#19 Top New Free Android App Worldwide*
• Comprehensive list of mountains in the Philippines (from peaks and ranges near Metro Manila, up to northern Luzon and Batanes, down to Mindanao and the Visayas islands)
• Vast collection of mountain information, maps, photos, and videos
• Mountains can be sorted alphabetically, by elevation, by climbing difficulty, or by location (Find out the nearest mountains around you!)
• Mountains currently closed for hiking are marked
• Includes weather information (with remarks whether an excellent/good/fair/poor day for hiking)
• Aggregated photos from Instagram and Google Images
• Choose between Terrain (default), Satellite, Normal, or Hybrid view
• See your current location relative to the mountains (Useful when identifying peaks around you)
• Keep track of your hikes
• Automatically plotted on a separate map
• Two separate lists (and maps): ‘Climbed’ and ‘Wanna Climb’
• Share it to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• Shows a quotation every time you open the app (about mountains, nature, adventure, and the great outdoors)
• Tap the refresh button for a new one if you just can’t get enough ;)
• Share quotes directly from the app either as text or an image
OUTDOOR STORE LOCATOR
• Find out the nearest stores from your location where you can shop for your hiking backpacks, clothing, jackets, tents, sleeping bags, equipment, gear and accessories from top brands such as Deuter, Merrell, Mountain Hardware, Columbia Sportswear, Chris Sports, and Lagalag, among many others!
• Share tips and experiences in the Comments tab (per mountain)
• See Twitter and Instagram posts tagged with the hashtag #PHMountainsApp in the Social Media Feed section
• Personalize the app
• Choose between metric and imperial units
• Set the total image cache size limit
• INTERNET - Used to fetch data from sources
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - Used to check if internet connection is available
• WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Used to cache images. Can be customized in settings.
• ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - Used to determine the user's distance from the mountain(s). Can be manually disabled in settings.
• BILLING - Used to make an in-app purchase (e.g. To remove the ads)
• GET_ACCOUNTS - Used to save backup of hikes to sync with new or several devices
*Sports category, as of 12/10/14
Presented by Black Diamond.
- Comprehensive database of rock climbing areas and routes
- Works OFFLINE (no cell reception needed once data is downloaded)
- High resolution photos
- Syncs with your existing MountainProject.com account
- Read and post to the Mountain Project Forum.
- Browse areas, routes, photos, ticks, and comments at the crag or on the rock
- Download your local areas, trip destinations, or all 75,000+ routes worldwide
- Set bookmarks for your favorite routes and areas
- Download high-res photos, one at a time or for a whole area
- Sync your ticks, star ratings, and to do's with your MP account
- Search for routes and areas
- See maps and directions to areas
- Stay up to date with weekly data updates – you always have the freshest beta
- Terms of Service: http://www.mountainproject.com/scripts/TermsOfUse.php
Do you want to go hiking on the mountains? Do you want to climb the highest picks, to visit glacial lakes, to walk around mountain villages or to see large waterfalls?
Mountaineering Club “Ljuboten” and Macedonian Ecologic Society have provided that for you.
Exploring Shar Mountain is an application that will introduce you to the beauties of Shar Mountain; it will guide you to certain places giving you a pleasure to enjoy beautiful landscapes; it will provide you information about the mountain, the value of the mountain, the diversity of the flora and of the local places.
Using the GPS of your mobile device, this application will guide you on the chosen hiking trails.
When you select the link hiking trails, you will find the twelve most attractive hiking trails on Shar Mountain. For each one, you will find a short description and characteristics of the trail, its length and approximate time needed for the certain tour, as well as information about the terrain and the flora diversity. Each hiking trail has offline topographic map and choosing find me you are located on the trail and you can start moving.
Selecting points of interest you will find the most interesting places on Shar Mountain such as mountain huts, the highest peak, the largest glacial lake and the biggest waterfall with a short description and a link that will lead you to the map and will locate the chosen point of interest.
This application will help you explore Shar Mountain on your own, but bear in mind that the best information can only be obtained from the experienced local guides who can show you the most hidden places of the mountain
Enjoy Exploring Shar Mountain!!!
Features a GPS enabled, highly visual trail map. Find your location and see where your friends are. Check the live weather conditions, daily resort video reports, live webcams, and lift reports. Stay up to date on all the resort conditions. Check in’s, live social interaction, and friend finder can keep your snow experience fun and exciting. Easily access all of the mountains deals and be the first to find out about upcoming events. Complete mountain specific challenges around locations, vertical, distance and speed!
** Interactive GPS Trail Map **
GPS location enabled
See friend’s locations right on the trail map
See trail and grooming information
View images and videos taken around the resort
** Check In **
Check in when you’re are at mountain
Track the number of days you ride
** Find Friends **
View friends that are also at the hill right on the trail map
** Deals and Events **
Resort deals and coupons
View upcoming events at the mountain
** Webcams and Videos **
View live resort webcams
Watch videos taken at the resort
** Social Interaction **
Social wall shows what everyone is saying
Use Facebook or Twitter to post your own messages
** Daily Video Report **
Watch the daily snow report
** Live Weather **
Quickly get the current conditions
View the 5 day forecast
** In-depth Snow Reports **
Get the current mountain conditions
** Trail and Lift Reporting **
Get trial, terrain park, and lift status
Complete all sorts of fun challenges around your
Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.