Download the latest version of the official Edinburgh bus tracking application for Android. This application will let you view live bus departures for Lothian Buses services and estimated departures for trams in Edinburgh, Scotland.
My Bus Edinburgh has the following features;
* View the next departures for each bus service at each stop serviced by Lothian Buses and estimated times for Edinburgh Trams.
* Keep a list of your favourite bus stops to easily revisit them later.
* Ability to manually enter a bus stop code found at all bus stops to show live times for that stop, or alternatively scan the QR code at the bus stop.
* Fully integrated vector Google Maps which can show your location as well as nearby bus stops and coloured bus routes.
* The map is fully searchable so you can search for places and bus stop names. Includes voice search from Google.
* Get the latest traffic and journey news in the News and Updates section.
* Favourite bus stops can be saved to the home screen on your device for opening easily later.
* Nearest bus stops listing.
* Google Street View linking.
* Integration with Google Backup.
* Italian localisation.
* EXPERIMENTAL FEATURE: add proximity alerts to alert you when you are near a selected bus stop,
* EXPERIMENTAL FEATURE: add bus time alerts to alert you when a selected bus service is near a selected bus stop.
* And more...
* The features you are able to use is dependent on what version of Android is installed on your device. Experimental features are not guaranteed to work correctly - use with caution.
A very big thank you to Anthony Totton for supplying the artwork. A big thank you to Matteo Doni for supplying Italian localisation and thank you to Ross McClymont for helping with beta testing.
This application is officially endorsed by The City of Edinburgh Council and Lothian Buses.
Follow My Bus Edinburgh on Twitter for the latest updates: http://twitter.com/MyBusEdinburgh
Explanation of permissions;
- Network based and GPS locations: used in the bus stop map and nearest bus stops listing to find your location.
- Internet access: used to load bus times, update the bus stop database and load news.
- Access network state: to intelligently use the network only when it is available.
- SD card: backups of favourites are stored here.
- Use Google Services: required to use Google Maps.
- Vibrate: used for alerts.
Disclaimer: this application does not support any other operator in Edinburgh than Lothian Buses (because it is not technically possible). The data comes straight from the My Bus Tracker service, operated by The City of Edinburgh Council. While The City of Edinburgh Council and Lothian Buses endorse this app, they do not take any responsibility for it.
All data given by the application is a computational estimation and as such, should be treated as a guide only.
Keywords: edinburgh, bus, tracker, official, lothian, buses, tram, trams
A real time bus tracker for LRT Lothian buses and trams written by Andrew de Quincey and Colin Paton, using data from the CEC My Bus Tracker website. Please visit http://code.google.com/p/redbus/ for more information.
* If something isn't working right and you have the time to spare, could you please send an email as well as commenting. It greatly speeds up fixing things if we can ask for more detail on the problem than Market comments allow (although we do appreciate those too).
* If the app "goes missing" after a recent update, I'm informed that uninstalling+reinstalling it using "Settings>Applications>Manage Applications" should restore it.
* If you have a homescreen icon on an HTC Sense phone, the picture will not be updated until you reboot. However, it should function just as before without a reboot. We can't do anything about this issue as it appears to be an HTC bug.
* We are unable to use the new pre-caching or vector maps support as seen in the most recent Google Maps versions. These features are only available internally within the Google Maps application itself, and Google have made no way to use them from an external application. Therefore, we are stuck with the basic bitmap-based maps with no pre-caching until Google decide to support this. If they ever do, we would definitely want to use it.
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
* 100% offline and up-to-date, because the map data comes from the OpenStreetMap project.
* Browse the map on different zoom levels.
* Display your current location on the map.
* Find streets by name, but also other points of interest like attractions, museums, hotels, and many more.
* In the premium edition you can also sort points of interest by their distance and apply other search filters.
* Select the elements visible on the map.
Guide 4T is a mobile app that helps you find nearby attractions, hotels, most popular restaurants, nightclubs, sights, museums, ATM, pharmacies.
This smart and intelligent mobile city guides are created to help plan your trip.
☆☆☆ Features of City Guide:
☆ Sights & Attractions list
- multilingual description with photo
- direction and route on map
☆ Weather forecast
☆ Offline Currency Converter
☆ Multilingual interface (english, chinese, spanish, german, japanese, korean, russian, french, portuguese)
☆ Place Finder with complete information about object (adress with map, users rating, route, website, phone number)
Restaurant / Bar / Night club / Lodging / Hotel / Museum / Pharmacy / ATM / Bank / Gas station
☆ City Trips added and recommended by users ☆
- Interactive map & route with POI
- Trip photos
- Description, distance
☆ Event manager with with full information about the event
☆ Interactive map of the city
☆☆☆ What people are saying about our guides:
- Yriy: "Thing Excellent idea!"
- Zeynepalp: "Very nice Istalbul guide"
- Kaka: "Jakarta city guide Great !!!!"
- Frank: "Bueno Me gustó esta app tiene futuro si recibe actualizaciones constantes" (Well I liked this app has a future if it receives constant updates)
- Luis: "Buena Me gusta la interfaz, es fluido y encuentras de todo." (Good I like the interface, is fluid and find everything.)
- Victor: "Muito bom, informa o tempo a visibilidade humidade, eventos q vao acontecer no Rj bem atualizado. Perfeito" (Very good, tells time visibility humidity, events happen in vain Rio de Janeiro. Perfect)
Edinburgh (i/ˈɛdɪnbʌrə/ ed-in-burr-ə; Scottish Gaelic: Dùn Èideann) is the capital of Scotland and seat of the Scottish Parliament and Government.
Located in the south-east of Scotland, on the southern shore of the Firth of Forth, its population of 448,624 (in 2001) makes it the country's the second largest city.
The historical character of much of the city centre, comprising the Old Town and New Town, has led to its recognition as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The city hosts several annual festivals including the Edinburgh International Festival, the Edinburgh Fringe and the Edinburgh International Book Festival. Other annual events include the Hogmanay Street Party and the Beltane Fire Festival.
Edinburgh attracts over 1 million overseas visitors a year, making it the second most visited tourist destination in the United Kingdom after London.
Just download, signup, and buy tickets to use directly on your Android device, right in the app, with a registered debit or credit card. A minimum of spend of £10 applies to ticket purchases, however you can mix and match any combination of tickets to reach this.
M-tickets also links to Transport for Edinburgh's bus service information app for a simple customer experience across the bus and tram network. For more information visit www.tfeapp.com.
For Edinburgh and every airport (2500+) you get:
+Live Arrival and Departure boards
+Google Flights and Google Hotel Finder results displayed
+Food and restaurants
Edinburgh Airport (EDI) is the largest airport in Scotland. The airport is located about west of the city and is accessible by several dedicated bus services. Construction has begun to connect the airport to the city by a light rail link. This app provides complete information including parking, food and restaurants, terminal maps, directions and more.
No other app provides as much information on Edinburgh Airport--useful information you need.
See restaurants, shops, transportation to and from airport and Wifi. Airport lets you know if your flights delayed or cancelled and gives you the tools needed to quickly find an alternate flight and rebook all in one place.
Check-in, flight status, baggage, seats, for your flight all at your fingertips.
In addition, you can access information on virtually every airport you fly to from Edinburgh. We include Glasgow, Inverness, and all the London Airports, Manchester, Birmingham and all the small and medium airports of the world (2400+).
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities.
Edinburgh Offline Guide is a guide application as never seen before. It provides unique combinations of the features like:
1. No more doubts what you're looking at. The guide activates immediately while approaching the tourist sight.
You will receive notification on your Android Wear smartwatch (if available) or the guide will start reading information about the sight using Text-to-Speech engine.
2. Record your walking path and export to KML to show-off to your friends using Google Earth.
3. Add photos at each visited sight and publish them afterwards as a Facebook album with a single click.
4. Location sharing with other Edinburgh Offline Guide users via SMS.
5. Street View intergrated!
Edinburgh Offline Guide is a free Android application that lets you experience new way of exploring tourist sites.
Leave your paper guidebook behind. You will never miss another important attraction (Point of Interest - POI). Enjoy discovering the city hands-free, with the smart-phone in your pocket, and headphones in your ears. When the pocket guide detects that you are passing something important, the guide will notify you about it and tell the story behind it. It is like having a personal audio guide with you.
Additionally you can check yourself for the facts, and use build in on-line and off-line map with your GPS position for orientation. You can sort the sites by distance and their attractiveness. The guide will show you what's around the corner and how to get there.
Moreover, now you can create your travel journal by taking photos (with your comments) at each attraction and publishing it as album on Facebook - no more manual photo coping.
Upon each start the app will also check for the current weather of the place of your visit.
Edinburgh Offline Guide is an application that provides Edinburgh city map, subway map, landmarks list, hotel information, phone directory, useful phrases in local language and bars and restaurant information. If you visit Edinburgh or live there, it will be the necessary application.
Enjoy your life in Edinburgh, this guide can be very helpful to you.
Should you have any problems using this app - before giving us a bad rating - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be happy to help you.
Flight information, indoor maps, weather, hotels, airport information.
• 3 days worth of arrivals and departures information (yesterday, today and tomorrow)
• Detailed map showing your current location within the airport, location of restaurants, bars, banks, toilets, shops etc.
• General airport information (from Wikipedia) and airport news (from Twitter)
• Facility to locate and book hotels nearby
• 5 Day local weather forecast
Other airport apps available are London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Paris Charles de Gaulle, Frankfurt, Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Zurich and many more.
Quickly view, read up on, and then navigate to the top-10 visitor attractions in the city of Edinburgh, Scotland, with each location clearly and conveniently pinpointed in Google Maps for easy reference.
A great starting guide for any newcomer exploring the city for the first time, each featured neighborhood includes a short description of sites of greatest interest, historical facts associated with the area, tips for travelers, and noteworthy nearby venues.
Instead of crowding in with packs of tourists on a hop-on-hop-off city bus tour, or getting lost in a tangle of city center maps and obscure unmarked back streets, use this app to navigate a new metropolis self-sufficiently and at your own pace, while still ensuring you hit all the major highlights.
Locate amenities without swiping or searching:
With standard mapping Apps, amenities are not usually shown, not searchable, or visible only when you zoom in. So, you end up swiping left and right or up and down randomly, attempting to find the nearest public toilets for example. With this App all amenities are clearly marked and visible at all zoom levels.
Find available amenities before you go:
Not in Edinburgh yet? The App automatically switches to simulation mode. 'Fly' to any place on the map like Superman and discover the available amenities before you go there!
Use the map and keep your privacy:
This App does not require any internet connection so you don't need 3G or Wi-Fi to use the offline map. And more importantly your location is not tracked and stored on some company's computer.
We even offer you a 20% discount as well!
Our brand new Smart Booker 2 App allows you to make a booking in just 3 taps using Quick Book!
Far superior to other apps such as Uber or Hailo.
Our booking office is fully licensed by Edinburgh Council and all our private hire taxi cars and drivers are fully licensed and insured.
With over 300 vehicles ranging from saloon cars to 8 seater MPV’s, you can trust us to pick you up quickly and safely.
Using the app, you can:
•Received 20% discount off all metered fares
•See all “Available” cars near you
•See all “Soon to Clear” cars near you
•See all cars near you
•See an ETA for your booking
•Get a Quote for your journey
•Make a booking
•Add multiple pick-ups (Vias) to your booking
•Choose the vehicle type, Saloon, Estate, MPV…
•Edit a booking
•Check the status of your booking
•Cancel a booking
•Book a return trip
•Track your booked vehicle on a map
•See an ETA for your booking
•See a picture of your driver
•Contact your driver via the app
•Manage your previous bookings
•Manage your favourite addresses
•Pay by Cash, Card or Account
•Have a message automatically sent to a “Buddy” when your car arrives so they can track where you are.
•While you’re in the vehicle, trigger a “Track Me” message to a contact so you can feel secure in the knowledge they know where you are.
•Receive an email confirmation on each booking
•Receive a Text-Back or Ring-Back alert on arrival of your vehicle
•Connect with the our Twitter and Facebook pages
The App is intended for U.K. use only, and therefore all addresses are restricted to within the U.K
Walking tours included in this application are:
* Edinburgh Religious Tour (6 sights)
* Religious Buildings (7 sights)
* Cathedrals and Chapels (6 sights)
* Architectural Landmarks (8 sights)
* Art Galleries and Centers (6 sights)
* Famous Squares and Streets (8 sights)
* Edinburgh Landmarks (8 sights)
* Gay and Lesbian Nightlife (5 sights)
* Museums Walking Tour (6 sights)
* City Orientation Tour (11 sights)
* Daily Life Tour (6 sights)
* Most Popular Pubs (7 sights)
* Specialty Shops (6 sights)
* Kids Entertainment (6 sights)
* Craft Shops (6 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Using our Journey Planner you can find your way around Scotland's capital quickly and easily using Lothian Buses - you can even search for the hotel, bed and breakfast or hostel you're staying in, and tapping 'Take Me Home' will tell you the quickest way to get there - day or night!
Visit some of Edinburgh's most popular attractions - we've got them listed here, as well as which of our great bus tours stop nearby - making it easier than ever to see more of the city during your stay.
Here's some of the great features:
• Journey Planner letting you easily get from one part of the city to another
• Find the nearest bus stops to you - with live departure boards
• Experience Edinburgh Bus Tours with descriptions and maps
• Get to and from the airport easily with AIRLINK
• 'Take Me Home' shows you how to get back to your accommodation easily at any time
• Walking Tours: starting with the historic port of Leith, we've put together a fabulous audio walking tour to entertain and enthral!
If you have any information or feedback or if you want to see something new, please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com