Some of the great features:
★ Fast scanning in background (you can close the app till it finishes scanning)
★ Files categorization
★ Files preview
★ Largest files on the top of the list
★ And more ...
SDCard is a shared place where applications can save their data. It's often full of big files that are not needed anymore. Please be careful, deleted files can't be restored. Your phone can have more than one SD Card (some new phones have internal and also external SDCards).
This app can be used as:
Memory cleaner, SD card cleaner, large files finder, big files finder, storage optimizer, storage cleaner.
If you have any comments or suggestions please let us know :)
Please note that internet connection is needed only for the ads.
You can also benchmark sd card writing and reading speeds.
You can also submit results and information to internet. In future there will be results. (As soon I got enough results).
Please write to me sreenshot if there are some problems.
Does not shows Card Info On Galaxy S, but you can check speed of external sd Card.
Please write to me, if you got suggestions, or problem report. I can not reply you to comment. And I can't fix problems if I got no feedback. If SD Tools can not test external card, please let me know.
You can view results of over 150000 results sampled over time. Choose in menu (Results).
- Doesn't show sd card info on some phones.
- Does not work with some Motorola phones. (Don't download)
Advanced path for: (path is case sensitive)
Samsung Galaxy Note 2: /mnt/extSdCard
Samsung Galaxy S 3: /mnt/extSdCard
Poke around the Android section of the Internet and you’ll hear something similar. Users are in an uproar because they updated their phone to Android 4.4 KitKat, and now the SD card support has changed. Apps no longer work, folks have problems with cameras and music players, and while everyone else is saying “Oh, yeah. That’s how it works now,” nobody warned them in advance before they grabbed that update. (By Jerry Hildenbrand posted on Android Central March 12, 2014)
If the above description suits your situation, this patch is born to save you!
Google has modified the default permissions for the external SD Card on Android 4.4 KitKat, which directly caused many of your favorite third parity apps lose read/write access to external SD card and became useless.
Problem you may have for third party apps after the KitKat Update:
* File Manager app can no longer create, move or edit files or folders on external sdcard
* Camera, Music or Video app can no longer save files to external sdcard or edit your media file saved on ecternal storage
* Previous paid or free app/game data saved on sdcard can no longer work or be accessed
* WiFi syncing to SD card is blocked
* Move apps to sdcard is blocked
* many other problems
Here we are providing a FREE, SIMPLE, and Ads-free app which helps you magically restore all your previous access to external SD card. Once this patch in installed on your phone, the third party apps can run nornal as before.
1. This app requires Root Access and must grant Superuser Permission to use. (If your device is not rooted, please Google your device model root method and apply.)
2. We cannot recommend or give you direct methods to root your device, since root method varies from devices.
3. Please make sure you are having problem of reading external SD card on KitKat, or this app cannot help you with anything
4. Please make sure you have an external SD card (removable storage) on your device, for example, Samsung S 4. If you are using Nexus, then you do not need to install this app.
5. As is generally the case with all root modifications, you need to take all risk by yourself.
6. File Expert, the powerful file manager, has updated to support most devices on KitKa. Please have a try.
7. This patch may not work on device which runs unofficial OS( By unofficial OS means OS not developed by Google or your device provider, since the unofficial OS has changed Android default settings)
8. This patch may not work on all the Android devices running on Android 4.4 KitKat. If it does not work please just uninstall. We are working on to support more devices.
If you do not understand or vague about what happened to your Android after update to KitKat, please look through the following info carefully.
KitKat and SD cards — what's fixed, what's broken and what's misunderstood: (http://www.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes)
External Blues: Google Has Brought Big Changes To SD Cards In KitKat, And Even Samsung Is Implementing Them
Note 3: KitKat update disabling use of external micro SD Card (http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3/364683-note-3-kitkat-update-disabling-use-external-micro-sd-card.html)
If you have any questions about this problem, please feel free to contact us.
Thanks for all your support.
Keyword: external sdcard, KitKat, Android 4.4, secondary external SD Cards, external storage, KitKat update, expandable storage, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, write to sdcard, access to sd, micro SD, third party app, third party apps, Android 4.4.2 KitKat update, SD fix, KitKat External SD Card Patch, Kitkat issue
Convert all your Mp4, Flv, Avi, Mkv, Mp3, Flac, Wma, Ogg, Aac, M4a, Ac3, Ape, Wav files. All major formats supported.
Highly Customizable output format: configure entirely the output format with customizable size, codec, aspect ratio, fps, frequency, bitrate...
Split your videos and extract some selected parts
Example supported conversion:
- Convert Wma to Mp3, Wma to Aac...
- Convert Mp3 to Aac, Mp3 to Wma...
- Convert AAC to Mp3, AAC to Wma...
- Convert Flac to Mp3, Flac to Aac...
- Convert Flv to mp4, Avi to Mp4...
- Convert Mp4 to Flv, Mp4 to Avi...
Preset with automatic settings for: Android MP4, 3G2, Asf, Audio Only (Mp3, Aac, Wma, Mp2), Avi, DVD (NTSC format), DVD (PAL format), Flv, iPad, iPod, Mp4, Mpeg1, Mpeg2, Ps3, Wmv
InApp Purchase to unlock highest quality profiles
**This app uses FFMPEG application for the encoding process
SD Insight is a free, fast and easy to use application that you use on your cell phone. Within seconds the application reads the technical details from your SD card and displays the information in an easy to understand format.
SD Insight clearly displays the SD card’s manufacturer name, date of manufacture, and the product name and serial number. You can also view technical details about the internal eMMC and SDIO devices in your cell phone. Additionally, you can easily see if your SD card is a counterfeit one.
Android 4.4 KitKat removes your ability to write files to the MicroSD card (on phones/tablets that have both internal memory and user-installed MicroSD cards). NextApp SDFix restores this ability by modifying a configuration file. As this app changes a system configuration file, it requires root access.
WARNING! PLEASE READ BEFORE INSTALLING:
* THIS APP REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL THE APP.
* This app is used to change a device configuration file.
* Please read this entire app listing for a description of exactly what this app does to determine if it is appropriate for your device and/or custom ROM.
* This app is designed to solve a specific problem. If you don't have that problem, don't install this app.
* This app is only useful on devices that have a user-installed MicroSD card. If you have a Google Nexus device or other device without a MicroSD card that you physically installed yourself, then this app isn't going to be helpful.
* This app is likely only useful if you have a stock ROM. If you're running an aftermarket ROM like Cyanogenmod, then there is no reason to install this app (good aftermarket ROMs don't suffer from the problem that this app corrects).
* NO WARRANTY: as is generally the case with all root modifications, you assume all risk by using this software.
* As with any root modification, ensure you have the knowledge to fully restore your device to stock if required.
[ About MicroSD Cards in Android 4.4 / KitKat ]
When Google released Android 4.4, they specified that applications you download can no longer write to user-installed MicroSD cards. Apps can still write to internal flash storage. Some devices (like Google Nexus devices) only have internal storage, and are unaffected. Other devices (e.g. Samsung Galaxy and Note devices) have the ability to expand their storage space by installing a MicroSD card. When KitKat is installed on such devices, apps are limited to only being able to manipulate files on the built-in storage, with write-access to the MicroSD card being restricted.
This change represents a removal of functionality compared with Android 4.3. 4.3 allowed apps to write to the MicroSD card, as did prior versions.
The limitation introduced in KitKat does not affect the capabilities of preinstalled apps, only apps you choose to install. Apps preinstalled by Google, your device manufacturer, and your carrier still have this ability. Only apps that you choose to install are restricted.
[ Technical Details ]
NextApp SDFix will modify the configuration file located at /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml to allow apps to write to the MicroSD card. Specifically, SDFix will add the Android UNIX group "media_rw" to the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission's configuration. This will enable apps (only those that you granted write access permissions to when you installed them) to write files to the MicroSD card. On many devices, this is effectively reverting the state of this permission back to the way it was configured in Android 4.3. This modification is carried out by modifying the existing XML file, rather than replacing it.
A backup of the original configuration file will be saved at /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml.original-pre-sdfix (provided one does not already exist). Reverting this modification can be accomplished by using a root -enabled file manager to replace the /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml file with the backed up version.
[ Additional Information ]
This app is free and has no advertisements (with the exception of links to other NextApp apps when it completes its task).
--- Please do not contact me with requests for information on how to obtain root access on your device. The process is different for every device, and often requires technical expertise to install. ---
* User can select where to write the test file.
* User can define the size of the test file.
Application will write a test file and read it back testing it's content.
It will test the speed and the storage capacity. Useful to check for a damaged or fake card.
Some cards claim to be 32 GB but are in fact less. These cards are fake. Use this app to find out if yours is a fake one or not. Just set the test file size to the max size available and start the test.
Read the instructions at the beginning.
One touch SD card update!
No unnecessary GUI. No unnecessary advertisements. (:
If your Gallery does not automatically update after adding media to the SD card, then you must download Rescan SD.
Place a shortcut of the app on your home screen to rescan and update the SD card with just one touch.
If you find an issue, do contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
The only what you need is ROOT! (for automount ntfs,reiserfs and ext 2-4 you need kernel support)
You need at least 5mb free cache! Install this app to your internal Phone Device otherwise you can get trouble with automount! And again! Please make sure the app is installed to your internal phone memory !!!
now you can create, delete, check and repair your SD Cards with a touch!
Now the time is over you need any Desktop PC to easily create partitions.
Now it is more easy on an Android! Support all drives wich are from type SD!
Primary and extened Partitions are supported.
Note! Some Devices can not use extended Partitions and hang at boot!
You can create Partitions from Type:
FAT32 / FAT32(LBA) - Linux - Linux Swap -HPFS/NTFS - EFI GPT EFI FAT-12/16/32 -FAT 16 / FAT16(LBA)
You can format all Partitions on your SD Card, with Filesystems:
exFAT FAT32 EXT2 EXT3 EXT4 Linux Swap NTFS and ReiserFS.
You can mount all Partitions, für ext2-4 reiserfs and ntfs you need kernel support!
Automount after Reboot for all Partitions!
You can check the filesystems: FAT16,FAT32,exFAT,ext2,ext3,ext4,ntfs
You can repair the filesystems: FAT16,FAT32,ext2,ext3,ext4
You can backup and restore yout partitions and MBR!
You can set readwrite when your SD card is set to readonly!
You can benchmark your partitions!
This Tool needs ROOT!
Nobody is perfect and Android neither.
Apps you have already deleted, sometimes leave data behind.
The system constantly creates logs, crash reports and debug files you don't really need.
Your SD-card is collecting files and directories you don't recognize.
Lets not go on here...
Why not get a maid to clean it all up?
SD Maid will help you keep your device neat, clean and tidy :-)!
Give it a try, you won't find a more thorough cleaning tool!
Choose a tab, press start and then either click a single item to delete or press the clean all button. It's just that easy.
There are various features available:
* Explorer is a full fledged filemanager, use it to crawl through your Androids files.
* You can use the Searcher if you know what file you are looking for.
* The CorpseFinder searches your device for orphaned items and compares those to the list of installed applications.
* AppControl lets you freeze, reset and remove applications (even system apps).
* The SystemCleaner scans your device and filters directories which contain unnecessary files. You an even create your own filters!
* You can optimize and shrink bloated databases to speed up access and free space.
* View your biggest files and find out what is hogging all the space.
* Find files that have been modified in the last X minutes.
A few additional features as well as comfort and convenience functions can be unlocked by buying and installing the unlocker (SD Maid Pro).
SD Maid is constantly being developed and designed very carefully.
Due to the vast amount of Android devices SD Maid might not work perfectly on your device, in that case I would appreciate it if you give me a chance to fix it by contacting me.
If you have questions or concerns send me a mail (email@example.com). I usually respond quite quickly and will happily help you out.
Obtaining SD Maid from unofficial sources puts your device at risk.
A big thanks goes out to all the beta testers @ http://sdmaid.darken.eu/beta who helped me improve SD Maid v3.
I would also like to thank all the volunteers @ http://sdmaid.darken.eu/translation that made SD Maid accessible to non english speaking users by translating it.
An unfinished help document is avaiable here:
*** REQUIRES ROOTED DEVICE WITH BUSYBOX INSTALLED ***
*** PLEASE CHECK LIST OF SUPPORTED DEVICES BEFORE DOWNLOADING! ***
*** THIS APP IS DESIGNED ONLY FOR ICS (4.0.3) AND ABOVE ****
*** INCASE OF ISSUES WITH UPDATED VERSIONS JUST GO TO ANDROID SETTINGS -> APPS AND CLEAR DATA OF THIS APP ***
** If for some-reason this app is not functioning as per your expectations or if there is any issue or if you want to request for any new feature please dont hesitate to drop me an email! **
This app supports 40+ Xperia devices!!! Scroll down to check list of compatible devices!
This will connect the internal & external SDCARD as a USB Mass Storage device. So basically the SDCARD will act as a USB stick/pen drive. You can use the classic/advanced copy manager (TotalCopy, etc) which give you greater level of control and possible better copy speeds. Also the SDCARD will be now be easily mounted on linux devices which have issues recognizing MTP connection.
Make sure that any apps on SDCARD are NOT running in background.
for more details on this app/posting queries/requesting device support please visit my following thread at XDA:
Supported Devices (ICS, JB & KitKat ROMs):
Xperia Z2 Tablet
Xperia E1 (dual)
Xperia Z1 Compact
Xperia Z Ultra
Xperia Tablet Z
Xperia Acro S/HD
Xperia Tipo Dual
Xperia E Dual
Xperia Arc/Arc S
Xperia Mini Pro
Xperia Live Walkman
Xperia Neo V
Xperia Neo L
For Xperia Z2, Z2 Tablet, M2, E1, Z1 Compact, Z1, Z Ultra, Z, ZL, ZR, Tablet Z, SP, L, M; Xperia T, TL, TX, V:
Internal SDCARD has EXT4 filesystem!
Mounting is only supported on LINUX based PC!!!
If you are using Windows PC you might get a prompt to 'Format the disk in drive', DO NOT CLICK IT as this will damage the internal memory of device!
Napstar - for discussing this workaround which was ment for recovery but it works in OS very well
Soheil - for Graphics & Design
Get huge games to external SD(micro SD) and work fine.
So you can easily move the game data files to external SD card and solve the problems that internal SD space is too small.It also applies to other games data to external SD, such as gun bros, Dungeon Defenders.
Users can customize the mounted folder in setting.Must wait for data loading is complete, and set the folder with the corresponding app.It can be used in exceptional folder or navigation, etc.
How to use and please Note:
Only root required.
1.For new user,using "move data" function move your game data to external SD.
(Android/data folder is moved to "external path/data" ,gameloft/games folder is moved to "external path/games",and Android/obb is moved to "external path/obb" folder in the SD card)
2.Run this program.It lists games and click 'open' to play.
3.For old version(v1.x.x). If you wanted see other games (not gameloft)
,press Menu->Click "Setting"->Check "/sdcard/Android"->back to list.
4.If you want to click the desktop icon to execute or update from PlayStore,You need to uncheck "unmount when leave" in app setting and click mount.
5.Press and hold can remove game item.
6.If you flashed new rom or updated and "GL to SD" didn't work,please clear the data of "GL to SD".
7.Note that this app is not compatible with other mount app or script, for this would interfere with each other and causing the unmount timeout.
Support Android 4.2 above from version 2
last old version
If you have any questions, email developer rather than to the star.
Problem about "mount /unmount timeout".
Just click twice.
If you use sony device,you need to flash remount-reboot fixer.
Feature for Pro users:
Add slots of "custom folder" to 100.
Mount at boot.
Check and delete duplicate files in internal memory.
Support for developer to modify and improve this app.
**Limited to the core of each phone set different, each phone have encountered can not guarantee normal operation.
If not executed, please return your phone's models and ROM versions, have the opportunity to add in the new version.
**When you want to connect to the computer as a USB hard drive, remember to unmount(or check auto unmount).
**If you are willing to translate into your native language, please send an email to the developer.
• Move apps to SD card
• Move apps to phone internal storage
• Sort app by movable, name, size and time
• User can custom [Install time] [Package name] [Apk path] to show in list
• Show app details: size, install time, package, apk path.
• Open app
• Search in market
• Search in website by apk name, package name, app name
If we granted root permission, we can move multi-app in one click, and can move almost all apps installed.
If you get "Sdcard share the same disk with os", means that Android os set up ***default*** SD card and system partition in one disk, So we can't move apps from system to default SD card, cause they are in the same disk.
The app requires root access to modify /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml. All it takes is one simple click of a button and all your apps will now be able to write to external storage again.
To use this app goto the image you would like to save. Click menu and then share. In the share menu you will see Save to SD Card. The image will be saved on your SDCard. The image will then be avaliable in your gallery.
If files saved fail to show you may need to reboot your device. Future saves should then appier ok. Most devices do not require a reboot, unfortunatly, some do.
If you have any problems please mail the developer. I'm unable to reply direct to feedback.
In Android 4.4 KitKat, the method used by most older programs to rescan a storage medium no longer works. Instead, an interface must be used that only allows one file to be specified at a time. This app works by determining what files/folders might need to be scanned again, and then by calling the correct API on each file/folder.
This app is licensed under the GNU GPL v2 or later, with source code available at http://github.com/jerickson314/sdscanner
SD Scanner can be used with Tasker by using the "Send Intent" action listed under "System."
Use the following settings, leaving the ones I don't list at the default:
If anyone wants to write a proper Tasker plugin, I'll happily take a Pull Request on Github.
Additional contributions from the following:
- Czech translation: Jaroslav Lichtblau
- Chinese translation: Laurence Chiu
- Russian translation: Github user "relan"
- UI tweaks: relan
Currently has a choice of 3 classic songs (louder by popular request), or you can now also pick your own song!! AWESOME!!!!1
Make the violin bigger or smaller by grabbing one of the corners around the violin and dragging to the desired size.
The songs are a version of "God Knows" from "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" (thank you to Earnest) - http://goo.gl/eYr1j and Historia de Amor (From Romeo y Julieta) Orquestas de Oro, Vol. 1 the other 2 in this app Duets for 2 Violins by Boccherini and Fantasie for Violin Solo in E. Flat Major- 3 Largo (Telemann) (thanks Andy Williams)
Help me help you: I'm looking to improve Mail Tap and need your help. Please email me comments and suggestions on how to make it better.
The Keyboard They Tried To Ban!!!
Tap into the future of productivity with GMail Tap for Android. Double your typing speed with this revolutionary new keyboard.
Supports punctuation! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_code#Letters.2C_numbers.2C_punctuation
As an added bonus we have designed this version of GMail Tap to be multi-lingual from the get go. If your alphabet has an 'a' and a 'z' we're the keyboard of preference for you! Multi-bueno!
To use you will need to enable the keyboard from the Settings menu under the 'Language and Input' area. Then you will have to set as the active keyboard either by long pressing an input area and selecting 'Select input method' or via the "Select input method" item in your notification bar.
- Shift: We've bought you the entire range of upper and lower case characters
- Reference guide: A handy crib sheet for those of you not so up on your morse yet
- Two keys: dash and dot
- Space bar: added to increase typing speeds
- Ship to shore mode: activates your phone's flash to communicate with other power users across an ocean (of people)
- Sounds: enjoy a fully immersive typing environment
- Full morse support: now you can send email, write code and communicate with friends in foreign languages!
- Table tap: microphone enabled off screen tapping
Please help with translations if you can, I'm pretty sure they're wrong! Email me if you want to contribute
Warning: for users with strong lock-screen passwords - make sure you are familiar with this new exciting out-of-this-world classical input method before locking your phone!
- Added iambic mode
- Added speed change dialog in preferences
- Fixed the Morse Flasher
- Tweaked keyboard layout
- You wanted character case support - it's in!
- In-line predictive character suggestions as you type
- A reference guide - with all supported characters
- You asked for it (I think) now supports the Wuban character set
- More translations
- Ship to shore mode now integrated - activates your phone's flash to communicate with other power users across an ocean (of people)
- Bigger icons on the buttons
- Some translation updates