This app will survey mobile phone signal data, and with a paid Mastdata licence can also locate existing masts and other infrastructure in the UK. It is suitable for both private and commercial use.
WHAT’S FREE? – NO LOGIN REQUIRED
If you are taking a journey by car, rail or ferry you can identify signal strength and coverage along your route using the Mastdata app. You can even watch the results of the survey appearing live as you travel. You can always view survey results and mobile coverage data collected on your device even if you don't have a login.
Take the journey, collect the data, and then using the app, you can go back and see the results collected by your device
- Viewing potential coverage in a new area if you are looking to move home or office.
- Potential coverage for future outdoor events/activities.
- Identifying a suitable alternative where fibre broadband is not available.
WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH A FREE LOGIN?
With a login, you can view the data you collected across multiple devices. This would be useful if you ever reinstalled the app or upgraded your phone and wanted to keep your data available.
WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH A PAID SUBSCRIPTION?
If you would like to use the additional tools that we have to offer and don’t yet have an account with us then it’s easy to set one up and subscribe at www.mastdata.com. With a paid account, viewing what's around you is popular, so your own postcode could be an initial search.
Subscribed Benefits Include:
- Access to all the existing services on our website through the app
- Infrastructure location data includes Mobile Phone Base Stations, Offered Sites and British Telecom (BT) Exchanges
- Search for Base station by Site Reference, Town, Postcode or Lat/Lng
- Planning Application site including Drawings where available
- Base station A to B Line of Site and Potential coverage Maps
- Actual Base station Coverage maps when surveyed using the app
- Regional analysis of coverage for local districts, towns or Council Boroughs.
- Identifying suitable locations for remotely located GPS monitoring devices like Solar Farms or CCTV, etc
- Site directions and street view images using Google Maps
- Additional information is available for individual masts including operator, Site Ref an Name, AMSL/AGL and Line of Sight (LoS) summary.