This simple app will show you notifications about the state of your phone network connection on the Android Wear device. Just one glance to know if you are using Wifi, LTE, UMTS or if you are currently offline! See the signl strength in percent or dBm and the current network name! The information will automatically update every time the watch wakes up from ambient mode.
You even get a notification if your watch looses the Bluetooth connection to the phone. This makes any 'forgot my phone' app unnecessary!
The notifications can be customized through the companion app on the phone and it is also possible to only show the notification cards manually on the watch.
✔ Notification on transition between WIFI, MOBILE and OFFLINE states
✔ Customizable behaviour through the handheld companion app
✔ Signal strength indicatior icon and absolute value in %, RSSI/dBm and ASU level
✔ [NEW] Additional details pages showing MCC, MNC, LAC, CID, BSSID, IP, ...
✔ Automatic update of the notification when the wearable device wakes up
✔ Works with all watchfaces and Android Wear devices
✔ Available languages: English and German
This app uses the following permissions to detect the network state and signal strength:
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Get information about the network connection status
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Get the wifi name and signal strength
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Get information about the cellular connection
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: To query the system for the currently connected
network cell (to get the signal strength) this permission is also required
In addition the following permissions are required by additional features:
- VIBRATE: Used to vibrate on notifications (can be turned off!)
- BILLING and INTERNET: Only used for donations via in-app purchases and PayPal, Flattr, Bitcoins, ...
I want to thank Dominik Schürmann for developing a Android Donation Fragment (https://github.com/dschuermann/android-donations-lib) which is used by this app!
Wear Network Notifications is free open source software released under the GNU General Public License v2! You can get it in the Google Play store or download the APK file and the source code from GitHub (https://github.com/demantz/WearNetworkNotifications).
Please help me to improve the app by
- Reporting issues in GitHub (https://github.com/demantz/WearNetworkNotifications/issues)
- Rate the app
- Donate some money