IN LOCO, the widespread museum of abandonment, is a museum without walls, a research project developed by Spazi Indecisi to tell the story of the most important abandoned places in Romagna.
The official and constantly evolving guide that will help you discover the places of IN LOCO, the widespread museum of abandonment, and the special contents, specifically developed for the project.
Through the seven travel itineraries that you can find in the app, you will be able to explore the territory, following the steps of a cultural and material heritage that risk to be forgotten.
What can you do with the app?
- you can see the location of the abandoned places and the seven itineraries of the widespread museum on the map.
- you can get more information on the places, view historic images and other visual contents.
- you can easily reach the places with the link to Google Maps.
- once you get there (in loco), you can experience on your device the special contents (audio, video, etc.), that are only available if you are physically in the proximity of the places.
Explore the first 7 routes!
LAVORI IN TRASCORSO. A tribute to some of the most significant workplaces of the twentieth century in Forlì.
DO. VE. Contemporary art investigates the aesthetic and narrative potential of eight abandoned places.
TOTALLY RIVIERA. A trip along the Romagna coast to discover the wreckages of the colonies built during the fascist regime.
TOTALLY TERRAE. A trip to the Romagna hinterland to discover the architectures built between the two world wars.
UN’ESTATE AL MARE. An itinerary to discover the spaces that have helped to create the legend of summer on the Riviera.
DARSENA 3.0. Between sea and industrial archeology, the itinerary pays homage to the historical outposts of Ravenna's productivity.
SENTI IERI. Through the memories of its inhabitants, a hiking route dedicated to the old stone houses of the Apennine Romagna.
Are you ready? Have fun exploring!
- The app requires Internet connection.
- The app is available offline.
- The English version will soon be available.
- For a better listening experience of the audio-video contents, we suggest to use headphones.
- The app is accessible only upon registration, that can be completed through Facebook or by inserting the requested information in the field “registrati”.
IN LOCO is a project by Spazi Indecisi. You can get in touch with us to receive more information or buy the physical maps of the itineraries!