Offers free quick access to the latest weather bulletin and storm warning issued by the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA). It shows the current satellite image and path of typhoon including its forecast track.
Added feature: You can see your distance from the storm's location relative to your position.
Also available in iPhone and iPad as a web application.
You need to enable Google "Location Services" inorder to use the Locations and Weather tabs. Please read: http://support.google.com/gmm/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1646140
1. Current Weather
* Wind speed and direction
* Sunrise and Sunset
* Humidity and Pressure
2. Seven Day Forecasts
* 3-hourly interval
* Minimum/maximum temperatures
* Wind speed and direction
3. Weather Locations
* Supports different locations worldwide
* Flexible timezone settings
* DOST-PAGASA - MTSAT ENHANCED IR Satellite Image
* Kochi University, Japan - infrared image
* University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA - animated IR satellite
* National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) - Rainbow / AVN Color
* Auto/manual animation
* Supports panning, zooming and pinch-to-zoom
* DOST-PAGASA 24-hour public weather forecast
* DOST-PAGASA official twitter posts
* Weather News Stories from different media sources
* DOST-PAGASA Cyclone Updates
* Joint Typhoon Warning Center (JTWC) Active Cyclone Warnings
* Joint Typhoon Warning Center (JTWC) Track Archive
7. Cyclone Info and Map Tracks
* JTWC Warning Text (for active cyclone only)
* JTWC Warning Graphic (for active cyclone only)
* JTWC Cyclone Tracks (rendered in Google Maps). It can also pin point your current location on the map. (both for active and archive cyclone)
* Plot PAR (Philippine Area of Responsibility)
* Rain Alert Notifications
* Share app screenshot to FB, Twitter, etc (via applications)
* Very customizable and flexible settings
Keywords: Philippine Weather, Pinoy Weather, Philippine Cyclone, Western Pacific Cyclone
Bugs/Issues/Suggestions/Support: Email to email@example.com
Do not use this app to make life or death decision. For informational purposes only. Please refer to the official authorities.
PH Weather app cannot guarantee the accuracy and availability of data. Neither PH Weather app nor the developer shall be held liable for any errors and/or delays in content.
Enabling the mobility of Project NOAH. The official mobile version (native Android) of Project NOAH website (noah.dost.gov.ph) though without the Flood Map features.
This mobile app was developed by Rolly Rulete in cooperation with Project NOAH and with the partnership of Smart Communications, Inc. through the Smart Developer Network (SMART DevNet). Content and data come from the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) and its participating agencies.
Project NOAH’s (Nationwide Operational Assessment of Hazards) mission is to undertake disaster science research and development, advance the use of cutting edge technologies and recommend innovative information services in government's disaster prevention and mitigation efforts. Though the use of science and technology and in partnership with the academe and other stakeholders, the DOST through Program NOAH is taking a multi-disciplinary approach in developing systems, tools, and other technologies that could be operationalized by government to help prevent and mitigate disasters.
1. Map View
- PAR (Philippine Area of Responsibility)
- Overview (MTSAT, Rainfall Contours, Chance of Rain, etc)
- Doppler (Subic, Tagaytay, Cebu, Hinatuan, Tampakan)
- Sensors (Weather Stations, Stream Gauges, Rain Gauges, Tide Levels)
- Weather Outlook (Probablity of Rain, PAGASA Typhoon Forecast)
2. List View
- Almost the same with Map View but presented as list for ease of use.
- PAGASA-FFWS (Flood Forecasting and Warning Section)
- Help articles and guidelines
- Information Dashboard
- Useful links and contents
* plus status notifications for "Probability of Rain"
* share screenshot (in almost all views) or text contents (News) via applications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Bluetooth, Gmail, etc)
* the app is themeable! (Holo Light [default theme] OR Holo Dark)
* supports animated overlays (MTSAT, Doppler, Chance of Rain)
* improved caching for performance and offline usage
* very flexible Settings
keywords: DOST, PAGASA, NOAH, NDRRMC, nababaha, ClimateX, MMDA, SMART, SMART DevNet
More from developer
1. Using your Google account, create a Google spreadsheet following the rules of Roll Call
2. Open Roll Call on your phone (your Google account must be active on the phone)
3. Login to load your attendance sheet, and proceed checking attendance
4. With internet connection, attendance will automatically sync with your Google spreadsheet
5. With a full browser, open your Google spreadsheet to view and print full attendance report
CREATING A GOOGLE SPREADSHEET:
1. Go to drive.google.com and login using your Google account
2. Click 'Create' and click 'Spreadsheet'
3. Encode your attendance list
ROLL CALL RULES FOR CREATING SPREADSHEETS:
Rule No. 1: Filename must follow the format: '$ROLLCALL' then space then title
Example: $ROLLCALL Physics101, $ROLLCALL Swim Team, $ROLLCALL History N5
Rule No. 2: Cells A1 and B1 are reserved cells used to locate the first record - do not put your data in these cells. A1 should contain a number pertaining to the column number of the first record (Note: A is 1, B is 2, C is 3, and so on). B1 should contain a number pertaining to the row of the first record.
Example: A1 = 3 and B1 = 5, means that the first record, say a student, is at cell C5
Rule No. 3: (Optional) Cell C1 is a reserved cell used to set maximum number of allowable absences - do not put your data in this cell.
Example: C1 = 10, means that if a record, say a student, has incurred 10 absences, his record entry in Roll Call will be highlighted, locked and made 'un-tap-able'.
SETTING UP YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT ON PHONE:
1. On your Android phone go to Settings, Accounts, Add account and tap Google
2. Choose Existing (or New, if you have no Google account yet)
3. Configure your account accordingly. Make sure sync to Google Drive is on.
1. Open Roll Call and login. If you have more than one active Google accounts on your phone, you will be prompted to choose the account.
2. Roll Call-compatible Google spreadsheets will automatically load, thus internet connection is required. Tap the spreadsheet to use.
3. Check your attendance! Toggle-tap present-absent to mark records. When done, tap 'Save & Sync'. Roll Call will automatically sync to the corresponding spreadsheet on Google Drive.
1. What will happen to the attendance report if I lost internet connection after checking? -- No problem. With Nueca's 'swable' (sync-when-able) algorithm, just check your attendance and Roll Call will keep the data on the device. When your device regains internet connection, Roll Call will automatically sync with Google Drive (even without you noticing it).
2. Do I really have to follow Roll Call rules on creating spreadsheets? -- Yes. You must, otherwise, your spreadsheet will not be read by Roll Call or you may not be able to achieve best results. Don't worry, there are only 3, 1 is optional, and they're all easy to follow.
3. What happens if I leave cell C1 empty? -- It ok. It will simply tell Roll Call not to count the number of absences each record or student incurred, thus, Roll Call will not highlight to mark records as 'dropped' or 'blocked'.
For a quick guide using Roll Call, see the 'Open Guide' within the app. Help us make Roll Call even more powerful! Email your comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roll Call is a product of Nueva Caceres Technology Solutions, Inc. (Nueca) Learn more at www.nueca.net
1. database of 4,300+ training institutions and 27,000+ training programs, which you can browse ands search through even if you're not connected to the internet;
2. news and features about TESDA events, activities and updates;
3. frequently asked questions (FAQs); and
4. directory of TESDA contact centers and offices in the country.
An initiative of the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), East Service Road, South Superhighway, Taguig City, Philippines
Phone: (+63.2) 887.7777
SMS Hotline: (+63) 917.479.4370 (Globe)
For technical feedback and support, contact:
Nueva Caceres Technology Solutions, Inc.
Copyright (C) 2012 Technical Education and Skills Development Authority, Philippines. All Rights Reserved.
Discover how Concessio and iRetailCloud can help your business. Email demo request and product brief to email@example.com
Concessio is a product of Nueva Caceres Technology Solutions, Inc. (Nueca) Learn more at www.nueca.net