- Monitor your Wi-Fi connection and disable it after a preset time if no network is connected.
- Schedule your connections; disable Wi-Fi or mobile data automatically during the periods you set (perfect during the night, you save battery and won’t be woken up by e-mails).
- Enable or disable Wi-Fi and mobile data for a preset time (i.e. if you plan to venture to the woods for a few hours).
- On/Off switches for both connection types are provided on the main screen of the application, for easy access.
(Mobile data functionality currently only works on devices with Android 2.3 and above, Wi-Fi works for older versions)
I hope you will find it useful, enjoy!
For suggestions about added and altered functionality and bug reports, please use mail rather than setting low score reviews, this makes it easier for me to overview and enables me to reply to you.
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Needed to check Wi-Fi connection status.
CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Needed to enable and disable Wi-Fi connection.
CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE: Needed to enable and disable mobile data connection.
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Needed to get mobile data connection status.
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Needed to start services when device starts
Keywords: connection, wifi, 3g, data, manage, schedule
Using it, you can track what cell towers you are connecting to, the strength of the signal, etc and try to determine the parameters that the phone uses to switch cell towers. It was written for GSM phones, but It works on CDMA phones as well.
This is a mini network monitor for your phone. It monitors the upload and download speed per second. It will always stay in the corner of your phone's screen. You can set the indicator to any corner of the screen, customize the color and transparency of the indicator. In this way, you can enjoy surfing internet, just like what you do in your PC! You can record the live network information for your WiFi / 3G / 4G network speed!
★ Live Network Traffic Meter (Speed / Data Rate)
★ Custom Prefix (U: / D: etc.)
★ Custom Color, Width, Height, Font, Font size, Transparency value
★ Hide /s Suffix (per second)
★ Adjustable Kilo Value
★ Adjustable Decimal Places (Please turn it off if you have flickering problem)
★ Normalize VPN / proxy / loopback traffic
★ Custom Readings Location
★ Show on Status Bar
★ Hide Readings when there is No Traffic
★ Hide when Specific Apps are Running
★ Hide when Day Dreaming (screen saver - 4.2+)
★ Beta Test: Traffic Breakdown Mode (for supported devices only)
Pro version support auto-hides when there is no traffic, hides monitor for specific apps, and it is ad-free. You can also disable the notification icon. Pro version is available at:
1.0.102 Korean (Young-wook Kim)
1.0.99 Xiaomi fix (小米、紅米)
* Fix for 4.4.2 (service not restart bug, now restart when unlock)
* Djek Energetik (Russian)
* 川﨑聖哉 (Japanese)
1.0.96 Fix for 4.4
1.0.93 Fix for Nexus 5
1.0.91 Bug fixes
* Fix for kitkat (4.4)
* Fix cannot get total traffic bug for some devices (require GET_TASKS permission)
* Advanced color (prefix)
* Layout (horizontal / vertical)
* Notification: IP and Network
* Optimize for HD res
* Start on boot option, bugs fix
* Notification fix (4.3+)
* Custom prefix
* Text transparency
* Manual input x, y for custom location
1.0.68 Text alignment option
1.0.65-67 UI for 4.x device
1.0.63 Enable Text shadow, allow "0" transparency level
It is a bundle of 6 in 1 where you are able to monitor CPU, RAM, I/O, Network, Apps and your Battery so you are actually paying for 6 applications together in a single one!
Comparing to the Lite version this application unlocks monitoring in the forms of:
- Notification bar
- Floating apps
- DashClock lockscreen widget extensions
- Saving and scheduling of background monitoring sessions
Grasp the full power of customization and configure features, such as:
- The algorithm you prefer the most for calculating the remaining battery time;
- The update interval of real time monitoring, in order to spare system resources;
- Monitor total CPU usage or individual CPU cores (if your device has more than 1 CPU core).
WARNING: Expanded notifications only works on Jelly Bean+ due to API limitations.
- Help translating! https://crowdin.net/project/system-monitor
- Feature graphics made by www.johnxde.com #
- DRAW OVER OTHER APPS: This permission is needed in order to display the floating app option.
- RUN AT STARTUP: This permission is need in case that you want your notifications to start on boot.
Find out what is slowing down your Android device!
Unlike other tools, CPU Monitor records historical information about processes running on your device. You can configure the length of the information capture. You can store and review up to 100 captures.
CPU Monitor will even automatically begin recording information when an application exceed the set thresholds for CPU over a specified time interval.
You can use the information stored over time to identify trends in application behavior and to identify processes that utilize too many resources over a period of time.
CPU Monitor is capable of manual and automatic captures or snapshots. The app can automatically start a snapshot capture of what processes are running and what amount of resources they are consuming.
The app also allows you to graph each process captured in the snapshot and you can graph the CPU, the memory and the battery drain.
The app also allows you to kill the process as well as O/S processes if your phone is rooted, otherwise it will kill only user processes.
The app only uses about 4% of the phone's CPU to run in background monitoring mode and about 8% when capturing data.
CPU Monitor will help you identify processes which slow down your phone over time.
Shows your CPU usage stats on a small bar graph in the corner of the screen. The bar can be as small as 1 pixel high. CPU use is shown as a percentage filled with color.
*Compatible with HTC One X and Galaxy S3 Quad-Core Phones*
+ Custom foreground & background colors
+ Alpha transparency enabled
+ Auto-start (run at boot)
+ Custom width (100px to full screen width)
+ Display above or below status bar
+ Multi-core CPUs displayed on separate bars, or combined
And for PRO users, these extra features:
+ Customizable Height
+ Customizable Update Speed (save more battery life!)
This tool is perfect for developers debugging apps. See your system CPU usage at a glance, without an annoying popup or overlay interfering with your app usage. Grab the PRO version to set the update interval as small as 100ms!
Micro CPU Monitor is ideal for use while playing games - the 1 pixel screen footprint means you won't miss any of the action!
==Battery Saving Gurus==
This CPU monitor is a great way to keep an eye on your battery drain. No matter what app you're using, the Micro CPU Monitor can tell you at a glance which applications are chewing up your CPU cycles.
---Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)---
Q. I've got a quad core device. Why don't I see all four cores being used?
A. Android tries to optimise the CPU usage, by shutting down cores when they're not needed. Your phone will rarely use all 4 cores. Try downloading a CPU Stress Test app, and you'll see the four cores then :)
+ SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW - Required to create a system-wide overlay for the monitor on edge of screen
+ RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - Required for the auto-start feature
+ INTERNET & ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - Used for error reporting, and anonymous usage reporting using Google Analytics.
Note: No personal information is collected or transmitted. We don't know what brand of toothpaste you use. Your IP address may be stored by Google Analytics, but this is never used to do nasty stuff. We promise.
Your comments & suggestions are always welcome! Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
What would you like to see in future versions?
This app works on both phones & tablets, and is ICS (Android 4.0) compatible.
OS Monitor is a tool for monitoring your Android system.
It offers the following information.
- Processes - monitor all processes.
- Connections - display every network connection.
- Misc - monitor battery, processors, network interfaces and file system.
- Messages - search dmesg or logcat in real-time.
> Polish - Thanks to Jarek Mazur
> Hebrew - Thanks to Zamarin Arthur
> Italian - Thanks to Gabriele Zappi
Set CPU functions has been added back, if you don't know what you are doing, please don't use this function, otherwise, you could brick your phone!
% if you enter SetCPU function, but frequency or governor is empty, it means your CPU couldn't be online, please reboot your phone and try again.
Notice: if you are older device like Android 1.5~2.2, you are still able to download old version from https://code.google.com/p/android-os-monitor/downloads/list or search "OS Monitor (Legacy)" on Google Play.
OS Monitor still is a open source project, if you would like to support, please purchase "Donate to OS Monitor" app.
% Thanks everyone who help to send crash report!!
It also displays the current kernel information.
XDA Developers thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1011497
Not an e2o owner? Try out the demo version of this app and learn about the e2o and its connectivity features.
This works best on Android Ice Cream Sandwich version.
We love feedback - do send us your criticisms, kudos, comments and cool ideas through the 'Feedback' section of the app.
A1 CPU Tool - free CPU monitor App that shows time the CPU spends in each performance / frequency state. View CPU load from the last boot split by supported CPU frequencies for your Android phone or tablet. Displays time spent in the Deep Sleep, and ultra low frequencies.
★ Free, and without Ads
★ Monitor CPU load in real-time
★ Shows all available CPU frequencies
★ Shows total time spent in each processor frequency
★ Highlights active frequency/frequencies the CPU spent in last 1000 ms (1 sec)
★ Hide, show and combine any CPU frequency (MHz)
★ Customizable automatic filter threshold
★ Hide all inactive frequencies at once
★ Nice looking, clean, fast, responsive & intuitive UI (User Interface)
Quick CPU info tool:
• Detects processor name, governor and CPU core count
• CPU temperature
• CPU up-time (time spent while doing work)
• CPU time asleep / Deep Sleep
• Minimum-Maximum / High-Low frequencies
• List of unused processor frequencies (but supported by kernel)
Quick battery info:
• Battery level +charging +plugged in
• Battery temperature (supports both Fahrenheit and Celsius)
• Battery voltage in mV
• Battery type: Lithium-ion, Lithium polymer, and many more
Quick memory info:
• RAM total size
• RAM cache and free space
• RAM speed (requires A1 SD Bench installed)
Most of the processors are supported including single-core, dual-core and latest quad-core CPUs; most of the major phone models and brands are supported – Samsung, HTC, Sony Ericsson, LG, Asus, Motorola, Alps, Huawei, Fujitsu, ZTE, Acer, Lenovo, Nvidia, etc.
• Problem with A1 CPU Tool? Send us your feedback using Send Feedback feature from the Settings screen, or http://a1dev.com/feedback/
• Inspired from CPU Spy by Brandon Valosek
• “System uptime” usually is a few second off “CPU time in state”
• Needs kernel that supports CPU info file as any other CPU tools
• Root is not required
• More: http://a1dev.com/cpu-tool/notes/
• From the application itself
More info on permissions:
• "Internet" is used for “contact us” form, and to collect anonymous usage statistics (can be enabled and disabled).
More from developer
The app will test a connection to a defined Internet Address (user configurable). This will cause a slight data consumption. This app is intended for users that actively use Internet on their devices and want to be informed if there are connectivity issues.
It is the ideal tool for the following situations:
* 3G or WiFi connection is active but not working
* 3G and/or WiFi connection went offline
* You want to get a notification when a published site is down. (for tech support or webmasters).
Some of the app features:
* Silent background operation
* Very low CPU usage
* Very low data consumption
* Very low memory usage
* Very low battery consumption
* Many configurable options