Just download, signup, and buy tickets to use directly on your Android device, right in the app, with a registered debit or credit card. A minimum of spend of £10 applies to ticket purchases, however you can mix and match any combination of tickets to reach this.
M-tickets also links to Transport for Edinburgh's bus service information app for a simple customer experience across the bus and tram network. For more information visit www.tfeapp.com.
Download the latest version of the official Edinburgh bus tracking application for Android. This application will let you view live bus departures for Lothian Buses services and estimated departures for trams in Edinburgh, Scotland.
My Bus Edinburgh has the following features;
* View the next departures for each bus service at each stop serviced by Lothian Buses and estimated times for Edinburgh Trams.
* Keep a list of your favourite bus stops to easily revisit them later.
* Ability to manually enter a bus stop code found at all bus stops to show live times for that stop, or alternatively scan the QR code at the bus stop.
* Fully integrated vector Google Maps which can show your location as well as nearby bus stops and coloured bus routes.
* The map is fully searchable so you can search for places and bus stop names. Includes voice search from Google.
* Get the latest traffic and journey news in the News and Updates section.
* Favourite bus stops can be saved to the home screen on your device for opening easily later.
* Nearest bus stops listing.
* Google Street View linking.
* Integration with Google Backup.
* Italian localisation.
* EXPERIMENTAL FEATURE: add proximity alerts to alert you when you are near a selected bus stop,
* EXPERIMENTAL FEATURE: add bus time alerts to alert you when a selected bus service is near a selected bus stop.
* And more...
* The features you are able to use is dependent on what version of Android is installed on your device. Experimental features are not guaranteed to work correctly - use with caution.
A very big thank you to Anthony Totton for supplying the artwork. A big thank you to Matteo Doni for supplying Italian localisation and thank you to Ross McClymont for helping with beta testing.
This application is officially endorsed by The City of Edinburgh Council and Lothian Buses.
Follow My Bus Edinburgh on Twitter for the latest updates: http://twitter.com/MyBusEdinburgh
Explanation of permissions;
- Network based and GPS locations: used in the bus stop map and nearest bus stops listing to find your location.
- Internet access: used to load bus times, update the bus stop database and load news.
- Access network state: to intelligently use the network only when it is available.
- SD card: backups of favourites are stored here.
- Use Google Services: required to use Google Maps.
- Vibrate: used for alerts.
Disclaimer: this application does not support any other operator in Edinburgh than Lothian Buses (because it is not technically possible). The data comes straight from the My Bus Tracker service, operated by The City of Edinburgh Council. While The City of Edinburgh Council and Lothian Buses endorse this app, they do not take any responsibility for it.
All data given by the application is a computational estimation and as such, should be treated as a guide only.
Keywords: edinburgh, bus, tracker, official, lothian, buses, tram, trams
A real time bus tracker for LRT Lothian buses and trams written by Andrew de Quincey and Colin Paton, using data from the CEC My Bus Tracker website. Please visit http://code.google.com/p/redbus/ for more information.
* If something isn't working right and you have the time to spare, could you please send an email as well as commenting. It greatly speeds up fixing things if we can ask for more detail on the problem than Market comments allow (although we do appreciate those too).
* If the app "goes missing" after a recent update, I'm informed that uninstalling+reinstalling it using "Settings>Applications>Manage Applications" should restore it.
* If you have a homescreen icon on an HTC Sense phone, the picture will not be updated until you reboot. However, it should function just as before without a reboot. We can't do anything about this issue as it appears to be an HTC bug.
* We are unable to use the new pre-caching or vector maps support as seen in the most recent Google Maps versions. These features are only available internally within the Google Maps application itself, and Google have made no way to use them from an external application. Therefore, we are stuck with the basic bitmap-based maps with no pre-caching until Google decide to support this. If they ever do, we would definitely want to use it.
The app features:
• A journey planner for public transport options between any two locations in Scotland, featuring all bus, coach, rail, Glasgow Subway and ferry routes,
• Departure boards showing next scheduled buses at every stop in Great Britain! Live bus times are shown in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee, Angus, Ayrshire, Inverness area and Orkney where available,
• View live rail departures for all stations in Scotland,
• Transport times also shown for Scottish ferry terminals and Glasgow Subway stations, together with local taxi details relevant to your location,
• See full Scottish routes on the map, with all scheduled calling points and stop times displayed,
• News & Notices affecting public transport services,
• Contact details for all Scottish public transport operators.
For the strategic road network, the app provides direct access to Traffic Scotland. This section features:
• Current trunk road incident information,
• Live-Eye Views from motorway and trunk road cameras,
• Current journey times for major routes,
• Details of current and planned roadworks,
• Regularly updated weather and planned events info.
You can also listen to the latest live travel information on the Traffic Scotland Radio player.
This App allows you to book a Licensed Taxi from City Cabs.
• Confirm, Cancel and Edit Bookings
• Track your Cab using GPS
• Save favourite addresses to allow quicker booking
• Book jobs to and from Edinburgh Airport
The City Cabs App is intended for U.K use only, and therefore all addresses are restricted to within the U.K
**New** Available for Android Wear - view nearby lines and get next arrival times right from your watch
Supports major US cities (including NY, Chicago, Miami, SF, Boston, LA, DC) & hundreds more worldwide.
** “It'll make your commute and your trips out and around town for fun that much easier” - LifeHacker **
** Featured in NYTimes, TechCrunch, FastCompany, & more **
►OmniSearch: Discover the best routes to anywhere in your city. Search for a place, address or station to compare transit options and see detailed directions all the way there (combining any and all local transit types including bus, light rail, ferry, train, metro, subway, tram, rail and streetcar)
►Near me: See what's nearby and explore your surroundings on the map. Find the closest stops and check next arrival times, so you're never stuck waiting at the station. Get directions to your destination via the best and shortest route
►Favorites: Add your home, work and other favorite places for instant trip planning. See next arrival times for your favorite lines, and even check your trip history for easy repeat travels
►En Route: A simple click will allow you control your journey, even if your plans or destination change. Just tap Start to see your updated ETA and be notified as you go
►Live reports: Improve everyone’s ride by reporting useful information about station crowdedness, cleanliness, live events, even incidents. Receive notifications from your local operator, when available. Planning your transit is easier when you know what to expect
►Comprehensive transit maps: See an overview of your local transit maps (PDF viewer required)
How is Moovit "community-powered”?
The power of Moovit stems in our cooperation with you, our amazing users. We start with complete schedule-based transit information, and, with your help, mix in real-time data about current transit times and conditions. Just by using Moovit, you’re helping everyone else plan their transit (and lives) better. En route, you can even send active reports about the ride or station to let others know what to expect. Spread the word and help your community get there on time!
Ride with Moovit in 100+ cities across the US:
New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Austin, Seattle, Miami, and more.
Moovit supports all major transit operators including:
MTA, New Jersey Transit, LIRR, MBTA, WMATA, SEPTA, CTA, Pace, LA Metro, Metrolink, SFMTA, AC Trans, BART, VTA, OCTA, Amtrak, King County Metro, Miami Dade Transit, MDT, Metro, Muni, MARTA, RTD, CATA, MWRTA, Metrorail, Bart, Beeline Bus, Norwalk Transit, Dash Ladot, DC circulator, Torrance Transit and more…
(Including: Muni map, Path Train schedule, WMATA next bus, next Caltrain, METRA schedule Chicago etc.)
Moovit is a worldwide app! You can find us in hundreds of cities around the world including: UK (London, Birmingham, Manchester), Spain (Barcelona, Madrid), Italy (Rome, Milan, Napoli), France (Paris, Bordeaux), Poland (Warsaw, Lublin, and more), Sweden (Stockholm), Finland (Helsinki), Hungary (Budapest), Russia (Moscow), Netherlands, Israel, Brazil (Rio, Sao Paulo), Chile (Santiago), Colombia (Bogota), Mexico City, Peru (Lima), New Zealand, Philippines (Manila), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Greece (Athens), South Korea (Seoul), Norway (Oslo).
Common misspellings: moveit, movit, move it, muvit, mubit, movit, mobit, moovet
Let's stay connected:
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/moovit
* Follow us on Twitter: @moovit
* Check out our website: www.moovitapp.com
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
* 100% offline and up-to-date, because the map data comes from the OpenStreetMap project.
* Browse the map on different zoom levels.
* Display your current location on the map.
* Find streets by name, but also other points of interest like attractions, museums, hotels, and many more.
* In the premium edition you can also sort points of interest by their distance and apply other search filters.
* Select the elements visible on the map.
Use your device to download live arrival times obtained from the real-time GPS tracking units installed in all public transport vehicles (trams, buses and trolleybuses). The app connects directly to Timisoara's Transport Authority (RATT) servers and presents the arrival information in a format optimized for mobile devices.
Features a utilitarian interface designed for quick browsing and information access. Arrival times are displayed using two formats:
- N min the live time, obtained via GPS until the vehicle arrives in the station
- HH:MM the scheduled vehicle arrival time. The scheduled time will most commonly be displayed when the vehicle has not yet left the end-station (i.e. no vehicle heading your way)
- Display live vehicle arrival times for all stations from a line.
- Display arrival times for connecting lines
- Does not require GPS activated on your device (saves battery)
- A version with a smaller memory footprint version is available for users with lower storage capacity (520k)
App website: http://mihaibalint.github.com/TimisoaraPublicTransport/
Special thanks to RATT and the people at http://www.ratt.ro/forum
- Internet connection to download live times
- Memory card access for caching
Whether you are a student, a tourist or a local, Transport Urban is the perfect journey planner kit: map, stops, routes, directions and everything else you might need, all wrapped up in a smooth interface. Plan your routes in seconds, share them with your friends or save them for later viewing, buy tickets & subscriptions*.
- clean and easy to use interface;
- map with bus / tram / subway stations;
- easy to understand, step-by-step directions;
- estimated distances, times and journey costs;
- visual feedback: view / explore your route on the map;
- search: streets & relevant points of interest;
- gps: set your current location as departure / arrival point;
- advanced planning options;
- Romanian & English languages;
- always up to date.
* tickets and/or subscriptions are currently available only in selected cities.
Why all the extra permissions?
- read / edit / receive / send SMS - we use this permission to send, receive and display tickets and subscriptions; see cities list for availability
- other permissions are used for checking network connectivity, GPS location, caching maps and data on your SD card, push notifications etc.
Note: Internet connection required - no offline mode (yet). To ensure fast and up to date results, route calculations are performed by our web server.
Visit our full-featured web app at: www.transporturban.ro
*** N.B. Subscription required for full access to real-time bus departures outside of London ***
► Bus ► Train ► Tram ► Underground ► Ferry
The most complete UK transport app available!
What you need to know, when and where you need it.
► Live and scheduled departures available for Bus, Train, Tram, Underground and Ferry
► Unique, A to B route finder
► Departures for future date/times
► Routes and journey times (view as list or map)
► Early platform indication for trains
► Stop locations accurately marked on a map
► Tap route stops (list or map) to get connection times
► "Go to my location" function and location tracking
► Advanced location search works with post codes, street addresses, places, points of interest etc.
► Filter departure boards
► Store and edit favorite stops
► Recall recent stops
► Street view of stop locations
► Choice of 2/5 line widgets (with subscription)
Intuitive to use:
► Tap stop markers to see info bubbles - tap the info bubbles to see the departures boards.
► Tap departures to show routes and journey times - choose to view on the map or as a list. (Note that this is probably the only app that can differentiate between route alternatives for the same service!)
► A to B route finder:
Not sure which bus to take? You say from where, to where and when, let route finder do the rest.
The Route Finder scans the timetables to find the best options, with from/to stops, departure and arrival times. Tap an option to show on the map. Easy!
1. Switch on "Track me" to show your progress along a route - useful if you are not familiar with the route.
2. Tap the "disclosure" icon on the map info-bubbles to see more options for a stop (** now including departures for future date/times! **). Try "Long press" on the "Favorites" or "Recent" stop lists too.
4. To get the latest stop update, use the "Refresh" menu item on the map. Alternatively, use "Preferences-> Clear stops" to refresh all stops.
Travel information at its very best - never miss another bus!
Live departures outside of London provided by Traveline;
Live London Bus (TfL Countdown) and Underground departures by Transport for London.
Journey plans in the Midlands and South East (beta) by Traveline S&EA
Train information by TMU Limited, using data provided by of Network Rail Infrastructure Limited, licensed under this http://www.networkrail.co.uk/data-feeds/terms-and-conditions">licence.
UK Coverage - works right across mainland Britain (England, Scotland and Wales), including London, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Glasgow, Swansea, Leeds, Sheffield, Bristol, Oxford, Cambridge, York, Newcastle, Stoke, Southampton, Plymouth, Nottingham, Derby, Leicester...
and counties throughout England, Scotland and Wales:
Avon, Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire, Cleveland, Cornwall, Cumberland, Cumbria, Derbyshire, Devon, Dorset, Durham, Essex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Herefordshire, Hertfordshire, Humberside, Huntingdonshire, Kent, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire, London, Merseyside, Middlesex, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Northumberland, Humberside, Nottinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Rutland, Shropshire (Salop), Somerset, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Surrey, Sussex, Tyne and Wear, Warwickshire, West Midlands, Westmorland, Wiltshire, Worcestershire, Yorkshire, Aberdeenshire, Caithness, Cromartyshire, Dumfriesshire, Dunbartonshire, Lothian, City of Edinburgh, Fife, Glasgow, Inverness-shire, Kinross-shire, Midlothian, Moray (Elginshire) and more.
* Live departures not available in all areas
Если вы окажетесь в незнакомом месте, приложение поможет из него выбраться: подскажет, где ближайшие остановки и какой транспорт на них останавливается. Для каждого маршрута можно посмотреть схему движения и понять, подходит ли он вам. Остановки и постоянно используемые маршруты можно добавлять в избранное, чтобы каждый раз не искать их заново.
Сейчас Яндекс.Транспорт работает в Москве и Московской области, Санкт-Петербурге, Екатеринбурге, Казани, Омске, Нижнем Новгороде, Новосибирске, Перми, Воронеже, Калининграде, Красноярске, Челябинске, Череповце, Липецке, Киеве и Астане (правда, для некоторых городов у нас пока нет информации о всех видах транспорта). Этот список будет пополняться, а у приложения со временем появятся новые возможности — следите за обновлениями.
The app works without a network connection and provides timetables for the following Minsk public transport:
Application features :
- view information about all public transport routes in Minsk
- view information about the route stops list
- timetables for each stop
- save favorite routes and stops for quick access
- automatic update of timetables (when network is available)
Теги: minsktrans, minsk, minsk transport
Whether a cash or account customer, our user-friendly app allows you to book your taxi and jump the queue!
• Request your taxi for ASAP or pre-book your journeys ahead of time
• Track your taxi live on a map
• Save your favourite addresses
• Manage your booking history
• Receive an automated call-back on your phone when your vehicle is on approach
• Now includes the ‘Buddy Me’ feature allowing friends to track each other. Have a message automatically sent to a “Buddy” when your car arrives so they can track where you are. While you’re in the vehicle, trigger a “Track Me” message to a buddy so you can feel secure in the knowledge they know where you are.
Book with our new and improved smartphone app and continue to pay by cash, debit/credit card or on account.
Central Taxis is Edinburgh's largest black taxi company. For over 45 years we have been Edinburgh's most reliable taxi service. A co-operative with over 1300 drivers from Edinburgh’s local community, Central Taxis is proud to operate Scotland’s first Carbon Neutral taxi company with over 460 wheelchair accessible BLACK CABS serving you 24/7.
By choosing Central Taxis you'll always get there Faster, Greener and Safer.
The application is a convenient stop searching for the keyword and the search stops near your location (you need the GPS module in the phone). You can also create a list of favorite stops, which use every day.
In future versions we will add more features, including viewing the route network of the city, building the optimal route of travel on public transport.
Forecasts are calculated on the basis of traffic information which we provide our partners in the regions. So, if you do not find a route in the forecasts, it either means that transport is not equipped with GLONASS / GPS terminal or the terminal is faulty / not working at the moment, either to us, in principle, does not receive information on the route.
Forecasts on the server are updated every 20-40 seconds, the calculation takes into account the current traffic jams.
Using our Journey Planner you can find your way around Scotland's capital quickly and easily using Lothian Buses - you can even search for the hotel, bed and breakfast or hostel you're staying in, and tapping 'Take Me Home' will tell you the quickest way to get there - day or night!
Visit some of Edinburgh's most popular attractions - we've got them listed here, as well as which of our great bus tours stop nearby - making it easier than ever to see more of the city during your stay.
Here's some of the great features:
• Journey Planner letting you easily get from one part of the city to another
• Find the nearest bus stops to you - with live departure boards
• Experience Edinburgh Bus Tours with descriptions and maps
• Get to and from the airport easily with AIRLINK
• 'Take Me Home' shows you how to get back to your accommodation easily at any time
• Walking Tours: starting with the historic port of Leith, we've put together a fabulous audio walking tour to entertain and enthral!
If you have any information or feedback or if you want to see something new, please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com