Offers free quick access to the latest weather bulletin and storm warning issued by the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA). It shows the current satellite image and path of typhoon including its forecast track.
Added feature: You can see your distance from the storm's location relative to your position.
Also available in iPhone and iPad as a web application.
Enabling the mobility of Project NOAH. The official mobile version (native Android) of Project NOAH website (noah.dost.gov.ph) though without the Flood Map features.
This mobile app was developed by Rolly Rulete in cooperation with Project NOAH and with the partnership of Smart Communications, Inc. through the Smart Developer Network (SMART DevNet). Content and data come from the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) and its participating agencies.
Project NOAH’s (Nationwide Operational Assessment of Hazards) mission is to undertake disaster science research and development, advance the use of cutting edge technologies and recommend innovative information services in government's disaster prevention and mitigation efforts. Though the use of science and technology and in partnership with the academe and other stakeholders, the DOST through Program NOAH is taking a multi-disciplinary approach in developing systems, tools, and other technologies that could be operationalized by government to help prevent and mitigate disasters.
1. Map View
- PAR (Philippine Area of Responsibility)
- Overview (MTSAT, Rainfall Contours, Chance of Rain, etc)
- Doppler (Subic, Tagaytay, Cebu, Hinatuan, Tampakan)
- Sensors (Weather Stations, Stream Gauges, Rain Gauges, Tide Levels)
- Weather Outlook (Probablity of Rain, PAGASA Typhoon Forecast)
2. List View
- Almost the same with Map View but presented as list for ease of use.
- PAGASA-FFWS (Flood Forecasting and Warning Section)
- Help articles and guidelines
- Information Dashboard
- Useful links and contents
* plus status notifications for "Probability of Rain"
* share screenshot (in almost all views) or text contents (News) via applications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Bluetooth, Gmail, etc)
* the app is themeable! (Holo Light [default theme] OR Holo Dark)
* supports animated overlays (MTSAT, Doppler, Chance of Rain)
* improved caching for performance and offline usage
* very flexible Settings
keywords: DOST, PAGASA, NOAH, NDRRMC, nababaha, ClimateX, MMDA, SMART, SMART DevNet
You need to enable Google "Location Services" inorder to use the Locations and Weather tabs. Please read: http://support.google.com/gmm/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1646140
1. Current Weather
* Wind speed and direction
* Sunrise and Sunset
* Humidity and Pressure
2. Seven Day Forecasts
* 3-hourly interval
* Minimum/maximum temperatures
* Wind speed and direction
3. Weather Locations
* Supports different locations worldwide
* Flexible timezone settings
* DOST-PAGASA - MTSAT ENHANCED IR Satellite Image
* Kochi University, Japan - infrared image
* University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA - animated IR satellite
* National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) - Rainbow / AVN Color
* Auto/manual animation
* Supports panning, zooming and pinch-to-zoom
* DOST-PAGASA 24-hour public weather forecast
* DOST-PAGASA official twitter posts
* Weather News Stories from different media sources
* DOST-PAGASA Cyclone Updates
* Joint Typhoon Warning Center (JTWC) Active Cyclone Warnings
* Joint Typhoon Warning Center (JTWC) Track Archive
7. Cyclone Info and Map Tracks
* JTWC Warning Text (for active cyclone only)
* JTWC Warning Graphic (for active cyclone only)
* JTWC Cyclone Tracks (rendered in Google Maps). It can also pin point your current location on the map. (both for active and archive cyclone)
* Plot PAR (Philippine Area of Responsibility)
* Rain Alert Notifications
* Share app screenshot to FB, Twitter, etc (via applications)
* Very customizable and flexible settings
Keywords: Philippine Weather, Pinoy Weather, Philippine Cyclone, Western Pacific Cyclone
Bugs/Issues/Suggestions/Support: Email to email@example.com
Do not use this app to make life or death decision. For informational purposes only. Please refer to the official authorities.
PH Weather app cannot guarantee the accuracy and availability of data. Neither PH Weather app nor the developer shall be held liable for any errors and/or delays in content.
Arko hopes to address the need of every Filipino to more information during times of major rains and flooding. By accessing the extensive databases of Project NOAH and DOST, Arko can give the user up-to-the-minute updates on rainfall and other weather conditions near you or wherever you choose.
• Flood Mapping: Using data from previous floods (like Ondoy), Arko will show you which areas are prone to flooding so you can avoid them, or designate a safe zone where evacuees can go to during floods.
• Remote Monitoring: Arko can allow you to check on how flooding and/or rainfall is in other areas. Perfect for those who worry if a family member, loved one or friend is doing fine despite the weather.
• Weather Advisory: By connecting with Project NOAH, PAGASA and DOST's various weather monitoring facilities, Arko can give you updates on the weather. It can even give you a good estimate on whether it will rain or not, based on the data it gets.
Arko was developed by the Mobile Team of Pointwest Technologies Corporation, in cooperation with Project NOAH and the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) of the Republic of the Philippines.
It uses the following links from authorized agencies in the Philippines:
・Official Gazette Briefing Room Section of NDRRMC
・Official weather report
・GovPH Twitter Account
・National Desaster Risk Reduction and Management Concil(NDRRCC)
Plus bookmark unlimited locations on the map to quickly do a radar + forecast check for all your important places.
Plus this is the only app that automatically augments land-based radar images with latest images from NOAA satellites covering the Atlantic/Pacific oceans into one single screen. This lets you track and follow the upcoming hurricanes and storms all from the same map.
✓ Install and go, no complex setup
✓ Sharp images
✓ Fast Loading
✓ Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered
✓ Hurricane and Tropical Storm Forecast Tracks with detailed information
✓ Severe weather warning boxes on the map with full detail
✓ Lightning strikes on the map within a few minutes of the actual strike!
✓ Storm Track arrows with detailed storm information including hail probability.
✓ Check the current weather + forecast for any point on the map
✓ Intuitive Play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames
✓ Always shows both time-stamp and "minutes ago" with each frame to prevent any confusion while viewing the loop
✓ Select opacity of radar images to your taste
Coverage Notes: If you live in a very-high-altitude town in Colorado (e.g. Fraser, Vail, Aspen), most likely this app will not meet your needs since radar beams get blocked by the tall mountains. Alaska coverage includes only the southern coastal areas, and does not include the Aleutian Chain. Also cloud coverage does not include Alaska and Guam.
✓ This app is only useful for users in the US, including all 50 states and territories including Puerto Rico and Guam.
Please follow our twitter stream at http://twitter.com/hidef_radar for news and updates.
**Readers’ Pick: Most innovative and useful hurricane app – FastCompany**
**One of 5 apps to get you through a natural disaster – Fox News**
**Top Apps of the Week (11/3/12) – ABC News**
**Top Apps of the Week (10/29/12) - MediaBistro**
**Top App of the week (9/2/12) - Appolicious**
Be ready for severe weather with Hurricane by American Red Cross. Monitor conditions in your area or throughout the storm track, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe even if the power is out – a must have for anyone who lives in an area where a hurricane may strike or has loved ones who do.
Please note: shelters only show the current open shelters. More shelters are setup as disasters happen, but until then, there may not be any shelters near you.
- Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even if the cell towers are down and the power is out.
- Monitor weather conditions in your area or those of loved-ones with location-based alerts for the U.S. and its territories from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration(NOAA).
- Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
- Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
- Stay safe when the lights are out with the Hurricane Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
- Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
- Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
- Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your hurricane knowledge with interactive quizzes.
- See an illustrated history of hurricanes in your area.
- Learn the difference between a hurricane warning and watch.
- Know how to what to do about food and drinking water when your area has been impacted by floods and power outages.
Please update your app to the latest version as soon as possible! It address numerous critical issues with crashing!
DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS: We need this to allow you to call emergency numbers from within the app
CAMERA: We need to be able to use the camera to allow us to use the flashlight in Tool Kit
GPS LOCATION: We need to serve you hurricane alerts based on your current location
PHONE CONTACTS: We need this for the Make a Plan view to allow you to add emergency contacts straight from your address book
- NOWrad Radar: The most timely interactive radar for North America that also does real-time storm cell tracking and map-based weather alerts. Uses the state-of-the-art merging of doppler radars from NOAA, FAA, Environment Canada, and other meteorological agencies
- Future Radar using state-of-the-art TruPoint(sm) technology. Now you can see not only where the rain or snow is, but also where it’s expected to be
- See current condition trends, as well as average and record temperatures
- Temperature, precipitation (rain or snow), UV index, and wind speed graphs
- Combined radar and satellite layers, for the Continental US, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Caribbean, parts of Mexico
- High-resolution temperature, wind speed, and snow cover layers
- Plot earthquakes in real-time, track hurricanes, typhoons, and tropical cyclones, and use our Exclusive Road Weather index to see weather-related road hazards
- NOAA NWS and Environment Canada Watch & Warning areas on the map
- Alert Notification: Get time-critical National Weather Service warnings for the United States even when you’re not in the Intellicast app. Such as tornado, severe thunderstorm, flood, and blizzard. NOTE: For a full list of critical alerts, please see the in-app help.
- Display Fronts, Highs and Lows on the interactive map.
Our mission is to bring advanced expert weather content and tools to weather sensitive decision makers. We are part of The Weather Company which includes The Weather Channel, weather.com, WSI Corporation, Weather Central, and Weather Underground.
Check us out at www.intellicast.com
map and in a list as they are occurring around the globe.
Additional hazard information can be viewed and shared.
The term "Active Hazards" refers to a collection of current and real-time incidents (compiled from authoritative sources) which have been designated "potentially hazardous to people, property, or assets" by the PDC DisasterAWARE™ application.
The application is a free download.
PDC Active Hazards currently includes:
-Hurricane/Tropical Cyclone (global)
-National Weather Service High Surf (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service High Wind (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service Flood (for Hawaii)
-Wildfire (global)- coming soon!
Other hazards will be added over time.
Application features include:
√ View Active Hazards on an interactive map or in the Alert list
√ Search for location (quick zoom)
√ Choose background map
√ Get "more info" for most Active Hazards
√ Receive automatic updates every five minutes
√ Choose a preferred time zone
希望您能夠支持 "台灣晴" ,給予鼓勵的評價及分享告知周遭親朋好友，
More from developer
1. Using your Google account, create a Google spreadsheet following the rules of Roll Call
2. Open Roll Call on your phone (your Google account must be active on the phone)
3. Login to load your attendance sheet, and proceed checking attendance
4. With internet connection, attendance will automatically sync with your Google spreadsheet
5. With a full browser, open your Google spreadsheet to view and print full attendance report
CREATING A GOOGLE SPREADSHEET:
1. Go to drive.google.com and login using your Google account
2. Click 'Create' and click 'Spreadsheet'
3. Encode your attendance list
ROLL CALL RULES FOR CREATING SPREADSHEETS:
Rule No. 1: Filename must follow the format: '$ROLLCALL' then space then title
Example: $ROLLCALL Physics101, $ROLLCALL Swim Team, $ROLLCALL History N5
Rule No. 2: Cells A1 and B1 are reserved cells used to locate the first record - do not put your data in these cells. A1 should contain a number pertaining to the column number of the first record (Note: A is 1, B is 2, C is 3, and so on). B1 should contain a number pertaining to the row of the first record.
Example: A1 = 3 and B1 = 5, means that the first record, say a student, is at cell C5
Rule No. 3: (Optional) Cell C1 is a reserved cell used to set maximum number of allowable absences - do not put your data in this cell.
Example: C1 = 10, means that if a record, say a student, has incurred 10 absences, his record entry in Roll Call will be highlighted, locked and made 'un-tap-able'.
SETTING UP YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT ON PHONE:
1. On your Android phone go to Settings, Accounts, Add account and tap Google
2. Choose Existing (or New, if you have no Google account yet)
3. Configure your account accordingly. Make sure sync to Google Drive is on.
1. Open Roll Call and login. If you have more than one active Google accounts on your phone, you will be prompted to choose the account.
2. Roll Call-compatible Google spreadsheets will automatically load, thus internet connection is required. Tap the spreadsheet to use.
3. Check your attendance! Toggle-tap present-absent to mark records. When done, tap 'Save & Sync'. Roll Call will automatically sync to the corresponding spreadsheet on Google Drive.
1. What will happen to the attendance report if I lost internet connection after checking? -- No problem. With Nueca's 'swable' (sync-when-able) algorithm, just check your attendance and Roll Call will keep the data on the device. When your device regains internet connection, Roll Call will automatically sync with Google Drive (even without you noticing it).
2. Do I really have to follow Roll Call rules on creating spreadsheets? -- Yes. You must, otherwise, your spreadsheet will not be read by Roll Call or you may not be able to achieve best results. Don't worry, there are only 3, 1 is optional, and they're all easy to follow.
3. What happens if I leave cell C1 empty? -- It ok. It will simply tell Roll Call not to count the number of absences each record or student incurred, thus, Roll Call will not highlight to mark records as 'dropped' or 'blocked'.
For a quick guide using Roll Call, see the 'Open Guide' within the app. Help us make Roll Call even more powerful! Email your comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roll Call is a product of Nueva Caceres Technology Solutions, Inc. (Nueca) Learn more at www.nueca.net
1. database of 4,300+ training institutions and 27,000+ training programs, which you can browse ands search through even if you're not connected to the internet;
2. news and features about TESDA events, activities and updates;
3. frequently asked questions (FAQs); and
4. directory of TESDA contact centers and offices in the country.
An initiative of the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), East Service Road, South Superhighway, Taguig City, Philippines
Phone: (+63.2) 887.7777
SMS Hotline: (+63) 917.479.4370 (Globe)
For technical feedback and support, contact:
Nueva Caceres Technology Solutions, Inc.
Copyright (C) 2012 Technical Education and Skills Development Authority, Philippines. All Rights Reserved.
Discover how Concessio and iRetailCloud can help your business. Email demo request and product brief to email@example.com
Concessio is a product of Nueva Caceres Technology Solutions, Inc. (Nueca) Learn more at www.nueca.net