Calculation tools for determining:
* Discharge pressure for firefighting pumps
* Foam Application Rates and Amounts
* Critical Application Rate/Flow Estimation
* Pressure and Flow Rates for Smooth Bore Nozzles
Fire Pump Discharge Pressure Calculator:
* Handles multiple attack and supply line setup
* Calculates friction loss formulaically
* Provides estimated reach calculation
Foam Application Calculator
* Enter area and depth of spill, along with concentration and type of foam being used
* Enter estimated Tank Diameter to automatically calculate area
* Calculation determines recommended flow rate and amount of concentrate and water needed
* Great for Hazmat incidents
Critical Application Rate Calculator
* Determines minimum flow rate to extinguish fire in < 10 seconds
* Enter Area and percent involved
* Use the Area Estimator to approximate square feet
Smooth Bore Tip Calculator
* Automatic Smooth Bore Pressure/Flow Calculations when Tip Size and either Pressure or Flow is known (other is calculated)
Calculations are formulaic (exact) not based on shortcuts.
Intended for training purposes only.
Contact: email@example.com to provide information for those wishing to use the app at their next training session!
Targeted for Android 2.2 and up.
- Calculates the PDP, Flow, and Estimated Time to Empty for all discharging lines configured on an Engine
- Supports defining elevation on each line layout
- Supports SAE and Metric configurations
- Enter SAE measurements in standard formats and values will automatically calculate to decimal form (1 3/4 calculates to 1.75)
- Calculator for Relative Humidity using Wet-bulb Temperature
- Calculator for Hose Friction Loss
- Calculator for Hose Coefficient of Friction
- Configure multiple line layouts per Engine
- Supports gated "wye" (2 or more discharges from in inlet) operation on one line layout
- Create custom hoses, nozzles, and appliances for use in line layouts
- Edit hose length, diameter, coupling size, and coefficient of friction
- Edit nozzle type (smooth, fog), diameter, pressure, and flow
- Edit Appliance friction loss, number of discharges, and flow
- Buttons allow for quick calculation of smooth-bore nozzle flow if given pressure or pressure given flow
- Edit Engine volume, flow, pressure, and number of supported discharges
- Edit Source pressure and flow
- Export a database to share with other FireDog users
- Remove existing databases
- Database pre-loaded with 11 hoses, 18 nozzles, and 9 appliances for both SAE and Metric units
Please e-mail us suggestions/problems. We will work hard to resolve any problems you might experience.
Uses WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission for database exporting.
For training/educational purposes only.
- Fixed bug where attachments before wye were not being calculated in the PDP calculations.
- Fixed bug with conversion from total seconds to HH:MM:SS label for time-to-empty.
- Added numeric keypad as default for elevation input.
- Fixed bug with Engine Activity where the labels weren't displaying as metric.
- Added hydrant rated capacity calculator.
- Added preferences button for the main activity for devices without a menu button.
- Fixed a problem where if you delete an engine, no engine is selected in the app and thus you cannot add lines. This is resolved by selecting the default engine when no selected engine has been found.
- Allow portrait or landscape screen orientation for Engine, Nozzle, Appliance, and Source.
- Fixed Marquee for names too long to display.
- Allow Line rename
- Added Preference to disable display of default Hoses, Nozzles, and Appliances
- Added Preference to restore the default FireDog database.
- Fixed Appliance flow for calculation.
- Fixed default Reducer database value.
- Added Pressure to Appliance.
- Changed default values for Standpipe, Sprinker, and Foam Eductor.
Keywords: firefighter, fire, fighter, fire fighter, pump operator, pump, firefighter calculator, fire calculator, pump calculator, calculator, ems, hazmat, firebot, firefighter calctool, rh calculator, relative humidity
This mobile app was based on the NZ fire behaviour toolkit developed by Scion and Atlas technology, and supported by the NZ fire service commission.
See recent changes for update details.
Patterns is a memorization based game, so simple anyone can play. Included are 5 difficulty levels, Very Easy to Insane, and the ability to even define your own difficulty. Earn achievements for different milestones (or an easter egg or two!) and submit your scores to a leader board to show off your efforts to other users.