You wake up in pitch black darkness. You know not where you are. You know not who you are. And they’re trying to kill you...
"Fun way to waste an afternoon." – The Zombie Chimp
"If you like short horror stories, you will enjoy this." – Totally Gamer Girl
"A horror story at heart, American Angst is very well written. There’s just enough suspense and thrill that you’ll find yourself biting your nails as you play." – GameSpew
"Treat yourself to some textual scares." – HorrorTalk
"An atmospheric Text-Adventure with a surprising story." – Gwyn Gaming
Imagine a horror novel where you get to make the choices and decide how the story plays out: Welcome to American Angst, a text-based multiple-choice survival horror interactive fiction, combining RPG elements and turn-based combat with dark humor and satire.
*** For fans of Choice of Games and Lifeline! ***
A choice-based game slash novel, you try to escape from an underground prison complex – all the while suffering from amnesia, fighting off guards seeking your death, and slowly unravelling the mystery that brought you to this place, as you traverse the thin line between survival and revenge…
Created with Twine by M3G1DD0 aka Misha Verollet (@m3g1dd0 on Twitter), American Angst is an interactive fiction in the vein of Choose your own Adventure and Fighting Fantasy games.
- Five distinct endings plus variations: Even minor decisions impact the narrative
- Replay value: The full story unfolds through the different endings
- Monitor your stats: Health, panic status, inventory, weapons, ...
- Turn-based Combat System
- Autosave and Checkpoints
- Text-based, no graphics or sound effects: Your imagination is your best friend and worst enemy
- Warning: Graphic Violence, Explicit Language, Dark Humor, Gore
- 70k words
- Approx. 45 - 60 minutes of estimated play time (depending on your pace and choices you make)