The MassExplained app is a comprehensive multimedia learning experience focused on the Roman Catholic Mass. It is totally approachable and thoroughly entertaining!
***** "Solid liturgical scholarship and cutting-edge technology." —Patrick Madrid, Catholic apologist, author and EWTN host
Hundreds of photos, drawings, charts and graphs provide a visually stunning experience. But the MassExplained goes way beyond that with a multisensory experience only possible on your tablet:
∞ IMMERSIVE PANORAMAS Navigate 360° images of towering cathedrals, inspiring pilgrimage sites and ancient ruins.
∞ VIRTUAL 3D OBJECTS Rotate meticulously rendered liturgical vessels and ancient artifacts.
∞ INSPIRING SLIDESHOWS The works of the masters help illustrate the evolution of the Mass.
∞ INTERACTIVE MAPS Explore possible Emmaus sites, follow Paul's missionary journeys, discover where saintly relics are venerated today.
∞ CAPTIVATING AUDIO Prayers in Hebrew, Greek, Latin and English as well as Gregorian chants and other liturgical music take center stage.
∞ ENLIGHTENING VIDEO Often incorporating 3D animations, the videos shed light on various aspects of the Eucharistic Celebration.
∞ FULL SCREEN IMAGES Tap to discover the intricacies of medieval illuminations and marvel at the brushwork of the great masters.
The MassExplained app explores the roots of each section of the Mass. It is packed with scriptural references, quotes from the Church Fathers, the Catechism, councils and encyclicals.
• Make your weekly Mass attendance come alive! • Understand the reasons for the Mass, not just the rubrics! • Pass on the love of the Liturgy to your children! • Discover the influence of Scripture and the witness of the early Church on the Mass!
***** "Vivid and fresh. A must-have app for the New Evangelization." —Brandon Vogt, author of "The Church and New Media"
Read with confidence knowing that the content is in line with Church teaching. The app has received two declarations from the Catholic Church:
• The Nihil Obstat, Latin for "nothing hinders", affirms that the app contains nothing contrary to faith or morals. It was granted by Monsignor Terence E. Hogan, SLD Dean, School of Theology and Ministry, St. Thomas University, Miami, FL
• The Imprimatur, Latin for "let it be printed," is an official declaration that a work may be published. The Imprimatur was conferred by The Most Reverend Thomas G. Wenski, Archbishop of Miami, FL
• The app has also been reviewed by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) and the International Commission on English in the Liturgy (ICEL).
***** "The future of Catholic publishing has arrived." —Lino Rulli, best-selling author and host of "The Catholic Guy" on SiriusXM
∞ IDEAL FOR CLASS INSTRUCTION AND GROUP STUDY IN:
• High Schools • Homeschools • Seminaries • RCIA • Bible Study & Prayer Groups • Young Adult Ministry • Emmaus & KOC Meetings • Private Study Groups
***** "An extraordinary work using the latest technology to advance the proclamation of the Gospel." —The Most Reverend Thomas G. Wenski, Archbishop of Miami
Please note: The Mass Explained app focuses on the Ordinary Form of the Roman Rite—the Mass with which most Catholics are familiar. The app also expresses a deep reverence for the Extraordinary Form of the Mass, also known as the Latin Mass.
This first volume addresses the Introductory Rites and the Liturgy of the Word. A future second volume will cover the Liturgy of the Eucharist and the Concluding Rites.
The Mass Explained app is designed to work on tablets only in vertical orientation only. The Mass Explained app contains VR panoramas. While this functionality works great on more recent devices, we cannot guarantee compatibility across all devices because of the multitude of different hardware specifications.