Surveyor locks the virtual ground to the real world so no matter which direction you turn to, the markers will always stay where it is originally placed.
Distances between each markers are calculated and displayed on the screen in the unit system you specified. With the pro version you can place more than 2 markers and even get the area of the space surrounded by the markers.
Great tool for surveyors, it allows you to create, save and export projects based on the calculation and management of the coordinates of points.
What allows you to do is :
- Create and save projects
- Have maximum flexibility in the creation of points ( each of them will be named as you want)
- Calculate and write neatly coordinates
- Create a scale drawing giving all the points created
- Change or remove points data when you want
- Use grad, deg, d°m's" or rad as angle measure for the calculation of coordinates
- * Export coordinate data in a text file
- * Export coordinate data in a text file to be used in Excel, which will bring back all in a neat table ( opening the txt file from Excel to set as the delimiter semicolon and set the correct decimal separators and thousands )
- Export the drawing with the points created
* Internet connection is required when exporting. If not present , is recommended to you to save your project and export the file when connection will be available.
Setup station coords, can use resection
Calculates bearing and distance to set out points
Save points for later use
Drainage calculator, calculates rings and brickwork for manhole, pipe lengths, backfill and laser grade for runs
Reference Line - calcs points along a line or arc for given chainages. Can set offset left or right and crossfall for road alignments.
GPS - rough estimates of area and perimeter using GPS. Start tracking and walk around a field to get the area.
Note: Limited to accuracy of GPS
early stages, more to come...
With the pricing calculation feature, make a quick cost estimate for quoting jobs.
Use user-provided offline maps when not in mobile internet range.
Survey-It is perfect for estimating landscaping jobs and outdoor construction jobs like fencing. Great for private mowers and fence builders.
With added KML and CSV exports, you can use your measurements with other apps (Google Earth, Sketchup, etc...).
With the enhanced version 2 of Google maps, you can tilt and rotate your maps while working.
- Export to CSV and KML (DXF coming soon).
- Measure Land by walking off the location, or plotting on the map.
- Press to locate on the map
- Remember/Overlay previous measurements
- Save your maps as images
- Save your overlays for later
- Send and share your maps with friends
- Supports multiple units for calculation and conversion (please email us if we missed one you need)
Feel free to email us with questions or feature requests.
The app can be used 'in the field' using GPS locations to tag corners, or used remotely to quickly construct an approximate plot description without visiting the site
The resulting property description shows the lat/long coordinates and elevation for each corner, and the length of each edge and the angle in decimal degrees from True north.
Maps and property descriptions from past surveys are now stored on the SD card and can be retrieved using a dropdown menu.
A built-in temporary edge feature can be used to find a lost corner based on a survey plan, or else to check which side of a property line with a known bearing that you happen to be standing on.
The Thumbtack icon on the landing page leads to the GeoNote feature, whereby a short verbal comment or typed message message is sent automatically to a preset home email address. The email shows the exact coordinates where the note was taken and also a link to a Google Maps page where this location is tagged by a green icon.
If you set the recipient email for GeoNote to another phone running the app, two people can keep in touch of the other's location in urban or wild locales.
Before the GeoNote feature will function, you must preset your recipient email. To do so. follow the button from the bottom of the GeoNote page to the screen with an input box for entering your email. Click the middle button to save it, after you are sure you entered it correctly. You can then double-check that it is stored properly by clicking the lower button on the input page, above the tartan image.
Setting your email need only be done once, not every time you use the app. The email can be changed later, and must be reset after installing subsequent free updates.
The are several other built-in tools.
The Compass button leads to a screen where the phone provides True North bearings and also can be used as a level for measuring slopes.
Other tools record geological dip, estimate height of distant objects, calculate sunset/sunrise/true noon and measure direction in 3D (using the phone's camera viewfinder).
Simply draw a shape or plot points on a map and store trail length, perimeter and area along with a visual representation of your work.
Another method uses your phone's location awareness capabilities allowing you to mark a survey while walking or driving.
All data can be stored to a database which is completely editable.
A compass and GPS reporting are included.
From DS Software
CIM Surveyor leverages standards based concepts and discovers information about an environment which is CIM enabled. It takes this information and displays it in a user friendly format for quick hardware diagnosis.
CIM Surveyor leverages the resources from standards organizations such as the DMTF and SNIA's SMI Specification.
Add the specific credentials and class name for your CIM/SMI-S based provider and your off and running. Some of the many vendors that support CIM are VMWare, HDS, IBM, HP, QLogic, NetApp, Engenio, Brocade,,,
(Remember when surveying that your accuracy is only as good as your GPS chip)
All you need to do is point your phone to the object you want to measure, aim and select the point where it touches ground, then you have its distance shown on screen.
Now with ability to measure perimeter and calculate area automatically.
Simply mark corners one by one, you can have the perimeter and area of your garden displayed on screen.
> WHAT IS SURVEYOR LITE?
Surveyor Lite is a satellite location and acquisition tool. Surveyor Lite makes SATCOM simplified.
Capture line of sight snapshots between your location and the satellite.
“Rough point” the Earth terminal to access the satellite.
Search for and quickly locate a specific satellite.
Surveyor Lite allows users to search for specific satellites through database filters and employ augmented views to identify line-of-sight during surveys. The app also gives users access to current location, satellite azimuth and satellite elevation indicators. Users access Surveyor Lite’s capabilities on an intuitive mobile device interface, allowing them to tap, swipe, pinch & zoom - exactly the way they are used to interacting with smartphones.
Surveyor Lite puts the power of SATCOM in the palm of your hand.
> USER-FRIENDLY, INTUITIVE INTERFACE
Surveyor Lite makes it possible to locate satellites using the multitouch interface by dragging, sliding, pinching, and tapping - all common gestures in the world of smartphones.
> ADVANCED SATCOM SOFTWARE
Search for a specific satellite via database filters.
Use the augmented view to identify line of sight during surveys.
Identify specific satellites by using current location, Satellite Azimuth, and Satellite Elevation indicators.
> SURVEYOR LITE IS PART OF RECONN
If you are looking for the truly SATCOM simplified solution, the Reconn platform is a satellite communications tool that combines software, hardware, and an intuitive user interface in a way that allows minimally trained or untrained users to test and configure SATCOM terminals.
Remote monitoring capabilities keep highly-trained FSEs in the lab and out of the field.
Years of tribal knowledge honed by field engineers are embedded in the Reconn software-based workflows.
Reconn is a mobile SATCOM toolkit that combines the power of 120lb of test equipment in a 10lb device, controlled by a smartphone or tablet.
For more information about Reconn, contact us at connectwithreconn.com
> DOWNLOAD SURVEYOR LITE NOW & DISCOVER SATCOM SIMPLIFIED
How to read the area?
1. Move to your start position and press “Start point” button. You should see a marker on the map with your current position.
2. Proceed to your next location and press “Next point” button. Another marker should be placed on the map, which illustrates your second position.
3. Insert as many markers as you need.
4. Press “Get area” button to have the area calculation result under the button with a red polygon that marks it on the map.
1. You can move markers using your finger to adjust them to a specific position.
2. You can tap on each marker to see the details.
3. You can remove each marker in marker details window.
This application measures the area of the land by square meter, a, and the yard.
It measures it according to the GPS accuracy of each model by the use of GPS.
It is not verified to calculate correctly when measuring it as the measure range comes in succession. Please acknowledge that I do not take the responsibility at all even if any damage is received by using this application.
If you like this app, please like GPS Test on Facebook: -
GPS Test has five screens full of information: -
1) GPS signal (SNR) bar chart, showing the signal strength for each satellite, as well as the accuracy and status of the GPS.
2) Satellite positions in the sky (skyview), shown on a rotating compass.
3) Your current location on the earth shown as text and on a world map. The current position of the sun and the day/night transition curve is also shown.
4) Your current speed, heading and altitude shown as text.
5) The current time read from the GPS and the local time in your current timezone, as well as the sunrise and sunset times at your location.
Coordinate Grids supported by GPS Test:-
OSGB, UTM, MGRS, USNG, CH1903, Maidenhead.
Datums supported by GPS Test:-
WGS84, NAD83, NAD27, ED50, AGD66, AGD84, SAD69
If you like this app please look at ***GPS TEST PLUS***.
* Simple Navigation.
* Location Sharing (email, sms, twitter etc)
* Dials (Altimeter, Speedo and Compass)
* 7 segment LED font
* Dot Matrix font
* HUD mode
Works on Honeycomb O/S and large screen tablets.
GPS Test blog - http://gpstestapp.blogspot.com/
INTERNET permissions are only required for analytics and app wall in the AppBrain library. The app will work fine without a WiFi or data conection.
At any time you can access through the application itself, any text file we have on the phone's SD card, with data from our control points, points for staking, etc..
In the tool "area calculation" tool and "remote height", we record our work in a text file, easily manageable by any software tool.
How to use:
- input coordinates (Ebs,Nbs) for Backsight point
- input coordinates (E0,N0) for point 0;
- input turning angle (clockwise by default) from line P(0)-P(Backsight) to required new point. Angle can be either degree in decimal format or Deg°Min'Sec".
- input distance from P(0) to required point;
- click Calculate, and you have coordinates (E,N) for your required point;
- now you can either Exit program, or click Next to continue calculations. If you choose Next, program will shift (E,N) values from Point (0) to windows for Point (Backsight), and (Ex,Nx) values for just calculated Point(X) will be moved to windows for Point(0). Degree and Distance data will be cleared. Program ready for new Turning Angle and Distance values to next point along line.
If you want to save results as a txt/doc files you will need to use something like Kingsoft Office (Available Free on GooglePlay) or similar app. When you finish Calculation, press "Results". On the next screen press "Send Results to E-mail". In the oppened Draft e-mail click text and click Select All. Copy all text into clipboard. Switch to Kingsoft Office, paste clipboard content and save it as a file on SD Card. Or simply sent results via e-mail to yourself.
Crashes... All apps tested with Samsung Galaxy Mini, Samsung Galaxy S3, Sony Ericsson Arc S, Samsung Galaxy S2. All stock firmware. Did not test it with rooted phones.
Crashes again... If you are using Deg°Min'Sec" format, make sure ALL field are filled with data/numbers/values. If there no values for either field simply enter 0.
On some phones with small screens, data-fields became empty and app crashed, when user input numbers and scroll screen up/down. If you have such problem, go to Settings and Un-Check "Clear Fields When Touched" box.
N.B. Always check your Setting-Out and Calculation with different methods and common sense ("sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts"). Developer and/or distributor of this program can NOT and will NOT be hold responsible for any mistakes which happened as a result of using or not using this program. By downloading and installing this program user agree to it and accept full responsibility.
Keywords: setting, stake out, construction, surveyor, survey, EDM, engineer, local grid, national grid, Easting, Northing, East, North, transformation, arc, coordinates, radius, length, area, volume, setting out, whole circle bearing, distance, azimuth, pipe laser.