This a very comprehensive city guide created by a native of Belfast.
The app features accommodation listings, where to eat listings, what to do, historic, city information and tourist information along with extremely detailed maps making your trip to Belfast easy and enjoyable.
Features of Triposo’s guide to Belfast:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Restaurants & pubs
* Day trip section
* An offline map of the city
Walking tours included in this application are:
* Downtown Belfast (9 sights)
* Architecture Walk (9 sights)
* Museums and Galleries (8 sights)
* Religious Walk (8 sights)
* Shopping Tour (6 sights)
* Belfast Nightlife (6 sights)
* Landmarks Tour (8 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Provided by PLACE STARS (http://www.placestars.com).
- SIMPLE: Very easy to use simple offline maps without hard-to-understand functionality. It’s just a map, and it’s very easy & simple to use! You don’t have to learn to use the Offline Map App, just download and start the app.
- USEFUL: The Offline Map App is very informative and you may check it yourself! It includes topical articles from Wikipedia - the online encyclopedia, edited and prepared for you by our editors to use offline in our application without Internet connection.
- COMPASS FEATURE: New compass feature helps users orient themselves while navigating in new destination.
- ADDRESS SEARCH: Find cities, streets, houses with our easy-to-use super search feature.
- POINTS OF INTEREST SEARCH: Filter and search any places - point of interest (POI) on our map based on categories such as restaurants, bars, night clubs, museums, parks and more.
- GET DIRECTIONS: Show routes to any point on the map - address, bookmark, POI (bar, café etc.)
- SAVE BOOKMARKS: Easily save current location to bookmarks and display it on the map anytime.
- MAPS ARE AVAILABLE OFFLINE: Download and store the entire map data in your mobile phone locally, and use the map without internet connection. There are no roaming charges, as long as the application is completely offline and it doesn’t use internet to access the data at all. Maps work anywhere!
- NO MOBILE ROAMING CHARGES: Offline map - means no online connection and no internet roaming - no payments for using maps. Application stores maps on SD flash card or internal memory of your mobile device and uses them every time you start it, so it works without internet.
- DETAILED VECTOR HIGH RESOULTION 17xZOOM: The app uses VECTOR maps, vector data means that you will get maximum detail and zoom, maximum coverage with a small map file - that is why our 17xZOOM is very detailed. It allows zooming-in with high resolution.
- LOCATE YOURSELF: Detect your precise location with the GPS function. Your location will be shown on our offline map.
- FAST: It is a fast map app. Zoom works fast, navigation is fast. We use data compression “know-how” algorithm to make the application work fast.
- UP-TO-DATE MAPS: The maps are fresh and updated as long as we use OpenStreetMap (OSM) maps, edited and supported by half a million of people all over the world. Our Offline Map App uses only fresh data.
- FREE UPDATES: You will get absolutely free updates forever as we add new versions.
Belfast,UK,Map,Offline Map,street search,route map,coordinates,compass,guide,vector maps,routes,place,state,offline maps,street index,stand-alone map,2d map,map with me,holidays,addresses search
*The ultimate companion to Belfast City & the must see Titanic Quarter!*
… Culture Northern Ireland, April 2012 – “A slick design, user-friendly interface and easy-to-follow directions make this app-based guide to the Titanic a pleasure to use.”
… Sync Northern Ireland April 2012 – “My Tour Talk has devised the perfect travel accompaniment for tourists planning a visit to the city.”
… Belfast Telegraph April 2012 – “My Tour Talk has devised an app to allow ex-pats to enjoy the centenary Titanic celebrations from the comfort of their own home.”
*STOP THE PRESS*
INCLUDES AN EXCLUSIVE AND INTIMATE INTERVIEW WITH JOHNNY ANDREWS, DIRECT DESCENDANT OF THOMAS ANDREWS, DESIGNER OF RMS TITANIC.
DISCOUNT TOO – Get 10% off at the Titanic Pump House.
FAMOUS POINTS ALONG AUDIO TOUR: Welcome to Titanic, Donegall Quay, The Odyssey and W5, The Titanic Quarter, SS Nomadic & The Hamilton Graving Dock, Titanic Belfast, The Slipways, The Drawing offices & Johnny Andrews, The Cranes and Shipyard, The Paint hall, The White Star Line, The Thompson Pump House & Dry Dock.
>EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW – Listen to our exclusive interview with Johnny Andrews, a direct descendant of both Thomas Andrews, the chief designer of Titanic and Sir William Pirrie, the then chairman of Harland and Wolff.
He shares his unique and intimate insight into the great men behind one of the most ambitious feats of engineering ever undertaken, before telling you what the legacy of Titanic means today.
>DESIGNED, WRITTEN & CONSTRUCTED IN NORTHERN IRELAND - My Tour Talk’s Titanic Belfast app is entirely produced by those who know Titanic best, the locals! Sample some of the famous Irish ‘craic’ as you’re guided on your way by some of our legendary local ‘characters’.
>AWARD WINNING WALKING & DRIVING AUDIO TOURS – With My Tour Talk you are in safe hands! We specialise in creating audio walking and driving tours and have brought a wealth of experience to this app.
The quality of the tour will soon become apparent as will the passion and effort that have gone into its construction, a factor which we believe led to our shortlisting for a major award in the 2011 Appy’s!
>DIRECTORY – Our fully interactive directory provides comprehensive listings in eight categories; Shopping, Attractions, Nightlife, Transport, Food & Drink, Events, Activities and Accommodation. Each location listed is provided with relevant contact details as well as your immediate proximity to it.
>MAP FUNCTION – Your Titanic Belfast tour is fully plotted, all of the points along your tour are geo-located. There is also a ‘find me’ feature which will highlight your exact location should you want to check out your location from anywhere.
You can also tailor your map to geo-locate all of the outlets listed in the directory nearest to you and your itinerary. Yeah, well it’s handy to know where to grab the nearest taxi, bus or cappuccino!
>PROMOTIONS – Look out for our 10 % discount on entry to the Thompson Pump House. As well as valuable promotions with our new partners, The Hastings Hotel Group!
So is it all just too good to be true? Why not check out what the press has to say about My Tour Talk?
*MY TOUR TALK PRESS BITES*
ABOUT BELFAST – “Check out Northern Ireland like a local.”
BELFAST TELEGRAPH – “The content is expertly researched & is delivered in well-known local voices.”
PUBS OF ULSTER – “The Belfast My Tour Talk apps are unique and innovative.”
NORTHERN IRELAND HOTEL FEDERATION – “Excellent layout and user controls with quality audio”
UTV Live Tonight – “It’s the Tourist Guide of the future and its here today. The story of Titanic complete with maps downloadable to your smartphone …”
Search the app store for My Tour Talks’ other fantastic audio guides!!!
The mobile streetmaps are for you! All the map data is loaded on your phone before you leave your home, so can you be on the streets, offline, and still know everything about the area you are in, and locate yourself or any street in the city. You don’t need any network connection at all once the application is installed on your phone – no WiFi, no 3G, no GPRS!
This is a complete street level map for your phone. The entire map is stored on your phone, so it works where you have no access to the Internet - it works where Google Maps is inaccessible. This prevents expensive data roaming charges by loading all the map data to your phone before you leave home. You can turn off all network functions and still be able to find your way around. Lets you find all streets, and many useful locations such as ATM's, parkings, museums, and many others.
Map data (c) OpenStreetMap and contributors, CC-BY-SA.
• Practical travel guide with detailed information like attractions, getting around for each district of Belfast City.
• Travel utilities like hotel booking, currency converter, weather forecast, world clocks, reminder, alarm and many more available within the app.
• Intuitive, easy-to-use one tap pane interface with tight social network integration for Check-Ins, photo sharing and places review.
• Just one app for all your devices with dedicated UI and data sync capabilities.
• Plan your itinerary and port your activity data between different devices and social network using our pangeaguides.com website.
• Community sharing experience for your photos, reviews and travel memories with your friends and other fellow travelers.
Premium features of Belfast Travel Guide bring exclusive travel utilities that reduce travel planning hassles and make the experience fun and memorable. Premium features consists of -
• A next generation modern marvel Augmented Reality experience that brings surrounded by wonders feeling.
• Search for cafes, restaurants, theatres and even hospitals with carefully organized location data. Find more than 1000 Points of Interest around you and get directions to places of your interest.
• Extremely detailed Belfast offline map for no connectivity areas or internet availability (Connection required on first time use).
• Comprehensive set of utilities and tools that will help you plan your trip. Organize checklist, send postcards, bringing a collection of useful travel apps within a single app.
• Discover people, places and culture with information about upcoming local events.
Designed and developed by the travelers, for the travelers that works in all parallel universe!
From historic castles, to the world famous Titanic; from the best restaurants and shopping to the vibrant nightlife, our guide takes the hassle out of planning your stay here.
☆ Find the lowest price on accommodation in Belfast, guaranteed!
☆ Compare room deals from all 90 hotels, B&Bs and hostels in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
☆ Check real customer reviews.
☆ Access all the lodging information in 39 languages.
☆ Get the price rates in 27 currencies.
All these being backed by our best price guarantee! If you find cheaper prices we will reimburse you the difference. Terms and Conditions apply, please read more at http://i.lowerhotels.com/BestPriceGuaranteePopup.aspx
Keep up to date and never miss the Hottest Deals!
* Find us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/lowerhotels
* Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/lowerhotels
* Visit our website: http://www.lowerhotels.com/
Know which is your nearest bust stop.
Know which bus goes from your location to a chosen suburb
See in proper native google maps bus stops for any bus number.
Use Journey Planner to find your best bus / train or ferry route (using Translink results page)
- Not only can you type an address for Journey Planner you can now type say
Coles or Woolworths or an address like 54 Glindemann Drv Holland Park or a restaurant say like Govindas the search function within the Journey Planner activity will find it for you and you will be able to get your appropriate Journey Planner route results!
Clicking on any bus stop link takes you to Translink's bus stop URL where you can view which buses are schedule to come in the given hour.
Note: this application requires you to have Google Play Services + it uses your GPS so make sure it has location access turned on. (ie make sure you can go to google maps and that it can find your location!)
When installing the first time it may take a while before it starts properly let it start (usually 3 seconds) this only happens the first time you install it.
*** Tip ***
Click on a list item or map marker to gain access to Translink's bus stop URL
More from developer
Search for a train now or a future time/date
Auto-complete station name search
Upgrades coming to enable selection of route by name rather than search by stop as well as GPS functionality
This App is NOT affiliated to Translink