Here’s what people are saying about the original School Psychology Tools for iPhone:
“I have used every aspect of this software. I find it critical for the ‘in action’ behavior observation of a child in crisis, psych reports, and keeping track of my contacts with parents and students. There are too many great features to list. The developers are amazing and want to make this an amazing program that serves the needs of psychologists throughout the state. They added features that help many of our colleagues do their job more effectively. Not only do I endorse it as a Psychologist, but I believe simple tools like this are more effective then the generic software districts purchase for the masses of employees.”
Los Angeles Association of School Psychologists - President 2011-12
LAUSD Support Unit North - Psychological Services
“Everything about this app is great! It is user friendly, gives us the tools we need and provides an organization system to keep our evals straight. I plan on using it for all of my evals and recommending it to all of my students. I love this app!”
-Kara E. McGoey, PhD, NCSP
Associate Professor of School Psychology
Dr. McGoey has published over 30 scholarly papers and presented numerous times at national conferences on the topic of behavioral assessment and intervention.
“School Psych Tools is like a swiss army knife. In addition to an observation app, there are a whole set of functions including an age calculator, to do list, calendar, and deadline tracker. The app has ensured that School Psychologists have considerably lightened their load going into and out of schools.”
- Dan Florell, Ph.D., NCSP
Assistant Professor, Eastern Kentucky University
On the web: www.mindpsi.net
- Plan your interventions, evaluations and reevaluations using built-in and fully customizable templates.
- As you check off certain key tasks (such as “Obtain Consent”), the due date and the status of a student are automatically updated accordingly.
- Monitor the status of an individual student, or track deadlines for your entire caseload with ease.
- Change the length of time allowed for completing evaluations and the length of time between reevaluations, depending on the laws of your country or guidelines of your province or school.
- Sort your students by Name, Evaluation Due Date, School, Grade, or Teacher.
- Observe and report multiple behaviors, over multiple days using Interval, Duration, Frequency and ABC direct observation recordings.
- Email or print reports with tables and graphs for easy inclusion in your report.
- Manage frequently occurring tasks (such as “Calls to Make”) using the To-Do List. Give yourself Due Dates for completing individual tasks that can appear on your Calendar.
- Manage events such as meetings and testing appointments from the Calendar, which is kept separate from your personal Calendar.
- View all of today's events, deadlines, and tasks on one page for a quick glance at your day ahead. From the menu, you can easily see how many items remain on your list for today.
- Write a quick Note or record a Voice Note!
- Use a free Dropbox account to export/import data to securely backup your app in situations of a lost, stolen or damaged device.
- Use helpful Gadgets including a Stopwatch, Normal Distribution Curve Calculator and Age Calculator, all without leaving the app!
- Android 2.2 or later
- Free space on internal storage. Student data is stored on the device (not on an SD card, where it could be read by other apps). We recommend having 100 MB or more available.
Let Us Lighten Your Load.
More from developer
To learn more about MasteryConnect's free web-based solution for teachers to track common core standards and parents to follow along, check out www.masteryconnect.com
The NGSS App is a product of MasteryConnect (www.masteryconnect.com) in partnership with the National Science Teachers Association (www.nsta.org/ngss). The standard content and NGSS trademarks within the app are ©Copyright 2013 Achieve, Inc. All rights reserved.