This is a new version of the popular "Android Terminal Emulator" application. Same great program, just with a new name.
+ Full Linux terminal emulation.
+ Multiple windows.
+ Launcher short cuts.
+ UTF-8 text. (Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Thai, etc.)
+ Completely free. No ads, no in-app-purchases, no nag screens, nothing.
+ If you are having trouble entering text, try installing the free "Hacker's Keyboard IME". (Especially if you have a Samsung or HTC device.)
+ This app isn't a game emulator.
+ This app won't help you root your phone or change your phone's IMEI.
+ You need to know (or be willing to learn) how to use the Linux command line to use this app.
+ You may want to install a set of command line utilities like "Busy Box" or "Debian chroot" in order to add commands beyond the commands that come built into your Android device.
+ If you get a -505 error when trying to install this app under Android 5.0, it means that some other app is using the same permissions. You will have to uninstall the other app in order to install Terminal Emulator for Android. (People tell me that "jrummy's Toolbox Pro" causes this problem.)
Want to know more about Terminal Emulator for Android?
Join the G+ community: #Android Terminal Emulator
Or check out the documentation wiki:
Want to add or improve a translation of Terminal Emulator for Android? See https://github.com/jackpal/Android-Terminal-Emulator/wiki/Translating-to-Other-Languages for instructions.
- NO ROOT permissions needed
- NO BUSYBOX installed needed
- FULL LINUX COMMANDS, internet connection opened.
The classic Linux terminal with full Linux native commands. Internet connection. The best for Linux users.
* All powerful Linux commands like:
ls, cd, mkdir, mv, rm, ifconfig, top, ps, du, df, etc...
Enjoy yourself Linux users and give feedback!
THIS IS THE PAID AND COMPLETE VERSION OF TERMINAL EMULATOR DELUXE, PRICE PURPOSE IS TO HELP THE APPLICATION'S DEVELOPMENT. THANKS.
Android Terminal Emulator is the Linux terminal emulator light version.
* To work correctly you need ROOT PERMISSIONS and BUSYBOX installed.
* The complete version NO needs to have ROOTED PHONES AND BUSYBOX and you can find it here: "LINUX TERMINAL EMULATOR PRO"
A real Android's built-in Linux command line shell in your hand. The classic Linux terminal windows with full Andorid native commands. The best for Linux users.
* All most powerful Linux commands like:
ls, cd, mkdir, mv, rm, top, ps, etc...
Give feedback and suggestion. Updates and features are coming to improve app tools and possibilities. Thanks.
HELP THE PROJECT DEVELOPMENT BUYING "TERMINAL EMULATOR PRO":
Terminal IDE is an expandable terminal application, with a full Java / C / C++ / HTML / Android development kit, that runs on your Android device.
It uses the command line, with many powerful and robust open-source applications, plus a custom ASCII on-screen 'soft' keyboard that works well (You must ENABLE it in your device's main Keyboard Settings).. and also has an extensive generic external 'hard' keyboard key mapper. This way CTRL / ALT / ESC etc.. should all be accessible.
GCC 4.4.0, make 3.82, ctags, javac, java, dx, proguard, aapt, apkbuilder, signer, ssh, sshd, telnetd, bash 4.2, busybox 1.19.2, vim 7.3, nano 2.2.6, midnight commander 4.8, htop 1.0, TMUX 1.5, links 2.7, rsync 3.0.8, git 1.7.8, BitchX 1.1 and a nice terminal emulator are all available.
The vim editor has been setup with c / java / HTML development in mind and is extremely powerful. Also vim has been setup by default in a humane way (arrow keys work, backspace..), so that starting on this long and glorious journey won't begin with a punch in the face.
With the addition of all the other apps provided, Terminal IDE becomes much MUCH more than an extremely powerful IDE. One could call it a complete 'Command Line OS'.
Best of all you can log in via telnet / ssh and use your home keyboard/screen combo!
AND the whole app runs WITHOUT needing ROOT permissions.
It's all available with normal user permissions..
Also the project is released under GPLv2
Constructive criticism always welcome. Useless abuse, not so much.
NB: This app CANNOT be installed onto the SDCard because you do not get 'Execute' permissions on that mount. It must run in this app's private memory on the device [Also much more secure]. You can of course still read / write to the SDCard and store your files / projects there. ALSO - once extracted it takes up about 150MB of your INTERNAL memory. You have been warned..
NB2: 'ENTER NOT WORKING' confusion on Terminal IDE keyboard.. Android expects a different key-code than the terminal(which expects ^M).
- Use CTRL+ENTER to send Android ENTER at any time.
- GO,NEXT,SEND & SEARCH all work when they appear as icons.
NB3: The Help/Tutorials, available in the app, can now be downloaded separately as a PDF from the Google code project. Thanx to Roy.
NB4: This app is ARM only.. No x86 support. Sorry - and yes, it's a big job to convert..
NB5: No UTF-8 support yet.. Just ASCII.
NB6: READ ALL THE IN-APP HELP! TWICE! BEFORE YOU EMAIL ME! Please..
* All most powerful Linux commands like:
ls, ll, cd, mkdir, mv, rm, top, ps, pwd, etc...
--> This isn't a game emulator.
--> This won't help you root your phone or change your phone's IMIE.
--> You need to know (or be willing to learn) how to use Linux command line to use this program.
--> You may want to install a set of command line utilities like "Busy Box" in order to get the most out of this program(to work correctly you need root permissions and BusyBox).
This app brings you a chance to explore into your android phone.
You can perform various tests and commands what you can run on Linux system.
This app makes you feel now you have mini Linux terminal device, not android phone.
You can manage your phone file system, you can get root access to be super user, and connect to another network device.
A custom Linux terminal,system tools and test utilities for droid platform.
Linx Terminal brings you the Linux terminal functionality on your phone with simple to use interface for all droid phones.
With System Tools ,you can perform various test including Root access and Cpu tests,check all detailed information needed about your phone.
All information you need such as Cpu and Memory usage of your phone, you can easily monitor your resources.
You can install external applications from you sdcard including internal storage(Usb Storage) or simply attach and send them via email for sharing.
Log all your commands and outputs easily on your sdcard and share via email.
• Pro version is available with full features(NO ADS)
• All terminal functionality
• Pause/resume during the commands
• Auto complete while typing for linux commands entries
• Most of the commands will work depending on your phone root state
• Rooted phones supported (run su)
• Execute ,run linux commands,check memory,cpu
• Pause/resume function for looping commands such as (top,vmstat,logcat)
• Real Task Killer (ps or top -n 1 get the app pid number and execute kill -9 pid)
• Check your running apps services(ps, top)
• Remove delete files
• Browse your SDcard, system folders
Basic Linux Command List
• A list of basic linux commands
• Please be aware that desktop linux may differ than the droid version
• All commands may not be able to run depending on your phone, model and Os version
Cpu Information And Test
• Check you cpu usage and load averages
• You can also perform cpu test and check your global ranking
• Ram,Phone Storage,SdCard memory
• Scan your sdcard ,Internal sdcard(Usb Storage) root folder automatically for .Apk files (App files)
• You can easily install apps from your sdcard and attach,send via email for sharing
• You can log your terminal commands and outputs on your sdcard and attach,share via email
Root Access Test
• Perform simple root access to check whether your phone is rooted.
All used materials are credited in the application's about section.
- visual file management: allows you to copy, move and delete files and whole directory trees;
- display meta information of file;
- opening files using one of the pre-installed programs;
- run Linux/Unix commands in the sub-shell.
The program supports convenient and concise interface with two navigation bars. Background color, text size, file type indication and other features can be customized by settings.
• i486 PC emulation, capable of running DOS622/Windows 3.1.
• CPU Speed adjustable on the fly. When running at 10MIPS, its speed is comparable to 80486DX 66MHz (As reported by Norton sysinfo).
• Floppy disk drive, Harddisk, and CDROM
• 8bit Sound blaster 2.0
• VGA / SVGA Cirrus5430
• Emulated Serial Mouse
• Emulated Joystick
• PC compatible keyboard
• Larger configurable keypad for gaming control
• Support external bluetooth keyboard
Unlike DOSBox, Aemula doesn't emulate DOS directly. Instead, it comes with a Freedos boot disk. You can install MSDOS and Windows 3.1 on it. Visit http://www.aemula.net/guide.html for more help information.
This emulator is written in ARM assembler language, so it's incompatible with "Intel Inside" devices, at least for now.
If you have no experience with DOS emulators, please read our Getting Started Guide first ( http://goo.gl/aTDElz ).
NOTE: Your device should have at least 50+MB of storage space and at least 256MB RAM to run DosBox. Copy your old DOS games onto your device or SD card and start playing!
★ FASTEST DOS/Windows Emulator for Android
★ Voodoo 3dfx Glide Support
★ Pentium MMX Instructions!
★ Full analog controller support (mouse and joystick emulation) [Android 3.1+]
★ Support for playing many Windows 9x games!
★ Network Gaming! - Play network DOOM/Warcraft II, etc. with your friends on your LAN!
★ Mixed Mode Audio support (ie. bin/cue + OGG/MP3 audio)
★ MIDI Sound Emulation
★ IPX Networking Support
★ Sliding "QuickMenu"
★ Transparent Hide-able ActionBar
★ Mappable Virtual On-Screen Buttons
★ Based upon latest DOSBOX SVN
★ Universal Button/Controller Support (Wii, Xbox360, Game Gripper, PS3, Xperia Play controllers and more!).
★ Game Profiles Manager
★ Absolute Finger & Pointer tracking, use DOS applications intuitively on a touch screen! (experimental)
★ Gestures Support
★ Customize DOS Game Covers/Icons in Profile Manager
★ Highly optimized port of the lastest DosBox version. ARMv7 & NEON processor optimization for enhanced speed
★ Use DPAD and Optical Trackpad as mouse/joystick.
★ Virtual Mouse emulation mode, with left & right click!
★ Mappable hardware & virtual buttons.
★ Virtual Multi-Touch *Analog* Joystick emulation!
★ OPTIMIZED & FAST!! ( http://goo.gl/Tt7X5 )
★ Switch to portrait or landscape mode without restart!
★ Multiple Stretch/Scaling options.
★ Supports external USB/Bluetooth mice & joysticks [Android 3.1+]
★ Supports Right Click on Trackpads & mice. [Android 4.0+]
★ Full ASUS Transformer keyboard & trackpad support.
★ Nvidia Shield support!
★ Can be used with any 3rd Party Keyboard replacement to emulate DPAD or Cursor Keys (our GamePad, or HackersKeyboard is recommended).
★ Full Jelly Bean (JB) and Lollipop support (Android 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 5.0).
To Enable Cursor/Arrow Keys:
Use any 3rd party Android Input Method (Keyboard) replacement. Highly recommend the free HackersKeyboard, which supports transparency, cursor keys and Function Keys or you can try the Free 'GamePad' keyboard. With DosBox Turbo, there is no need to pay extra for virtual cursor keys and/or gamepads.
Q. Where is the settings button?? (or How can I access the settings menu)?
A. You have three easy ways of accessing the DosBox Turbo Settings Menu.
1. From Landscape Mode: from close to the top margin, swipe down to show the ActionBar. From the action bar, you can access the settings menu as well as many other options.
2. From Portrait Mode: The actionbar will always be visible, and you can just access the settings menu by clicking the (3 dots) at the top.
3. From either Portrait or Landscape: Place your finger near the left margin and swipe right, you'll have access to the DosBox QuickMenu.
Q. Wheres the FAQ?
Q. Can it run Fallout?
A. Yes, check out this video: http://youtu.be/lTruSMVWvYw
Q. Can it run Daggerfall?
A. Yes, check out this video: http://youtu.be/CBi0joFymSY
Q. Can it run Windows and play Windows Games?
A. Yes, if you have a fast/modern device. Please see the FAQ & watch this video: http://youtu.be/f21K1Exq2jA
Q. How do I install the Profile Manager?
Click "Install Profile Manager" in the settings menu.
Q. How do I use the new Profile Manager?
** Note, please update to the latest 2.0.0 DosBox Manager.
NOTE: Google forced us to rename the application, despite it being a legal name already, so there are no other changes except cosmetic changes to the name. The application has been renamed from "iPhone Keyboard Emulator" to "Keyboard Emulator".
SEE DEVELOPERS WEBSITE FOR INSTALLATION!
If you have a problem, use the support email. We are unable to help you when you just comment in the ratings.
Note: If you are running Gingerbread or Froyo, we highly recommend iTap Keyboard instead of Keyboard Emulator.
Type faster and easier with an alternative keyboard layout that you are already familiar with, while enjoying the cool features of the Android OS.
This is an "Input Method" and must be enabled in the Language & Keyboard Settings.
BETA TESTERS: We have enabled beta testers for this keyboard. If you would like to become a beta tester, join our G+ community at https://plus.google.com/communities/106412562703484825925
Free version without word completion is also available!
- SoC (System On Chip) name, architecture, clock speed for each core ;
- System information : device brand & model, screen resolution, RAM, storage.;
- Battery information : level, status, temperature, capacity ;
- Android 2.2 and above (version 1.03 and +)
- INTERNET permission is required for the online validation (see notes below for more détails about the validation process)
Online Validation (version 1.04 and +)
The validation allows to store the hardware specification of your Android device in a database. After the validation, the program opens your validation URL into your current internet browser. If you enter your e-mail address (optional), an e-mail with your validation link will be sent to you as a reminder.
Settings screen and debug (version 1.03 and +)
If CPU-Z closes abnormally (in case of bug), the settings screen will appear at the next run. You can use that screen to remove the main detection features of the application, and make it run.
In case of bug, please open the application menu and choose "Send Debug Infos" to send a report by email
FAQ and troubleshooting
You can visit the FAQ at that address : http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z-android.html#faq
* Scripts Executables
Manage and execute shell scripts and programs in file system.
All executions run over vt100 terminal accepting user input and esc codes (colors, bel, cursor movement ..)
Run them at boot-up and/or on network status change possibility.
Schedule at selected time. (cron jobs)
Show graphical dialogs from running process.
Create widgets at desktop.
Edit and create scripts, also create them from url.
Insert code in your scripts using QR codes.
Share execution output.
Bookmark your scripts.
Test SM_VERSION and/or SM_VERSIONCODE to know if is running inside SManager.
With root privileges you can also execute them as superuser.
* File manager
Browse all phone's file and network files.
zip,tgz,tar,tbz and yaffs2 (nandroid backups) support.
Browse network(including http://) zip files without full download.
Open multiple directories on different tabs.(3 tabs for Ads version)
File linking support(On supported filesystems)
Multiselect from different directories support. (Ads version only support 7 selections from different directories. No limit if selections are in the same directory)
* Root explorer(Rooted device needed)
Automatically mount RO partitions in RW when needed.
Root editor (Allow edit files with root privileges. Configure "Browse as root")
Open and edit ALL files regardless the permissions they have with selected application. Use CAREFULLY(Configure "Browse as root" in order to get this feature)
* Console screen
Volume Up: Mapped to Esc key.
Volume Down: Mapped to Enter key.
DPad press: Mapped to Control key. (Press and then press other key. Not simultaneous pressing required)
Enable "extra gestures" in config screen in order to send Home/End,del/tab,left/right,pgup/pgdown keys. This is very useful to execute shell and ssh connections.
WEIRD CHARACTERS: If you get a lot of [[^ characters, is due you have "extra gestures" enabled and script/program doesn't process them. Use most right side of screen to send standard scroll event, or disable "extra gestures"
* SM Multiselect
Selects automatically files selected in third party apps, like Gallery, inside SM Browser
* External Storage SD Notes
You can install SManager on external Storage SDcard, but you must be know:
- If you are using boot scripts or scheduled script, you will need SMExternalSD app.
- All events like network status change and scheduled scripts while external storage is shared or unmounted will not be processed. Although you have SMExternalSD installed
SManager does not launch executions until external storage is mounted.
Detected some programs/daemons (like dropbear) fails if has stdin closed. Try put "exec 0>&1" to reopen stdin in background executions.
* No ads version features
Execute scripts from widgets without opening console.
No limits in multiselect.
No limits opening multiple directories.
Alias keys in SMConsole.
Hide/show SMConsole/SMBrowser bar with up/down gesture at top of the screen.
This utility is for use with FTDI USB to UART devices. The utility provides a terminal emulation function for use on Android devices. The Android system must use Android OS version 3.2 or later and provide a USB host port.
• The application will open automatically when you plug in supported FTDI device controller like FT232R, FT245R, FT232H, FT2232D, FT2232H, FT4232H and FT230X, FT231X...
• It supports FTDI USB TTL Serial, USB RS232 and USB Hi-Speed cables.
• Suitable for use on any Android platform with Android v3.2 and later versions.
• Provide general terminal UART utility; easily adaptable to a console function.
• Support CTS/RTS, DTR/DSR and XOFF/XON Flow controls.
• Support Baud from 300 to 921600.
• Save file and Send file functions support XModem, YModem and ZModem file transfer protocols.
• USB Plug and Play.
• USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
Great for testing Wifi!
Supports all Android devices including phones, tablets and Google TV 2.0.
Requires Better Terminal Emulator Pro.
Please email me with feedback, comments, suggestions, and bug reports.
BTTerm uses the same high-quality terminal engine as Better Terminal Emulator Pro.
On sale for a limited time.