We created Matterlist because none of the existing apps paid enough attention to relevance, decluttering, and focusing on current tasks. Matterlist а brand new all-in-one To-Do List app, Task Manager, and Calendar that tailors any list to where you are and what you’re up to.
Writing everything down is a key to your productivity, but long lists tend to overwhelm. With hundreds of things to do, you can still handle just a few of them at a time, so why do you need to see all that stuff? In contrast with other to-do list apps, Matterlist helps you remove distractions from your Today list. For example, you’ll see the task “Clean the floor” only when you’re home. When you go other places, like work or the gym, you won’t get distracted by this task because you can’t do it anyway.
Check out the core features:
* Infinite Timeline. If a task has a date, be it tomorrow, next Monday, or sometime in 2050, jump to that date and put your task there. When that day comes, you’ll see this task on your Today list. Go back to any date in the past to see what you accomplished on that day.
* Recurring Tasks. Create tasks that repeat periodically and manage them separately from regular, non-repeating tasks. If you edit or delete a single event in a recurrence (e.g., move a gym workout only for this week), the rest of the events in this recurrence will stay intact.
* Automatic Contexts (BETA). Show or hide tasks from your list based on external conditions, such as location or weather. When you arrive at a specific place, or if it’s a sunny day outside, your to-do list can automatically adapt to these conditions. For that to happen, define a few Contexts (@Home, @Office, @SunnyDay) and assign them to your tasks.
* Easy Postpone. Can’t complete a task right now? Hide it until a more convenient time. Simply swipe it away, tell it when to show up again, and forget about it. The postpone feature also works with recurring tasks. Plus, it doesn’t shift Due Dates like other to-do list apps do, so your deadlines stay safe!
* Stars, Notes and Priorities. Make important tasks stand out with a star, mark them with a color to stress their importance or urgency, or attach notes with additional task information.
* Subtasks. Divide a bigger task into smaller ones that you can do in the moment. Use unlimited nesting levels to represent any complex task you might have. Work with a subtask just like any other task: assign contexts, add notes, create due dates and postpone them whenever you like.
* Multi-Line Text for To-Do Items. Feel free to write longer captions and describe your task using as many lines as you need. Matterlist will not shorten it to fit into a one-line design like many other to-do list apps do.
Matterlist is more than just a to-do list app. Whatever you need to do — a few simple tasks, or a huge project with several deadlines — Matterlist can help you get it done. Focus on tasks that matter right now, keep your Today list free from clutter, and see only relevant tasks wherever you go.
Try Matterlist now! It’s free and you don’t need to create an account. Just install the app and start organizing your life right now.