App of construction materials
UNIVERSIDAD EUROPEA - COAM
The MateriaLista app is a joint project of the European University of Madrid and the Official College of Architects of Madrid.
The project is born from the convergence of two complementary needs. On the one hand, at the Universidad Europea de Madrid, under the direction of the construction professor Luis Alvarez, an integrated project has been developed since 2016 between the degrees in Architecture, Building Engineering and Information Technology for the creation of a computer tool in the form of of mobile app that serves as a tool for consultation and learning about materials science.
On the other hand, the COAM materioteca (Mat COAM) wanted to transfer to a digital format and easily consulted the existing content in the physical exhibition of building materials on the 3rd floor of the School.
The result of the union of these two complementary interests is the App MateriaLista.
1. MAT AREAS: constitutes the main section of the App. It is the direct reflection in the App of the construction materials that are present in the gallery of materials of the COAM. It is organized in a simple and clear way so that the user can easily find the different products and access their description, technical characteristics, images, manufacturer's data, etc ...
2. MANUFACTURERS: in this section the different manufacturers present in the MAT Coam exhibition are shown in an orderly manner. Once inside the manufacturer's file we have access to the data of the same and the cards of the different materials that this manufacturer has
3. BUILDINGS: this section will show current, relevant and interesting architectural works from the constructive point of view.
4. SCIENCE OF MATERIALS: Materials most used in construction, in the classic way of materials science manuals (woods, stones, metals, etc ...). With a wide compilation of its main properties sorted by type (mechanical properties, thermal properties, chemical properties, etc. ..). This section includes a "material search engine", by selecting some of its characteristics indicating the degree of it. That is, we can look for, for example, a material that has good compressive strength, is very flexible and has a good coefficient of thermal transmittance.
The user to whom the application is directed is very broad:
* On the one hand, all those involved in the field of architecture and construction will be able to easily find concrete commercial references of materials that can be applied to their works (insulators, facades, floors, faucets, etc ...) in the section MAT AREAS and in the MANUFACTURERS section.
* BUILDINGS, the architects will find known buildings from which they can borrow constructive solutions existing in the market. For example, imagine that an architect in your project wants to make a metal façade similar to that of the Caixaforum of Herzog and de Meuron. Consulting the building's file in the app, you will discover that the solution of the perforated sheet is from IMARSA, with which you can easily get in touch with the app.
* SCIENCE OF MATERIALS, on the one hand expand and refresh knowledge and on the other hand look for materials that can offer a specific performance in order to meet the requirements of the project, the regulations, etc ...
STUDENTS OF ARCHITECTURE AND ENGINEERING
* SCIENCE OF MATERIALS an excellent tool to help the study in the subjects of construction, especially in those related to materials.
* MAT AREAS, you can have at your disposal easily and in one app all the technical support documentation that manufacturers offer.
* MAT AREAS, will be able to search for specific products to choose and apply in the works in which they are involved.