Second Canvas Museo del Prado – Bosch is a tool that allows you to explore in super-high resolution, with a high level of both detail and quality directly unnoticeable to the human eye, major masterpieces of the Flemish painter, such as The Haywain Triptych, The Adoration of the Magi, The Table of the Seven Deadly Sins and The Garden of Earthly Delights.
All of the artwork includes an additional vision taken from IRR. In the case of The Garden of Earthly Delights X-rays can be used too. Both IR and X-rays allow us to discover hidden characters, changes in the final version and the artist’s pendimenti.
Discover, surf, learn, teach and share from your tablet or smartphone, with the possibility to connect it to your TV’s screen.
Created by Museo del Prado and Madpixel, Second Canvas Museo del Prado - Bosch allows you to explore Bosch’s masterpieces in super-high resolution, interact with them, choose your favourite detail and share it with your friends through social networks.
Available masterpieces are:
• The Garden of Earthly Delights Triptych.
• The Garden of Earthly Delights Triptych (closed): The Third Day of Creation.
• The Adoration of the Magi Triptych.
• The Adoration of the Magi Triptych (closed): The Mass of Saint Gregory
• Table of the Seven Deadly Sins.
• The Haywain Triptych.
• The Haywain Triptych (closed): The Pilgrimage of Life
• Extra material for each masterpiece and links to additional information.
• Super-zoom to discover hidden details.
• X-ray and IRR vision to see the drawing under the painting for featured works.
• Amazing stories about each painting, detail by detail.
• Tell your own stories on social networks, selecting the details you want to share in ultra-high resolution.
• Connect your tablet or smartphone to either your TV at home (via AirPlay, AppleTV or cable) or projector at school to see the masterpieces in full screen while interacting with your touch device.
• Twitter integration allows you to read the opinions of other users within the app itself, which is why each masterpiece has its own hashtag.
• Share your experience, with images, on social networks and by email.
• Download the details with their stories so they can be accessed even when you’re offline or in airplane mode.
Moreover, the Second Canvas Museo del Prado - Masterpieces app, which allows you to examine the Museo del Prado 14 masterpieces, is also available. These 14 masterpieces play a major role in the history of universal painting. They are available in Gigapixel format (ultra HD) and high resolution to explore each of them and discover stories about its characters, the techniques used by the painters and some of the hidden details in the paintings. The Second Canvas Museo del Prado app includes around 60 other related pieces of art, as well as an explanatory document for each oeuvre, audio guides and sign guides.
Works available in Second Canvas Museo del Prado - Masterpieces:
• The Third of May, 1808 in Madrid, Francisco de Goya.
• Jacob’s Dream, José de Ribera.
• Las Meninas or The Family of Philip IV, Diego Velázquez.
• The Nobleman with his Hand on his Chest, El Greco.
• Crucifixion, Juan de Flandes.
• The Annunciation, Fra Angelico.
• The Cardinal, Raphael.
• Equestrian Portrait of Charles V at Mühlberg, Titian.
• Immaculate Conception, Giovanni Battista Tiepolo.
• Descent from the Cross, Roger van der Weyden.
• The Garden of Earthly Delights, Hieronymus Bosch.
• The Three Graces, Peter Paul Rubens.
• Judith at the Banquet of Holofernes, Rembrandt.
We hope you enjoy Second Canvas Museo del Prado - Bosch. Tell us about your experience with the app and help us improve by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Second Canvas visit the following websites:
NIPO - 037- 16-065- 9
© of the images, Museo Nacional del Prado.
© of the texts, their authors and MNPD.
© of Second Canvas platform and its apps, Madpixel.