IMPORTANT for Android 4.4 (KitKat):
On Android 4.4 apps cannot write the system SMS database anymore. This is a major change by Google. To re-enable this again you need to go to Android's hidden settings page "App Ops" and enable the permission "Write SMS/MMS" for this app. (You can open this hiden settings page easily with Apps like "App ops Starter").
However, this method does not work on every phone, on some models "App Ops" settings only exist until Android 4.4.1. If so - then there is no way to use my app anymore on Android 4.4.2. Sorry. :-(
Adds the time when an SMS was ACTUALLY SENT to your messages (only useful for devices which just show the receive time of SMS, eg. Galaxy S).
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR USERS OF "Handcent SMS" (version 4.0.0 or greater):
Please check the following option in the settings of Handcent SMS (otherwise this app won't work): In menu under "Settings"->"Application settings"->Default Messaging application" and make sure that it is set to "Disable"!
Otherwise Handcent SMS wil block any other SMS app!
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR USERS OF "Go SMS":
Do not disable stock's notifications from Go SMS ("Receive Settings"->"Disable other message notification") other wise Go SMS will block any other SMS app!
It appends the sent time to the message text (the original timestamp will be kept untouched). Should work with all SMS Apps (Handcent SMS, chompSMS, Go SMS, etc..). Depends on SMS implementation details and your provider, so maybe doesn't work everywhere. Some SMS apps also may be confused if another app appends something to the message text in background. So please leave a comment whether it's working with your device/provider/app or not. Thanks! :-)
Many Android devices only display the timestamp when a message was received (not sent). This is a problem when you receive messages while your phone is turned off (or has no network coverage). In this case you don't know when the message was really sent (as you only see the received time when you turn on the phone again).
Also allows to add the SMSC (sms service centre) number from where the message was sent (technical stuff for people who are interested).
Ad-free! Resource-efficient: does not run as a background service, only gets started by Android when a SMS is received.
Another thing: I develop this only in my spare time, so please understand if it's not perfect (and give me feedback). :-)
Tested successfully with Austrian providers. Theoretically it may be possible that the added sent time may be incorrect (different tiomezone) if the SMS service centre of the sender is located in a different timezone.
EXPLANATION OF PERMISSIONS:
• "RECEIVE SMS": necessary for reading the sent time out of the received SMS data package from the mobile provider
• "EDIT SMS OR MMS": necessary for adding the sent time to the message in the device's SMS database
• "READ SMS OR MMS": necessary for looking up the message to edit in the sms database
• "MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS": necessary for writing logfile to SD (when logging is enabled)
Have fun while texting! :-)
* Needs root access, SMS read/write permissions, Contacts read permission and SD-Card for temporary storage
Recover accidentally deleted short messages instantly from your internal phone database and restore them in the original SMS thread. Forensic and sophisticated algorithms are used to search for deleted short message patterns. No PC needed.
Messages will recovered with original date and time stamp.
Note: Deleted messages may be overwritten by new incoming or outgoing messages. This will effect the quality of message recovery.
The sooner you act the better the results will be.
SMS Recovery is not for recovery databases after factory resets, dialer clear actions or other clearing operations which delete whole databases.
English, Japanese, German, Korean, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian
The backup is created locally on the phone by default unless you configure it to upload to Email, Google Drive or Dropbox. You are responsible for backup files and the files are not sent to the developer in any case.
On Android 4.4+ devices, if you have performed the Restore and the messages don't appear in your messaging app then:
- Open your messaging app and Disable SMS from Settings.
- Exit the app
- Open the app again and Enable SMS from Settings.
- Backup SMS Messages in XML format.
- Backup created locally on the device with options to automatically upload to Email, Google Drive or DropBox using the Add-On app.
- Choose a scheduled time to automatically backup.
- Backup format is independent of the Android version so the messages can be easily moved from one phone to another, irrespective of the Android version.
- Option to select which conversations to backup.
- View/Restore all Messages or only selected conversations.
- Delete all SMS Messages on the Phone.
- Email a backup file.
- The XML can then be converted to other formats, and can also be viewed on a computer.
- Tested on Android v1.5 to v5.0
This app is ad-supported and requires the Internet permissions to display the Ads.
If you do not want ads the they can be disabled from preferences or you can buy the paid version from the Market.
On newer phones with inbuilt storage the default backup location will probably be the internal storage card and not the external.
This is because the phone reports the storage that way.
If you intend to do a factory reset on the phone, please make sure you save/email a copy of the backup outside the phone before doing it.
Lots more info at http://android.riteshsahu.com/apps/sms-backup-restore
FAQs can be found at http://bit.ly/d9t7Jk
Please start the app at least once after updates so that the scheduled backups start working.
This App needs access to the following:
* Your messages: Backup and Restore messages. Receive SMS permission needed to properly handle messages received while the app is the default messaging app on Android 4.4+ devices.
* Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.
* Phone calls - Without this the Restore fails on some phones.
* Network communication: For displaying Advertisements.
* Your social information: To display and store the contact names in the Backup file.
* Run at start-up: Start scheduled Backups.
* View Network Connections: So that the app does not try to load Ads when there is no connection.
* Control Vibration: To vibrate the phone when an operation is completed.
* Prevent Phone from Sleeping: To prevent the phone from going to sleep/suspended state while a Backup or Restore operation is in progress.
* Test access to Protected Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.
Icons designed by Vlad Kitanoski of www.vk-solutions.com
Remember to enable IMAP in Gmail.
Please note that auto backup might not work reliably when SMS Backup+ is installed on the SD card. Future version will hopefully fix this, in the meantime please move it back to phone memory if possible.
For those of you worried about app permissions: there is a detailed explanation in the FAQ section of the website.
Also, please consult the FAQ on the website before sending me an email.
- Fast and Simple -
- Ad-Free -
- No intrusive permissions -
I designed this app to perform simple maintenance on my device. This app will ask you to reboot when it finishes running. This is the only way for it to completely refresh the system. Rebooting your device has many great advantages. A reboot will often trigger app updates on your device, free up memory, speed up your device, and many other great features.
The real problem here is pride. If you have read this far, then I must tell you that this app does nothing but ask you for a reboot. If you are rooted, it will reboot on a button click, but if you are not rooted, it will simply show a persistent notification that requires a reboot to remove. My wife loves her android phone, but about 99% of the issues she experiences can be solved with a simple reboot.
She always says that she already rebooted her device. I know she says this because she does not believe it works. I designed this app to combat that. Now she can feel like she is running a program and then she can reboot her phone and tell me how amazing this app is.
For all you men out there looking to speed up, antivirus, clean, boost, or maintain a family member's phone...This is for you.
***Disclaimer: This is a placebo app. It only asks for a reboot. Regularly rebooting your device can have many positive effects***
This app listens for incoming SMSs, saves them as fast as it can in an internal database (not the INBOX) and shows a notification.
If you see a "ghostly notification" from this app, but not from the stock SMS/MMS app (check screenshot #2), you can open the app, read your lost message and -if you wish- you can move it to your INBOX to store it or reply to it.
If you don't want to move it to the INBOX or if the stock SMS/MMS app didn't lose the message (check screenshot #1 and... good for you, by the way!), you can safely delete it from the internal database: no message from the INBOX is EVER deleted.
More informations can be found on the homepage: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=12765846
If this app helps you recover a precious message you would have hated to lose, consider a small donation as a token of appreciation ;-)
Donations are handled as In-app payments and enable the following OPTIONAL features:
- Remove Ads
- Use delayed notifications
If you lose your donation information (i.e.: you reset your device or you move to a new device) just open the app, hit the "Menu" button and select "Donations". The app will synchronize with the Market and restore every donation you made.
- SMS permissions are needed to write to the INBOX.
- Read contacts is needed to show the contact name in the list.
- Internet/Network is needed to show Ads. No other network communication is done.
- Billing is required for donations.
If you have any issues with the app, before posting a 1-star comment, contact me on G+ (https://plus.google.com/115133497526444505927/posts) and I'll try to help. If I can't help you, go ahead and post a 1-star for the benefit of everyone else!
What do people think of this app?
"Works wonders! Wonder how many messages I missed before this app. It caught 10 messages in a couple weeks that my android missed or didn't notify." - M., Jul 13th, 2012
"Thx u Thx u" - R., Nov 13th, 2011
"Love this App! I thought that people were just not responding but in reality there messages were just getting lost and with this App it helps me recieve those messages that get lost." - S., Jan 3rd, 2012
"Does exactly what it says it does. A nice quick-fix for an annoying problem." - C., Apr 10th, 2011
★ WARNING! ★
LagFix DOES NOT HANG! Trimming process might take many minutes! Like five or ten. Don' panic, make some tea and wait.
★ WARNING! ★
Read FAQ before using! http://bit.ly/SKLMBw
★ Premium version is now ON SALE! ★
You asked, we delivered! Premium version comes without ads and have an option to auto-run trimming at specified schedule - set it once, forget about lags forever! You can find it here http://bit.ly/Vx4ATs
It comes from different publisher because Google does not allow publishing of paid apps from my country.
Warning! This app should only be used by ADVANCED users! If you do not understand what it does - DO NOT USE IT! You can find fstrim() man in Google and more information on XDA - http://bit.ly/10VJRPt. RTFM before asking any questions or rating this app bad!
Some Android users suffer from poor performance after some days/weeks of heavy usage. This is due to a well-known TRIM bug affecting these devices (users report Nexus devices and HTC One devices are affected). Kernels with -discard mount option are NOT affected!
The source of the problem is that internal storage is not properly TRIMmed when needed. You can find lots of information on XDA - http://bit.ly/11VUJvQ and http://bit.ly/14gMsBg It is also well-known fact that running fstrim Linux tool from time to time fixes the issue until internal memory runs out of free blocks. Other solutions like mounting with -discard or disabling fsync may be slow or dangerous.
LagFix is a user-friendly implementation of fstrim utility. It allows you to select which partitions to trim (you should leave defaults unless you know what you are doing) and run the process easily.
Please note that fstrim output depends on kernel and device. It works fine unless you see errors. You might see big amounts of bytes, zero amount or repeating amount. All are fine! Read fstrim manual to understand why all these outputs are valid.
It is also advised to reboot your device after the TRIM process so that kernel could reinitialize block data.
Fix permissions should do the same thing the script does which is available in almost all recoveries, The benefit to this app is that you don't need to reboot into recovery mode to fix those apps that are FC.
I will be adding a fix all option here soon.
Sometimes flashing roms, playing with permissions, or performing other root operation can cause the Android system to forget which UID is associated with an application. In reality it does not forget this, it just issues the app a new id and is oblivious to the fact that it already had an id. When this occurs some apps can start force closing due to the UID mismatch between the UID that the system has assigned to the app and the UID that owns that apps data directory.
This app will resolve these problems. If you have an app constantly force closing you can try using this app to see if it will resolve the issue. Simply select an app in the list below and I will do the rest :)
There is also a donate version of this app in the market if you would like to donate for my work.
Login to VCOM.com from a browser on any computer, tablet or phone to:
- Locate your misplaced or lost Android phone or tablet on a map.
- Make your device scream loudly if you think it’s close.
- Remotely lock your device and post a custom message with contact details.
- Remotely wipe your phone or tablet data if your phone is lost for good.
- Manage and protect your Android phone and tablets, PCs and other mobile devices from one account.
KW: Locate, Lost Phone, Lost Tablet, Phone Finder, Phone Locator, Phone Tracker, Find My Phone, Find My Droid, Anti-Theft, Theft Protection, Stolen Phone, Protection
Backup and Restore your SMS Messages to SD Card, Gmail account or Dropbox account. Lock any application you want.
● Backup and restore your SMS messages
● Backup SMS messages to your Gmail account
● Backup SMS messages to your Dropbox account
● Email a backup file
● Insert SMS message
● Export SMS messages in TXT, CSV or HTML format
● Import SMS messages from TXT or CSV file
● Protect your SMS application with a password
● Schedule automatic backups or manually back up your SMS messages
● Search the SMS messages through your backups and export results
● View backup contents on your phone or computer
This application needs access to the following:
✓ Your messages
edit SMS or MMS, read SMS or MMS
* Needed to read or write sms messages during backup or restore process.
✓ Network communication
full Internet access
view network state
* To access Gmail account
modify/delete SD card contents
* To export sms messages to sdcard.
✓ Your personal information
read contact data
* To display contact names in backups.
✓ System tools
prevent phone from sleeping
automatically start at boot
retrieve running applications
* To prevent the phone from going to sleep during backup or restore process.
* To start schedule backups after reboot
* To protect SMS application using a password
✓ Hardware controls
* To vibrate when the backup or restore operation is completed.
You can backup apps & contacts & SMS & Call logs & Bookmarks & Calendars to the SD card/Google Drive/Gmail. You will never lose your data again!
To get the Ads free pro version, please click here:Super Backup Pro
If your phone has inbuilt storage, the default backup location will probably be the internal storage card and not the external.
This is because the phone reports the storage that way.
If you intend to do a factory reset on the phone, please make sure default backup folder is in your external SD card before doing it. If not, please copy the entire backup folder ("SmsContactsBackup" by default)to your external SD card
-Backup apps to SD card
-Backup & restore app's data(need root)
-Batch restore apps from SD card (need root)
-Backup Contacts & SMS & Call logs & Bookmarks & Calendars to SD card
-Restore Contacts & SMS & Call logs & Bookmarks & Calendars from SD card
-Can select SMS conversations to backup
-Delete the backup data on SD card
-Schedule automatic backups
-Auto upload scheduled backup files to your Google Drive or Gmail
-Can download backup files from Google Drive
-Show last backup count & time
-User can change backup folder path in Settings
-Can backup Contact's group and picture properties
READ YOUR TEXT MESSAGES (SMS OR MMS)/EDIT YOUR TEXT MESSAGES (SMS OR MMS)
These permissions are used to backup & restore your SMS
READ YOUR CONTACTS/MODIFY YOUR CONTACTS
These permissions are used to backup & restore your Contacts
WRITE WEB BOOKMARKS AND HISTORY/READ YOUR WEB BOOKMARKS AND HISTORY
These permissions are used to backup & restore your Bookmarks
READ CALENDAR EVENTS PLUS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION/ADD OR MODIFY CALENDAR EVENTS AND SEND EMAIL TO GUESTS WITHOUT OWNERS' KNOWLEDGE
These permissions are used to backup & restore your Calendars
READ CALL LOG/WRITE CALL LOG
These permissions are used to backup & restore your Call logs
- Italian- Thanks to Emmanuel Avetta
- Portuguese - Thanks to Emmanuel Avetta
- Korean - Thanks to 장승훈
- Hungaria - Thanks to Balu & Hevesi J.
- Turkish - Thanks to Fatih Fırıncı
- Arabic - Thanks to Falcon Eye
- Polish - Thanks to Alvin Świtała
- Russian - Thanks to Сергей Приклонский, Mikhail Medvedev
- Ukrainian - Thanks to Mikhail Medvedev
ROOT only required for installing the Xposed Framework, it can be dropped afterwards.
This app patches several vulnerability issues found on Android collectively known as 'Master Key' exploits:
- bug 8219321
- bug 9695860
- bug 9950697
In general terms, these allow exploiting signed APKs by replacing the code they contain while maintaining the existing signature valid (hence the term 'Master Key'), leading you to think the original author is someone you trust.
The original Android sources have been corrected to fix these problems, but it might take a while
till stock ROMs include the fixes, if ever.
To check if you're vulnerable, you can use other apps available on the store such as SRT AppScanner (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.backessrt.appintegrity) or Bluebox Security Scanner (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bluebox.labs.onerootscanner).
Note: If using Bluebox Security Scanner, make sure to force a refresh on the app once the fix is applied, otherwise you might get a cached and incorrect result.
For any questions or to support my work, please visit http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2365294
Manage SMS offers simple and easy ways to manage your text messages. You can quickly check statistics, create and restore backup, schedule auto backup, search and Delete SMS.
Have you wondered who messaged you most this month?
Want to save your messages and restore them quickly?
Want to delete all, sent or receive messages with just one click?
How to search SMS you need from long list?
Here is a simple and powerful SMS manager.
Find out with whom you chat most. User with highest message count is displayed at top of the list.
Separate statistics view for all, sent and received messages.
View statistics for any custom time period.
View statistics by Day, Week and Month basis.
Options to backup all received or sent messages by one click.
Freedom to restore messages of your choice whether received, send or all messages.
All backups are listed with date and time of backup.
Clear your inbox, sent box or both by just on click.
Automatically create backup daily, weekly, after two weeks or monthly basis.
Search SMS by SMS text or by sender’s mobile number.
Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
Text Hider Plus is a free secret vault for SMS/MMS, calls, photos and more
Hide SMS and MMS text messages, hide photos, hide phone logs!
* * * Now supports KitKat devices! * * *
How to get started:
1. Hider Plus will appear on your device as "Batter Plus" to ensure your privacy.
2. After downloading, look for “Battery Plus” with a green battery icon in your WIDGETS. This is Hider Plus.
3. Press the icon and move it to your home screen.
4. Open the Battery Plus icon. A "Battery Information" screen will pop up. Long tap on the battery image.
5. You will be asked to set a PIN, and you will use it each time you open the app.
What can you hide?
• SMS text messages
• Files of any type
• Phone logs
In addition, you can transfer or copy any files in from your gallery into a Hide It file.
Hider Plus will NOT block incoming calls nor will it hide the caller ID. However, once you set contacts in the hide app, call logs and text logs from those people will appear only in the app.
• The safe browser never stores history, cache, cookies, etc.
• The app automatically closes if you shake it
• The camera lets you take a photo and keep it private
Please rate our app in the Google Play store.
This app contains paid ads that link to third parties.
We are operated by SplashPad Mobile, a top Android app developer. Your app experience is important to us. If you encounter any problems or issues, email email@example.com for a direct response.
- Automatically upload to Google Drive.
- Automatically upload to Dropbox.
- Send automated emails after a backup.
This app does not appear in the list of apps in the phone launcher. It is used by the SMS Backup & Restore app and gets opened from the "Backup Settings" screen of that app.
It may not work with all devices as the Google Play Services may not be available. Please get in touch with me if you get problems.
This app only has access to its own folder and does not have access to other Dropbox folders.
Check the "Use Browser for Authentication" if you want to use your default/external browser for authentication rather than the built-in functionality.
All the settings on the screen are dependent on the Mail Service Provider that you use. The details about the service can be found on the providers site. Some of the common ones are linked at the bottom of this section.
Sender Email Address: The email address from which the email should be sent.
Recipient Email Address: The email address of the recipient. If you are sending the email to yourself then this will be the same as the Sender Email Address.
SMTP Server: The HostName/IP Address of the email SMTP server. For example: smtp.gmail.com for Gmail.
Port: The port used by the SMTP server. Normally 25/465/587. For example: 465 for Gmail.
Security: The security used for connecting to the SMTP server. Use SSL/TLS for Gmail.
Require Login: Checked if the SMTP server needs you to authenticate before sending emails. Check this for Gmail.
User Name: The user name required to authenticate with the SMTP server. For Gmail, its your email address.
Password: The password required to authenticate with the SMTP server. For Gmail, its your Gmail password. If you use 2-step authentication in Gmail, you'll need to generate an application specific password.
Subject: The subject for the email.
Body: The message content for the email.
This App needs access to the following:
* Network communication: To connect to Email/Dropbox/Google servers.
* Your accounts: Used for Google Drive account setup.
* View Network Connections: So that the app does not try to upload when there is no network connectivity.
* Test access to Protected Storage: To read the Backup file on the SD card.
SMS Time Fix was built to solve one problem: receiving text messages with incorrect times. For me, this was caused by using an unlocked Telus phone on Rogers. For others, this is about roaming on Sprint. Whatever the reason may be, if you receive messages with the incorrect time, SMS Time Fix should solve your problem. It covers a wide range of issues across multiple networks and can be customized to suit your needs.
NOTE: There is one situation where SMS Time Fix is unable to fix your messages. If messages sent while your phone is turned off (or disconnected) show the time that your phone was turned on (connected), and you'd like it to show the time the message was actually sent, then SMS Time Fix will not solve your problem. Please contact your network provider and your device manufacturer and let them know that you are not satisfied with the way your phone and the network have been configured.
Priority SMS is also able to alarm after you have missed a call. If your family calls you overnight and you miss the call, Priority SMS can make sure you wake up.
Developers: The source code is available on GitHub: https://github.com/mattprecious/prioritysms Feel free to contribute!
- Built in support for SMS, incoming/missed phone calls, and GTalk
- Rich notifications on Android 4.1+
- Forward most other notifications by creating a custom profile
- Connect to multiple devices
Developers: The source code is available on GitHub: https://github.com/mattprecious/notisync Feel free to contribute!
If your transit system isn't yet supported by Google Maps, you can use Location Notifier to notify you when your bus stop is approaching. For long highway trips where you don't need turn by turn navigation, have Location Notifier notify you when you near your exit.
Send an SMS message to your family when you're a few blocks away from home, or give your friends a heads up to come let you in.
* Choose the radius around your destination to trigger the notification
* Use GPS for finer accuracy, or use only Network/Wi-Fi location to preserve battery life
* See the remaining distance in your notification tray
* Choose the ringtone to use for notifications
* Enable insistent notifications that don't stop until you respond
If you have a feature you would like to see, or if there are any problems, write me an email! I'd love to hear your feedback.
keywords: location, notifier, notify, alert, alarm, proximity, radius
Cake reminds you when an important birthday is coming up. Unlike Facebook, it tracks only your phone contacts so you won't be spammed with useless reminders. When it's somebody's birthday, Cake will notify you and you can call or message them right from the notification.
Cake also supports DashClock! See whose birthday it is right from your lock screen. You can also see upcoming birthdays as well so you won't be running around for a gift at the last minute.