mSikkay is Bank-to-Bank, mobile based petty cash transaction app for India. It is extremely user friendly, instant, safe, secure, powered by SMS banking (does not need Internet connection for transaction) using IMPS (i.e. 24x7 service).
Note / disclaimer:
This is a Beta Version of the app.
The app will continue to be tested with newer banks. Due to limitation of banks present in our geographical vicinity, we may not be able to cover 100%. We count on crowd testing to increase the coverage of banks. As the testing progresses the app, FAQ and facebook will be updated to reflect the latest status.
More details about the app:
mSikkay is simple, safe, secure fast way to do petty cash transactions in India. It is a bank-2-bank transaction between Payer and Payee. This s based on SMS banking powered by NPCI's IMPS service, hence
i) No internet is required for the transaction.
ii) Transactions can be done 24 x 7 x 365 days including Sunday and Bank holidays.
All banks that subscribe to IMPS funds transfer can be used for transaction in mSikkay.
Existing method of funds transfer via SMS is cryptic, time consuming and requires payer and payee to remember lot of information viz. account no, IFSC etc. needless to say it is not very popular.
mSikkay overcomes these shortcomings and further simplifies the process by large for use by common man.
Prerequisites for Payer
• Bank account with SMS-funds-transfer (SMS banking) enabled/ activated.
• mSikkay app on smartphone (on the registered mobile for SMS-funds-transfer).
• Bank account details set up on “My bank details screen” of mSikkay App.
Prerequisites for Payee
• Bank account with SMS-funds-transfer (SMS banking) enabled
• mSikkay code - code the contains payee’s bank account details, in printed or electronic form.
• A basic mobile phone (i.e. registered mobile for SMS-funds-transfer).
Money may be received irrespective of this mobile, but the mobile is essential to received credit confirmation SMS.
Further details can be found on the public Facebook page. (www.facebook.com/mSikkayInfo)