★★★★ 1000+ PURCHASES & REACHED THE TOP NEW PAID AND TOP PAID ANDROID APPS CHART ★★★★
Thank you all for the useful feedback and acclaim!
EAS SIMULATOR PRO FEATURES:
• No ads.
• Full access to the Emergency Alert System alert editor to create and save your own custom alerts without limitations.
• Plays realistic EAS alerts.
• Schedule an alert to play at a given time (even if the device is locked). Ideal for drills, pranks or role-playing.
• Comes loaded with a all the pre-defined alerts, featuring real-life natural disasters (e.g. flash flood in New Jersey, tornado in Oklahoma...) and also some thrilling fictional emergency scenarios including a North Korean nuclear attack, an unidentified nuclear strike in New York, zombie virus pandemics and others inspired by famous video-games and movies.
• Backgrounds similar to the ones used on TV alerts (black, color bars, intermission screens, etc.).
• Static or blinking texts.
• Scrolling texts (news-ticker like).
• SAME headers (the beeping and buzzing sounds heard in the beginning of the alerts).
• Attention signal (single/combined frequency and tornado siren).
• Voice message generated by your device's Text to Speech engine (TTS).
• End of Message (EOM) sound.
• It's important that you're satisfied with your purchase, so before buying EAS Simulator Pro consider trying the Free version first and see if the EAS creator features work well in your device.
• Voice messages are not generated by EAS Simulator. Instead, the app uses your phone/tablet's built-in Text to Speech engine, if it has any. If your device doesn't have a TTS engine installed, the voice messages will not play, but everything else in the alerts will. The Google Play store has plenty of TTS engines and voices (both Free and Paid) you can use. If you want to use different voices in your alerts, you need to download and install a different TTS engine on your device and set it as the default.
• Sadly, it's not possible to share/export the alerts as videos for technical reasons and I'm aware that is a very desired feature. Some users managed to record the footage on a PC using dedicated software and others used screen recording apps that can be found on the store.
• Users with U.S. models of Samsung Galaxy S4 devices running Android 4.2.2 reported that the Custom Attention Signal feature may produce some clicking noises instead of the actual tone. This is a firmware-related problem with tone generation which unfortunately has to be fixed by Samsung with an update. Affected devices can use the Default Attention Signals (fixed frequencies and duration) without any problems though.
• If you find any other problems feel free to e-mail the developer.
• Prevent device from sleeping: To make sure that the screen doesn't turn off due to inactivity while playing a EAS message.
If you find any bugs or have any ideas for improvement, please contact me via email, or file a report at:
Please do not leave bug reports in the comments section, as there is not enough space to adequately describe the issue, and I have no way to respond in order to get more information.
Great for tablets such as the Viewsonic gTablet, Motorola Xoom, Galaxy Tab 10.1, ASUS Transformer!
Works great with the Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard and Apple Wireless Keyboard on Xoom and Galaxy Tab 10.1. Honeycomb support for the tablet form factor as well as HDMI out on the Xoom. Works well with Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 keyboard dock.
If you are having trouble with the soft keyboard on HTC phones like the Desire HD or Thunderbolt, try changing to another soft keyboard. Seems like the HTC soft keyboard has some issues with BTEP, but other keyboards work fine. Hacker's Keyboard is my new favorite keyboard for use with BTEP.
Now includes Frotz and the classic Colossal Cave Adventure game in the enhanced utilities for fun. Busybox has recently been updated to support SMP systems, ie, in "top."
Explanation of Permissions:
All permissions used by BTEP are strictly for enabling the functionality of BTEP. BTEP does not contain any analytics, or collect any data.
Network Communication - Required so that the shell, SSH, Telnet, and FTP can access the Internet.
Storage - So you can manipulate contents of /sdcard/ on your device from the shell.
System Tools - Allow user to keep WiFi and/or display active if desired.
Hardware Controls - Control vibrator for vibration on cursor keys / virtual DPAD.
System Tools - Install Shortcuts, does what it says.
* On Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Galaxy S II, SSH has issues with some WiFi routers.
Thanks for using BTEP!
Great for testing Wifi!
Please email me with feedback, comments, suggestions, and bug reports.
BTTerm uses the same high-quality terminal engine as Better Terminal Emulator Pro.
On sale for a limited time.
Supports all Android devices including phones, tablets and Google TV 2.0.
Requires Better Terminal Emulator Pro.