Does far more than most of the paid calculators out there . . . let alone the free ones.
1) Scientific Calculator. Simple to grasp and easy to use, but powerful features are available when you need them. Available functions include the following:
• the usual arithmetic functions and exponentiation.
• square root, cube root, nth root, natural log, log base 10, log of arbitrary base, absolute value, factorial, permutations (nPr), combinations (nCr), modulus, random integer, bell curve, cumulative normal distribution, decimal to fraction.
2) Graphing. Capabilities:
• Graph up to four equations at once.
• Graphs are labeled.
• You can drag the graph or pinch to zoom in or out.
• Calculator can find roots and intersections.
• Graph in polar coordinates.
• Graph parametric equations
3) A unit converter. With a tap, you can enter the result of your conversion into the calculator. Currently converts different units of the following: acceleration, angle, area, density, distance, energy, force, mass, power, pressure, speed, temperature, time, and volume. Great for doing physics homework!
4) Constants for scientific calculations -- speed of light, strength of gravity at Earth's surface, etc. etc. etc. Tapping on a constant will insert it into your calculation -- i.e, you don't have to key in the value. Again, great for doing physics homework!
5) It can make a table of the values of any function you care to enter. You can choose the starting x value of the table, as well as how much x increases for each successive row.
6) Forgot the quadratic formula? Or the double-angle formulas for sine and cosine? The math/science reference hits the high points of various subjects. Currently includes algebra, differential and integral calculus, geometry, trigonometry, vectors, vector calculus, and classical mechanics.
I'd love to hear your comments or suggestions. You can write me at the email address in the app. Thanks!
See recent changes for update details.
Patterns is a memorization based game, so simple anyone can play. Included are 5 difficulty levels, Very Easy to Insane, and the ability to even define your own difficulty. Earn achievements for different milestones (or an easter egg or two!) and submit your scores to a leader board to show off your efforts to other users.