A platform for parents, health care workers and schools to build bespoke mobile apps to further enable independence in the lives of individuals with special educational needs and disabilities. Bespoke mobile apps on our platform are built and managed by you, giving you the ability to use personal content and media using as much or as little information as required on a private app specific to an individual. Build social stories, first and next instructions, and visual timetables. Provide the user with information relating to maps, transport links, weather, news and keep a log of the users feelings all in one location on their mobile phone or tablet device. Give the user support to navigate through day to day activities independently and provide information about new events in the user’s life to help them prepare for changes to routine.
The aim of our example app on the app store is not only to highlight the features available on a bespoke app, but also to provide generic support that can be used by individuals with SEND needs.
Examples of step by step social story instructions included on this app are:
- Getting Dressed
- Making Toast
- Making a Cup of Tea
- Making a Cup of Hot Chocolate
- Washing your Hands
- Washing the Dishes
What Features Can Be Implemented?
- Use on Tablet or Smartphone
- Private App Built Exactly as You Want
- Standard or bespoke options
- Step By Step Instruction with Photos
- Visual Timetables
- Social Stories via PDFs
- Upload PDFs
- Links to Local Weather
- Upload Media Files - Images, Videos & Audio Files
- PDF Calendar
- Map of Important Locations
- Photo Contacts
- Ask for Help
- Link to External websites
- Links to Local News
- How are You Feeling? Log
- Monitor the Log
- PECS Gallery (Picture Exchange Card System)
Administrator Account Features
Parents, teachers, carers and health care professionals can edit the app via the administrator account.
- Easy to use drag and drop features with the capability to access HTML editing
- There is no software to download, no hardware to keep.
- Access the administration account anywhere, at any time provided the user has access to the internet.
- Access administration account via website with user email and password
- Updates shown in real time.
- Automatically updates app on user’s end when they have access to the internet.
From the administrator account the user can share access via a internet link that is emailed to a user. Once opened on a phone it
can be pinned to the home screen and is accessible only to those that have access to the link. Access can also be removed via this system. The administrator can also view statistics on usage of the app and how often features are used.