A4Hike turns your mobile phone into a GPS assistant for your hikes and treks. It has been designed to be lightweight while providing key features for the hiking enthusiasts. A typical use case is to plan your hike using OpenRunner, export it as GPX to your device, go hiking and follow the track with your device checking you don’t move off-track.
A4Hike provides the following features:
* Display your current position in lat/long (decimal and DMS) and UTM;
* Display your current speed/bearing/height
* Record your track as GPX and CSV
* Load a reference track as GPX
* Warn you if you move off-track
* Display tracks & charts
* Input checkpoints
* Display stats in big letters
Be aware that charts and stats strongly rely on the capabilities of the GPS device of your mobile phone and the quality of the reception. You can use the CSV export to post-analyse your trip with computer based tools. Anyway, GPS accuracy is far less important for the big story: mapping and checking your position.
Credits: Icons from Crystal Clear icons set.