A complete and free SSHd, SFTP, SCP and Telnet server! From now on you can run a complete SSH daemon (server) with support for multiple users, public key authentication, and you can even set a directory per user for SFTP and SCP.
NO ROOT is required, but if you do have a rooted device you can run SSH as super user if you want. The shell will only work on ARM devices, however, the SFTP and SCP servers will work on all devices.
To run on ports below 1024 search for Android app Port Forwarder Ultimate.
Note 2. If you find a bug or have a problem please contact us by email since we cannot help you if you post it in the reviews.
In this version you can add one server (SSH, Telnet or Dynamic DNS Updaters), three users and three optional allowed IP addresses per server. If you want to be able to add unlimited items please buy SSH Server Pro. If you buy the pro version you will support development, will be able to add unlimited items and see no advertisements!
★★For more servers and features have a look at our app Servers Ultimate★★
And we haven’t mentioned all yet; you can even set a dynamic DNS updater!
It also has extensive logging functionality, and you can even set the app to email you the log automatically!
- SSH has support for SFTP and SCP
- For SSH, SFTP and SCP multiple users can be set with each their own root directory, password, public key (RSA or DSA), allow X11 or agent forwarding, allow inbound/outbound connections, optional write permission and optional force stay in root directory
- For Telnet you can add multiple users and run Telnet through SSL/TLS with your own certificate or our certificate
- Set your own shell start command and arguments (advanced)
- Start/Stop a server automatically when connected/disconnected from a specified WIFI network, or on boot
- Verbose log (filter, email, etc)
- Add a Dynamic DNS Updater using the local or public IP of your device
- The servers can be accessed from the web (for example through your 3G connection) if supported by your mobile network
- Add multiple SSH (SSHd, SSH daemon) or Telnet servers
- For every SSH Server you can set name, port, multiple users, only access from certain IP addresses, vibrate on a new connection, enable logging, only log errors, start the server when connected to a specific WIFI network and disconnect when the WIFI network is lost, start on boot, max auth attempts, authorization timeout, idle timeout, max concurrent sessions (per user)
- For every user set the username, password, public key, X11 / agent forwarding, inbound / outbound connections, document root, force stay in document root, allow write access
- For every Telnet server you can set multiple users or even enable SSL/TLS with your own certificate or our certificate
- Add multiple dynamic DNS updaters (set a custom URL, or choose from ChangeIP, DNSdynamic, DNSexit, DNSMadeEasy, DNS-O-Matic, DNSPark, DtDNS, DynDNS, easyDNS, eNom, HE.net, Joker, Namecheap, No-IP, ZoneEdit)
- For every dynamic DNS updater set the name, timeout (in minutes), hostname, username, password and whether to update with the local or public IP address, start the Dynamic DNS Updater when connected to a specific WIFI network, update on connectivity change, start on boot
- On the settings page of the app you can set the maximum log items to keep, whether to keep a WIFI lock (prevent WIFI from disconnecting automatically), keep the device alive, keep the device alive full (keep the screen on, battery intensive), set to start the app on boot
- You can search/filter the log, or set it to be automatically sent when the log limit is reached
• For questions, comments or feature requests just contact us!
• Really, just do!
Visit us on: http://www.icecoldapps.com/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IceColdApps
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/IceColdApps
Great News! In Release 10.0 we removed all ads in this App!
** YES!!! This App is now totally A D F R E E ! ! ! **
* * Note * * Users who cannot connect or are immediately disconnected maybe using an outdated/incompatible or corrupt su binary. Please ensure you have a functional super user app with the functional su binary installed on the device before you run this app for the first time.. If the Super User app is NOT granting root access this app will not work correctly.. Also, Posting one star without any feedback does not help us improve our apps (because we can't know what the problem is), does not help other users (because they get no feedback from you), does not help you (because you will never get app improvements if we don't know what the issues are)
* * Device MUST be rooted AND have BOTH the SuperUser AND BusyBox apps installed.. If you don't know what these are - this app is NOT for you!!!
* * This app is a SSH terminal server AND an SFTP file server. If you are unsure what these are then maybe this app is not for you.
A good discussion on how to rate any app: https://sourceforge.net/p/roboqr/discussion/help/thread/b335cf7d/?limit=25#85c3
Informative reviews are always welcome!
* * Current supported Languages in our free version (this version) is English ONLY!
Recommended PC Terminal Clients to use with this app:
- Putty terminal for Windows - http://www.putty.org/
- cygwin terminal for Windows - http://www.cygwin.com/
- Poderosa for Windows - http://en.poderosa.org/
- Most Linux terminal programs
Recommended SFTP clients to use with this app:
- FileZilla client - http://filezilla-project.org/ (the best FTP client around!)
- WinsSCP client - http://winscp.net
- WiFi "Terminal" or "adb shell Like".
- Rescan Media option on service exit/end.
- Home screen widget to start and stop the server.
- Run on any port (including ports < 1024) and/or any user ID
- preset terminal prompts.
- root access to your device in a terminal and SFTP client!
- Status notifications on current server status
- Based on the DropBear SSH Server.
* * * Posting one star without any feedback does not help us improve our apps (because we can't know what the problem is), does not help other users (because they get no feedback from you), does not help you (because you will never get app improvements if we don't know what the issues are)
This application will let you connect to your device from a PC and execute commands (like "terminal" and "adb shell") or edit files (through SFTP, WinSCP, Cyberduck, etc...).
If you like this application, you can consider supporting it by upgrading to the pro version with more feature like:
- Extended notification controls
- Homescreen and lockscreen widget
- Shared-key authentication
- WiFi autostart whitelist
- Automation with intents support
q: How can I access to my device once the application is running?
- File Transfer: WinSCP (http://winscp.net).
- Remote Shell: PuTTY (http://goo.gl/XbTF)
- File Transfer: natively supported by most file managers (like Nautilus or Dolphin), just enter the sftp address displayed as "Location".
- Remote Shell: run 'ssh' from the terminal.
- File Transfer: Cyberduck (http://cyberduck.ch).
- Remote Shell: run 'ssh' from the terminal
q: How can I upgrade to the pro version?
a: If you previously purchased SSHDroidPro on Google Play, the new version will automatically detect it and upgrade to pro otherwise you can unlock it as in-app purchase.
q: Why my transfer speed decrease when I turn off the screen?
a: Enable the option 'Lock Wifi'. If your device is running at least Android 2.3.x, you should get full speed transfer even when the screen is off, otherwise enable the option 'Lock screen' too.
q: How can I use a shared key with Putty/Winscp?
a: You have to generate a key from the application in OpenSSH format and use Puttygen to import/convert it in ppk format. A recent version of Puttygen (>= 0.61) is required!
q: Is root required to run this application?
a: root is optional but not required.
q: How can I automate the application start/stop?
Use the following broadcast intents:
This is a new version of the popular "Android Terminal Emulator" application. Same great program, just with a new name.
+ Full Linux terminal emulation.
+ Multiple windows.
+ Launcher short cuts.
+ UTF-8 text. (Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Thai, etc.)
+ Completely free. No ads, no in-app-purchases, no nag screens, nothing.
+ If you are having trouble entering text, try installing the free "Hacker's Keyboard IME". (Especially if you have a Samsung or HTC device.)
+ This app isn't a game emulator.
+ This app won't help you root your phone or change your phone's IMEI.
+ You need to know (or be willing to learn) how to use the Linux command line to use this app.
+ You may want to install a set of command line utilities like "Busy Box" or "Debian chroot" in order to add commands beyond the commands that come built into your Android device.
+ If you get a -505 error when trying to install this app under Android 5.0, it means that some other app is using the same permissions. You will have to uninstall the other app in order to install Terminal Emulator for Android. (People tell me that "jrummy's Toolbox Pro" causes this problem.)
Want to know more about Terminal Emulator for Android?
Join the G+ community: #Android Terminal Emulator
Or check out the documentation wiki:
Want to add or improve a translation of Terminal Emulator for Android? See https://github.com/jackpal/Android-Terminal-Emulator/wiki/Translating-to-Other-Languages for instructions.
To start the server automatically use application "Autostart and StaY!"
or also Tasker with the intents provided.
I have tested the server using:
*Secure file transfer:
WinSCP : http://winscp.net/
FileZilla : https://filezilla-project.org/
Putty : http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html
- SSH and Telnet protocols
- Dropbox synchronization (share data with vSSH and SSH Control apps for iOS and OS X)
- Macros (user defined commands with variables support and other features)
- Username/password and private Keys authentication
- Arrows and Scrolling using Touch screen
- Background work
- Key forwarding
- Port forwarding
- Select and Copy/Paste text
- Extended customizable keyboard
- Customize font size and colors
- Customize touch screen gestures
- Logging (view and delete saved logs)
- Auto/fixed terminal size settings
- Pseudographics support
- Auto-connect on startup
- Auto-run command after connect
- Auto-open URL after connect
- Wide unicode characters (e.g. korean) are supported
Free version limitations:
- Max 5 bookmars
- Max 2 macros
- Max 2 keys
Terminal IDE is an expandable terminal application, with a full Java / C / C++ / HTML / Android development kit, that runs on your Android device.
It uses the command line, with many powerful and robust open-source applications, plus a custom ASCII on-screen 'soft' keyboard that works well (You must ENABLE it in your device's main Keyboard Settings).. and also has an extensive generic external 'hard' keyboard key mapper. This way CTRL / ALT / ESC etc.. should all be accessible.
GCC 4.4.0, make 3.82, ctags, javac, java, dx, proguard, aapt, apkbuilder, signer, ssh, sshd, telnetd, bash 4.2, busybox 1.19.2, vim 7.3, nano 2.2.6, midnight commander 4.8, htop 1.0, TMUX 1.5, links 2.7, rsync 3.0.8, git 1.7.8, BitchX 1.1 and a nice terminal emulator are all available.
The vim editor has been setup with c / java / HTML development in mind and is extremely powerful. Also vim has been setup by default in a humane way (arrow keys work, backspace..), so that starting on this long and glorious journey won't begin with a punch in the face.
With the addition of all the other apps provided, Terminal IDE becomes much MUCH more than an extremely powerful IDE. One could call it a complete 'Command Line OS'.
Best of all you can log in via telnet / ssh and use your home keyboard/screen combo!
AND the whole app runs WITHOUT needing ROOT permissions.
It's all available with normal user permissions..
Also the project is released under GPLv2
Constructive criticism always welcome. Useless abuse, not so much.
NB: This app CANNOT be installed onto the SDCard because you do not get 'Execute' permissions on that mount. It must run in this app's private memory on the device [Also much more secure]. You can of course still read / write to the SDCard and store your files / projects there. ALSO - once extracted it takes up about 150MB of your INTERNAL memory. You have been warned..
NB2: 'ENTER NOT WORKING' confusion on Terminal IDE keyboard.. Android expects a different key-code than the terminal(which expects ^M).
- Use CTRL+ENTER to send Android ENTER at any time.
- GO,NEXT,SEND & SEARCH all work when they appear as icons.
NB3: The Help/Tutorials, available in the app, can now be downloaded separately as a PDF from the Google code project. Thanx to Roy.
NB4: This app is ARM only.. No x86 support. Sorry - and yes, it's a big job to convert..
NB5: No UTF-8 support yet.. Just ASCII.
NB6: READ ALL THE IN-APP HELP! TWICE! BEFORE YOU EMAIL ME! Please..
NOTE: If you like this application and want to support it's developers consider the paid version 'SSH Autotunnel Pro', which is actively developed, supported and opened for new feature requests. Also please report any bugs to my email instead of user reviews so that I can ask for additional details and have the problem fixed.
This application can create secure tunnels using a SSH connection for the user to access services available only from the target machine. For example user can connect to the company server and then use web browser to connect to internal web site of their company, use remote desktop to connect remotely to their office PC desktop and control it from their Android device, or bypass a firewall restriction in their hotel or company by connecting to Internet pages from the remote machine.
The application uses standard SSH protocol, without the need to configure and setup a VPN. The only information the user needs to know is the login information to the remote machine and IP/port information of the service they want to connect to. Once the SSH tunnel has been established, the user can connect to the specified local port to access the network service on the remote side using the same application they normally use when their device is connected to that network. The local port need not have the same port number as the remote port.
SSH Autotunnel is better than connectbot at recovering from network disconnects. It also consumes less power because it does only one thing and does not emulate any terminal.
Ssh Autotunnel is using JSch and Bouncycastle projects, which are under BSD and MIT licenses
You put public address of as a server that is entry point to the intranet. Use username@ip[:port] (you can use hostname instead of ip of course and you can use different port than 22). Then use either password or ssh key (or both in which case ssh key is expected to be encrypted with the given password). Then on the menu you can add forwardings. You can have as much forwarding for one connection as you want. You need to specify local port, host and remote port. You can also select if this is local or remote forwarding. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_forwarding for more details on port forwarding. Also note that this application doesn't support any kind of SOCKS proxy.
The application supports both types of private keys - those generated by putty's keygen (ppk) and also the open ssh keys (Linux format). Just copy/paste the content of the key file to the appropriate text box or enter path to the file location on the Android device (e.g. /sdcard/id_rsa.pub). If you experience connection issues and are sure your password is correct, try reexporting your key using a certified tool (such as puttygen) and use the exported key with SSH Autotunnel since some tools do not generate proper OpenSSH format keys.
Also check with your ssh server administrator about server logs.
Output of command is shown on Android Devices.
This is not Terminal!
NOTE:NOT all commands are supported.
NOT SUPPORTED: TOP...
PROBLEMS: Targeting devices connected to Wireless. Lot of Crashes....
APPLICATION IS NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON APP STORE.
Fast and accurate, Fing is a professional App for network analysis. A simple and intuitive interface helps you evaluate security levels, detect intruders and resolve network issues.
+ Discovers all devices connected to a Wi-Fi network. Unlimited devices and unlimited networks, for free!
+ Displays MAC Address and device manufacturer.
+ Enter your own names, icons, notes and location
+ Full search by IP, MAC, Name, Vendor and Notes
+ History of all discovered networks.
+ Share via Twitter, Facebook, Message and E-mail
+ Service Scan: Find hundreds of open ports in a few seconds.
+ Wake On LAN: Switch on your devices from your mobile or tablet!
+ Ping and traceroute: Understand your network performances.
+ Automatic DNS lookup and reverse lookup
+ Checks the availability of Internet connection
+ Works also with hosts outside your local network
+ Tracks when a device has gone online or offline
+ Launch Apps for specific ports, such as Browser, SSH, FTP
+ Displays NetBIOS names and properties
+ Displays Bonjour info and properties
+ Supports identification by IP address for bridged networks
+ Sort by IP, MAC, Name, Vendor, State, Last Change.
+ Free of charge, no banner Ads
+ Available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch with retina and standard displays.
+ Integrates with Fingbox to sync and backup your customizations, merge networks with multiple access points, monitor remote networks via Fingbox Sentinels, get notifications of changes, and much more.
+ Fing is available on several other platforms, including Windows, OS X and Linux. Check them out!
The main idea behind this is classic: copy and move files from one panel to another. This method of operating is far more convenient than what is offered by most other file managers, in which you would have to copy/cut items and then navigate to various different folders to paste them - back and forth, again and again.
To not overload the display with extra checkboxes, each file row is divided by two zones: tapping on the left you open files and folders, tapping on the right you select multiple items. If you are left handed, that could be swapped in the settings.
Ghost Commander lets you transfer files both to and from FTP and SFTP servers and Windows network shares, as well as Google Drive, BOX and Dropbox cloud storage (plugin required), plus it can create/extract ZIP archives and work with as it was a regular folder.
For advanced users, this file manager also supports root (superuser) mode, which is essential to work with protected system files on a rooted phone, change file permission attributes/owners (chmod/chown) and even execute your own shell commands (busybox required).
This file manager is very customizable and comes with a lot of options which allow you to adjust its appearance and behavior to your personal tastes and habits.
Ghost Commander's features include, but are not limited to:
* easy sorting by name, extension, size or date
* customizable multiselect (by tapping, or select by wildcards)
* root / superuser (su) mode: remount partitions and make changes in system files
* change file owner and permissions (in root mode only)
* working with files via the MediaStore perspective (which allows writing access to external SDcard on Kitkat)
* ZIP archive support: create and extract ZIP files, view inside a ZIP without extracting
* built-in FTP client: upload to/download from your own site or a public one
* favorite shortcuts for folders and locations
* calculation of file and folder size and MD5 and SHA-1
* file search by content and other properties
* text editor (built-in or external)
* text and picture viewers
* sends files via email, Bluetooth and so on
* personalization: colors, font size, interface language, custom toolbar, etc
* Windows network support via an optional SMB plugin
* Streaming audio/video from a remote location to a player app (VPlayer is recommended)
* Access to the Google Drive, Dropbox and BOX or any WebDAV enabled cloud storage (with plugins)
Requested permissions explanation:
INTERNET - to make FTP and other network plugins be able to connect to internet hosts.
No connection is established without your command to do so.
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - to not to let the WiFi go down during a file transfer.
WAKE_LOCK - to not to let the phone go to a deep sleep during a file transfer.
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to let the file manager copy files to the sdcard.
VIBRATE - to let the phone vibrate when a long file operation is done.
INSTALL_SHORTCUT - to create shortcut icons to the desktop.
MOUNT_UNMOUNT_FILESYSTEMS - to do so when you have asked that.
ACCESS_SUPERUSER - to let the root: mode of the file manager functioning properly. Not used for any other purposes.
USE_CREDENTIALS - only to let the Google Drive plugin access to the Google based services.
The website: http://tinyurl.com/gc1site.
Vote for new features: http://tinyurl.com/gc-user
Help with localization: https://crowdin.com/project/ghost-commander
If you like this application, a small donation to help further development will be appreciated!
Keywords: root, file manager, manage files, file explorer, Midnight Commander, Norton Commander, FAR manager, dual panel
Video by Appgovideo.com
File transfer to sdcard by scp or SFTP (Secure FTP, WinSCP, Cyberduck).
Root is optional
If you find any bugs or have any ideas for improvement, please contact me via email, or file a report at:
Please do not leave bug reports in the comments section, as there is not enough space to adequately describe the issue, and I have no way to respond in order to get more information.
Great for tablets such as the Viewsonic gTablet, Motorola Xoom, Galaxy Tab 10.1, ASUS Transformer!
Works great with the Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard and Apple Wireless Keyboard on Xoom and Galaxy Tab 10.1. Honeycomb support for the tablet form factor as well as HDMI out on the Xoom. Works well with Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 keyboard dock.
If you are having trouble with the soft keyboard on HTC phones like the Desire HD or Thunderbolt, try changing to another soft keyboard. Seems like the HTC soft keyboard has some issues with BTEP, but other keyboards work fine. Hacker's Keyboard is my new favorite keyboard for use with BTEP.
Now includes Frotz and the classic Colossal Cave Adventure game in the enhanced utilities for fun. Busybox has recently been updated to support SMP systems, ie, in "top."
Explanation of Permissions:
All permissions used by BTEP are strictly for enabling the functionality of BTEP. BTEP does not contain any analytics, or collect any data.
Network Communication - Required so that the shell, SSH, Telnet, and FTP can access the Internet.
Storage - So you can manipulate contents of /sdcard/ on your device from the shell.
System Tools - Allow user to keep WiFi and/or display active if desired.
Hardware Controls - Control vibrator for vibration on cursor keys / virtual DPAD.
System Tools - Install Shortcuts, does what it says.
* On Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Galaxy S II, SSH has issues with some WiFi routers.
Thanks for using BTEP!
Perfect for Stress testign and Perforamce testing for QA
★Featured as one of TechCrunch's best apps of 2013! http://techcrunch.com/2013/12/31/the-best-ios-and-android-apps-of-2013/★
★Watch us on CBS' Good Day Show as App of the Week! http://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/video/9727659-app-of-the-week/★
Agent automatically saves your battery, silences your phone during meetings, remembers where you’ve parked, auto-responds when you’re driving and allows only urgent calls and messages through when you’re sleeping.
What users are saying:
"Before finding this app, I had 3 other apps that each did only part of what this app does altogether!"
"This is perfect. It's simple, elegant and works perfectly without fail. Great job."
"Awesome functionality! I highly recommend! This app is so cool. You've got to get it and see for yourself. It handles the things that are normally hassles so you don't have to fuss with it. It just works and puts your phone to work for you!"
"When I get in the car, it handles my texts and reads incoming ones aloud. When I'm in bed asleep, it knows to screen my calls. I love this app!"
"Agent is different. It worked perfectly first time, with almost no setup. This is a must have app for me."
Find us on twitter: https://twitter.com/agentfeedback
★ Drive Agent is triggered by bluetooth and motion sensing (activity detection). It can be configured to read SMS messages aloud, respond with voice, auto respond to texters and callers to let them know you’re driving (editable message) & only respond to your own hand-picked list
★ Battery Agent triggers at a percentage you choose. It helps conserve battery by giving you the option to turn off bluetooth, dim your screen and reverts back to normal settings automatically when you charge your phone. Will also let you know how much battery it saved you.
★ Parking Agent remembers where you parked, based off your speed or bluetooth connection. Will remember your last five parking spots
★Meeting Agent syncs with your calendar to silence/ put your phone on vibrate when you don’t want to be disturbed. It can be configured to activate for busy events only, gives you the ability to specify your working week so that it only syncs with your calendar on days and times you prefer, works with shared calendars and auto responds to selected contacts during these "busy" events.
★ Sleep Agent will silence your phone automatically when you go to sleep. You can configure sleep times for different days of the week, minutes of inactivity before activating, auto response to selected callers and texters during your sleeping hours, list of contacts that can wake you & Bluetooth, autosync, wifi and mobile data deactivation.
App Permissions Explanation:
-NEW Reroute outgoing calls: For our new status sharing feature which will be released in the next few weeks. we won't actually re-route calls but users have the option to have a notification pop up if you call another agent user and they are in a meeting or sleeping (ie one of the agent states are active). You will both have the option to opt into this status sharing feature.
- Send SMS: We use this when auto-responding to texts whilst you are driving (if selected), or when you are sleeping for emergencies.
- Read SMS: When driving Agent will read out your text messages to you to prevent distraction. We don't know the contents of any messages.
- Read Contacts: This is so that the app can determine whether a contact is in your address book or not (an option for who is allowed to contact you when busy)
- Precise Location: Parking Agent requires this to store your parking location.
Finally, build customized Agents with our free Trigger app! Available for download on Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jwsoft.nfcactionlauncher&hl=en
-Support device with hardware keyboard.
- Popup keyboard with all those normally hard to find characters
- Use the volume keys to quickly change font size
- External keyboard support
- Telnet support
- Local Android terminal support
- Click URLs to open in a browser
- Copy & Paste within sessions
- UTF-8 character support
- Easily organise your connections by group
- Keep multiple SSH sessions running in the background
- Password & OpenSSH private key support
- SSH key agent forwarding
This unofficial app, in no way endorsed by the BBC, gives you a Weeping Angel widget to put on your home screen. It does nothing. It does not move.
Not when you're looking at it, anyway.
Please note that Doctor Who and the Weeping Angels are copyright the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), and this app is just something I hacked together on Friday night because, hey, I was excited about Day of the Doctor coming out tomorrow.
Note that it *doesn't* use your device's camera to see if you're blinking- unfortunately that would drain your battery too fast :-(
This little novelty app is /just/ a widget - there's no launcher icon! You need to add it your home screen just like you would any other widget - depending on what device you use, the way to your list of available widgets is different. Try one of these ways:
* when you go to see your list of applications, is there a 'Widgets' tab? - if there is, tap it, and 'Don't Blink' should be in there.
* if you hold your finger down on an empty space in your homescreen, does the menu that comes up have until 'Widgets' entry? if so, 'Don't Blink' should be in there!
• Clone remote Git repositories onto your phone!
• Just like regular Git, the full history is stored for offline access.
• Animated Diffs - Watch diffs smoothly transition from Before to After - and back again. I'm using 'smooth' figuratively here. It's still pretty cool.
• Supports git, http, https, ssh protocols:
- see https://github.com/rtyley/agit/wiki/HTTP for details about HTTP authentication
- see https://github.com/rtyley/agit/wiki/SSH or watch http://youtu.be/6YXR-ZhZ1Qk for SSH setup instructions
• Pull-to-refresh fetching
• Currently this is a 'read-only' client. You can clone & fetch, but not commit and push. I haven't yet had time to build all the user interface around that - but I reckon implementing pinch-gesture-branch-merge would be fun.
• Periodic sync enabled on Android 2.2 and later - latest commits fetched quarter-hourly.
• Cloning substantial projects (eg Mongo, JQuery) will take a few minutes to perform - fortunately subsequent fetches will be much faster.
• Due to limitations in Java/JGit (the underlying library used by Agit for Git support) the following features are unfortunately unsupported: submodules, symbolic links.
Android devices have limited memory, and due to the nature of Git delta-packing individual large files in your repo (eg around 5MB or above) can cause unavoidable out-of-memory errors, even on modern devices. This doesn't constrain overall repository size - which can be much bigger - it only constrains the *largest files* you can have in your repository's history. More information here:
To help users fix the large-file repos that Agit has trouble with, I've developed a The BFG, a command line tool purpose-built for slimming down Git repositories:
The BFG is a much simpler and faster alternative to using git-filter-branch, and makes it easy to clean up repositories so that they can be read by Agit.