This app has 3 modes to keep the screen on:
1. Use System Setting – Restore to your device's system setting screen timeout value.
2. Until I turn off – Keep the screen on until you turn off the phone or put the phone on sleep.
3. Keep on for the desired period of time.
This app also has the following features:
- Run as a Service for quick and easy access from any other apps.
- Display a notification icon on top to indicate how long the screen has been on (Until I turn off mode) or how long the screen will be on (Keep on for next … mode).
- An option to keep the screen on but also dim the screen.
- This is an Ad-supported app.
To stop running as a service – 1) Select "Use System Settings", 2) Uncheck the "Run as a Service for quick access", and 3) Click on OK.
This app uses the following permissions:
- System Wake Lock: To prevent the screen from turning off.
- Internet access – To support ads.
The most popular screen on/off app. Reviewed by LifeHacker, MakeUseOf, TheNextWeb and many others ...
• Pocket Sensor: Turns the screen off if your phone is in your pocket.
• Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table and turn it off if not in use.
• Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by moving it.
• Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on while you are watching the screen. It relies on the small movements of your hand while holding the device.
• Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop.
• Locale plug-in for: Tasker, Llama and others
UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE
• Better performance
• Widgets, Shortcuts
• Wider range for Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout
• Wider range for Table Sensor
• Suspend in Landscape mode
• Exclude Apps option
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
Please, use the Uninstall button in the app. Due to Android restriction the app cannot be uninstalled on a normal way.
Ability to prevent screen from turning off when charging.
Keep screen on at system's brightness or dimmed.
Turn off the screen based on close proximity.
Ability to keep screen on when selected app is running and user is looking at the screen (camera is used to determine the presence of the user). This feature requires Android of version 4.0+ and a front-facing camera.
There is an application widget for quick service turn on/off.
1) Keep the current brightness (Don't dim)
2) Allow to Dim
Allows the screen to dim but will not allow it to lock.
3) Increase brightness to MAX
4) Decrease brightness to MIN
5) Set the custom brightness
These useful options can be used to dim the screen or keep screen with your desired screen brightness. Allowing it to dim would enable you to reduce the screen backlight but restore to full with a simple touch.
Supports Landscape mode and Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
1. Stop from Notification bar:
You can stop by clicking the "Stop" button in the notification, no more opening the app.
2. Always show Notification:
This option will always show the notification and allows you to START and STOP without opening the app. It currently picks up the last used option or the first option.
3. Start on Boot:
Selecting this option will automatically launch this app and apply the affect without even starting the app.
4. Start on USB:
This option will auto launch the selected option and disable immediately after disconnecting the device from USB. This is very helpful, especially for the developers.
Thank you for your valuable suggestions.Keep on your screen
As usual, NO ADS!!!
click to activate. click again to de-activate.
notification while app is running.click on notification to de-activate.
remembers the original display timeout settings and restores it back when de-activated
Useful while reading/driving
*** DOUBLE TAP on Status Bar to Screen OFF***
- Shake to Screen ON
- Shake to Screen OFF
- Recognizes when device in the pocket
- Swiping over Proximity Sensor to Screen ON/OFF
- Proximity Smart Cover feature for user using Flip Cover (If you use a phone case with cover, just close the cover to turn screen off. and open the cover to turn screen on).
- So with Smart Cover feature you just put the phone in your pocket to turn screen off, and take the phone out from your pocket to turn screen on.take it out of the pocket the screen auto turn on.
- When device on hand = Screen ON
- When device face down or in the Pocket = Screen OFF
- Double Tap on Status Bar to Screen OFF
- Shake to turn off, use the proximity sensor to open the screen to the most comfortable and most effective.
- When only opening screen features with the proximity sensor when taking the phone out of the bag itself on the screen.
- Besides you can very much for the way how to shut off by different types of sensors.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
Unfortunately in some devices, the accelerometer sensor cannot be used when the screen is OFF so you can't turn on screen by feature 1 and 3.But if you checked option for device do not turn on the screen, you can use Proximity or Smart Cover feature to turn on/off the screen.
Check your device on link:
How to uninstall app :
You can click on Uninstall button,
**To uninstall the app, please go to the setting page and click the "Remove device administrator" button**
With over 2 million of users and over 30 languages support, Screen Off and Lock is the No.1 screen off application in Google Play Store.
Screen Off and Lock allows you to switch off your devices from:
1. Launcher shortcut
2. Launcher widget 1x1 - 4x4, resizable in Android 4.0+ (Also available in lock screen for Android 4.2+) (Donate version)
4. Floating button over all apps! (Double tap to use it) (Donate version)
5. Search button (if your device has it)
1. Screen off animation (including the most famous Old TV style)
2. Screen lock/unlock sound effect
3. Screen off vibration
For those who cannot see the screen off animation even the app is reinstalled, please follow the procedures below:
Android 4.x: Go to "Setting > Developer options > Transition animation", and then select 1x for this option.
Android 2.x, Make sure you selected the option "All animations" under "Settings > Display > Animation".
1. By detecting p-sensor, automatically turn on/off the screen for you.
2. Allows you to only enable the function during charging.
3. Allows you to disable the feature when the screen is rotated.
4. You can set separate timeout values for screen on/off delay to prevent from accidentally triggering the feature.
5. A widget is supported to quickly toggle the function.
6. Notification is supported to quickly toggle function, or directly turn screen off.
7. Power Save Mode: works on some devices. Try if it works for YOU!
8. Play sound or vibrate while close.
9. Exclude apps you don't want automatically screen off feature
10. A widget to turn off screen! great power saver yet useful
0. Modify Settings in "Auto Screen Settings" app and enable the function
1. Add widget "AutoScreenOnOff" to your home screen
2. Press once on the icon to trigger Device Management Confirmation Dialog.
3. Agree to activate device management. (This is required to turn off the screen)
4. Now everything should work now. Try cover your hand over the top area of the screen (where the proximity sensor might be located) to see if it works.
- Since it uses proximity sensor to detect whether the screen should be on or off, this may use some power consumption. So, if you are not using your device for a long time, suggest you turning off the function.
- If you wants to uninstall the app, please do it from top of the app.
Translation Helps from:
Hai Long Hoang: Vietnamese
WebFrogeye : French
Ján Kučera: Slovak
Xander Stone: Dutch
Andrew: Russian, Ukranian
Paul L. Scholz: German
ps. If you have any suggestions, questions, bug reports, or you are willing to help translate strings, please send me email. email@example.com
With Shake Screen-on, you can Open the screen with a shake or two other ways! Maybe better than use power key.
Shake Screen-On provider three way to open screen .
1.shake -- shake you cellphone
2.Near receiver -- touch you cellphone receiver
3.flip -- flip you phone.
This application requires you device hardware support. if it can't work on you device. please tell me, or uninstall it.
*Screen on when charge option
Screebl, the battery saver keep your screen on wunderkind, works based on a simple observation: we generally hold our phones or tablets in roughly the same positions when we're using them. Screebl uses the sensors in your mobile device to detect how you're holding it, and when your device is within a configurable range, the screen is kept on. Move out of that range, and Screebl releases the lock and the screen is allowed to go off. Using gravity, screen orientation, and other cues, your screen is kept on when it should be, and turned off when you don't need it. It's simple, but it works amazingly well!
How is Screebl a battery saver? Well, it's simple. On most phones, the screen is the single largest consumer of battery power. With Screebl running you can reduce the average amount of time that your screen is on by only keeping it on when you're ACTUALLY using your phone. The amount of savings can vary significantly by device and usage patterns, but it is not uncommon for users to see savings of 20% or more. See our web site for more details.
★ "Screebl is ingenious..." -- KnowYourMobile.com
★ "Screebl also helps you extend your battery life..." -- AndroidAuthority.com
★ "Screebl is a far more effective way to utilize our screen timeouts..." -- Android Spin.com
★ "Works out of the box..." -- AndroidTap.com
★ "Screebl offers an intelligent solution to the problem of screen control..." -- AndroidGuys.com
★ "Excellent customization..." -- Phandroid.com
✓ PocketLock locks your phone when you put it into your pocket, unlocks when you take it out
✓ AppExceptions let you turn Screebl off when selected apps are running in the foreground
✓ Locale Plug-ins and Tasker integration provide automated control and customization of Screebl
✓ Look-and-feel customization lets you make Screebl look the way YOU want
✓ Better detection algorithms
✓ Screen timeout set from Screebl
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - Needed to a start Screebl when phone starts up.
INTERNET - Needed to check for new instructional videos and submit debugging information.
WAKE_LOCK - Needed to keep the screen on.
WRITE_SETTINGS - Needed to update system settings related to screen timeouts.
GET_TASKS - Needed to disable Screebl when selected apps are running (AppExclusions).
BILLING - Needed to allow in-app upgrade of Screebl Lite to Pro.
READ_PHONE_STATE - Needed to check phone state (e.g., in-call, speakerphone on, etc.) to provide in-call behavior (e.g., disable Screebl or lock screen on)
✓ Some phones do NOT deliver sensor events when the screen is off. Examples include some HTC phones, some Sony Xperia phones, and quite a few Motorola phones. PocketLock may not work properly on these phones. See this link for more info: http://www.saltwebsites.com/2012/android-accelerometers-screen-off
✓ PocketLock sometimes causes battery drain on some devices. The effect of the PocketLock feature varies widely from one device to another. The longer that you have PocketLock monitor for removal from your pocket, the more power used. Most devices see a minor increase in power consumption when using PocketLock (4-8%).
✓ Stillness detection doesn't detect small movements on some devices. A few devices have coarse-grained sensors, and movement is not detected well, causing unwanted stillness timeouts. I am working on a fix for this that will be in an upcoming release. Most phones are fine.
✓ Screebl doesn't start when the phone is powered-on. On some HTC phones the "fastboot" capability can cause problems with Screebl starting at power-on. I've done my best to fix this, but it still is a problem on some HTC devices. Screebl must NOT be moved to SD storage.
The screen off & lock action can be used to create a widget that locks the screen if your power button is broken.
See more details on creating a widget with AutomateIt: http://automateitapp.com/user-guide-2/widget-a-shortcut-to-your-rules/
To use this app you need to install AutomateIt Free or Pro.
Screenshots shows how the plugin is used within AutomateIt
★★★ To uninstall the app, you need to deactivate the device administrator. Go to device settings → Security → Device administrators and deactivate the plugin ★★★
- One click to active the widget and keep the screen on
- One click to deactivate the widget and restore the default screen behavior.
It's as simple as that!
Keep in mind that keeping the screen on drains the battery.
1) Turn off the screen by sliding your hand
2) Turn off the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Tap and Hold)
3) Turn on the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Tap and Hold) - Note: This can cause Battery Drain
4) Enable screen on/off during calls only
5) ScreenOff shortcut, to turn off the screen by launching the app.
6) Based on your device select the sensor of your choice, or the one that's available and configure their values, as they are different for different devices.
Motivation to build this app:
1) While the phone is in pocket, and you have your bluetooth headset connected, even though you can answer your call with a click of bluetooth headset button, because the screen goes on and remains on, your call may hang-up or go on hold or probably few buttons may get pressed, isn't that annoying?
2) Lot of android phones don’t turn off the screen when phone is held close ear (You may end up hanging up on someone)
3) Accidental call pickups: Since capacitive screens are sensitive to touch as well as heat, An Incoming call gets picked up automatically when phone is in the pocket (And we get obliged to speak to annoying calls)
4) Its Cool!!!
5) If you are a HD2 user, you would know the pain. Many users have replaced that hardware buttons due to usage!!!
NOTE: To un-install, go Settings, Locations & Security, Select Device Administrators and disable the ScreenOff App
For Support: Post you questions on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9884280#
1) HD2, Desire HD, Nexus One, Motorolla Xoom(Light Sensor), DROID Incredible
This small utility offers graphical user interface to set "wake lock" from application or widget. It shows tray notification while the wake lock is active.
Uses only http://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/PowerManager.html API.
- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
-Input in the loan amount, interest rate and the installment period in years
-Screen is kept ON while app is on
-Screen orientation is fixed to portrait
-Option to clear all the fields
Once installed, press and hold the search button on your android phone and a dialog will appear. Then select bluetooth toggler to toggle between your bluetooth states of ON and OFF. You may also set it as the default action when you long press your search button, but it is recommended NOT to set as the default action, so that you may use it in conjunction with other search button replacement tools such as Screen On Toggler (also by me).
You may clear the default setting for Bluetooth Toggler by going to the Manage Applications area, select Bluetooth toggler and scroll down and click on the "Clear Defaults" button. This should restore the selection dialog when you long press the search button.
To disable your bluetooth connection, you may either touch on the bluetooth toggler icon on your android's notification bar OR you can long press your search button and select the bluetooth toggler again, to toggle it. It's that simple.
- Fixed some small bugs with getting bluetooth adapter
You can then tap on the items in the list to play the video with your favourite video player. Since we tend to use many different video players on Android due to some players having better codec support or video playback support, Video List Player allows you to just generate one list and then use that list to browse the videos on your Android device with ease instead of relying on multiple Android video players to scan your internal/external storage multiple times for video files.
Video List Player works on Android devices running on Android 2.01 and above and is optimized for viewing on Android Tablets running on Android 3.x.
The application is in its first release and if you have any suggestions kindly comment and I will consider adding them into the next release. If the app doesn't work on your device for some reason, please kindly provide feedback on which Android device you are using and what kind of issues you are facing with the app.
Thanks for your support!
Note: Internet access permission and network state access permission is required for ads to be displayed.
TIP: You may click on media icon in the generated list itself (next to the filename) to play the selected video :)
-Add up to 5 items
-Option to split bill equally
-Ability to reset and start over
-Option to share app with others
-Screen is always kept on while app is in view
Once installed, press and hold the search button on your android phone and a dialog will appear. Then select wifi toggler to toggle between your wifi states of ON and OFF. You may also set it as the default action when you long press your search button, but it is recommended NOT to set as the default action, so that you may use it in conjunction with other search button replacement tools such as Screen On Toggler (also by me).
You may clear the default setting for Wifi Toggler by going to the Manage Applications area, select Wifi toggler and scroll down and click on the "Clear Defaults" button. This should restore the selection dialog when you long press the search button.
To disable your wifi connection, you may either touch on the wifi toggler icon on your android's notification bar OR you can long press your search button and select the wifi toggler again, to toggle it. It's that simple.
New In v1.2:
- Added new option to show notification bar icon only when wifi is enabled
- Fixed some small bugs causing the toggling not to work in the main activity