This Locale Bluetooth condition plugin will allow you to automatically change settings on your Android device based on connectivity to Bluetooth devices. For instance, perhaps you want your favorite voice notification app, Enhanced SMS & Caller ID+, to start up with certain settings when your Bluetooth headset connects. Or when you start your car and your device connects to your in-car Bluetooth, you may want the device volume to max out. The possibilities are endless!
Note that this is a plug-in for Locale and requires that you have Locale installed. Locale is sold separately by two forty four a.m. LLC.
This Locale plugin should also be compatible with Tasker (which is sold separately by CRAFTY APPS).
Please report any bugs, suggestions or feedback directly to us through email. Unfortunately, suggestions and bug reports in market comments will be ignored since we cannot follow up with you. Please contact us directly for refund requests within 24 hours of initial purchase.
The first and only app that lets you remap the buttons of your Bluetooth headset!
Promotional price - only during beta phase!
Try the FREE version before buying this one :)
A new icon by shackener (http://bit.ly/1kzf3Yk)!
Please rate, comment and contact me BY EMAIL if you have any problems with the app or want to request a new feature (communication does not work so well with comments) =)
Most Bluetooth headsets have buttons which can only do 2 things - call last dialed number and start voice command. Both are pretty useless. Using SmartHeadset you can remap the buttons of your Bluetooth headset to do more useful things - like controlling a media player, telling you the time or starting a voice assistant! This way you can play/pause and rewind your music or audiobook or control your phone from your bluetooth headset!
- Turn Bluetooth off and back on (or vice versa) on the first run of this app in order to initialize it correctly. You only need to do this once.
- Remember to turn off bluetooth before uninstalling this app in order to finalize it correctly.
- Disable device administrator from the preferences of the app before uninstalling this app!
- Play/pause and rewind a media player using your Bluetooth headset buttons
- Say time (using a pre-installed text-to-speech (TTS) engine)
- Start a voice assistant using your Bluetooth headset buttons
- Tasker integration!
- Quickly switch remapping on and off to place calls or use a voice dialer Now phone calls are possible even when remapping is active!
- Quickly switch the controlled media player
- Automatically turn off Bluetooth after headset disconnect to save energy and fuss
- Override the default Android behavior to switch the display on when the Bluetooth headset call button is pressed.This way inadvertent touches can be avoided.
Known issues and permissions
The functionality of this app is not supported natively by Android. Therefore it uses several workarounds.
- There will be a "*" entry in your phone log when the app is active. Ignore it, it will be deleted on headset disconnect. It makes it possible to make phone calls even when remapping is active. (This requires the "reroute outgoing calls", "read call log" and "write call log" permission).
- Play/pause resp. rewind might not work at every Bluetooth headset key press. This is an Android issue :(
This app gathers no data about you and even has no connection to the internet.
Needs free PC program at usefulapps.net (Windows only)
Having trouble with click volume or other settings? Press the menu button.
Every year millions of headsets are sold worldwide and they are now becoming more common place with our distracted driving laws. If you pick up a phone or text while driving, you're not only doing something dangerous, but risking a hefty fine.
We're here to advocate the use of the Bluetooth Finder along with Bluetooth headsets to fight the distracted driving epidemic. The cost of a headset is a small price to pay in comparison to the damage and losses distracted driving can create. There are on average 11 teen deaths EVERY DAY (Ins. Institute for Hwy Safety Fatality Facts)
Help us fight distracted driving by using the Bluetooth Finder and you can save a life. Texting while driving is 6X's worse than drunk driving and causes approximately 1.6 million accidents every year (National Safety Council) accounting for 25% of ALL car accidents. Stay focused and connected to the road and get the Bluetooth Finder! Every smartphone should have one.
The Bluetooth Finder can help prevent the loss of your device and to locate them. It comes bundled with features which will help you in tracing your steps back to your device. It also remembers where you parked your vehicle and helps to conserve the life of your battery.
> Bluetooth out-of-range Notifications: via pop-up message/vibration/tone/ LED flash
> Device Search: a tool designed to help search for your Bluetooth device which are connected and in Bluetooth range.
> Disconnection Log: tracks the activity of your disconnected device by storing a GPS coordinate where your device was last connected.
> Scheduler: set the times to turn on/off Bluetooth to conserve battery life.
> Vehicle Locator: uses GPS to store vehicle location/information.
> Other than keeping track of your Bluetooth devices and headsets, be creative in tracking the things that mean the most to you, close to you. By attaching or giving a Bluetooth headset or device to your kids, family member or pet, you can track their whereabouts wherever they may be, whether it’s in a mall, at a family event or even in the home. This is not intended to replace your personal attention for your loved ones, but it is an additional measure for peace of mind.
> Another great use of the Bluetooth Finder is that it also works in the reverse manner. If you have your headset paired but happen to misplace your phone, you can use your headset to find your phone by turning off your headset temporarily, then look and/or listen for the notifications if they are active.
> If you enjoy using this app, please take a moment to become a fan on Facebook and share it with your friends and family. If you have any questions/suggestions, please email us.
> Please note: This app does not automatically connect to Bluetooth devices, so devices must always be turned on and connected to work. Keep in mind also that in places such as parking structures your received signal strength may fluctuate.
Thank you for your support!
SolidSync Network/Bluetooth GPS turns your Android-powered mobile phone into a Bluetooth GPS receiver using the Android GPS and Bluetooth systems.
It creates a Bluetooth serial port and then sends GPS NMEA data to any compatible Bluetooth-enabled or network enabled device: this could be a laptop or desktop computer, or even another phone!
See http://solidsync.com/bluetoothgps for more details and to review the help guide.
Using SolidSync Network/Bluetooth GPS you can connect another Bluetooth-enabled or network-enabled device (for example, a desktop or notebook computer or even another cellular phone) to your Android device and use your Android device as a location data source.
- See the current location information in a simple display.
- Make GPS data available to any other device that can receive GPS data over a Bluetooth serial connection.
- Make the GPS data available to any other device that can receive GPS data over a TCP/IP network connection, and manage connected clients.
- Configurable update intervals.
- Run the service in the background
- Control which NMEA messages get transmitted.
- Replay trips saved with SolidSync Trip Tracker.
- Tested with applications including ESRI's ArcGIS, Wireless InSSIDer, Google Earth, and others.
# Minor bug fixes
# User interface upgrades to better support trip replay functionality
# Documentation upgrades
This is a battery meter for Plantronics Bluetooth headsets. It runs in the background and displays the headset charge level in the status bar.
Pull down on the status bar to see remaining talk time in hours and minutes - and more.
See supported headsets and Android devices below.
- Easy to see headset charge level at a glance.
- Tiny! Less than 100K installed.
- Supports current Plantronics headsets, including the following consumer and Unified Communications devices:
* Explorer 500
* BackBeat PRO
* BackBeat FIT (see note below)
* Voyager Edge (see note below)
* Voyager Legend, Legend CS, Legend UC (see note below)
* BackBeat GO 2 / BackBeat GAME
* Voyager Pro HD
* Voyager PRO UC (see note below)
* BackBeat GO
* Marque M155
* Marque 2 M165
* Blackwire C710, C720
* Savor M1100
* ... and more to come.
We have received reports that bugs in the Bluetooth implementations of these phones prevent them from working with the Bluetooth Battery Meter:
* Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.2.2 (note: 4.4.2 appears to work correctly).
* HTC One M7 running Android 4.4.2 (note: the HTC One M8/4.4.2 works perfectly)
* Your BackBeat FIT must be running firmware version D or later. Use Plantronics's free BackBeat FIT Updater app to check your firmware version and update it if necessary.
* An apparent bug in the Voyager Edge and Voyager Legend/Legend CS/Legend UC headsets prevents them from sending its battery level to tablets (e.g. Nexus 7). We have notified Plantronics of this problem.
* If you have a Voyager PRO UC, you must first update its firmware at http://www.plantronics.com/us/support/myheadset/updater/.
* The Bluetooth Battery Meter does not support the M100 ("1xxPlantronics"), M50, M20, Discovery 925, Discovery 975, Voyager PRO+, or older headsets. These headsets do not include the battery meter feature for Android devices.
* This app will not work on Android 4.2/4.2.1-equipped devices due to a bug in the Bluetooth implementation of these Android versions. The bug is fixed in Android 4.2.2, meaning this app will work on devices running Android 4.2.2 and subsequent releases - except the Samsung Galaxy S4, apparently.
* This app won't work on devices that lack a full Bluetooth implementation. This includes a few older tablets, among them the Acer Iconia A100, Toshiba Thrive, and possibly others.
* If you have a Plantronics headset not listed above, try it immediately after you install the app. If the app doesn't show your headset's battery level, the Play Store gives you 48 hours to remove the app and receive an immediate refund.
Launch the app once after installing it. After that, it will receive battery information from your headset in the background and display it in the phone/tablet status bar.
This app was not developed by Plantronics. Please report any problems with this app to firstname.lastname@example.org, not to the nice people at Plantronics.
All trademarks mentioned herein belong to their owners.
Most headsets are found under car seats, in pockets, or on a messy desk. For less obvious locations, acoustically locate your headset by sending it a tone so you can hear where it’s hiding. If your headset is out of Bluetooth® range (33ft/10m), or is powered off, then try the BackTrack™ activity log that maps where it was last in use.
How to find your headset:
• SEND A TONE: If you think your headset is powered on and within 33ft/10m of your phone, play a sound file through your headset and hear it tell you where it is. You can increase the volume or select an alternate tone from the library to improve your chances of hearing your headset. (Your media audio settings on your phone must be enabled.)
• TRACK IT: If you think your headset is powered off or too far away, review its recent activity on a time-stamped map to discover where your headset was last used. (Your GPS location services on your phone must be enabled.)
BONUS Battery Meter:
If your phone/tablet is running Android OS 3.X, 4.0.X, 4.1.X, 4.2.2*, 4.3 or 4.4 and it is paired and connected to any of the following Plantronics headsets, an on-screen headset battery meter icon will appear in your device’s Status Bar and a talk-time estimate for your headset will be included in your Notifications list. Compatible headsets include:
Voyager Edge UC
Voyager Legend UC
Voyager PRO HD
Voyager PRO UC
Marque 2 M165
Marque 2 M180
Marque 2 A170
*NOTE – Battery status is not available for the following Android versions. However, all other features of the Find MyHeadset app will work with those phones/tablets:
• Samsung Galaxy S4 phones running Android OS 4.2.2
• Any phones/tablets running below Android OS 3.0
• Any phone or tablet running Android OS 4.2 or 4.2.1
• Some phones or tablets running Android OS 4.4
Support & Feedback:
NEED MORE HELP? For technical support or questions, visit http://www.plantronics.com/us/support/
SHARE YOUR IDEAS: We love hearing your feedback. Email us at MobileSupport@plantronics.com
* Quick access to Bluetooth settings
* Updated design for Android 2.x - 4.x
* Widget sizes and layouts have landscape mode
Bluetooth switch time varies by phone make and model.
Visually matches WiFi Manager - a tool to manage WiFi connections, including a pretty widget. Find it below under "Related" or "Developer info".
Country filter is set to "All countries". If it's not available in your country, please contact Google.
Your headset has no battery indicator? This can be fixed! Bluetooth Headset Battery Widget measures how long a Bluetooth device (e.g. a headset or headphones) has been connected. If you configure the maximum running time of the headset battery, the widget can tell you how much battery time your headset has left. You can also see how long your headset or headphone has been running without a recharge.
Bluetooth Headset Widget Features
- Measures the connection time of a Bluetooth device (headset/headphone)
- Tells you how much battery time is left until you need a recharge
- Automatically stops the counter when the Bluetooth device disconnects
- Can display a warning notification to remind you to connect the power to the headset battery
- Can display a small battery power indicator in the notification bar, similar to your phones battery display. In this way you will never miss an empty battery on your Bluetooth headset
- Can monitor multiple Bluetooth devices simultaneously. Just add several instances of the widget to your home screen and select a different Bluetooth device.
- Successfully tested with a broad range of headsets and headphones
It is a thing of just switching the On / Off the Bluetooth tethering.
*It is a thing of just switching the On / Off the Bluetooth tethering.
In order to end automatically, after switching is characterized by memory consumption is less.
Please use it in place on the home screen or the like.
If Off, Bluetooth will also tethering to On to win, and to On.
emobile GL07S ( Japan )
Bluetooth, Tethering, PAN, tethering
Great for testing Wifi!
If you find any bugs or have any ideas for improvement, please contact me via email, or file a report at:
Please do not leave bug reports in the comments section, as there is not enough space to adequately describe the issue, and I have no way to respond in order to get more information.
Great for tablets such as the Viewsonic gTablet, Motorola Xoom, Galaxy Tab 10.1, ASUS Transformer!
Works great with the Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard and Apple Wireless Keyboard on Xoom and Galaxy Tab 10.1. Honeycomb support for the tablet form factor as well as HDMI out on the Xoom. Works well with Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 keyboard dock.
If you are having trouble with the soft keyboard on HTC phones like the Desire HD or Thunderbolt, try changing to another soft keyboard. Seems like the HTC soft keyboard has some issues with BTEP, but other keyboards work fine. Hacker's Keyboard is my new favorite keyboard for use with BTEP.
Now includes Frotz and the classic Colossal Cave Adventure game in the enhanced utilities for fun. Busybox has recently been updated to support SMP systems, ie, in "top."
Explanation of Permissions:
All permissions used by BTEP are strictly for enabling the functionality of BTEP. BTEP does not contain any analytics, or collect any data.
Network Communication - Required so that the shell, SSH, Telnet, and FTP can access the Internet.
Storage - So you can manipulate contents of /sdcard/ on your device from the shell.
System Tools - Allow user to keep WiFi and/or display active if desired.
Hardware Controls - Control vibrator for vibration on cursor keys / virtual DPAD.
System Tools - Install Shortcuts, does what it says.
* On Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Galaxy S II, SSH has issues with some WiFi routers.
Thanks for using BTEP!
Supports all Android devices including phones, tablets and Google TV 2.0.
Requires Better Terminal Emulator Pro.