Download ROM updates for CyanogenMod, MIUI, AOKP or for alternative ROMs (manual repository).
Note that this application is for people who know the correct procedure to install / update a ROM.
For example, if you install a major update (eg Android 2.3 to 4.0), you need to WIPE / Cache to avoid conflicts and errors. Follow the procedure and it is not the fault of System Updater if you encounter an error.
Do not forget to write me a mail if you have good ideas to offer.
Thank you and hope you enjoy System Updater.
-- requires ClockworkMod recovery or any with edify capabilities in /cache/recover/extendedcommand --
>>> this application requires that the ROM developer supports it. THIS APPLICATION, STAND ALONE, DOES NOTHING. YOU HAVE TO SET THE REPOSITORY URL IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE UPDATES.
>> Json file not found: the repository is not available because the repository maintainer deleted it, not because the application doesn't work!
>>> ask the ROM maintainer to support ROM Updater in his mod! !!!
ROM Updater is meant to be an universal, free tool to maintain your Android modified operating system up to date.
It's repository-based, maintained by the ROM developer. It's able to recognize the mod name and version and will let you see the available updates, incremental or full download.
It has a full support for the most common recovery actions (cache/data wipe, apply zip update, backup etc). To set the repository URL you just need a click (you can always set it manually). *NEW* A list of the actual repositories is available in the settings menu - share yours sending anonymous data!
DEVELOPERS: to know how to create a repository / integrate the updater with your mod, please go to the website or send me an email.
CyanDelta lets you update your CyanogenMod ROM, Paranoid Android ROM or OmniROM by downloading just a small delta file (about 10 MB) instead of a big full zip file each time. With CyanDelta you can finally update your ROM in just some minutes even with a slow and expensive 2G or 3G connection!
CyanDelta is the perfect replacement of “CM Updater”, “ROM Manager” and “BBQLog”. When a ROM update is available it will notify you and show the changelog between the version you have installed and the new one. If you decide to update, it will delta-download the new version and if you want it will automatically install the new zips via recovery.
✓ Security: all downloaded data is digitally signed by us to prevent manomissions.
✓ Recovery zip install: it can automatically reboot to recovery, install the ROM zip and other additional zips (kernel, modem...), wipe dalvik cache and reboot (requires root).
✓ Changelog: if you have a NIGHTLY build, when an update is available, CyanDelta will show you the list of changes between the ROM version you have installed and the new one.
✓ Update notification: when a ROM update is available, CyanDelta will notify you.
✓ High efficiency deltas: it uses the RFC3284 VCDIFF algorithm and some magic to produce really small deltas.
✓ Supports TWRP and CWM-based recovery, but NOT the closed-source ClockworkMod (the name is similar to CWM-based, but it’s a different thing!), since it's locked down by its author to only work with ROM Manager. If you have an unsupported recovery you can just manually install the zips generated by CyanDelta.
✓ Supports all official CyanogenMod ROMs and devices listed in http://download.cyanogenmod.org
For other infos please visit the FAQ section of our website and the official "CyanDelta" Google+ community.
With a beautiful, fully updated with Material Design and a very easy-to-use UI, it combines a series of powerful tools to manage and control your device with franco.Kernel.
It's simply the best tool of its kind - managing the Kernel parameters has never been more fun and easy!
Take note that your device needs to be ROOTED. I don't accept refunds if you fail to read this warning.
This application supports the following devices only:
* Galaxy Nexus
* Nexus 4
* Nexus 5
* Nexus 6
* Nexus 7 2012
* Nexus 7 2013
* Nexus 10
* One Plus One
Supports Android from JellyBean (4.1) up to Lollipop (5.0.+).
* Deep integration with franco.Kernel
* Checks for new franco.Kernel versions (with a choice for automatic check once every 24h)
* Auto flash Kernels directly into the device without any user input besides requiring a reboot (which is also automatic by default)
* Download .zips to be flashed in recovery
* Beautiful UI that follows Material Design guidelines
* Interface to change CPU clocks, governor and other interfaces pending Kernel support (undervolt, Hotplug control, GPU control, CPU-Boost control)
* Interface to change the CPU governor parameters
* Backup & Restore Kernels on the fly without any "geek" knowledge
* Custom Kernel settings such as: IO scheduler, IO scheduler tuning, TCP congestion algorithm and options to turn logging off
* A powerful tool called Per-App Profiles which lets you create power profiles for your favourite apps. For example you want maximum CPU frequency when gaming, but low frequency when reading an e-book. With this tool that is possible. Its also very flexible and easy to use!
* A System Monitor with a beautiful UI courtesy of the developer Christian Göllner
* A simple File Manager to flash boot.imgs and Kernel .zips on the go from anywhere inside the sdcard (open, delete and see info about the file)
* Color and Sound control for selected devices pending Kernel support
* CPU temperature available in the notification bar for devices that export the CPU temperature
* Performance Profiles built-in on franco.Kernel (Power-save, Balance and Performance) which you can select with a single touch, no need to mess with settings. Also features a Home screen widget for an easy way to change profiles without going into the app
I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures of the app. No warranties of any kind are given. Use your brains, you have them for a reason! :)
So, I decided to try to write an app that would help folks figure-out what the issues might be so that they can get their OTA update installed.
The OTA Verifier app can be used to evaluate an over-the-air (OTA) update.zip or other flashable .zip file before you attempt the install or afterwards to help you figure-out why the installation may have failed. OTA Verifier will point-out what files and conditions are being tested so that you can more easily attempt to correct these issues.
Q: Do I have to be rooted to use this?
A: No, but rooted devices will have more conditions that the app will be able to test/evaluate because it will have access to protected files that non-rooted devices don't.
Q: Will the app actually do the installation or change anything on my device?
A: No. The app will only evaluate the expressions and conditions contained inside the updater-script file inside the .zip file that's trying to be installed. None of the functions or commands that try to modify your device (i.e., delete/patch/format/extract, etc.) will be evaluated or executed. The app basically operates in "read-only" mode with respect to the .zip file being evaluated.
Q: Will this app work on older devices or flashable .zip files that use the amend update-script files?
A: No, this app evaluates and interprets the newer edify updater-script files (notice the "r" in "updater").
How do I use this app?
1. Install and launch the app
2. Click the "Select File" button and navigate to desired .zip file
3. Long-press (press and hold) the file entry for the desired .zip file
4. Click the "Verify OTA .zip" file pop-up
5. Wait for the app to process the file (very large files may take several minutes to complete)
6. View the displayed results (text will also be copied to the clipboard)
1. Savvy root users probably already know that after a failed .zip file installation, you should be able to view the /cache/recovery/last_log file to view the information about what might have failed. OTA Verifier will try to uncover all of the issues and not just the first one that causes the installation to fail.
2. While I wrote this app principally to evaluate OTA update.zip files, the edify updater-script files are used and written by ROM devs and others who created flashable .zip files. This app can be used to evaluate those file's updater-script files, too.
3. Note: it is not a given that an error reported by this app also means that the OTA will fail to install. I'm seeing newer (Android 5+) OTAs whose updater-script contains post-install SHA1 checks that will be reported as failures (false expressions) by this app. I've added (v2.5) a new "strict mode" preference/setting that will "allow" non-existent files to not make the expression their referenced in evaluate to false (which they would otherwise). Version 2.6 brings additional logic to handle these post-install SHA1 checks by allowing them to not be evaluated as false when detected after seeing a "verifying system partition files" ui_print expression.
4. Additionally, in v2.6, the app will suppress any errors past the 25th one since the output becomes unwieldy (you can revert this change in the preference/settings menu).
Please see this Google+ post for more details on the latest changes: https://plus.google.com/111250871094989567615/posts/ftgrXDS3s8i
Questions? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Android™ is a trademark of Google, Inc.
Also serves as temporary un-root (see statement)
Distributed as free of charge - no warranty. Open Source license: WTFPL.
Alternative download link: http://dl.project-voodoo.org/apps/VoodooOTARootKeeper.apk
This application makes a backup or a protected backup of your device's root.
This device must already be rooted: OTA RootKeeper doesn't have the ability to root devices.
If several conditions are matched, OTA RootKeeper will make root survive OTAs and... pretty much well anything :) − except /system partition formatting.
- /system partition as Ext2, Ext3 or Ext4
- Upgrades not formatting or overwriting completely the /system partition.
Typical systems where its perfectly effective:
- Nexus S
- Galaxy Nexus
- Every Honeycomb tablet
Typical system where the protection won't work:
- HTC Desire
- Samsung Galaxy Spica
- Samsung Galaxy S / SII
The application doesn't support original Superuser and not SuperSU for a very simple reason. The same feature OTA protection feature is already present in SuperSU.
In most case, only manufacturer's original recovery is able to install OTAs. It should not interfere with OTA update process itself.
A bonus feature is present, allowing you to un-root your device while keeping a su backup.
This way you can naively hide root until you choose to restore it via without further complications.
This nifty feature work on every rooted device.
** Temporary un-root statement **
This feature is designed for dev purposes in order to test their app with or without root.
The goal here is not to encourage stupid and unacceptable behaviors by movie or content sellers trying to prevent you to purchase or watch digital media you purchased if your device is rooted.
Vote with your dollars: Don't accept being a customer of companies restricting your freedom with defective and and inefficient technical measures.
Source code is available here:
OTA root keeper is Open Source. Contributions, reviews and comments are welcome!
If you like this app, feel free to donate via PayPal to email@example.com & make my day in the process :D
XDA Developers thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1241517
- Please help making the app work on devices I don't know/own instead of giving useless bad ratings.
- It seems I have to repeat that. Comments & rating doesn't help fixing bugs. Take responsibility if you want problem solved.
What does it do?
This uses root access to "Snatch" a copy of your device's OTA Update .ZIP file to your device's storage so you can upload it for others to use, or have a backup copy for yourself. (Remember, sharing is caring.)
***PLEASE DISABLE ANY USB MASS STORAGE OR IT WON"T COPY***
How can I tell it worked?
Use a File Manager or Computer to view your device's storage. Inside the /OTA/ folder on your storage you should find your OTA Update .ZIP file. The name depends on your device's OEM and other factors.
What devices will it not work on?
This is compatible with all rooted Android devices that use the /cache/ updating system. If your device is unique and does not support the /cache/ updating system, you can compile your own copy, or notify me of the device and I will try to add in support from my end.
This app is Open Source! You can compile it yourself from the github below.
This project is specifically for custom ROM and Kernel devlopers to be able to implement an easy to use and free OTA Updater app.
The project has one goal: to provide a way to provide OTA Updates as simple and quick as possible.
- Add and remove OTA Updates in a centralized database.
- Push notification on ROM or Kernel update.
- Check for updates once a day.
- Check for updates manually when the user wants to.
- Download the ROM or Kernel and flash it directly.
- Download the ROM or Kernel without flashing.
- Wipe data and/or cache before flashing the update.
- All available ROMs and Kernels in listed on the website.
- Its free to use!
[ Do not give bad rating if the app says that your ROM or Kernel isn't supported, ask your ROM or Kernel developer to fix that! ]
[ ONLY USABLE ON SUPPORTED CUSTOM ROMS AND KERNELS ]
[ ASK THE ROM-DEV TO SUPPORT THE UPDATER ]
[ TO USE THIS APP AS A ROM OR KERNEL GO TO OUR SITE ]
Features and Differences with integrated updater:
*Simple and nice User Interface
*Changelog of current, old and next builds
*Auto-Check and Auto-Download of new builds (at time set by you)
*Social bar for commenting/rating a build (useful to avoid bad builds)
*Flash additional zips in batch with the ROM (kernel, gapps etc..)
*Auto-Delete old builds
*Auto-Delete old backups (unlockable on second launch)
*Hide translations in changelog
*Share changes via Twitter and Google Plus
*Auto-Flash of new Build (at time set by you)
*Automatic Backup before Flash
First 5 days of use are Ads Free!
Some features need ROOT!
If you want to translate this app in your language contact me (can take max 15 minutes)
This app is NOT affiliated with "CyanogenMod" Team.
This app has been created to avoid having duplicated apps. With it, you will be able to remove duplicated apps, which are installed in both system memory and internal memory, wasting space. The first 12.596.934 are free!
Free space with a few clicks, and don't let the stock apps and their updates to full your internal memory.
Keywords: update stock apps, bloatware, update, system apps, stock apps.
Обновляет только официальные прошивки. Список официальных прошивок на miui.su/download
- Скачивание русских прошивок MIUI с официального русского сайта miui.su
- Просмотр списков изменений
- Перезагрузка в Recovery
- Прошивка через приложение
- Поддержка OTA пакетов обновления
It allows Webmasters, SEO/SERP specialists, bloggers and even users with little knowledgement in SEO (Search Engine Optimization), to know every moment the position of their website/blog in the search results of Google.
If you have hired third parties responsible for the positioning of your website in Google, PaSEO will allow you to monitor your progress eveywhere using your Android smartphone/tablet or other Android device. This will avoid the arduous job of checking one by one the keywords.
It allows the creation of projects in an easy and intuitive way. Then you can enter the keywords you want and check its position, one by one or all at once. Then you can see the pages of the competition via a single keyword and then you can take the appropriate strategy to overcome them.
PaSEO allows you to check your keywords in many countries.
More than 200 country/language support.
Share your progress using Twitter, Facebook, ...
- Click on the project: Go to the keywords screen for this project
- Long press on the project: Allows you to edit the project parameters or delete it.
- Options button of your device: Application options.
- Back button of your device: Exits the app.
- Click on the keyword: Go to the results screen for this keyword
- Long press on the keyword: Allows deleting it using the forbidden icon.
- Click on the reload/refresh icon: Inspect only this keyword.
- Options button of your device: Allows inspecting all the keywords at once.
- Back button of your device: Return to the project screen.
This app saves a protected copy of "Su" for devices already rooted.
If you loose root permissions after an OTA update, it may be able to restore it.
The backup and store speed is quicker than other apps and this software is totally free!
Useless with: Samsung phones updated via KIES or Odin and older devices using YAFFS filesystem only, any device flashing entire system partition.
Any devices using Ext3 or Ext4 filesystem and Google style incremental OTA update.zip
ATTENTIONS: If you are using Superuser & SuperSU, take care keeping application and su backup consistent.
The status can be set:
superuser app installed, device rooted, root permission granted and protected su copy available.
If you need this app, just download free.
Android Market update notification not working properly for you? No problem! App Update Notifier is the solution.
App Update Notifier not only checks apps that you installed through the Android Market, but ALL your installed apps, even those from third party markets...
Also features an optional background service which notifies you automatically if new updates for your installed apps become available.
!!! NOTES !!!
Please note that App Update Notifier will (of course!) send a list of your installed apps to the server to check for the online version infos!