Pebble Rocker is an ever-growing collection of Pebble Watch apps that work in conjunction with your Android device to enhance your Pebble smart watch.
Included Watch Apps
- Android Settings: View & change Android settings from your watch.
- Battery Level: view Android battery level and receive low battery notification (optional).
- Ringtone: view/change state (silent/vibrate/normal) and volume.
- Media Volume: view/change media volume.
- Wifi: enable/disable wifi.
- Bluetooth: enable/disable bluetooth.
- Chopper (Game): See how long you can navigate the Chopper through the perilous caverns.
- Camera Control: Use your Pebble watch to take photos with your phone.
- Use your Pebble watch to take photos with your phone.
- Take an instant photo or use a timer from 5-30 seconds.
- Turn flash on/off/auto from your Pebble.
- Switch between rear/front camera from your Pebble.
- Turn camera sounds on/off from your Pebble.
- Automatically preview taken photo on your watch.
- Facebook: browse your Facebook feed on your Pebble watch.
- View feed entry picture (the picture associated with a status update / wall post).
- View feed entry comments.
- Foursquare: find nearby venues and check in from your Pebble watch.
- Check in directly from your watch.
- Check in options: private, public, Facebook, & Twitter.
- Twitter: browse your home timeline on your pebble watch.
- Events: find activities in your area such as music, community events, conferences and more.
- Photos: browse your Android photo gallery on your Pebble watch.
- Configure how your photos are converted for viewing using five adjustable filters.
- Configure which folders are searched for photos.
- Tip Calculator: quickly calculate 10, 15 and 20% tips (including totals) when dining out.
- Phone Pager: use your Pebble watch to find your misplaced Android device (or use your phone to find you watch).
- Ringtone: selectable ringtone and adjustable volume.
- Vibrate: vibrate the phone when being paged.
- Strobe Light: strobes the camera flash when being paged (may not work on older devices).
- Page your Pebble watch from you phone (vibration / backlight).
- App Bundles: multiple options for Utilities and Social bundles to save app slots.
- Read / Write External Storage: used to install apps to Pebble watch and log Pebble Rocker errors.
- Camera / Flashlight: used by Phone Pager to create strobe light and Camera Control to take pictures.
- Record Video / Audio: used by Camera Control to record video (with sound).
- Disable Keyguard: used by Phone Pager and Camera Control to turn on screen (for legacy devices).
- Vibrate: used by Phone Pager to vibrate phone when being paged.
- Network Communication: used by Facebook, Foursquare, Twitter & Events apps. Also used for Analytics (can be disabled).
- Location: used by Foursquare & Events to find nearby venues.
- Access Wifi State / Change Wifi State: used by Android Settings to manage wifi state.
- Bluetooth / Bluetooth Admin: used by Android Settings to manage wifi state.
- Built-in file browser,
- Support for different character sets,
- Customizable appearance,
- Automatic detection of charset.
The application works only when connected Pebble to the phone .
For basic troubleshooting steps (like if you can't get notifications to send), please visit: https://github.com/dattas/pebble-notifier/wiki/Troubleshooting
This is also bridge between the Pebble application and Tasker. It will let you send notifications of your making to your Pebble. Simply fill out the title and body of the message you want sent to your Pebble and off you go!
Get the source code and contribute at: https://github.com/dattas/pebble-notifier
Please note I am not affiliated with Pebble or Tasker, but am a huge fan of both products!
Pebble TaskWatch for Pebble SmartWatch is a set of Pebble SDK 2 watchfaces customizable through Tasker and with full button support.
This is a do-it-yourself app for fine-tuning your watchfaces through Tasker, so a good knowledge of Tasker and some spare time are recommended :-)
REQUIRES TASKER BY CRAFTY APPS AND PEBBLE FIRMWARE 2.0 INSTALLED
You can associate any Tasker task with:
- Top Button Click/Double Click/Long Click
- Middle Button Click/Double Click/Long Click
- Bottom Button Click/Double Click/Long Click
You can insert in the watchfaces up to 9 custom text layers updatable from Tasker.
The layers 1-7 can contain date/time/battery expressions and can be up to 25 characters long, while the 8th/9th can be up to 100 characters long.
You can display up to 5 icons chosen from a list in the formats 16x16 or 32x32. The icons can be updated from Tasker.
Currently the supported watchfaces are:
- Empty white/Empty black (to use the text layers/icons with plain background)
- Tasker (to display current tasks description, text layers/icons are disabled in this face)
- Classic Analog + No Date/Pebble variants
- Text Watch
- Pebble Mini + Bottom variant
- Plain Analog + Ticks/Pebble variants
Through the Tasker plugin you can:
- Launch/close the Watch App
- Change the Watch Face
- Change the text of the text layers, and activate/deactivate them
- Change the icons, and activate/deactivate them
- Set the button tasks to a custom configuration, or reset the default one
- Make the Pebble vibrate
- Show a toast message
- Send an alert to Pebble
- Launch a third party Watch App. Currently the supported Apps are*:
- Music Boss
- Notification Center
- Pebble-Cal 2.0
- Pebble Calendar
- Pebble Cards
- Pebble Dialer
- Pebble RSS
- uTorrent Remote
* If you wish to add other watch apps to the list please contatc me at email@example.com.
Launcher Watch Face:
If you launch another watch app on Pebble, when you close it Pebble will open the current watchface, and not Pebble TaskWatch, since it is a watchapp and not a watchface. The Launcher is an optional "fake" watchface, that when opened will launch Pebble TaskWatch, or one of the third party watch apps listed above.
to extract and install the WatchApps from external storage cache, and to backup/restore settings
to run tasks :-)
If you encounter any issue, please write me at firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Worried about your phone being snatched from your hand while it is unlocked and might contain sensitive information?
Worry no more... All you have to do is press a button on your pebble watch and listen or vice-versa. This will basically help you find your lost phone or pebble.
Sends timely/Distance based GPS position to your email when stolen phone is activated.
Shouts "I have been stolen!" when stolen phone is activated.
Force Vibrate pebble
Force Vibrate Phone
Force Ring phone
Sets phone volume to max
Shows Pebble Signal Strength
Premium ONE TIME Purchase: Pebble Signal finder, Pebble vibrate, No ads
Compatibility: Pebble 2.0 firmware
It is available for Android smartphones and supports multiple notes in a list.
You can sync the app with your Evernote account to easily manage your Pebble WatchNotes from almost everywhere.
- Create and edit notes on your Android phone
- Send the notes to your Pebble smartwatch
- Easily share notes from other apps to WatchNote (Google Keep for example)
- Create a Watchapp that includes your notes to access them without a constant Bluetooth connection (internet connection is needed while creating the Watchapp)
On your Pebble you can switch through notes out of a menu, to display that note.
This application adds an entry to Android's share menu, this allows you to easily send text to the Pebble.
Why is this useful? That depends on your usage, it might not be useful at all! With this, you can pin text to the Pebble without an app on the Pebble that would take a watchapp slot.
How does this work?
The text is sent as a notification to the Pebble, so it uses the internal notifications app. Clicking any button on the Pebble will naturally dismiss the text.
You'll need to Allow notifications while screen is on in the Pebble app.
This is a simple program, it will broadcast an intent when a button on the Pebble Remote app is pressed. The following intents will be broadcast:
app.mathieson.ButtonTextWithoutSpacesLONG (3 button screen only)
Also you can detect the intent this way:
And this intent will carry with it two extras:
"button" - a string extra with the button name
"long" - a boolean, true if the button press was a long button press (always false in menu mode)
You can listen for these using Tasker, Automagic, etc. to create your own profiles and conditions on the phone. You can also set the names of the buttons on the app as well.
If you have any ideas on how to improve either the watch app or the android app please let me know! Also if you want this translated to your language then by all means just send me the strings and I will add the translation.
The app can be controlled using the following intents:
app.mathieson.GOTOWATCHAPP (any app)
Please see the Advanced Help to know more on how to use the app.
The advanced help can be found here:
Thanks to Patrick Simonds for all the great ideas and bug reports!
As of version 0.3, it features 5 applets :
- Weather : 7-day weather forecast
* Yahoo! Weather
- SMS :
* Full access to your SMS Inbox
* Answer with canned messages
- Agenda : Upcoming Agenda events (Android 4.0+ only)
- Utils applet :
* Phone battery and network info
* Find my phone
* Remote camera shutter
* Request weather data refresh
- Any.DO : Browse your tasks from your Pebble
This application will let you browse your content quickly and smoothly with a list based UI and complete detail screens.
Unlike most other watchapps, content is not limited to a few recent items, but is streamed to your watch on the fly.
The application is translated in english and partially in french.
The application is built in a very extensible way and more applets will be added based on your feedback, so feel free to tell me which content you would like to see on your Pebble !
If you encounter any issue, write at email@example.com for support.
(This is the ad free version of Coffer for Pebble (Free). All the same features, just without the ad banner)
-A perfect place to store your personally generated watch faces.
-Categorize watch apps into watch faces, apps and games
-One touch install directly to your Pebble smart watch
-Add your most used watch apps to your "My Coffer" list for quick access
-Quickly add a picture to your apps
-Add an app by entering a web URL, scanning a QR code, clicking on a web link or even by opening in a file explorer
Not sure where to put all your personally generated watch faces? Want to save all those mini games for later use?
Coffer offers a versatile and intuitive way for you to keep track and store all your favourite watch faces, apps and games. Instead of always browsing web sites to find and restore your favourite watch apps, simply store them in Coffer and install them directly to your Pebble with a single click.
You can quickly populate Coffer with Pebble watch apps already stored on your Android device, by browsing the web on your device and clicking on links to watch apps, by scanning app QR codes or by manually entering web URLs. You can even add a picture to remind you of exactly what the app looks like! As soon as you select a watch app, the app's name and summary will automatically populate in Coffer!
If you are ready to take control of the Pebble watch apps you use and love, give Coffer a try.
CAUTION: Pebble gSlides watchapp required!
Please install the Pebble gSlides Chrome extension: http://goo.gl/xxhQwc
Your phone and notebook need to be registered in the same WIFI network.
1. Install Pebble watchapp from Pebble store
2. Install Chrome extension
3. Open your presentation.
4. Open Pebble gSlides Android app and start service.
5. Click Pebble gSlides icon in your Chrome address bar.
6. Enter the IP displayed on your phone and click CONNECT.
7. Control your presentation with your Pebble and the Pebble gSlides Android app.
Shake your hand to move to the next slide!
Pebble app: http://goo.gl/j1m1yg
If you have troubles with connecting your phone, the required port might be blocked in your network. You can set up a local network to overcome this issue. Use for example Virtual Router for Windows.
You can use it to easily switch watchfaces and start apps on your Pebble as a Tasker action. You can launch any app currently installed on your Pebble, as long as it is either in the Pebble appstore or you have access to the original PBW file.
You can also use Catapult to send notifications to your Pebble directly from Tasker.
If you are an Android & Pebble developer, you can easily hook into Catapult to allow your users to exit into any app or watchface.
If the watch is connected, the phone's ring mode will be set to silent. Otherwise, it will be restored back to normal.
Only use this application if you only want your notifications to get to your watch. I got tired of getting dual notifications, on both phone and watch, as well as phone calls vibrating on both.
Update: yes, you can also do this with Tasker if you prefer.
More from developer
Bluetooth, wifi options and Pebble companion watch app require an in app purchase of $2.99
Once the app has been enabled as a device administrator, you can set a pin or password and have your device lock based on your preferences.
Pebble Locker will not circumvent apps such as corporate email that require your device to have a pin, if you use an app that requires a pin or password on your device, Pebble Locker will not work for you. Pebble Locker will also not remove the pin or password on encrypted devices. Pebble Locker does not support pattern locks.
To uninstall you must deactivate Pebble Locker as a device admin and reboot
Please remember your pin/password, I cannot help you if you forget it and you will need to uninstall the app or factory reset your phone.
Read more and comment at http://lukekorth.com/blog/pebble-locker/
The source code is available on GitHub (https://github.com/lkorth/pebble-locker)
Any ideas or feature requests are welcome, please email me with them.
If you would like to translate this app, please take a look here:
If you have issues or enhancements, fork me on github:
**HTC One Users**
There is a bug in the HTC lockscreen that will cause the shortcuts to break and the lockscreen to be dismissed without unlocking. The affects all apps that use the accessibility service (Lightflow, Pebble, etc)
** If your phone is speaking, try disabling Samsung TTS and Google TTS in your devices menu or check for an update to your device. This is a known Samsung bug they have started to fix.
** If you are experiencing a soft clicking sound with headphones, disable the proximity sensor and restart your device.