You can add more RAM to your device by creating a swap partition.
Also you can repair some damaged sdcard and scan for bad blocks.
Only supports the "primary" type partition.
-Repair damaged filesystems .
-Enable swap partitions.
Partition tables supported are:
Filesystems supported are:
-Phone with su (root).
-Install in internal memory.
-Before start AParted be sure that your sdcard is disabled.
-If you start AParted and your sdcard is mounted, when you make
a partition you will get a warning about the sdcard is mounted.
May be when you go to settings android show that your sdcard
If you have this problem, mount and umount your sdcard and AParted
will works for you.
-If your device isn´t detected o incorrectly detected do a search in
google to discover your device is easy to find and set in configuration
menu manually, AParted will woks for sure!
If you want any extra features just let me know and I´ll do my best to get it done.
Now aparted has a small tutorial if do you have problems to use this application go
to the website to see the Aparted manual.
-GNU and Linux.
-All beta tester that help me and my boring tests...
-Thomas Weiss for German translation.
keywords: sdcard , partition , fdisk , parted , swap , ext3 , fat , fat32 , format , ram , repair , damage , chkdsk , damaged
You can also benchmark sd card writing and reading speeds.
You can also submit results and information to internet. In future there will be results. (As soon I got enough results).
Please write to me sreenshot if there are some problems.
Does not shows Card Info On Galaxy S, but you can check speed of external sd Card.
Please write to me, if you got suggestions, or problem report. I can not reply you to comment. And I can't fix problems if I got no feedback. If SD Tools can not test external card, please let me know.
You can view results of over 150000 results sampled over time. Choose in menu (Results).
- Doesn't show sd card info on some phones.
- Does not work with some Motorola phones. (Don't download)
Advanced path for: (path is case sensitive)
Samsung Galaxy Note 2: /mnt/extSdCard
Samsung Galaxy S 3: /mnt/extSdCard
Helpful functions to save battery and prevent "sd card removed" error.
Media Scanner (root required)
Activate and deactivate Media Scanner to save battery.
Use Scan now to manually scan your media.
Choose by yourself if you want to scan internal sd, external sd or custom path.
Prevent unexpectedly removed error
Experimental function to prevent "sdcard unexpectedly removed" error.
To prevent the error, there are two services you can activate and deactivate.
These functions are experimental and not prevent all errors!!
Higher battery drain when activated experimental features.
- Enable / Disable Media Scanner
- Rescan manually
- Experimental "prevent sdcard errors"
This app need ***ROOT*** access for enable/disable mediascanner!
You can use experimental functions and Scan now without root.
The standard path to the external sd card is "/mnt/extSdCard/".
You can change path to external sd in settings.
Missing a feature, need help or want to report a bug please contact at: firstname.lastname@example.org
App tested on GalaxyS3 and GalaxyS4
One touch SD card update!
No unnecessary GUI. No unnecessary advertisements. (:
If your Gallery does not automatically update after adding media to the SD card, then you must download Rescan SD.
Place a shortcut of the app on your home screen to rescan and update the SD card with just one touch.
If you find an issue, do contact me on email@example.com
* User can select where to write the test file.
* User can define the size of the test file.
Application will write a test file and read it back testing it's content.
It will test the speed and the storage capacity. Useful to check for a damaged or fake card.
Some cards claim to be 32 GB but are in fact less. These cards are fake. Use this app to find out if yours is a fake one or not. Just set the test file size to the max size available and start the test.
Read the instructions at the beginning.
Supports the following features:
- Mobile Software List;
- Move one or all of the software to the sd card;
- A key to clear the software cache;
- Adding mobile software to ignore list;
- The size of the cached data display software;
- Show all available memory card size;
- Mobile software to the phone memory;
- Open this software in the market;
- Uninstall program;
- Open the program;
- Display software details.
It is possible, the app doesn't work on android 4.4 and higher!
SD Insight is a free, fast and easy to use application that you use on your cell phone. Within seconds the application reads the technical details from your SD card and displays the information in an easy to understand format.
SD Insight clearly displays the SD card’s manufacturer name, date of manufacture, and the product name and serial number. You can also view technical details about the internal eMMC and SDIO devices in your cell phone. Additionally, you can easily see if your SD card is a counterfeit one.
If your gallery does not update automatically then use this app to update it in just one click. This app scans your media and enters them in database. It also updates your thumbnails.
* Supports Tab 10" and 7"
* One click SD Card rescan utility
* Added Progress Dialog
Monitors the unmount the SD card, and re-mount automatically.
It was developed by Softbank ARROWS A 101F for the original, but it seems to have resolved by the update V55R42D of 2013/10 release.
I have still exposed just because some errand in other models with similar behavior.
Please report from the review by all means people who work in the non-101F was confirmed.
* Please turn off the automatic remount of this application if you want to unmount and remove the SD card.
* This application does not mount more than that of the SD card. At your own responsibility to back up your data.
In addition, please note especially because there is a possibility of failure of the SD card if the unmount is performed too often.
* There is a Donate version on the market if you would like to donate for this work.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND DON'T FORGET TO MAKE A RECOVERY BACKUP BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE THIS!!!
DOCUMENTATION & HOWTO:
* Rooted device
* Init.d Support
* An additional Ext2, Ext3 or Ext4 partition on your EXTERNAL sdcard
* SWAP Support (Needs kernel support)
* ZRAM Support (Needs kernel support)
* Move and Revert content between /data and /sd-ext
--- /data/app and /data/app-private
--- /data/app-asec (Used by Android 4.1+)
--- /data/app-lib (Used by Android 4.2+)
--- /data/data and /data/user (Android 4.2+)
--- /data/media (Used by some Samsung devices as internal storage)
* Optimizing internal partitions
* Checks/Fixes the sd-ext partition during boot (Needs e2fsck)
* Auto Clean /sd-ext/Lost+Found to avoid having it take up to much disk space
* Disable/Enable Ext4 Journal (Needs tune2fs) on sd-ext
* Let's you use whatever linux file system for sd-ext which is supported by the kernel
* Change Storage Threshold to fix Market issue 'Not enough space'
* Comparing destination partition to folder sizes before moving content
* Change Internal and External Readahead and Scheduler
* App Manager (Pro Unlock Only)
* Current Status Overview
* Configure the script
* Log Viewer
--- Switch Theme and Style
--- Install Script (With S-On fallback)
--- Select/Deselect Internal Busybox
--- SQLite3 Fix for devices with broken libraries (With S-On fallback)
**REQUIREMENT** Rooted Phone and Root Privilege are Required Because This App Need to Change the Kernel Parameter of Your System.
Android OS and devices have many variations, it's not possible to test in all platforms. If your installation does not work, please just uninstall it, don't give any bad comments nor low ranks. Many people mobiles just work while yours does not.
If you like this application, or want to donate to the author, or want AD-free version, please visit https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.RombieSoft.adj_sd_speed_pro
Latest PRO version provides more settings for IO scheduler, fifo_batch, nr_requests.
This app can adjust the SD card parameter "read_ahead_kb" in your Android Linux kernel setting. By setting the attribute, your mobile device and SD card read/write might gain better performance. The buffered read performance is highly correlated with running Apps on SD, browsing photo albums, etc. The write performance is not directly controlled by this attribute. By enlarging read buffer with reducing read action to SD, write command can be done more quickly and efficiently without being interrupted by multiple separate SD read command. On the mobile device equipped with less memory space, it's recommended not to set the buffer size larger than 1024KB. The larger buffer size is good but it might affect the available memory space used by other buffers and normal Apps. It could result in bad performance due to Android needs to kill inactive Apps and recovery memory frequently.
Also, you can set the App option to automatically enlarge the default system buffer on EVERY boot.
This app also has built-in performance testing feature. This does not actually reflect the real RAW SD read/write speed, but highly relative to your normal phone and Android usage because Linux OS has system buffer for file IO.
**NOTE** Android is multi-tasking OS and Java-like VM. Due to lack of REAL-TIME operation (and impossible to lock your phone to do real time jobs), the performance testing results might be affected by many factors, such as background tasks, App managers, Dalvik VM garbage collections, Android System and Google Services, and etc. If the testing result looks not accurate, please quit/kill some applications running in the background or accessing to SD, and perform multiple run to see the best one.
This FREE version only has 512KB, 1024KB, 2048KB for you to set the SD read_ahead_kb size. Also the performance testing size is also limited to 2048KB and below only.
Browse trough a sorted list of files and folders, and find out at a glance what are those things you don't need and that fill up the precious memory space. Get rid of them in a few clicks.
I originally wrote this app for myself, then thought it might be useful to others. It is meant to be lightweight and very easy to use, it will not replace a regular file browser.
This is a Beta version, so please email me with any unexpected behaviour or general feedback.
Use A1 SD Bench - free tool to benchmark your phone & tablet SD card, RAM and memory, to test IO read / write speed (Quick, Long, Random I/O and Accurate) and check media performance, and compare your benchmark results online.
★ Free, and without Ads
★ Four benchmark modes - Quick, Longer, Accurate and Random I/O
★ Built-in compare results online (anonymous)
★ Built-in view statistics online
★ SD card speed test, or multiple SD cards
★ Speed test any Android storage including RAM and USB
★ Nice looking, clean, fast, responsive & intuitive UI (User Interface)
★ Measure both read and write speeds to find out how fast is your SD card
★ Quick and Accurate benchmark (to reduce caching effects)
★ Check your speed-test results with other devices
★ Speed categories: Class 2, Class 4, Class 6, Class 10, UHS-I, UHS-II and UHS-III
★ Custom location option to test any device directory
★ Shows total and free memory for all media including RAM
• Internal memory
• Internal SD cards
• External SD cards
• System RAM (Random access memory)
• USB flash drive (including, NAND flash, USB 1.0, USB 2.0, USB 3.0)
• Up to 6 USB flash drives (connected simultaneously via USB hub)
• USB HDD (Hard drives)
Supported memory cards:
• SD Cards
• Micro SD
• Micro SDHC
• Micro SDXC
• Phone's built-in memory (card)
• Problem? Please, send us your feedback using Send Feedback feature from the Settings screen, or http://a1dev.com/feedback/
• We can not test all Android devices, so if your device's memory / SD card / USB is not detected correctly, use Send Feedback feature from the Settings screen, specifying path to your storage, e.g. /mnt/sdcard/, /mnt/usb_drive;
• NTFS and other non-native file systems is supported as far as your Android device is compatible with a such FS.
• Your device needs enough free (100 MB and up, depending on media speed, and up to few GB if using longer test option) space for benchmarks to work;
• More: http://a1dev.com/sd-bench/notes/
• From the application itself
More info on permissions:
• "Storage" & "Media" is used to benchmark your device storage, SD cards and USB attached drives.
• "Internet" is used to access and submit online scores and for anonymous usage statistics (both can be enabled and disabled).
More from developer
Currently has a choice of 3 classic songs (louder by popular request), or you can now also pick your own song!! AWESOME!!!!1
Make the violin bigger or smaller by grabbing one of the corners around the violin and dragging to the desired size.
One song is a version of "God Knows" from "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" (thank you to Earnest) - http://goo.gl/eYr1j
If anyone knows what the other two songs are, can you leave a message? I can't remember and Keith and his wife would love to know.
Help me help you: I'm looking to improve Mail Tap and need your help. Please email me comments and suggestions on how to make it better.
The Keyboard They Tried To Ban!!!
Tap into the future of productivity with
GMail Tap for Android. Double your typing speed with this revolutionary new keyboard.
Supports punctuation! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_code#Letters.2C_numbers.2C_punctuation
As an added bonus we have designed this version of
GMail Tap to be multi-lingual from the get go. If your alphabet has an 'a' and a 'z' we're the keyboard of preference for you! Multi-bueno!
To use you will need to enable the keyboard from the Settings menu under the 'Language and Input' area. Then you will have to set as the active keyboard either by long pressing an input area and selecting 'Select input method' or via the "Select input method" item in your notification bar.
- Shift: We've bought you the entire range of upper and lower case characters
- Reference guide: A handy crib sheet for those of you not so up on your morse yet
- Two keys: dash and dot
- Space bar: added to increase typing speeds
- Ship to shore mode: activates your phone's flash to communicate with other power users across an ocean (of people)
- Sounds: enjoy a fully immersive typing environment
- Full morse support: now you can send email, write code and communicate with friends in foreign languages!
- Table tap: microphone enabled off screen tapping
Please help with translations if you can, I'm pretty sure they're wrong! Email me if you want to contribute
Warning: for users with strong lock-screen passwords - make sure you are familiar with this new exciting out-of-this-world classical input method before locking your phone!
- Added iambic mode
- Added speed change dialog in preferences
- Fixed the Morse Flasher
- Tweaked keyboard layout
- You wanted character case support - it's in!
- In-line predictive character suggestions as you type
- A reference guide - with all supported characters
- You asked for it (I think) now supports the Wuban character set
- More translations
- Ship to shore mode now integrated - activates your phone's flash to communicate with other power users across an ocean (of people)
- Bigger icons on the buttons
- Some translation updates