Ezhuthani Version 2 is a unique keyboard for naive users with Tamil99 and Ezhuthani Keyboard Layouts with full fledged Tamil Suggestion Keywords support with Tamil Reply Message Templates.
We will definitely add more features and more keyboard layouts in the future based on your feedback and encouragements. We tested on major Android phones and Tabs (version 2.2 and above). Use the keyboard layout the way you want, and leave your comment with changes and features you want in it.
How to Enable Ezhuthani (Tamil Keyboard) on your Mobile
Android Version 2.0 and above
Settings - Locale and Text - Select Ezhuthani (Tamil Keyboard).
Long press in a text box and select input method and then select Ezhuthani (Tamil Keyboard).
Android Version 3.0 and above
Settings - Language and input - Configure input methods - Enable Ezhuthani (Tamil Keyboard) - Go Back - Current input method - Select Ezhuthani (Tamil Keyboard)
Android Version 4.0 and above
Settings - Language and input - Enable Ezhuthani(Tamil Keyboard) - Select Default - Select Ezhuthani(Tamil Keyboard)
Mary Martin Team dedicated this product to the Tamil Community as a Free Android App. Please use and enjoy!
Mary Martin Team!
You can make the tamil text posted in whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook, SMS and Email. Easy to copy and paste and does not need to be online to type.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please Disable auto suggest/predictive text in keyboard setting to get accurate conversion.
1) Allows to type the entire Malayalam character set from one layout by single tap with out navigate back and forth through different pages.
2) Also includes qwerty and number-symbol keypad.
3) Malayalam character keys are arranged in alphabetical order.
4) Suitable for small and large displays with any resolution in portrait or in landscape mode.
5) Easily input koottaksharam with single tap using the scrollable koottaksharam list shown above the keyboard.
6) Word prediction feature.
7) Can also be used in devices with android version which did not support proper Malayalam rendering, for sending Unicode Malayalam text via sms or email.
8) Keyboard with full Symbol pad key customization.
9)Malayalam spell checker with vibration and sound alert.
1) Key in light blue colour(Second last row) are for selection only (Eg: light blue key 'അ' is for selecting അ to ഐ - will displayed in third row of keypad- light blue ക for displaying ക to ഞ in third row and so on)
2) Use 'ABC' key to launch the qwerty keypad.
3) Use '123' key to get the number and symbol keys.
4) For setting Malayalam Keyboard for Android™ as your default keyboard- Open Settings-> Language and input ->Select Malayalam Keyboard for Android as your default keyboard.
5) For adding new word(maximum character limit 50) to prediction database just tap on the specified word(first word in the list) displayed above the keypad.
6) Use the keyboard key(bottom left) to close the keypad or Long press on it to change default input method.
Enter characters in unicode encoding format.
1)For writing കോ [ko] use this order ക +ോ , for writing കൈ= ക+ൈ
2)For writing koottaksharam use chandrakkala for joining characters. Eg : ക്ഷ = ക+്+ഷ
3)While using 'ra' symbol (eg: പ്ര (pra) ) use it after typing the letter for correct rendering.
Send feedback and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Its simple, efficient and allows inputting any Tamil character with a single slide motion.
* Has a base keyboard layout with a popup keyboard for characters based on fundamental characters.
* Select a base letter, slide across the popup keyboard to select and input the desired character.
* Please note there is a half letter character for every consonant in the popup keyboard.
Sparsh Tamil Keyboard is part of the suite of Keyboards derived from Sparsh Indian Keyboard
Following keyboards are supported with dictionary support:
- Tamil Keyboard
- English Keyboard
For this solution to work, the device must support Indian language font rendering.
The keyboard has been developed for Android devices running on version 2.1 and above.
The LatinIME touch keyboard solution of the Android platform was used as reference.
Using this Tamil static keypad, you can write in both Tamil (தமிழ்) and English with intelligent and accurate dictionary predictions on both Android phones and tablets. Numbers, symbols, smileys, attractive extras are also supported.
This is a static keypad for those who prefer a static keypad with some additional innovations to ease your writing. The keyboard layout is largely of Inscript. Along with tamil99 keyboard layout.
This keypad is an IME (Input Method Editor) and hence you will be able to write in all parts of the phone, WhatsApp, Facebook, Address Book etc. The installation is a little different, follow instructions.
After Installation on phone/tablet.
Step 1: Settings -> Language & Input -> Choose Tamil Static Keypad IME(Check ON)
Step 2: Settings -> Language & Input -> Default -> Select Tamil Static Keypad IME.
New words can be added to Dictionary, removed from Dictionary.
Common messages supported in templates.
Custom Signature supported.
Key press sound & Vibration supported and optional.
Fonts with good rendering should be present on your phone or will show boxes or wrong rendering.
This Tamil static keyboard is from Luna Ergonomics, the makers of Panini Keypad, the dynamic keypad, download link here. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paninikeypad.tamil
You can study how all (consonant conjuncts) are written from this link.
Some examples are provided below.
பக்ஷி = ப+க+ ்+ஷ+ி
படகு = ப+ட+க+ு
சென்று = ச+ெ+ன+ ்+ற+ு
ஸ்ரீலங்கா = ஸ+ ்+ர+ீ+ல+ங+ ்+க+ா
திரிசூலம் = த+ி+ர+ி+ச+ூ+ல+ம+்
விஷ்ணு = வ+ி+ஷ+ ்+ண+ு
திருக்குறள் = த+ி+ர+ு+க+ ்+க+ு+ற+ள+்
திருவள்ளுவர் = த+ி+ர+ு+வ+ள+ ்+ள+ு+வ+ர+்
puLLi (புள்ளி) is a character (always appear in Red colour) used in between consonants to form conjunct characters in Tamil language.
All uyirmei & Grantha characters are supported in this static keypad (தமிழ் விசைப்பலகை).
Follow these examples, after some time you will used to Tamil static keyboard IME for Tamil typing.
Experience this new innovative Tamil keyboard IME.
Privacy concerns: This static keyboard does not try to read your data or connect to a server for prediction. Your data stays on your phone and the application does not connect anywhere, you can use it offline also.
All the alphabets are given in three tabs namely sware, kootta and chillu. When we usually type in malayalam we find difficulty in typing “Koottaksharangal” since you should exactly know the combination of letters to obtain a “Kootaksharam”, To avoid this problem the most difficult “Koottakshrangal” is given in a separate tab. The vowel signs are given in floating groups so that it can be reached throughout. Other letter groups are scrollable. When we type letter like “ka” in any Malayalam font by default it will print “kvu”. As an experiment this is set it to the same letter in this application, so you may type just like you write Malayalam. For obtaining a "Koottaksharam" type "Chandrakala" between two letters.
Please note that This application works only in Android Versions starting from Honeycomb(3.2)
To share the text in to Facebook, copy it, click share and select Facebook, paste in to the timeline (If Malayalam Font is not installed in your device you will see the cursor blink after some gap without any text) just click share. Now Everybody will be able to see your post even though you may not.
Option to share or copy paste text to facebook,email,SMS,Twitter etc. is available
Even though you can type Malayalam as the font is packed with this application file, If you share or copy paste to another application, unless Malayalam font is installed in your device, the text will shows as blocks only. But you can sent it via email since receiver can read it in a computer.
For installing the Malayalam Font in your device (Galaxy Phones) do the following,
1. Go to your Settings > Applications > and make sure that Unknown Sources is checked. Checking Unknown Sources allows you to install Android Applications from sources other than Google Play.
2. Download The Malayalam Font Named "Anjaly old Lipi" by clicking the link belowbelow
4. After installing "Anjali" Font, go to Settings > Display > Font Style and select "Anjali Old Lipi" as your display font.
If this does not work, you have to root your phone.(Not recommended if your phone is in warranty period as warrant will void) to do rooting see the Youtube video available in this page.
If you like this application please give a good rating and share it with friends in facebook. Click the link below.Thank You.
If you find this Application useful, You may pay me some money by recharging my mobile (07560983431- Idea Kerala Circle) with any amount as You wish.
- Once installed open the app.
- Now a popup that says "മ" will appear on the right side of your screen
- You can drag it around. When you need to type in malayalam , tap on that popup
- Now a new window will appear where you can type in manglish words
- Once you are done with typing, click the "copy" icon on the newly appeared window
- Text will be copied to the clipboard and the window will be minimized to the old icon "popup"
- You can now paste that text to anywhere you want
The Panini Keypad is an intelligent dynamic keypad that offers you to type easy and fast in Tamil (தமிழ்) on your phone. This new technology constantly calculates and puts only 11 characters on the screen that you are most likely to type. Character Buttons are large and easy to point and you make less errors. The accurate prediction helps you compose difficult words in their correct letter sequences as per Unicode.
You can use the Panini Keypad to type Tamil/English sms, messages, chat, facebook, Address Book, email, blogs, reminders, twitter, whatsapp etc.
PaniniKeypad is an IME(input method editor) for android phones & tablets. This can be your default keypad.
Also high quality intelligent dictionary auto complete and word prediction is offered in both Tamil and English. More innovations coming up.
1. Download and install this application on phone.
2. Go to "Settings"->"Language & input/Locale & text" -> select Panini Keypad IME. (check on) Green.
3. Again Go to "Settings"->"Language & input/Locale & text"-> set Default Keyboard/ Input Method as PaniniKeypad IME.
4. Back to text compose area, keyboard will appear on screen.
5. Experience Fast & Easy way of typing on android phones.
Watch Tamil typing youtube video:
After installation click on PaniniKeypad icon on home screen to get detailed information about launch the IME & typing related help.
Direct download the Tamil .apk file from website:
1. Look for the character, press it.
2. If character not there, press Next button.
There is a 74% chance that the first character of your word is on the screen and after that there is a 93% (and higher) chance that the next characters will be predicted to your fingertips. Predicted characters very often in the top left corner and most often you type pressing the same key, at a position comfortable to your thumb.
The intelligent technology is based on linguistics, AI and the dynamic intelligent keypad is patented all over the world and winner of many awards for innovation.
14 Indian languages are supported with this same system of typing and orthography. And many other languages of the world.
This is the best way to type for both basic phones and touch phones. Those who have found out its magic, please help others also to discover.
For Conjunct characters (adha ka etc, consonant clusters) please put a puLLi (Dot) [்] (symbol with + sign) in the middle of the two consonants. The Conjunct will automatically form. The puLLi (Dot)[்] is also a character, predicted automatically like others and shown in RED for your easy recognition.
Examples of correct character entry sequence (Orthography):
பக்ஷி = ப+க+்+ஷ+ி
படகு = ப+ட+க+ு
ஸ்ரீலங்கா = ஸ+்+ர+ீ+ல+ங+்+க+ா
திரிசூலம் = த+ி+ர+ி+ச+ூ+ல+ம+்
விஷ்ணு = வ+ி+ஷ+்+ண+ு
திருவள்ளூர் = த+ி+ர+ு+வ+ள+்+ள+ூ+ர+்
Learn how to write every possible Uyirmei from link:
In this latest version you can type in English in between Tamil, by using QWERTY keyboard. One can type Tamil/ English numerals, symbols etc.
Give a try to this new way of typing, you will learn very quickly. You must use it in Galaxy Note, Grand, S3, S4, Trend etc also, its absolutely a pleasure due to the large keys.
"We would like to share with PaniniKeypad users that this technology (PaniniKeypad) has been granted US patent in June 2014."
Privacy concerns: Panini Keypad does not try to read your data or connect to a server for prediction. Your data stays on your phone and the application does not connect anywhere, you can use it offline also.
"YOUR PHONE MUST HAVE TAMIL/TAMIZH FONT, OTHERWISE SHOWS SQUARE/BLANK BOXES."
You can also use a photo or image from your gallery and write a message on the image.
Emmozhi has total three types of keyboards inbuilts, the can switch between each keywords easily. The user can type in Tamil, use phonetics to change in to tamil and emmozhi also has feature to type in sankrit to tamil.
1. What is Emmozhi?
Emmozhi is an Android tamil keyboard application, which overwrites the default keyword. It enables to type in Tamil. With Emmozhi keyboard you can type texts in tamil, the text is converted in to Unicode, so the typed text can be read in all the devices.
2. How the user can change the keyboard to Emmozhi?
To change the default keyboard to Emmozhi, goto settings – Language & Keyboard- keyboard settings in this click checkbox of Emmozhi and press OK button.
3. What are the types of Emmozhi keypads?
Emmozhi has total three types of keypads inbuilts. They are
Sanskrit Tamil keypad
English to Tamil keypad
4. What is meant by English to Tamil Keypad?
English to Tamil keypad means user type the characters in normal English but it automatically changed to Tamil.
5. How it works?
Emmozhi working has been completely showned in how it works tab.
6. What are the features of Emmozhi?
Emmozhi has lots of features. They are showned in Features tab.
7. Is it support for all mobile?
Yes, This application is supported for all devices because we used unicode for every characters so that the message sent by this keyboard can be read by all the devices.
8. Is it bug free?
Yes, Emmozhi is a bug free android application.
Caller Name Announcer speaks every thing while some one is calling you or send you a message, you will identify it with out looking to your smart phone. Caller Name Announcer uses the built-in Android text-to-speech engine to speaks the incoming caller name or SMS sender name and contents of the SMS. Caller Name Announcer will not work if your smart phone does not have text-to-speech library but this is not a problem you can easily download it from Google play store.
Caller Name Announcer Announces
★ Caller Name if exist in contacts
★ If does not exist in contacts, call that unknown
★ Speaks incoming SMS contents and sender name
Easily customise your Caller Name Announcer application
★ Enable/disable speaking caller name
★ Enable/disable incoming SMS sender name only
★ Enable/disable incoming SMS sender name and contents of the SMS
★ Multiple time announcements
★ Choosing delay time between announcements
★ Announce while silent option checkbox
★ Ringtones settings
★ Volume Settings
★ Text-to-Speech Settings
★ For voice, You can select any available language in the phone or download high quality voice
Generated password will be strong and easy remember.
NO USES PERMISSIONS.
You can check the password strength in the following sites:
Type Thamizh words using English keypad.
Eg: If you type "ammaa" or "ammA",it converts "அம்மா" - Real time conversion.
Other Version for Thamizh font non-supported phones: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mathi.ezhuthukol
You can also copy/paste Thamizh unicode text in English edit box to convert square characters to Thamizh if your device doesn't have Thamizh font.
No need of rooting your phone.
No need of install Unicode fonts.
No square box appears.
Don't want to change the settings.
You can send Thamizh text in sms and also share via WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter.
Please RATE the app and write your reviews and suggestions.
Only with your suggestions we can improve the app.
Help - https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmmmj124bk4qwa2/Ezhuthukol%20Help.txt
Note: When you copy or share Thamizh text to other apps, it might look as square characters if you don't have unicode font in your device. But it will show correctly if the target device has the unicode font. You can also try other version.
New updates are waiting...