mGTSClient is conceived to be battery efficient OpenGTS client compatible with the GPRMC protocol. OpenGTS is a software for GPS fleet management and control.
GPS Location service is only used when necessary. Location is calculated using cell phone towers, users can specify a minimum precision threshold in meters to start using GPS location.
The application includes a background service that updates current location and sends it to server and a control panel to change user preferences.
• Runs as a background service
• Service starts automatically and keeps running unless disabled
• Very low battery usage
• Sends battery level to server
• Works with GPRMC webapplication
• Host: Address of the GTS server (www.example.com)
• Port: Port where the server is listening (80)
• Device id: Id of the current device top update in the server(device_1)
• Server Path: Path to the server's GTS application (/gprmc/Data)
• Service enabled: Enable/Disable background service (TRUE)
• GPS Location interval: Time in milliseconds between GPS location service updates (60000)
• Network Provider interval: Time in milliseconds between network location service updates (30000)
• Location max accuracy: Threshold in meters when GPS location service provider is preferred to Network location provider (200)
• Timer interval: Time in milliseconds between threshold checks (1000)
• Send interval: Time in milliseconds between server updates.