- Lead images: experience Wikipedia like never before with a prominent, contextually-relevant image and description at the top of articles
- Image gallery: tapping on an image shows you the image full-screen in high resolution, with options to swipe left/right for browsing additional images
- Descriptions from Wikidata: when searching, each search result now contains a quick description that helps to contextualize the result. These descriptions are also shown in other areas of the app, like Nearby
- Article suggestions: scroll to the bottom of an article to see suggestions about what you could read next
- Saved pages: save select pages for offline reading and browse them even when you don't have a data connection
- Nearby: learn more about what's around you by getting links to articles about things that are near your current location
- Language support: seamlessly switch to reading Wikipedia written in any language
- Table of contents: swipe left on any article to bring up the table of contents, which lets you jump to article sections easily
- Wikipedia Zero: data charges waived for participating mobile operators
Send us your feedback about the app! In the menu, press "More", then "About the Wikipedia app", then "Send app feedback".
The code is 100% open source. If you have experience with Java and the Android SDK, then we look forward to your contributions! https://github.com/wikimedia/apps-android-wikipedia
* Take all the Wikipedia knowledge with you even without an internet connection, with Android's ONLY app to offer downloadable offline databases in over 30 languages!
* Make reading Wikipedia fun with our random article function right from the first page of the app!
* Discover meaningful encyclopedia articles and learn more about your surroundings with Wiki Encyclopaedia Gold's "articles near me" feature
- Pre-set the languages you use the most as your "favourite languages", then easily switch language to read the same Wikipedia article in one of those languages!
- Switch and search between online or offline Wikipedia Encyclopedia, or online Wiktionary ® dictionary
* Wiktionary dictionary allows you to search for words in any language and will provide the translation to that word as well as the meaning! It is a perfect two-in-one dictionary and translator.
- Suggest/Autocomplete feature for faster searching
- Show/Hide Wikipedia editing tools for contributing to Wikimedia's project
- "Search on page"
- Day/Night mode settings (Black text on white background or white text on black background)
- Share articles directly from your Wiki app!
- Mobile/Desktop mode
- Set Text Size
- Save Wikipedia or Wiktionary dictionary article to phone's memory / Reading list
Supported Wikipedia languages include: English, Nederlands, Deutsch, Svenska, Français, Italiano, Español, Русский, Polski, Tiếng Việt, 日本語, Winaray, Sinugboanong Binisaya, Português, 中文, Українська, Català, Norsk (Bokmål), Suomi, فارسی, Čeština, 한국어, Magyar, العربية, Română, Bahasa Melayu, Српски / Srpski, Minangkabau, Türkçe, Bahasa Indonesia, Қазақша, Slovenčina, Esperanto, Dansk, Lietuvių, Euskara, Български, עברית, Hrvatski, Slovenščina, O‘zbek, Volapük, Eesti, हिन्दी, Galego, Nynorsk,
==If you are having trouble downloading the offline wiki encyclopaedia databases, please go to the left menu, DOWNLOAD WIKI, RECOVER PURCHASE. From here you will be able to recover your offline wiki automatically and re-start failed downloads. Any further problems, please email us! ===
Download Wiki Encyclopedia Gold, today and share the app with your friends to qualify for a free offline database!
What’s new in this app:
* A major design update (we went native!)
* Editing – help improve Wikipedia articles from your phone!
* Everything is faster, whether you’re searching, browsing, or settling a bar bet
* Table of contents to help you navigate long article and get to the information you need
* Wikipedia Zero support – data charges waived for participating mobile operators (Wikipedia as always is of course freely licensed)
* Search any language Wikipedia
* Bookmark pages
* Random article
* Recent browsing history
You can install Wikipedia Beta alongside your current version of Wikipedia for Android, so you can test our new features before they go live for all Wikipedia for Android users. Your feedback will help us fix bugs and decide what features to focus on next.
Please help us improve this app by leaving feedback here or sending a note to our mailing list, email@example.com
This application also gives access to WikiTravels. With this feature you can access information about all travelling places across the world. This is very useful feature for those who like to visit famous places across the world.
The most important thing is this application is very simple to use.
Following amazing features are available with this application :
- Access to all wiki pages
- Live suggestion list (Autocomplete search)
- Ad free!!!!!
-The thumbnail related to a Wikipedia article will also appear on screen which will be useful while selecting a particular Wikipedia page.
- Access random articles
- Access today's featured article
- Access to wikitravels.
- Save unlimited articles (Pro version only))
- Access to wiktionary - online dictionary
- Access to WikiQuotes (Quotes from famous personalities) (Pro version only)
- Both desktop and mobile mode supported , user can choose according to their need
- Over 50 languages are supported including English,Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, Polski, Português, Русский, 日本語, 中文, Aragonés, Česky, Chamoru, Ελληνικά, Indonesia, Svenska, हिन्दी, मराठी, தமிழ், 粵語 and many more...
- Works well on 2G network
- New features are added after every month and according to users requirements.
Please rate the app if you like it. If you want to add new features in application, please mail me your requirements. I will surely give you updated version with new features.
Wikipedia, Wikipedia search, wiki search, wiki pages, wiki info, wiki encyclopedia, encyclopedia search., knowledge, knowledge, random wikipedia article
Special thanks to Amol Dere for providing artifacts
This free version comes with the top 2 million english wikipedia articles (about half the total number). Needs 3.6 GB space on your device to install.
Search and browse through the content of all articles even when you are offline. Powerful micro search engine optimized for smartphones searches the entire contents of all articles as you type.
• Highly compressed database
• Powerful micro search engine optimized for smartphones
• Search everything - search for articles by content not just titles
• Instant search - search results update as you type your query
• Optimized search ranking to help you locate the right article
• History and Bookmarks
• Search within article
• Font size adjustment
The best offline Wikipedia app on Android!
Wiktionary is a web-based dictionary that anyone can edit, available in over 150 languages.
Features: Save article to read later or offline, Share articles using Android "Share" function, Read article in a different language, Listen to word pronunciations, Full screen search ... and more
Send us your feedback on Twitter @WikimediaMobile.
- Wikipedia client for view all of Wikipedia’s articles
- Multiple windows support
- Language quick switch
- Light/Dark Theme
- Bookmark classification
- Download wikipedia article
- Support Offline reading
- Support App to SD
- Support Find on page
- Live search suggestions
- Jump to a random article
- Quick Search Box integration & a search widget
- 150 Wikipedia languages
- Auto detect language
- Adjustable text size
- Copy text from articles
- Share article with friends
- nearby article (location base)
Jesse Thompson: Seems to support every feature people complain about in the official app. Forward / back buttons,
random page button, does let you browse non - English Wikipedias better layout.
Zijun Zhao: Better than the offical one despite the network block in China, this app can still visit wikipedia while the official one can't.
vikash singh: Great app Provides login facility and bookmark ur pages, save page for later or offline reading,
zooming as well as tabbed browsing. Thats really gr8 but could be improved even better.
Agung Trianto Widya Nugraha: Fast & simple I like that this app loads lightly and simple. Easy top copy text and sends it to
my translator app either. Good work, dev!
EveryWiki gives you access to the usual wikis like Wikipedia, Wiktionary, but also to the likes of Uncyclopedia, Wikivoyage, and many, many more.
✔ Fast searching
✔ Loads articles quickly and shows them while still loading
✔ Articles and images are cached for even faster access
✔ Search widget (shortcut on older devices) for instant search on your home screen
✔ Transforms articles into a more readable and pleasant format
✔ shows all images in high resolution
✔ Material design
✔ white and dark themes
✔ Lots of Wikis about video games
✔ Funny wikis like the Uncyclopedia or the Zombiepedia
✔ Wikis about TV shows
✔ Scientific wikis like Rational Wiki
✔ and many, many more
You can follow me on:
EveryWiki needs a few permissions:
- Internet: allows to load articles
- Write to SD card: EveryWiki caches images and articles there
- Network status: figure out if you are on WiFi, saves bandwidth when on mobile network
- NFC: for Android Beam. Hold your NFC-enabled device to another device to beam your current article over
The app is free, and supported by ads.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* Synonyms & Antonyms
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Favorites - lets you keep a list of words that are particularly interesting to you
* For Tablets: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary
* Recent History - lets you keep track of the words you've looked up
The App is embedded with a powerful mobile search engine to make your information retrieval task easy and enjoyable.
It needs to be noted that the Wikipedia data used in the App may contain incomplete abstract for some articles. A couple of sample entries are given as follows:
"Nintendo”：| abbreviated_name = Nintendo
We are planning to improve the quality of data in near future.
Thank you for your support.
• Read Free Books—Choose from thousands of free ebooks such as Pride & Prejudice or The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
• Shop for Books—Easily shop for ebooks, including new releases and New York Times Best Sellers.
• Use the Built-In Dictionary, Google, and Wikipedia—The Kindle app has a built-in dictionary that allows you to look up words instantly while you’re reading your ebooks. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Sync Your eBooks—The Kindle app lets you read the same book across devices and automatically syncs where you left off so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another device. The app syncs your furthest page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights between Android, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 8, and any of our Kindle devices using our Whispersync technology.
• Sample Books Before You Buy—Read the first chapter of a book for free before you decide to buy.
• Customize Your Reading—Choose your preferred font size, screen brightness, background color, and orientation (portrait or landscape) to read your books.
• Borrow eBooks from the Library—Check out ebooks from your local library and have them delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app.
• Read print replica textbooks on Android tablets. Print Replica Kindle books maintain the rich formatting and layout of their related print editions and provide features to help students study smarter including ability to highlight passages, add margin notes, and search for keywords. Whispersync technology saves and synchronizes your bookmarks, notes, and highlights across your devices.
* Selection for U.S. users only; selection and price of ebooks and e-periodicals vary by country.
About app permissions
"Best Reference App" - Android Network Awards
"The Top 10 Coolest Things At CTIA" - mocoNews.net
"Favorite Mobile App" - Wave Award
* Wikipedia access in 13+ languages
* Find Wikipedia pages near you
* Live feed of what Wikipedia pages are being viewed.
* Disable ads by upgrading to Pro version
* 10+ million amazing articles from Wikipedia.
* Earn free, daily Pocket Change tokens that can be used for real-world items such as Starbucks, Amazon, PS3, and XBox.
To learn more about Wikipedia: http://www.wikipedia.org/
You can now log in with The Free Dictionary! Sync your bookmarks to all your devices and never lose them. Plus: Track your learning with neurons and badges and earn meals for hungry children through The Free Dictionary's partnership with the World Food Program—just by reading and playing games!
Content and Features
* Multiple English dictionaries, featuring extensive definitions, pronunciations, usage sentences, etymologies, and more.
* Extensive offline English dictionary and thesaurus. NOTE: Offline content must be downloaded separately using an Internet connection before offline mode can be accessed.
* Advanced Search options, including "Starts with," "Ends with," and "In definition."
* Multiple thesaurus sources, featuring synonyms, antonyms, related words, even images.
* Multiple encyclopedias, including Columbia, Collins, even Wikipedia.
* Multiple specialty dictionaries, including Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Acronyms and Abbreviations, and more.
* Online dictionaries in 13 other languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Arabic, Polish, Turkish, and Russian.
* Translate English words into more than 40 languages, plus dozens of other translation options.
* Play audio pronunciations of words and view a pronunciation key.
* Jump to Definition, Thesaurus, or Translations with one button.
* Look up the definition of any word on the page with one click.
* Search for words on the page.
* Create unlimited bookmarks. Sort alphabetically or chronologically.
* Learn something new every day with fresh daily content, including Word of the Day, This Day in History, Quote of the Day, Today's Birthday, Today's Holiday, and more. Even set notifications for daily delivery.
* Play games, including Spelling Bee, Match Up, Words Within Words, as well as Hangman in a dozen different languages.
* Customize your homepage: add or remove articles, games, even personalized horoscope and local weather in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
* Navigate the app in more than a dozen languages with the multilingual interface.
* Share your favorite definitions, encyclopedia entries, and articles via Facebook, Twitter, email, and text. Even share homepage articles.
* Set daily notifications for Word of the Day and other content.
* Adjust font size.
* Copy text (with supported devices).
* Use swipe gestures to move back and forward (with supported devices).
* Search via Android Quick Search Box, including voice-activated searching (with supported devices).
* For app developers: TheFreeDictionary.com app has the ability to be accessed by other apps with API calls (Contact Farlex for instructions on accessing TFD).
* Replaces default Wikipedia app
* Image zoom feature
* Multi language
* Optimized for Tablets
* Get Pro version for OFFLINE MODE!
Play Wikipedia articles with Text to Speech (TTS) using this music player-like app in virtually any language. Listen to any topic from sushi making to computer engineering all while driving around town or walking to class. Wiki Lecturer helps the busy individual learn on the go. It's also a great default Wikipedia reader on both phones and tablets on top of its audio features! Want to learn about many different topics? Use the Play Queue feature to store your future listening list!
Note: We do not control the quality of the Text to Speech engine since that is usually built directly into Android. If you don't like the quality of the voice you might want to try another TTS engine like SVOX or IVONA. They are both awesome TTS engines.
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments you may have.
1) Reads your Wikipedia article to you!
2) Auto-scroll when changing sections using Table of Contents
3) Facebook Sharing
4) Create your own custom Play Queues (Note: automatically moving to the next article is a Pro Feature only; but you can store articles in the queue)!
5) Drag-Drop reordering of your play queue
6) Long click links to add to play queue
7) Click images to zoom into full size image (WITH TWO FINGER ZOOM SUPPORT)
8) Change language and tone/accent
9) Search for articles in any language your phone supports
10) Search autocompletion
11) Remembers your search history
12) Changeable font sizes
13) Auto-scroll when changing sections (next/prev skipping as well)
The Pro version supports playing in the background, randomizing article play queues, skipping sections or articles, and more! Using Wiki Lecturer Pro you can even tell Wiki Lecturer to ignore wiki sections and (ie 'References') links that you don't want to listen to. Once one article is done, the next will automatically play.
Pro version features:
1) Music Player Mode! (play in the background)
2) Offline Mode!
3) Audio Widget!
4) Automatically play related articles from 'See Also' section (see Disclaimer below for details)
5) Automatic queue randomizing supported
6) Change speech rate
7) Change speech pitch
8) Skip to a section using the Table of Contents
9) Identify links and sections to ignore
10) No ads!
Note: you may have to download a third party Text-to-Speech engine for your language (try SVOX or IVONA Text-to-Speech for instance).
We have tested these languages (email us if your language doesn't work and need support added):
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Primarily tested on Samsung Galaxy S2 and S3.
The comprehensive WordWeb dictionary database includes:
- 285,000 words, phrases and derived forms
- 225,000 word sense definitions
- 70,000 usage examples
- 85,000 text pronunciations
- Synonyms, similar and related words
- N. American, British, Australian and international English
The intelligent word entry suggests possible correct spellings as you type, as well as listing words that sound the same or are often confused.
Additional features include the ability to drill down on any word in a definition, full bookmark support and history.
Search features include:
- Alphabetical listing
- Spelling suggestions
- Sounds-like and often-confused
- Fast pattern-matching search (*, ?, vowel and consonant)
- Filter search results by noun, verb, adjective, adverbs
The database includes proper nouns and common abbreviations in addition to English vocabulary (e.g. LOL, Oxford, ROFL, Webster, UNHCR, etc.)
No Internet connection is required to use WordWeb, and it's free. Better than dictionary.com? - judge for yourself!
pocket. The best in local business, restaurants, shops, spas, deals, coupons and more are now literally at your fingertips. Discover your city today using the power of local search!
Who needs the white pages when you have yellowpages for android?
Find a great shop and post it to Facebook Find a cool restaurant and post it to Twitter ( http://www.twitter.com ). Gather your friends from your favorite social networks and support your local economy!
Use this app to search for the nearest Walmart (http://www.walmart.com), KFC, Red Lobster, McDonald's, Starbucks, Target, Best Buy, Victoria's Secret and all major retail chains. You can also search for specific interests like vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, daycare, coffee shops, ATMs, cupcakes, desserts, golf courses and pretty much anything you can think of. Twitter users especially will make great use of the direct Twitter integration. This lets you share special finds with your Twitter friends.
Facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/ ) users will love the way the app connects to Facebook connect. There is no better Facebook integration on any YellowPages app on the Android market.
Now you can get the city's best discounts and daily deals from Yellow Pages for Android. YellowPages Rewards gets you the best daily deals from premium companies such as Groupon, LivingSocial, BuyWithMe, and HomeRun.
Some other apps that make nice companions to Yellow Pages ( http://www.yellowpages.com ) are White Pages, Craigslist ( http://www.craigslist.com ), Facebook ( http://www.facebook.com ), Twitter ( http://www.twitter.com ), Citysearch, Groupon, LivingSocial, Foursquare and Flixster / Movies. Each one is a bit different, but all play well with Yellow Pages for Android.
Showgun has two cool features that no one else has.
1) IndieRank. Different folks like different movies. We detect what kinds of movies you're into (foreign, indie and/or mainstream hollywood movies) and rank the movies accordingly.
2) Let's Go. In addition to browsing top box office movie showtimes and local theaters, Showgun now lets you invite your friends to the movies in two easy steps:
- Tap the [Let's Go] button next to any movie showtime you wish to see at a given theater
- In the Let's Go tab, tap the facebook button. This posts a link to facebook inviting your friends to the movies.
Compare Stun Gun to the stun gun used by the Joker in Batman. In Batman the Joker's henchmen all used front-facing stun guns similar to the Stun Gun app.
This app is not affiliated with Stun Gun International or its subsidiary companies in any way. Any similarity to Stun Gun products is wholly incidental.
This version of Coupons also contains daily deals from LivingSocial, LivingSocial escapes, LivingSocial deals. Also in this version are daily discounts from BuyWithMe, HomeRun, and other leading deals providers.
Coupons, Deals. Daily Deals. Daily Coupons. Haircut coupons. Salon discounts. Movie ticket discounts. Shopping coupons. Coupon codes. LivingSocial. Groupon. Beauty discounts.
This compass app shows you your bearings as well as your latitude and longitude, right above and below the compass.
Mirror also lets you save your mirrored image to your photo gallery, or upload it and share it on any installed app that supports photo uploads, such as Facebook for Android, Twitter for Android, Myspace, and other social media apps.
This free, ad-supported Mirror app is guaranteed not to have any spyware, malware, or trojans, or virus software. Be on the lookout: mobile security is easily compromised by malicious apps.
and every where in between!
We have food reviews and ratings for your favorite shopping, spas, salons and restaurants, and bars. Stop wasting your time tapping and searching on apps like yellow pages, citysearch, groupon, yelp, and urbanspoon. Start enjoying life.
Discover the power of shopping local from your smartphone. Find listings of your favorite restaurants, cafes, auto repair, window repair, insurance agents, and other local businesses.
This edition of Yellow Pages for Android is bundled with SafeBrowser, a tool that keeps you safe from over 1000 of the top malware sites on the internet.
Tapping the screen will switch the flashlight between white and color mode. You can use the color mode to make cool light-tracer effects when filming videos or taking stop-motion photos of yourself.
Flashlight, flash light, light, mag light, flash lite, flashlite