feecha is your neighbourhood news app. It is the best way to see what's happening in the neighbourhoods you care about – we do this by gathering content from newspapers, magazines, blogs and other apps that you can personalize. Think of us as a Flipboard for your neighbourhood.
Here's what you can do with feecha:
- Follow the neighbourhoods you care about and view a news feed for each neighbourhood
- Specify your interests so content is tailored to you
- View by interest and by neighbourhood, e.g. "Things To Do around Sentosa"
- See what’s nearby or in all of Singapore
- Bookmark a story (e.g. restaurant review) so you can go back to it later
- Get directions to a story's location
- Contribute a story of your own to the Forum
- Easily share stories to chat applications and social networks
Here's what we don't do:
- Take your contact list to spam your friends
- Drain battery when feecha is closed
- Do anything funky with your device
Note that feecha content is Singapore only at the moment.
We've handpicked from over 1000 sources, organized across 220 of Singapore's neighbourhoods and 20 interests including:
NEWS - Mainstream news in Straits Times and Channel News Asia, as well as citizen news in The Real Singapore and The Independent
HAPPENINGS - From I-S Magazine, Timeout, EventFinda to City Nomad, we have every notable event in Singapore covered
FOOD - Pro reviews from the likes of RubbishEatRubbishGrow, the4moose and six&seven
THINGS TO DO - Recommendations on activities, attractions and places from TheSmartLocal, Foursquare and travel websites
Other interests include arts, beauty, cakes & cafes, campus, community, deals, fashion, marketplace, movies, nightlife, pets, pubs & bars, shopping, sports and voices.
And here's what people have said about us:
THE NEW PAPER - "The idea to bring the kampung spirit to a digital platform came to them in a bar."
THE STRAITS TIMES - "The concept is simple: Users post comments or photos of anything they find interesting, which appears on a map as a feecha - a speech bubble-shaped cartoon creature."
HARDWARE ZONE - "The potential uses are vast - from foodies sharing pictures of delicious food at a particular restaurant to shoppers alerting others of a great sale at a shopping mall."
WIRED MAGAZINE - "feecha is a unique app that enables you to find 'what's hot now' in your location by screening content from all over the web."
TECH IN ASIA - "It offers something different from traditional news reader apps. Since it’s a location-first news reader app, users also can discover information that’s not necessarily news-related. For example, when reading a food review tagged to my neighborhood, I learned about a cool ice cream place about 400 meters from my house that I had never heard of before."
VULCAN POST - "Jaded by throngs of irrelevant posts? Feecha might just be the solution you need."
YAHOO! - "The potential is undeniable."
STUFF MAGAZINE - "An amazing Singaporean app." 5 out of 5 stars.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- If you have any suggestions, questions or bugs
- If you'd like feecha in your city (it’s Singapore only at the moment)
- If you want to submit your publication to feecha as a source of content