks (?) or periods (.) can be used to represent each unknown character
- i.e. 5 is the same as ????? and .....
- letters which are known can be placed in the pattern, e.g. R4 means a word starting with R followed by 4 unknowns
- e.g. for the word horseman, for which only the letters H and S are revealed, H2S4, H??S???? are both possible input patterns
*FOR FEATURE REQUEST, PLEASE EMAIL US at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The search engine is based outside of the app (hence the small size) and thus requires internet connection.
- The data retrieved is relatively small so you don't have to worry about data usage
crossword cross-word context search solve clues puzzle hangman hint lovatts solver solution NYTimes puzzle helper dictionary concept conceptual
- Large word dictionaries for English, Dutch and German
- Five difficulty levels
- Optional hint system
- Online profile and rankings!
- Completely designed with the popular 'Metro' style
- Music and sound effects
Application that allows you to break the boredom with solving the Swedisch-, Klassical, Picture-crosswords, Word Search, Picture-Wordsearch, or Sudoku directly on your mobile or tablet. The App is connected with the Website
www.crossword-kingdom.com from which the crosswords for offline solving are downloaded. After installation you'll get some crosswords to download for free. But if you sign in with your account from the Website www.crossword-kingdom.com with a valid VIP-Membership you can solve hundreds of crosswords uploaded to the Website everyday.
Crosswords lovers can cultivate their passion for this kind of puzzle using this new application available for Android devices and tablet Amazon.
This application contains 268 puzzles of various sizes and difficulties. Regularly, are also published new puzzles, available online and free of charge. To play with additional puzzles there’s a particular section within the application where to download them.
To play it is not required to connect to the Internet, that is essential when you want to access the section to download new puzzle.
• Game Center integration
• Display of crossword puzzles in either portrait (vertical) or in landscape (horizontal)
• Enhanced support for the completion of the solutions to the definitions not identified
• Pinch to zoom the crossword
• Automatic saving of your progress
• Display the percentage of completion of the puzzle
• Section to download new puzzles free of charge
• One version for mobile and tablet.
• Clicking on a box already selected will change the direction of the definition (vertical or horizontal
• Hold for a few seconds on the help button you can view the entire puzzle solution or a single definition
• Hold down the delete key you can view a popup menu that allows to delete the whole puzzle, a single answer to the definition or all made errors
No other crossword puzzle app has this many features!
Free daily and weekly crossword puzzles from your favorite sources. Two weeks of archives are available to download past puzzles.
• Ask a Friend for help
• Search Google for help
• Hide/Show errors
• Reveal a letter, word or the whole puzzle
• Daily, world-wide competition with virtual trophies
• View elapsed time
Setting options include:
• See your ranking compared to others for each puzzle completed
• Auto download today's puzzles when starting the app
• Show the number of letters in the answer on a clue line
• Show timer
• Double tap to zoom
• Lock screen orientation
• Select a key board layout
• Enter & space changes direction rather than moving to next clue
• Full screen: Hides the notification bar
• Snap to current word: Toggles the auto-scrolling of the play board to the current play position
• Scroll to clue: Toggles the auto-scrolling to the selected clue in the clue list mode
• Movement style: Select what happens when you type past the end of a word
• Skip filled boxes: Toggles the skipping of filled boxes when you enter a new letter
Top Crossword Puzzles PREMIUM features an additional 200+ puzzles each month for $1.99 per month (less than 1 cent per puzzle!). Premium users have access to all archives (some puzzles available back to 2009).
This app includes the option to accesses additional content and features after purchasing a subscription.
Non-premium users: This app contains paid ads that link to third parties.
Please rate our app in the Google Play store.
We are operated by SplashPad Mobile, a top Android app developer. Your app experience is important to us. If you encounter any problems or issues, email email@example.com for a direct response.
We've produced a MAMMOTH puzzle, with more than 7,000 unique clues. The puzzle is hand-crafted with over 350 carefully selected and edited crossword grids and many secrets and challenges to discover. Can you beat all the Quests, and collect all of the Trophies?
To fully master the game you must complete all these challenges:
- Solve over 7,000 clues
- Complete each of the 361 individual puzzles
- Collect all 45 of the prestigious trophies
- Complete all 57 quests
- Unlock all 10 achievements
If you have any questions about the game or want to report a bug or other issue, drop us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
FIND US ON TWITTER: @BigPuzzles
LIKE US: http://www.facebook.com/BigPuzzles
VISIT US: http://www.appynation.com/
WATCH US: http://www.youtube.com/appynation
Have you tried all the World's Biggest puzzles?
- World's Biggest Crossword
- World's Biggest Jigsaw
- World's Biggest Sudoku
- World's Biggest Wordsearch
Hey friends, looking for word search puzzle game. Happy to play crossword puzzle game. In this word search game you will find 15 levels for crossword search. This word search game is very good for kids and everyone, you just need to find the all words listed. Word Search in English for free. Have fun doing it with this addictive word search game.
What you will find in this cross word search game
1) Search for wild animals
2) Search for domestic animals
3) Search for birds
4) Search for fish
5) Search for insects
6) Search for tasty fruits
7) Search for healthy vegetables
8) Search for colorful colors
9) Search for famous sports
10) Search for transportation
11) Search for highest mountains
12) Search for planets of the universe
13) Search for countries
14) Search for Wonders of the world
15) Search for great kings of the world
Stay tuned for game update
"Wow Best way to spend your time. Love this app!"
"praise the Lord This is an awesome app! It helps me see what I know and learn more! Thank you. I am really enjoying this app"
"Great Brainteaser It gives you scripture references for some of the questions, causes you to read the entire chapter to find others and then on others it picks your brain; causing you to do research for your answer... Love it... What a challenge!!!"
"Excellent!!! It helps you learn about the bible and it promotes reading the word of God :)"
Bible Crossword. Enjoy playing Bible based crossword puzzles while you get edified! See how well you know the Bible!
With questions gathered from favourite and inspirational verses, historical accounts, Biblical characters (patriarchs, prophets, kings, judges, widows, prominent historical figures, heroes of faith, mighty men and women of valour, people with moral flaws, etc), the Gospels, the work of the Spirit, Jesus Christ, prophetic books, the reality and remedy for sin, grace and salvation, resurrection of the dead, Christian living, God's love, etc you will surely enjoy and be blessed.
- This app is like a Mustard seed. It's small in size (0.2MB) but comes hundreds of questions in the database
- Get extra questions by downloading them from our server. Simply press Menu -> Download more questions. There are 600+ on the server
- Each puzzle is unique, randomly created every time you choose "New Puzzle"
- Has a custom Keypad that does not get in your way but gives a convenient way to read the puzzle questions even on small screens
- Multiple background colors (themes) to choose from
- Easy navigation through the questions
- The database has a mix of both simple and cryptic questions, questions for those new in the Christian faith and questions for mature in the faith
- Get extra questions by downloading them from our server. Simply press Menu -> Download more questions. There are 600+ on the server
HOW TO PLAY
- Tap/Click in the white boxes when you want to type answers. The currently active cell will be highlighted
- Tap/Click in the empty space to hide the keypad. Click on the Menu to create a New Puzzle, Check Answers, change color themes and more
- To navigate through questions:
* Click on the arrows at the far left or right of the questions or
* Swipe on them with two fingers or
* Swipe on them with one finger
May the __ of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. 2Thes 3:18; Rev 22:21
Currently the app offers only crosswords in Slovak and Czech language.
Start by entering a category name (e.g. "Best Film"). Next, enter the voting options for the category (e.g. the names of the movies that have been nominated as the best film). If you make a mistake you can click the checkbox to remove the voting option from the list.
Once you have completed the first category, tap the right button to create another category and repeat the process as for the first category. Repeat for each category on which you want to vote. Want to remove a category? First remove all of the voting options, then tap the right or left button - the category is automatically removed.
Once all categories are entered, tap the menu hard button and switch to voting mode. If you haven't already set a password, you may be prompted to do so. Keep track of your password - you'll need to enter it to return to admin mode to see the results!
When ready, hand the device to the first voter. He or she will enter his or her name, then select his or her choice for each voting category. Once finished, he or she will submit his or her ballot by tapping "Vote", and the next voter can take a turn. The app will wisely prevent multiple votes from the same name.
Once all votes have been entered, you should retrieve the device and switch back to Admin mode. Your password may be required. The app will indicate to you the winning vote options in each category (in case of a tie, the category will indicate multiple winners), and will also indicate the 'winning' voter (or in the case of a tie, voters); that is to say, the voter(s) who voted for a winning option in the highest number of categories.
Categories and/or voting options can always be added or removed, so feel free to poll your friends early and often!